*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:22:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Battlefield 2
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 2  (Read 2913 times)
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« on: April 20, 2005, 03:21:47 pm »

This game looks amazing. I hope it comes to the Mac platform. Hopefully by the time it gets ported I will have myself a new Mac.

http://files.ea.com/downloads/eagames/official/battlefield2/bf2_video_05_lo.mov

voo

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 04:05:34 pm »

ok...speechless...

BUT.
There is No way that is game footage..no way..and if it is...wherer] can i pre-pre-preorder?
Do you have any other info on it or is that just their teaser footage??

man, im gonna be messed up about that clip for the rest of the day...no way that can be game footage....
and if it is..I'll trade off my smaller macs to get it, and you guys are dead if we can fly those jets becuase i am nothing less than inspired with my dogfighting skills..as per Falcon4...Screw FA18 and its 1993 truck sized pixels...

(you dont happen to know anyone who plays falcon4 or Warbirds??  do you?)

ok..nuff of me.
thx for the clip voo.

i miss you too dammit.
Ill host a room with guests of your choice if you ever feel the need for games bro.
 Beer

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 06:59:50 pm »

Crazy. The features of this game is what really amaze me though. 100 player MP! Dynamically scaling maps! All the vehicles and weapons!

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 08:43:39 pm »

Plenty of decent quality ingame clips here http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=46

The battlecomander thing looks very cool. Unfortunatly theres the H word that means we (mac) probably wont see this game in a hurry. If at all.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 09:29:13 pm »

lmao, I didnt realize that it ran on the havoc engine. Guess Ill just be playin it on my PC.  Wink

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 09:38:13 pm »

Great,
 just like a woman...

You Show me a little nipple-nipple,
and just when i get the pants around the ankles,
you kick me in the balls..

Thanks Havoc. U asshole.
 Showing my ass

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 09:49:47 pm »

Aspyr has stressed that they are continuing to try to get havok on mac, if not they are trying to find a alternative solution to act as havok. Of course that means mac vs PC MP problems unless its done to perfection.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2005, 01:50:59 pm »

Ok please just rape me now  Showing my ass becuase this thing looks unbelievable. I just can't believe these video's are ingame footage, im mean holy shit just LOOK at it!! forget AA or F2F or GhR3 this thing is astonishing... And FREAKING HUGE!!! the detail the environment.... the modeling... the physics.... oh no not the physics pleeease!!

P4 3Ghz   GeforceFX Card, Couple of Gig of Ram  ... for the "power" users and their PCs
Yeah that battle commander looks lovely - also built in VoIP with your Squad leaders heh.

Please Asypr, please pretty please, just tell us if you would like havok eliminated im sure we could pull together Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2005, 03:24:16 pm »

Don't forget about GameRanger support this time  Wink Furhter even if the video is amazing it doesn't say anything about the gameplay. I guess this won't be much different from BF1942.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2005, 03:31:18 pm »

One of the video's on the site that Sinister posted was actual gameplay and it did in fact look amazing.

...I wish MacSoft would take control because they do such a better job of porting things.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2005, 03:36:05 pm »

Yep just watched one of the big vids of guys playing - real ingame footage and looking inpressive as hell.

ps True mauti - i have to confess i was less than impressed by the game-play of BF1942 - it just all felt to point and click Arcade style .. and however much people try most players seem to want to be lone rambo's and not opperate in a team Sad

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2005, 03:38:37 pm »

Yeah I was watching some of the video's and it still looks a little unrealistic, instead of guys dying in one shot they take many...I thought I even saw one guy take a rocket.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 03:57:31 pm »

Yeah - if you watch one of the interviews they actually say how they wanted to keep it really simple and make everything simply "point and shoot" realism is definatly not a part of this game, seems like a pity given the efforts that have gone into accurately modeling the characters, vehicles, planes etc, not to mention the impressive environments...    then again nothing a good team of modders couldn't handle in terms of realism mods perhaps? Smiley

think i will now completely igore the existance of BF2 - it aint coming to mac and im never going to play it  Sad

core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 05:28:25 pm »

When i said it used havoc it was because id read it on many many sites. yet according to this interview with one of the DICE devs from a couple of days ago it doesnt.

"DICE: These rumours about the fact that Battlefield 2 should be using Havoc are not true. We are using our own physics engine and nothing else.

We are still working with performance and trying to find a good level of destruction. Our focus is to have gameplay-changing objects that give us a much more dynamic battlefield and then additional destruction of more cosmetic objects to make the world more interactive."

http://www.bfcentral.se/?s=article_show&id=451

Maybe theres hope after all.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2005, 05:30:14 pm by l ! l Sinister » Logged
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 08:39:31 pm »

... And suddenly the clouds part, the sun appears, bunnys hop across the green green grass, and all is well again  clapping hands

God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 10:59:43 pm »

No that's just BFG on LSD.  Grin

c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2005, 06:17:24 am »

Well, sorry to bring up a (semi) dead thread, but I just got around to watching the video and  Shocked .  So, I then discovered there is an online petition to show support for the game from the Mac community, so that Aspyr will possibly port it.  Rumor has it Aspyr is in negotiations with EA right now, and things are looking good, but a little extra umph from the mac gaming community couldnt hurt. 

So, take 30 seconds out of your day, go here: http://www.e-time.us/bf2_Petition/  and tell Aspyr that you'd love to see this game come to the Mac!

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2005, 06:55:56 am »

Get after it people...u know you want it.

i do.

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2005, 02:23:15 pm »

Does anyone know about that site with the petition? Seems a little sketchy... there's no way to see how many people have signed the petition or any information on how/when they are going to deliver the it to Aspyr.

That didn't stop me from signing it though. Oh please! Pretty please... bring it to Mac!

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2005, 02:33:35 pm »

nothing other than its basically the equivalent of Zulu - Universal Coordinated Time which is the time set by the World Time Standard.
E-time is designed to give Gamers a one stop viewing solution for online play synchronisation, scrimmages, and other gaming activitie

put ma name down anyway though, Christ i think most people would go loopy if we could get that game to mac - from drivers to pilots, Run and Gunners to stealth and snipers - not to mention RTS fans and the "commander" or whatever it was.

i wonder how easy it would be to mod the game to introduce some levels of realism etc

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads