*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:08:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Best GHR map
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best GHR map  (Read 2812 times)
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« on: November 26, 2002, 09:55:43 am »

What do you think is the best map in ghr?
Right now i like Farm day (i'm right at home on that map  Wink) simply because its a nice spread out map with good variations of terrain and trees and such. And the map doesn't boil down to a few lame choke points. Suprizingly the Training map has turned out to be fun, and its a good reason to use a mp5 again.

I also like village, but that has a major spawn camping problem.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 07:47:22 pm »

I'd have to go with Stronghold, I had lots of fun playing 6 player LAN there, 3v3.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 10:09:29 pm »

i like airbase. i found a nice spot to squat down and pick off people who like to charge out into the fray over the tarmac.

it's a good map for sniper duels but many ppl seem to hate it

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Night Hawk

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 01:21:39 am »

Castle, i lvoe that place, ever since ghrd

"I believe its my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight,Cause it never gets dull,it never gets old,The only thing it gets is more bold,Drinkin,fightin, going to the game,In our world it's a way to stay sane,If ur asking me to have it my way,Id say thats one fine day"
Flame

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 01:26:56 am »

I like stronghold too, all around game, and I also like docks, but only for ffa.
SiX.cybershark
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 01:29:15 am »

hmm best map eh thats a toughy... Definately Mint,  or Biodome / Dam

-Cyber-
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2002, 01:20:31 am »

Their not talking about R6 cyber you noob Wink

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2002, 02:24:40 am »

Embassy/Bank is a good map *hint* you can hide behind the guardrails and pick retards off

Besides the point..do any of you on GR get enough people on one server to get a really tight game of siege going?

Modified: Jeb, you only use the MP5 for the map sensors, lol. They key to training maze is to have one guy have sensors and lay them down while everyone else has rifle and support kits to wreck the opposing team.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2002, 02:26:56 am by PsYcO aSsAsSiN » Logged

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 07:20:12 am »

I'm With Night Hawk, I Love Castle!

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2002, 01:40:33 pm »

Speaking of sensors, that reminds me. Do they work like SAHBS from RS? That's what I'm assuming, but whenever I've placed them, nobody goes near them. Heh. Also, do the sensors disappear when the person who placed them dies? I'm also curious about the Claymores. Are they proximity mines, or remote-detonation (like RS's C4) mines?

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
jn.loudnotes
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2003, 08:54:04 pm »

I haven't played all the maps yet, so I like pretty much all of them  Cheesy

And loth, if you'd paid attention in the training map, you would have learned that claymores are just like c4.  Don't know about the sensors though.

And Psycho, I know what you mean.  I don't understand why people start lame small games of GhR in GR.  It seems like there's always 6-8 game rooms open with only 4 or 5 people in them.  It's annoying. . .people should combine into nice big games and have fun.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Mr. Lothario
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Suck mah nuts.

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2003, 02:37:43 pm »

In the case of Ghost Recon, I just went balls-out and charged straight into multiplayer. I've never played single-player. At all. So take your feelthy training and stuff it in your nose! Hrmph.

None of the maps really stand out for me. There's not a single balanced map for Siege. In virtually every base location in virtually every map, the defenders have an insurmountable advantage, and in the few others, the defenders have to look every way at once and can't defend worth beans. In any sniper-friendly map, which is most of them, Last Man Standing isn't real fun, since Ghost Recon really enjoys spawning you two feet away from where you were standing when a sniper violently expanded your sinus cavities. I do have fun in Red Square, though, since I get to plink the heads of people who are hunched over behind walls. Then I chuckle. Evilly.

"How is the world ruled and how do wars start? Diplomats tell lies to journalists and then believe what they read." - 19th-century Austrian press critic Karl Kraus

Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'". -- Schlock Mercenary
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2003, 03:47:39 am »

Stronghold, definitely. Gives a little RS back to the game. It may be the CSL of GhR, I think. Small (ghr standards) and fast games with a pretty even layout.

"Raped with class."
[deific]-[divine, godlike]
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2003, 06:10:58 am »

Acctually, Embassy is the csl of ghr. I would have to say that River small is my favorite map. Its a small fast paced map for high kill scoring. 33 kills, my high on 15 minute game.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
M. Jeanrie
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2003, 04:24:51 pm »

I'd have to say my favorite is Creekbed... Keep em coming and keep em dying... I love the fast action involved in that map.

I also like Farm Day, the big problem with it however is when playing Siege and the defender gets the area around the crahsed jet. It is far to easy to sneak a sniper into the bushes along the East side of the field and totally whipe out the defending team spawn after spawn.  That's my favorite tactic anyway, several times I've snuck a sniper into there and wrecked havoc.

TTFN, Michel
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2003, 04:59:17 pm »

My favorite would definently have to be Vilnus and Battlefield. I love the street fights there and all small little alley ways. I truley enjoy going behind a car and poping people going through that little medieval gate thing. I like Battlefield because it is like chess. Its all about that angles man! Push really hard, really fast, and eventually seige the other teams mountain. I also enjoy embassy because I have a few sniper spots I love to take advantage of.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
<FBI>"Sixhits"
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2003, 12:03:41 am »

Speaking of sensors, that reminds me. Do they work like SAHBS from RS? That's what I'm assuming, but whenever I've placed them, nobody goes near them. Heh. Also, do the sensors disappear when the person who placed them dies? I'm also curious about the Claymores. Are they proximity mines, or remote-detonation (like RS's C4) mines?

Hey Loth -

As I LOVE the peashooters ... erh, MP5SD in GhR I have much experience with sensors, and a bit with claymores.

Sensors work until the dude who placed them dies. Thus, if you're palying Siege, place sensors at chokepoints, then withdraw. If you are attacking, use them to "peak" corners. Pretty useful, esp on embassy.

As for claymores, these too can be useful - but only JUST marginally. i've used them exactly once to great success. Again, on Embassy - place a mine in the walkways, so that the min faces down a coridor, but you can hid around the corner. Then, listen and use the map to "hear" incoming baddies. Then go boom. Most of the time, tho, mines are a waste.

six
<FBI>"Sixhits"
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2003, 12:07:55 am »

Oh yah - Ghost Town and MPDocks - loooooove docks. I once got 60+ kills there with the lil ANS demo and extra ammo. Unlimited respawns and 15 = 6's glory on the docks...

six
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2003, 10:32:09 am »

Besides the point..do any of you on GR get enough people on one server to get a really tight game of siege going?

We regularly have 30-35 people on my dedicated server. Those games are insane.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads