*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:25:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Close Combat gets Pwnt by Xbox Mag
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Close Combat gets Pwnt by Xbox Mag  (Read 2761 times)
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« on: April 11, 2005, 11:31:19 pm »

As i looked through the movies of this game a while back i thought that it looked like a better version of Full Spectrum Warrior, that is until i pick up the newest issue of Official Xbox Magazine and read their brand new review. In short, they tear it apart giving it a 2.8 out of 10. Things like crap graphics, monotonous gameplay and Ai with perfect aim and AI buddies that get wounded by one baddie in a room when there are four of u top the list in the problems with the game. I know alot of you people are looking forward to it but i thought id drop u this line to let u know its not worth ur money.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
l ! l Ross

Macs Rule

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 12:22:34 am »

I have my brothers Official xBox Magazine (UK) here and they gave it a 8.4

There Summary has one bad point "Annoying graphical glitches and the odd dodgy AI line of sight moment belie the game's otherwise top quality presentation and immersion"

It doesn't sound more buggy than RvS. There could also be the case that these graphical glitches are only on the xbox version. If not we can expect updates to fix these problems.

With all the hype this game has had it probably will be a disappointment for a lot of people. But hopefully it will be a RvS, AA combination that will be good online.

Wether its worth the money? Who knows.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 03:40:20 am »

Wow! A 2.8, I sure am glad I'm waiting for Lockdown.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 04:10:23 pm »

Well its shipping so not long to wait and find out!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
cO.twist

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:59:08 pm »

gdamn it...ive been waiting for a 'good' game to come out for a while...and i was totally relying on this game...Ghost Recon officially sucks goat nuts....ive played every map 01394834098 times..and its just old....Like Ross said, i hope the 2.8 was only bc the xbox version blew..
|MP|Nomad
Forum Whore

Go Apple!!

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 11:39:52 pm »

I hear the samething form others, but from another site (can't remember which, but my bro Kirok who is a console gamer read it, I will try and find out the link) it gave CC:FTF (xbox version) an 80/100%.  Anyway, I hope the comp version is much better. 

I own the xbox version and its a great game, its just teh controls that are fucked.  Alot to remember and it is slowwww as hell.  For example, if you spot an enemy and you realize that he spotted you first, generally you reaction is to turn and get cover, well in the xbox version of this game, forget it!! you are a sitting duck!  You move to damn slow he will shoot you, your best option is to dog-fight the guy and hope for the best. 

The King of Pistoleros
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 12:09:43 am »

I notice that kind of thing in tons of xbox FPS games, unless they are specifically designed for consoles. However, we did beta the PC release either way.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 07:35:18 pm »

Last I checked this was a Mac Gaming section.

Who gives a shit about the xbox version, fuck the xbox and fuck Bill Gates. It was made shitty for shitty xboxers and pc sluts. Once it hits the mac, then we can review it's perfomance.

Anyways, it can't be worse than RvS..so Im sure it'll be fine.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 07:50:51 pm »

Umm kilzo, it is out for mac, shipping soon. Actually it's easy to be worse than Rvs, look at GhR series. Finally, the XBOX is be best console on the market, thus the one I own.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster

Sancho!

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 08:27:47 am »

Yea Myst, I know it is out, I bought it today at the Apple store. Mafsoft is in Minnesota, where I live.
And Im glad you have an xbox...I myself don't do much on consoles, I went for the ps2 and TW is about all I play. I was just saying you can't compare the xbox console fps to a computer version, it's not even close to the same thing.

Sancho!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 05:24:02 pm »

Yea, so I install the game, enter my cd-key number, hit ok, and nothing happens....LMAO!! Wtf is this crap? So, naturally, I delete the game, re-install, same thing...after I enter my cd number the app quits. So any ideas? I ran software update before I installed, I have more than the minimum system reqs...just won't launch. Luckily I live about 20 minutes away from Macssoft so come tomorrow I can kick it on over there, but Id rather not if anyone knows a fix.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 05:55:58 pm »

Son...of....a.....

Man Kilz, Sure hope you get that figured out.
The store here in Dallas doesn't have it yet..but dammit...

Im not making assumptions here about your install style, but more recent games are requiring that you install in user/apps to work properly, due to paths to library/app support, etc...
Might have a look at that..and Kilz, if you see me on gr even afk drop me a line to let me know where you are in the process...

thx

Sheix  <---moist with anticipation shocked

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2005, 06:33:34 pm »

Hmmm sexy

Kilzo that sounds dodgy as crap, when you wiped it to do a fresh install did you make sure to wipe any preference files, caches or logs that the install might have made (im sure you did... just checking Smiley )  - so when you enter the key and press enter it quits ? - my default thought is that sounds like a problem with permissions or something (perhaps part of what Sheix has said) ie it can't write the serial number because of a permission error and is therefore crashing.. i might be totally and utterable completely wrong there not sure! ... btw did you have a look at the Crash log ??

good luck! Cheesy

Sancho!

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2005, 08:47:27 pm »

Well, for one, there is no crash log. When it installs, it appears as an icon, it has no folder of files which I can see. I'd have to dig around a bit to find all the other stuff, ie..caches prefs, etc...Im an OSX n00blet so that does'nt help much, but I'll try again... Huh
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2005, 10:43:26 pm »

Thats a package (right click on it and select "view package" if you want to see the game files etc)  ... quickest way is probably just to do a quick search for anything on your HD under "first to fight" etc - its unlikely to have anything scattered around other than a Preferences file (which you can find in  Libary/Preferences/   or   user/libary/preferences.

Sancho!

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2005, 11:17:27 pm »

Ahh, a package....

K, well I deleted everything once again, installed in the users>app folder like Sheix suggested...and same problem. Repaired permisions...did everything I could think of and yet it STILL WONT FUCKIN LAUNCH!!

POS is all I have to say...mb I'll get that xbox version afterall...hehe Wink

Well, any of you future ideas for tonight would be great, I'll be calling their tech support tomorrow at 10:00am to hopefully get this straightened out.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 12:07:22 am »

Sounds like complete Crap Sad  well let us know how they fix it for ya Cheesy

Sancho!

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2005, 12:23:22 am »

Will do..........

Sancho!

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2005, 05:47:56 pm »

Just off the phone with their tech support. They had me go into the terminal and do a bunch of stuff, even taking the .Store off the back of my cdkey so it would'nt prompt me for it...but it still did.

Anyways, as of right now they are stumped...they took my phone number and will call me when they get it fixed, which hopefully is today.

Kilz
Toxic::Arch

Super Freak

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2005, 06:08:08 pm »

If you did the 10.3.9 system update that might be the problem.

Saw this on the IMG forum...
Attention everyone, it seems like some people are having problems running the game under MAC OS X 10.3.9... I read that on the official forum.
Could anyone here confirm that?

Although it seems weird that it would cause problems installing it...

[12:32 PM] Toxic::Joka: ok so riddle me this riddler.. . if you have two cows that weigh 78kg.. . how much butter do you need to make them both slippery?
-18-6-04

====> www.toxic-clan.net/forum/ <====
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads