*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:56:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3: Athena Sword For Mac (Rev's Conversion)  (Read 13399 times)
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2004, 09:39:57 am »

why don't you contact him yourself?

damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2004, 11:32:14 am »

Rev all we need now is for the ban from GR to be removed by scott! Cheesy

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2004, 04:27:14 am »

Rev,

By trying to port the entire game AS you are basically following down the same path as Mauti did back then.  I just cant understand why you guys would want to rock the boat with doing that.  Nods his head.  By trying to get the entire game to work for the Mac you guys are creating serious issues with Aspyr about this.  Just thought I would let you know that I am in constant contact with Aspyr media.  Not only are they down the street from where I live but they again  do shitloads of beta testing at Apple where I work.  If you guys ever want to be  able to use anything of theirs in cases like this I suggest you guys please stop rocking the freaking boat.  Rev, It's great that you are trying to port this, and I can respect that.  But if you distribute this you are breaking the law.  It does not matter weather or not you  make money off of it.  The law states for copywright that ANYTIME you create a patch of a game to work with another system and for any reason it deters money being given to the actual copyright holder you are therefore in violation of copyright law and not only do they get to pick which court from which country you happen to be in to fuck you in the ass but they also will be able to shut down any and all sites that host this port, including the  company also being able to sue anyone that assists in the distribution of this copyrighted program.  

There is a few things that you can do to make sure that dosen't happen.

1) dont port the game..
2) If you are going to port something find out who has the rights to the actual expansion, then get permission to port some of the maps if they have no intention of trying to get into the market of the Mac world with the expansion.  This might take some time as I am going thru this shit as we speak for using some of the IT maps.  

Just food for thought.

Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Revelaton 3:16
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2004, 04:57:21 am »

This has been already been covered.

I love to do gaming ports, i will contiune to rock the boat for years to come.

Untill it capsizes, im not going to stop.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2004, 08:02:33 pm »

Sab this thread was started before Aspyr announced that it will convert AS for the Mac, so I'm out of the race and as you have seen with Island Thunder it is legal to make a conversion patch, I even had UBI's bless for this, because no Mac company bought the rights.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads