*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:36:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Best gaming mouse & Netfone...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best gaming mouse & Netfone...  (Read 2473 times)
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« on: July 08, 2003, 12:48:35 pm »

Here we go again, Im sure this is an old topic...but what is the best gaming mouse or what mouse have you guys found to be the best in yours many years of expert mac gaming. Im pretty sure it's some kind of logitech, but can you program a two button mouse with scroll wheels?

And to netfone users, is their a external mic you can buy that can just plug into the usb jack on the left side of the keyboard?
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 02:14:23 pm »

For me, I've used a Kensington Turbo Mouse for approaching a decade now. It's a bigass trackball, and I love it. : )

There are hundreds of models of USB mics. Hit Amazon, and you'll be able to find a good one for under $20 (very likely under $10). I'm using a Labtec desktop boom mike that works like a charm. One thing that's a good feature to look for is an on/off or mute switch on the mike. It's very handy when you're in a game and therefore can't get to the "stop recording" button in NetFone, and you need to talk to someone or take a phone call or whatever.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
BTs_Nova

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 04:15:15 am »

Here we go again, Im sure this is an old topic...but what is the best gaming mouse or what mouse have you guys found to be the best in yours many years of expert mac gaming. Im pretty sure it's some kind of logitech, but can you program a two button mouse with scroll wheels?

And to netfone users, is their a external mic you can buy that can just plug into the usb jack on the left side of the keyboard?

i already wrote this in meatwaggons thread, but ill do it again  Wink

i have a "Logitech cordless mouseman optical" and os 10.2.6
if u dont use the USB Overdrive shareware, then u can use (or i can) only 2 of their 4 buttons....
the wheel is supported by ghr, no problem here....
to use all 4 buttons (left, right button, wheel click, and 4th button) i had to install usb overdrive and create a special setting for it and set the 4th button to behave like pressing the "return" key (team msg), or the wheel click to "options" key to few the minimap

usb overdrive is great!!!! u can even speed up ure mouse by changing the dpi of its sensor...
u can set ure mouse to move twice as fast as the fastest option is in the mouse panel or Logitech Controle Center options panel....

then the usb mic:
i got the labtec 710....i hope its the right model number :unsure:
plug in, and go!
i like it!! its a headset, and mono. no need for stereo

have fun with this informations

Nova  Smiley

BattleTekSquad:
Winners of Season 4 Team Ghost Recon Ladder
Winners of Season 5 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
Winners of Season 6 Siege and CQB Ghost Recon Ladders
to be continued...
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 10:50:50 am »

A optical mouse and a mouse pad with very strong contrasts eg. black text on white back ground is NOT a good idea.

I got a apple pro mouse and it keeps jumping all the sudden cause of teh mouse pad, so all the sudden i can find myself aiming at the sky  Grin

So when getting a mouse pad get a solid color.

The mic...I just use the built in mic on the imac, no one has complained so i suppose it works fine. Wont help you much though  Wink

Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 05:18:12 pm »

Actually I have had problems with the Apple pro mouse when they comes to jumping.  the Apple pro mouse was never really a good idea when it came to gaming.  As for the multi-colored or solid mouse pad I am not sure about that either.  I have an Apple round pad that is multi-color and I have never had a problem with it personally.  I use a logitech corded optical 3 button mouse and I have never had a problem with the mouse ever.  The cord is sometimes annoying when it comes to getting in the way, but as for the optical part I have never had a problem.  Logitech has really made progress when it comes to their single optical beam mouses not skipping.  But Logitech also recently came out with the dual optical that is supposed to be even better, that can be bought at Walmart for about 20 bucks.  It looks the same but the optical precision when it comes to fast movements is quite impressive.  Anyway, if you must get a new mouse for gaming then the dual optical Logitech is the way to go, especially for the price.

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Lupus

Wuff!

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 06:04:31 pm »

For my money the question has more to do with available Mac software drivers than the hardware. I like to be able to program my mouse to perform differently in different applications/games. I like to be able to program each key, button schrool wheel etc. seperately. I like to have control of my pointing devices speed, preferably with the ability to control rate of speed seperatly when the device is moving fast versus slow. The last time I checked Logitechs driver is a combo Mouse & keyboard driver & causes problems if any other manufacturers drivers are installed. The software with the Logitech pointing devices just does not have the features I am looking for. Microsofts software has some nice features but my favorite is Kensingtons.

I finally shelled out the $ for a Kensington Expert Mouse (the PC version & Mac version are about the same according to Kensington). Kensington has a brand new Optical Trackball and other pointing devices out now that are pretty slick and you just can't beat their software IMHO.

Nostromo (by Belkin) came out with a driver that works under OSX. You can now have an off hand keypad with scrool wheel, thumb directional pad and a bunch of keys, all programable by application in addition to your keyboard and pointing device. I have had not conflicts between the Nostromo driver and other pointer, keyboard drivers. The Nostromo software installs as a regular application.

Good luck and good pointing!                                                                                
jeb-unlogged in
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 11:01:38 pm »

i use a logitech dual optical mouseman or something like that, its got two optical sensors, and doesn't skip ever. The only problem is the cord.
And i also use a nostromo speedpad, which makes gaming bliss. All the keys are exactly where they should be, and it takes the stress of the normal keyboard. What ends up happening, is that you won't miss keys, or have to look for a key because its so ergonomic. Combine that with a mouse with 3 buttons and a scrollwheel, and its ownage.
dumbass
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 06:53:24 pm »

i have a mousepad that looks like a persian rug or whatever and ive never seen problems
smoke.aHa!

I'ma take your llama!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 09:44:22 pm »

uhh logitech 3 button mouse with scrool, ionly had  2 buttons programed, now i programed them all, uhh left click = fire, scroll click = change gun, scroll = zoom, right click = reload. wewt

-SL- Swiftkill
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2003, 06:41:14 pm »

I reccomend the Kensington Studio Mouse.  The scroll wheel isnt really a scroll wheel, but a sensor where you run your finger over it.  It makes much easier to zoom in and out fast.  Also, I play alot of ghr and i have worn away the surface of my desk from playing too much, and even with that it still rarely skips.  When I buy a mousepad it should be perfect.  Also the studio mouse (now available in wireless) can be programmed so that the buttons can have different functions for every program (made specifically for mac....duh!).
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2003, 12:39:45 am »

shitty microsoft mouse that keeps dying when im playing!
omg!!!!!
keep having 2 tab out of games and find my pointer bah
nm

joka, Im complaining about ur mic. 2 dam sensetive, we all hear u typing all the time!! or is it just ur real heavy on the keys!! mb

my mic is the shitty onr that came with the mac, but its fine.
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2003, 01:54:24 pm »

(no this aint me, just some pic i found on the internet)

But...this is pretty much how it could look when i play. And the imac has the mic on the lower part of the screen....wich again is pretty close to the keyboard when its bent forward. I would use the stop/start recording button but all my fingers are occupied when playing... Sad

Short....get used to it coke Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads