*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:45:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MOH Dedicated Server and Airport at the Airport  (Read 1054 times)
Grifter
God bless the freaks

Detroit, where the weak are killed and eaten

« on: July 11, 2002, 08:16:08 pm »

Ok guys, first, this is the coolest thing....

I am at Metro Airport right now... waiting on a plane.  How am I posting here you may ask....  well, I have my iBook with me of course.  

Nothing too cool so far... except that Metro Airport (more specifically the NWA World Club Lounge (gotta love what all those frequent flyer miles does for you), has a public AIRPORT connection.  That's right... I'm using the NWA network via my airport card while I'm at the Airport.  How cool is that?

Yeah... well... I think it's pretty damn cool.  Now, if only the Starbucks by my house would do it like some out on the west coast are....

Anyway.. on to the meet of my post.

While I'm out of town, I've left my Dual 1GHz G4 up and running as a dedicated MOH:AA server.  Give it a try.  

The idea is to check to see if it runs better on a dedicated server.  Many of you have played on this machine when I've hosted on GR... so if there's a difference, you should be able to tell.

The port is open in the firewall and the address is

It may also show up on GameSpy as MacClans OSX Server.

Let me know how it does.  

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"...to the last, I grapple with thee; from Hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2002, 10:57:46 pm »

Yeah, I got an Airport at the Seattle Airport. Good work finding one.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1029654000 » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads