*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 08:49:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Ventrilo Beta for OSX released
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ventrilo Beta for OSX released  (Read 4599 times)
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 03:38:54 am »

I'm very confident about TS3 coming to all three platforms at the same time, there's been good discussions in their forums when TeamSpeex got released. One of the developers even replied several times in a thread about it over at Games4Mac.de and therefore I'm pretty sure that they aren't just making empty promises.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2006, 10:12:37 pm »

No Ethion, that's not native, that's common sense, and if there was one shortfall thus far in Ventrilo development it has been the lack of common sense in Flagship ignoring anyone's offerings of help. I just can't believe this 'Flagship' fellow would constantly and continually make story after story about why development has been delayed. Weren't the original plans for both TS and Vent to release with next major release a Mac client?
OH PLEASE DEAR MYSTERIO GOD, PLEASE TELL US ABOUT WHAT NATIVE IS THEN. And what common sense? Use a progamming language that is slow on most computers? That doesn't follow the Apple GUI guide lines?

Even though you can make a exception for this app, it has been under development for ages.

And i know I was bit far off, but no frickin app running anything else than cocoa obj-c or what not doesn't run smooth. Which in this instance is Ventrilo, aMSN, Azereus and other apps out there.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2006, 11:35:23 pm »

It's almost funny to think of Apple having GUI standards in OSX. However, I do know what you mean, there was a simple misuse of the original word. Azerurs, however, is the best bittorent client on mac in terms of options and what not.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Civrock

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 01:27:35 am »

It's the best in case of features etc... but in case of usability and general stability it SUCKS. Whoever had the idea to start developing non-browser applications in Java should be slapped on the head.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 01:09:10 pm »

Well you can use it on all OSs while developing on just one OS - that's the big plus of Java, further it is the best documented API you can find out there and is a breathe to use for most things.

Almost all our university projects are done with Java, and I ike it.

Unfortunaly it doesn't offer a slick UI Editor like the Interface Builder, actually Visual Editor for Eclipse is horrible to use, especially in terms of speed and responseness, and the Java Media Framework is EOL(we had to develop a video player with a realtime editable video effect this semester using JMF).

However the OS independency, the OOP thought behind it, and the excellent documentation make it a strong programming language that becomes better and better with every release.

Of course other languages offer other strengths and with the time I gonna try out to mak applications with  Objective-C /Cocoa as well so I can compare them better, but Java as it is is a good thing, also to create  stand-alone applications.

bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Ethion
Forum Whore

2x1.8 G5 at your service

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2006, 03:27:12 pm »

Well you can use it on all OSs while developing on just one OS - that's the big plus of Java, further it is the best documented API you can find out there and is a breathe to use for most things.

You can do the same thing with (real)basic, and still get a better UI than Java.
Although basic is more simple, and doesn't offer the same programming features than Java, or anything else.

Mauti
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 08:28:38 pm by Ethion » Logged

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2006, 08:02:56 pm »

Productive post.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads