*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:19:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Burning CDs x80
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Burning CDs x80  (Read 1738 times)
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« on: December 14, 2005, 12:35:18 am »

as a school teacher who also teaches in spanish to english students I often make CDs of lessons for my students to review or for parents to use at home.

I record the lesson via my iPod and an iTalk adapter and it transfers over seamlessly on my Mac.

Anyway... then comes the tedious part.... burning copies for 20, 40 or even 80 students.

I usually set up my PowerBook and iMac to burn together.  My iMac is a bit faster than my PowerBook.

My question is which app is faster?  Or how can I optimize this process?  iTunes burned this CD i just made in 5:28 seconds, while Toast Titanium cranked them out in 2:58 seconds...Yes real, time not the bullshit it displays.  I now use Toast and enter the number of copies I want and proceed to spend 2-3 hours taking CDs out and feeding CDs in.

What a waste.

Anyway.... any practical ideas or timesavers?

Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 02:37:58 am »

Look on Google for "CD Duplicator" or "DVD Duplicator", if you copy DVDs, too. They're not really cheap, but if you do it very often it's really worth the money and the time you'd save. There's no real other way to burn CDs faster... except having a fast burner and CD-Rs which support the highest speed the burner can offer. You'd still have to change the CD-Rs after every burn yourself, though. So yeah, look for a "CD Duplicator".

Foe example: http://www.octave.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi/choice/CD%20DVD%20Duplicators

I don't know about Mac support and if Toast supports multiple burning at the same time (although I think that the CD Duplicator does it automatically, while you actually only have to burn one yourself, not sure, though), but most have Firewire and/or USB 2.0 at least.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 02:42:50 am by Civic » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
th.Sentinel

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 10:19:28 am »

We had a similar problem at work, we also needed to copy large amounts of cd's with press-photos.
We bought a small cd-duplicator with one master and one slave slot.
The only thing you need to do is put your original cd in the master and put in the number of copies you want. The machine automatically drops a blank cd in the slave drive and drops it when its done.
It was about the same as this one.
Very easy to use and not to expensive.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
bronto
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 05:43:01 pm »

you could send it to a duplicating/replicating service and just order the amount of copies you need. it'd be like a dollar for each copy though, eventually you might have even wasted enough to get your own duplicator.

sentinal i just want you to know that every time i see your post i spend about 10 minutes trying to click the links on top of those damn tanks...i have yet to succeed.
bloodanguts

Blood for the Blood God!

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 07:01:10 pm »

hah, I clicked the link!  Of course I cheated and used right-click, but I got it!
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 07:07:12 pm »

You have to get going at the same velocity of the tanks and then you can click Wink.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads