*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 11:45:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN
| | |-+  Suggestions, opinions, criticisms,.. (Moderators: *DAMN Mauti, jn.loudnotes, BFG, Civrock)
| | | |-+  a mod only area?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a mod only area?  (Read 4178 times)
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

Respect: The most important thing you'll ever earn

« on: November 04, 2002, 06:56:42 am »

i was reading through one of the threads in the gg and i saw that typhy mad the following comment(edidted to the relevant part)

The "Ban list" is an official thread, most forums have them, although normaly they are located in a moderators only section.

why not make a mod only section, or is black ops supposed to fill that role?

i'd say that a place where it is just moderators would be a good idea, that way new mods would be able to quickly learn what was and wasn't spam, and how to be a better mod(i know that i'm still a little wet behind the ears, and wouldnt mind the chance to get better at being a mod)

just a thought
-Brain

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 08:16:44 am »

Yeah, this would be helpful for the GG mods. I know the BL admins already have their own area. It would make things easier sometimes if I were able to leave open messages for the other mods.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
SK(fool school)
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 04:25:55 pm »

Thats a very good idea i want to learn how to be a better moderator and how to help out more
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 08:22:21 pm »

The ban list is more for showing the warnings each user has...only in the cases of SK and Rapid has it been used as a ban list. Most of the time, private messages of warnings wouldn't work because many people don't check their forum PM's.

SK, this is for GG mods, not you since it deals with stuff in the GG.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 11:38:07 pm »

well poo mb we could creat an moderator only forums

all moderators can look at it (evan us small moderators)

and learn from the GG mods and have debats  =)

-SK

Qotes of the week!
?TF6*Kilzo!: I just watched sk own him, and typhy gave up
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2002, 06:00:04 am »

Somthing like this would be an exellent idea. I'd sugest it for the Battle League and the GG. Genraly, just a place to talk about members, give ideas and advice to the other moderators etc. I was actually very supprised when I found out that these boards didn't have a moderators section.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 04:06:29 am »

umm typhy this really doesnt Concern you! hehe.

all moderators can look at it (evan us small moderators)
Smiley Yeah Smiley
Well i think it should inculde all moderates Smiley

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2002, 07:37:10 am »

Casper, without trying to sound rude or anything, the reason that certian people who will remained ( Think a certian Alaskan who is a moderator in the mods section and a certian *DAMN member who is a moderator at the *DAMN section ) are only there because Mauti is trying to make you guys happy, its not because of your skill. And this does concern me since I am a member of this forum, and a moderator at different boards, so yes, my sugestions do have a place here.

The reason that I don't think that it should be for moderators of the smaller board is because generaly it isn't suppose to be a place for arguments or anything like that, its suppose to be a place for moderators to talk about members who are pushing the bounderies, give tips/advice etc. I think that the more people you get in there, the more complicated it gets, and on these small boards, it always pretty obvious what to do.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2002, 08:36:06 am by Typhy T » Logged

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2002, 08:39:09 pm »

well, in light of recent events in the gg, ace and i would like to see atleast a gg mod only section.
 if mauti wants to create another mod only secton, that's fine

"Engineering is the art of modeling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyze, so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance."  Dr. A. R. Dykes -1976
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2002, 09:04:26 pm »

Yeah, like I said up top, it should be a GG mod section only. It probably should be patterned after the one that is set up for the BL admins.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

I'm tired of being creative.

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2002, 10:20:29 pm »

Actually, I think the GG mods can communicate easily enough as it is.  What's really needed is a forum on moderating.

This way, people can post suggestions, ask questions, etc etc of the moderators.  Moderators, when they delete threads and such, could post a note there.  Redirections topics could be placed there too.

Also, it would make a good place for the warn/ban list.

All that said, I think it's a good idea, and I'd be happy to moderate such a forum if you create it, Mauti.

< insert clever and original signature here >
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2002, 11:33:27 pm »

if we do create a gg only forum, i think it should be called the inner square, then we would could deny that there was an inner circle Grin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2002, 11:42:41 pm by Brain » Logged

*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2002, 11:59:13 pm »

i know it sounds like i just want to be included but i think it should be all moderators evan the smaller ones

the gg mods are the best moderators, and us littler ones are not as good and i think we could use tip and stuff like that

-SK

Qotes of the week!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2002, 07:55:13 am »

this doesnt have to be mutually exclusive
if mauti wants he could probably put up 2 new boards, one for gg, one for all

*DAMN Silent Killer
*DAMN
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2002, 09:06:38 pm »

yah that would b cool brain but i know that the gg one would b more active and the other one would be totaly untalked in so why not  just make one so all can be included?

-sk
« Last Edit: November 08, 2002, 09:53:37 pm by *DAMN Bondo.fwu » Logged

Qotes of the week!
Brain
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2002, 09:30:07 pm »

what if we needed to discuss  say...  loudnotes uncouth and uncivilized behavior on the forums? i know i wouldnt like to have him looking in on the discussion(not picking on you loud, i just picked a name off the top of my head

jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2002, 10:15:29 pm »

My main concern is that my behavior always being impeccable, I sometimes find fault with some of the GG mods.  Thus I would like to have voice in discussing their uncouth and uncivilized behavior.

Grin

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2002, 06:00:00 pm »

Thanks for your suggestions. Finally I found the time to realize them. I have created a GG mod area like the one for the Battle League. You can also see this area but you aren't supposed to post there!

LoudNotes you are onboard as GG mod.

Bye,

Mauti
p.s.: if some of you have problems to access the admin zone or the Black Ops part contact me.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
jn.loudnotes
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2002, 05:03:28 am »

Yay people listen to me  Grin

Thanks Mauti. . .hopefully we won't have too much more banning/warning trouble and there won't be any work to do.

And yeah I noticed the BL admin forum. . .but I never post in the regular BL forum anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads