*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 04:49:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip
| | |-+  Tech Talk (Moderators: *DAMN Hazard, Civrock, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | | |-+  Canon Digital Cameras...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Canon Digital Cameras...  (Read 2457 times)
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« on: September 26, 2005, 08:16:33 pm »

Does anyone here have knowledge about Canon Digital Cameras?  I'm looking for user-information mainly on their Digital SLR line (I just bought a Canon EOS 20D).

Thanks,

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 08:45:02 pm »

I have some kind of Canon camera. I'm not sure which one it is because it is currently at my mom's school. How much is your camera priced at?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 09:47:42 pm »

How much is your camera priced at?

Well, the basic EOS 20D body is about $1,500.  If you add in the lenses, extra lithium batteries, 4GB Extreme III CompactFlash Card, case, tripod, filters, etc...I spent about $3,000.  Mind you, the EF-S Image Stabilizing USM Lenses run about $500 each.  The EOS 20D is basically a step up from the Canon Digital Rebel XT that you normally see in Wal-Mart and at the Apple Store (the Rebel XT runs about $1,000).

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

cO.libre

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 02:44:09 am »

i am a professional photographer and i have many different cameras.

in terms of SLR's and Cannon i use the Cannon 1DS MarkII for sports photography. i think that this camera is a little bit over the top being that you are looking at a 20D and that it is priced at almost $7,500 for the body, but this is besides the point ..

(1DS MarkII)

If you are looking for overall user experience with the Cannon SLR line .. overall, i am very impressed with what Cannon has done with their digital SLR line. all of the buttons, knobs, etc are very easily accesable and very easy to figure out. the image quality is amazing once you learn the different features that you can use with the camera (white balance, image quality, etc.). pretty much Cannon is love. you will be constantly finding new things about your camera everytime you go out and use it.

to get to the point, you will be very satisfied with Cannon. i'm sure you looked into the Nikon D70 when you were comparing DSLR's. one word of advice, don't even think twice about your 20D. if you are planning on sticking with digital photography Cannon is most definently the leader of the pack.

great purchase, and i hope you enjoy  clapping hands

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
th.Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 10:26:27 am »

Great purchase! I got the Canon 300D (which is allrdy 2yrs old). If my 300D stops working, i'm going for the 20D aswell. I read some great reviews of it.

But why did you buy a 4GB CF card?? If you lose that one card, you lose all your photos.
I bought 2 x 256Mb two years ago + the extra 128Mb that came with the camera.
I can shoot around 180 High res pics with it.

When I bought the camera the salesman pointed that out for me. If you brake one card, say on holiday, you still have extras to take at least a few photos.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 01:46:23 pm »

I also used a the 300D a while back for a foto shooting(the never released *DAMN calendar 2005) and it was very nice to use! However a 1Gigabyte card was more than enough shooting approximatley 700pics as 6MegaPixel jpegs.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 01:53:07 pm »

I got the Canon Powershot Pro. It’s very nice. Check it out here http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonpro1/

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2005, 03:55:34 pm »

But why did you buy a 4GB CF card?? If you lose that one card, you lose all your photos.
I bought 2 x 256Mb two years ago + the extra 128Mb that came with the camera.
I can shoot around 180 High res pics with it.

Well, I've never ever had a Sandisk flash card go bad on me...and I've been using them for years and years.  Sandisk actually invented the CompactFlash Card.  I do have data recovery software for the card if anything were to happen to it, and because I bought a Sandisk Extreme III Card (133x Speed), I get special tech support for it through Sandisk (they make the Extreme III for professional use).  Plus it has a lifetime warranty.  The list goes on and on.  Needless to say, I'm not too worried about the card going bad (I never leave it to get hot out in the car, or drop it, etc).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads