*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:20:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  an IT Mappack made for public download?!?!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: an IT Mappack made for public download?!?!  (Read 1583 times)
Anonymous
« on: October 01, 2004, 11:11:43 pm »

http://www.remyg.com/p/RemyMods.html

I didn't think it was legal to make Island Thunder maps available for free download, let alone make a seperate mappack with content from IT.

I'm sure RSE wouldn't be to happy about that.

I see servers on gameranger all the time promoting "RemyMods", so I gather these maps have been downloaded and distributed illegally several times.

just thought I would get the word out.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 02:10:59 am »

Why dont you try reading first before you start pointing fingers nub....Click me Nub

Now that link that you posted is in no way related to the *DAMN website in any way shape or form.

carry on,
voodoo
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 02:12:31 am by .vooDoo. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 02:46:02 am »

and where on that page does it say people can pass an Island Thunder mappack around for public consumption?

First of all, I know how to convert it!  I bought the PC version and did it over a year ago. Key words, I BOUGHT!!!!

Second of all, I didn't say the link was DAMN related, allthough on the RemyMods website says.... (All these Maps are on Damn and are the property of               their authors).  I just thought i would let the DAMN community know that there name is being used in a misleading way on this RemyMods page.

Im not tryin to put blame on anyone at DAMN, just tryin ' to school the real n00b, which is this Remy guy, who shouldnt be passing out content that isn't legal.   I was made aware that passing out links for download of Island Thunder unacceptable, and I also know people who recieved a ban on GameRanger for the very same reason.

now u can, carry on.

BTW - only n00bs use the word nub.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 09:58:54 am »

wel.. at least voods has the guts to post under his own sn... you noob

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 12:49:31 pm »

Why is everyone avoiding my question?  Again, I am not tryin to point fingers.

Is it or is it not legal to post content for IT to download?   I was told and am under the impression it wasn't legal.

I feel as if i am repeating myself everytime I post, people taking cheap shots and avoiding the real question because I am not a "DAMN regular".  Ooooo.  Does one have to be a regular to bring up a valid question?

I dont have a regular sn on DAMN......  I am not a regular here (and why would I want to be if I had to deal with trolls like you people regularly).  Why don't you add something to the subject other than how "n00b" i am. Oh wait you must not have any real thought, because all you can attack me with is geek names.

Now please reply with something relevant to the topic.

Are Island Thunder Mappacks allowed for public download?
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 10:05:09 pm »

First of all I would like to say that new comers are always welcome to these forums. Second, Regulars dont have any more say then guests.

To answer your question...I would assume, it is illegal to download IT content(unless you purchased the pc version and converted it yourself). So if you are so vigilant, why dont you take it to the source and complain on there forums about there illegal downloads and not cause problems here. I still dont understand why you came to these forums to complain about another websites content.

voods
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 10:27:59 pm by .vooDoo. » Logged

Adult Gamers Alliance
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 10:48:48 pm »

I still dont understand why you came to these forums to complain about another websites content.

I posted the reason why.........

Second of all, I didn't say the link was DAMN related, allthough on the RemyMods website says.... (All these Maps are on Damn and are the property of their authors).  I just thought i would let the DAMN community know that there name is being used in a misleading way on this RemyMods page.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 03:41:48 am »

Maybe you could have explained yourself a little better and I would have understood. After a little looking around on my part I noticed that the Island Thunder maps were playable without the Island Thunder expansion pack. Mauti has been notified by me and Im sure he did not know these maps were playable with out it. If the maps were only playable with the IT pack then it would be totally legal.

voods

Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 03:58:30 pm »

First, I think the text at the bottom of the page was already written their before this website has put up the new IT maps for download on 16.9.2004. So I think he is just refering to the other maps below which are all hosted on *DAMN, but you don't find any maps from IT on *DAMN as they have been posted on their website.

Yes you are right anonymous that it is illegal to post them, at least for the moment. A small group is trying to get the rights to offer single maps for download.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads