*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 07:08:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Battlefield 2 Demo
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2 Demo  (Read 2963 times)
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« on: June 12, 2005, 08:02:54 pm »

The Demo was released this weekend(PC only) and all I have to say is wow. I only got to play it for a few minutes but tonight I should have a few hours on my hands to spend playing. I can only hope that this game is ported to Mac, well...if need be, who knows with this whole Intel thing going on. Im sure alot of you are interested in this game so ill post more on it later.

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:15:20 pm »

WoooHoooOOO!!!  clapping hands

Damn, I can't seem to find any decent servers, 47,5 kb/s right now from some BT place. =/

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 08:17:55 pm »

yeah this game looked good enough for you to go out and buy a intel box... oh wait  Lips Sealed

voods give us the full run down when you have had some time to play (would be interested to know what the System Specs are as well!)

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 08:43:25 pm »

WoooHoooOOO!!!  clapping hands

Damn, I can't seem to find any decent servers, 47,5 kb/s right now from some BT place. =/

I paid the $1.95 for the high bandwith download from www.seemeplayme.com and downloaded @ 600kbps. and only too 10 minute for a 800mb file.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Adult Gamers Alliance
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:54:00 am »

Of Course we're all sick with anticipation on your report...hope you styed up alll fuckin night just to come rub the low-down in our faces...

--bastard---

Not looking forward to the three year wait for the mac version tho... Angry

I just had a horrible thought..only two or three more gens down the line...were gonna find ourselves in the heat of battle with the most unbelievable mods and life-like bots, devastating ordnance and get all involved, and form new clans, only to discover  form some underground peacenik e-zine that we're actually flying planes and operating tanks against very real chinese and korean enemies...

omfg. Lips Sealed

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 03:34:37 pm »

omfg this game sucks...is that what you wanted to hear?

Shiex, It no longer takes that long for games to come to the mac. I would expect this game to hit the mac shelves in less then 6 months.

Adult Gamers Alliance
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 09:43:15 pm »

ooo....wait.. i wasnt being an ass Voo...
That was total friendly jealousy. (on second read, my post probably came off wrong-sorry bro)
I was expecting you to rave about how kick-ass it was, and how you were playing, and smiling and laughing, and..and...

so...it sucks?
wha?

and i was being dramatic about the wait.
omg..does it really suck? after all those cool ass looking vids?

MORE INFO!! please hunny?

We need more love

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 10:49:39 pm »

ooo....wait.. i wasnt being an ass Voo...
That was total friendly jealousy. (on second read, my post probably came off wrong-sorry bro)
I was expecting you to rave about how kick-ass it was, and how you were playing, and smiling and laughing, and..and...

Nope, I took it the right way. I know you well enough that You were kidding around. It was just sarcasim on my part.. I should have put a "lol" after that comment.

Maybe I should have said it this way: OMFG !!!! This game sucks!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAAH.....NOT!!

We need more love

p.s. If it makes you feel any better, the demo is buggy as all hell. I especially love all the noobs out there hosting 32 game servers on a dsl modem that couldnt even host 6 players. Fucking dumbasses. They need to build some sort of check in the system that only allows people to host servers per there up load.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 10:51:30 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

Adult Gamers Alliance
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 02:50:16 am »

Can't BF2 go up to 100 players?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 06:32:59 am »

The largest Ive seen was 64 player servers. I cannot confirm or deny max players being 100.

Here is a great article I found for some systems tested on....

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23893

apologies for spelloing errors, just got home from the Sox kicking some Red's assess!!!, wOOt.

Adult Gamers Alliance
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 05:56:42 am »

Yep, some maps will support up to 100 players.

This game is said to sport graphics on par with Half Life 2, and utilizes modern weaponry like the TOW anti-tank missle, laser guided bombs, and the joint strike fighter jet. Two new character classes will be playable, the special operations and heavy weaponry characters, each with it's own unique abilities. Most of these weapons and vehicles will be available on various maps, some of which will be able to support up to 100 players.

Electronic Arts is also promising a built in VoIP, that will allow players to communicate effectively with their team. There will also be a global tracking system that will rank each individual player worldwide. Players who build up their rank and history in the game will be able to unlock new weapons and abilities to further their gaming experience.

Another exciting development for the game is the built in Battlefield VCR which will allow servers to record an entire battle for future reference. Teams will be able to show off their entire game history online with this feature.

voo

Adult Gamers Alliance
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 03:07:30 pm »

Bf2 release has come and gone. Game is amazing. How does this sound....grabbing your special forces kit, hopping into a plane, flying across the map at high alltitudes, ejecting, parachutting above your enemies main base, planting c4 on their radars and artillery, blowing it up right as they spawn so they can witness their base crumbling.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 04:24:39 pm »

spawnkiller... Tongue

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 04:55:23 pm »

im more of a spawnowner

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 05:01:00 pm »

A mate of mine just sent me a txt message saying he's just bought a copy of BF2 to go with his brand new top spec PC (euw) and well... hes been playing it non stop from last night and i think might be starting to hallucinate, before i hop in the car and go see what can be done to ease the pain of this quivering wreck of a gamer i grabbed a look at some more video's of the game... and well to be honest i almost had to go change Wink

If you havn't been and looked at the video's go, go now. if you have, then you can tell me, honestly, to the point, do we really have a hope in hell of seeing this game hit the mac, now or even when the intel box's ship? I saw the great big ugly beast of the gamespy icon in the server browser window which suggests all the MP is delbt with by them (so same problem as AA then there) ... but i want, i want badly, its everything that AA pretended it was going to be but cant even piss on from a small incline.

Shiex, It no longer takes that long for games to come to the mac. I would expect this game to hit the mac shelves in less then 6 months.

... I feel a mass email to requests@aspyr.com coming on...

NiKLoT

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 05:24:10 pm »

i played BF2 and my reaction was the same as BFG's, wow! it would b great if it would come out for mac, its abit a mix of Ghr and RvS, Big maps like in Ghr god damn good graphics like in RvS Cheesy well its even better then the rvs graphics but i think the danger to get addicted to this game is about that big as by WoW, cuz some weapons u can only chose if u have done something, then theres a list like the BTs but a bit more professional. And the ingame voice is hilarious no stupid Premium or something like that..... i just loved this game...
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 05:35:43 pm »

the graphics blew me away, but what really blew me away was just how seamless it all looked - you've got 64 players on foot, in tanks, jeeps, in jets and helicopters, not to mention small boats etc, and the whole thing looks so fluid - a freaking huge battle ground, mixing them all together. For those of u that remember the first dev of halo - this is what they were talking about...

i don't know anything about the game engine (im guessing its proprietary? ) or weather it makes use of havok or any 3rd party PE , the biggest stumbling block looks to be the networking (im presuming that even to make it mac v mac  would require a huge amount of re-writing for the networking base) ... but well i want, and what else have we got to look forward to;

what are the big games announced for the mac for 2006? well this autum we've got Colin Mcrae rally (which looks fantastic, i can't wait Smiley ) and well 2006 we might just see UT3 make its appearance... but well... what about BF2 Smiley

NiKLoT

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 09:58:00 pm »

and rvs black arrow?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads