*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:52:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Proposal for upgrading the Team ladders to the FattenYourSheep System midseason  (Read 10824 times)
Po)| Murdurah

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2005, 09:51:11 am »

I appreciate your more general point Gabe, but your insinuation that our decision is based on losing some rankings is pretty needless and "assholic" if you forgive the term.

In what other event would you change the rules midseason? The reason for not doing it is self evident.

It's too much tinkering, hell I liked it better before the betting, when the two teams relative ranking determined your score - isn't that basically what you're trying to create here? Why is there so much trouble going to regulate this betting system - I mean you're just telling people how much to bet.

Don't get me wrong, the sheep were a cool idea, but for me personally the betting isn't that fun, its kind of a drag to hash it out, another delay in inevitably delayed cb's. Just want to play, and have a simple fair ladder.

Murd.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2005, 12:02:37 pm »

Good morning,

I gonna contact now again all clans that haven't voted yet to close this proposal and so that everyone can go ahead. I prefered to see the action going on in GameRanger not in the Forum  Wink

Vote is gonna be closed at 11:00pm CET.

Bye,

Mauti
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 01:03:21 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 04:33:37 pm »

b... there is a saying that goes "Keep it simple stupid"

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
=DTC= minimal

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2005, 04:36:32 pm »

(A) - Yes I and my clan agree with the upgrade midseason
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2005, 07:08:36 pm »

just to support de league but i'm still confused, i'll take more time to get it right

but do as u like
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2005, 07:40:17 pm »

I would not like to see a clan that does not play in my ladder affect what happens in it and viceversa!

So clans that are registered for RVS and GR but only play in one particular ladder, their votes should count toward that ladder and not "In General".

Please, count the votes of clans that play the RVS ladder separate from those that play the Ghost Recon ladder..... for examle: Po)| is registered for both ladders but only plays the Ghost Recon ladder, so our vote should only affect that ladder and not the RvS one....

This is out of Respect and Responsibility for others ! Keep voting separate.

On the other hand, this is one of those cases where a simple majority should not be enough to make an ammendment to out Constitution.... For an ammendment, it should be at least a 2/3 majority... That's how it is in life, and how it should be here.

You're trying to sell the idea that a change in the system midseason is fair.... well, it isn't. We all agreed to play by ceratin rules, and even you Mauti have said it.. there has been so much more CB action since the beggining of the season... People are actually having FUN ! Isn't that what this was about? And it's been fair, because we are all playing by the rules laid out! So don't go killing the season by imposing this rule to more than 30-45 % of the clans which are actually keeping this League alive, because you may unwillingly be Killing it! - I guarantee that if this rule goes through, the CB numbers will decrease dramatically... you watch!   

Regardless, Po)| will play... we fear not the Fat system, we just think it comes at the wrong time... Save it for Season 11....

If you want to really make this league fair: Then have a system that matches each clan with the other clans a certain minimum amount of times per season (period). - Also, solve the issue about unfair hosting - when Euro clans compete vs. American clans - and everyone complaints about Lag issues.. Split hosting has been the closest thing to making it fair in this case; but I have heard that there are "servers" out there that are actually very good to host this type of Cbs.. like GhostSnipers... where no one lags that badly... In other words... a Neutral Host in this scenario would make things better for all. What's the use of splitting, when I will lag in your server and you will lag in mine... is that truly fair? The 2 negatives cancel each other out in that case? - These are more important issues to focus on! Why doesn't the league come up with a Neutral Server with awesome power/speed for all to host this transcontinental CBs?

It gets tiring ! Over and out .....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 09:25:38 pm by TiroFino » Logged

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
NiKLoT

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2005, 08:40:33 pm »

hmmm i know its a bit stupid but after thinking about the rule changing i and my clan came to the result that it would be better if u would wait untill next season for the rules changing..

NO
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2005, 08:44:47 pm »

No problem Niklot that's your good right!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
OpS][Thrill
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2005, 08:50:51 pm »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 08:53:11 pm by OpS][Thrill » Logged
Civrock

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2005, 09:24:42 pm »

so the mainreason (probably not even the real reason :-/) of all the (B)-voters is that they dont want rules to change mid-season... oh that's great.

question: what disadvantages does changing to the FyS-System have?

- you could lose ranks if you beat mainly low-ranked clans, especially for many sheep... but is that a real disadvantage? if you say yes... i dont even want to say my opinion about that, not to flame.

question 2: what advantages does changing to the FyS-System have?

- you get awarded more for winning against high-ranked clans.
- your wins are worth more.
- your ladder-rank is worth much more.

what is honestly the reason why this shouldn't be changed "mid-season"?

my problem here is:

the *DBL decided to award the mainseason-winner additionally to the Finals winner from now on... we didn't get to vote on that. we get to vote on if we want to change the system to the much more skill-based FyS-System... which is good.
BUT: what sense does this make? without the FyS-system, winning the mainseason is worthless and getting awarded for it says pretty much nothing about how good you really are! you could simply beat "easy" clans for many sheep all season long and win... nice job!

my point is:

either both or none. either BOTH now or BOTH for season XI.
i'd have no problem with waiting to change the system if there wouldnt be the new additional award for the mainseason-winner. reason: it's meaningless without the FyS-system.

that's why z][t voted for
(A) - Yes I and my clan agree with the upgrade midseason, so that winning the mainseason is not meaning- and worthless.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 09:26:46 pm by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2005, 09:38:50 pm »

Clans are voting B (NO), not because they will lose ranks; we would be the only clan out of all the one's voting No that  falls under that situation. So thats not the reason! I can tell you, we do not care about that!

We are standing up for our rights. Don't go out insult us, just because we are playing by the actual rules that govern us right now at this same minute. I didn't come up with them, but I respect them.

All clans are created equal, and each clan battle should be worth what its worth - That is what our current rules state... the rule doesn't talk about noob clans or elite clans... so now you propose a system that will make that differentiation - great! It would have been great to have known that before hand. That is why to introduce it now it would be unfair...

It's like changing baseball rules to 2 strikes you're out because hitters are getting on base too often... after a season has began and many other pitchers had to sweat it out to throw their 3 strikes... how does that leave them? That's why rules should be set at the beginning , when everyone can prepare and go from there on an equal basis.

Now you're telling me that I wont be able to CB a clan that, even though its elite, has not Cbed all season because they like to wait until later to get started... becaue if I play them under this new rules,  they will affect my FAT cause they are ranked 20th - even though they are great players... cheeezzszzz ! Tell me if thats fair?

Yes, you can find unfairness in both cases.. that's true... but at least everyone knew what to attain to once we started Season 10...... now, it makes it look like this rule is more of a  witch hunt!
Go your way, burn them down !
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 09:51:00 pm by TiroFino » Logged

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2005, 10:27:40 pm »

I think its a lack of understanding and the fear of change. That's what it usually comes down to.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2005, 10:52:15 pm »

So if the system changes...is there a chance *AGT* would move into first place?  (sound of crickets chirping)

I liked the old system...beat a top clan and jump a few spots... gave the bottom feeders incentive to battle the higher up guys.... I would love to see some change to the current system, but a change during the season will just spark controversy. You know someone will cry bloody murder if shit doesn't go thier way after the change.  I'm down for some sort of change to the Ladder, but I think it should wait till Season XI  (coming from a clan who is currently 0-6 on the GhR team ladder).

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Civrock

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2005, 11:01:00 pm »

why wait?! state some reasonable reasons why we should wait until Season XI. in fact, there's nothing against it except the general and, in this case, reason-less "we don't want changes during the season"... which is only a bad excuse, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:06:13 pm by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2005, 11:04:15 pm »

I liked the old system...beat a top clan and jump a few spots... gave the bottom feeders incentive to battle the higher up guys....

YES! Cell knows what he's talking about.

The only reason we would wait is because it goes against everything that we promised not to do...that is...changing shit when seasons are going, and I know the season hasn't been going from long but it doesn't matter.

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2005, 11:06:41 pm »

The season has barely started. Its the first season we have ever used the sheep system. We have no idea how it is going to turn out. I think before we judge the system, we should allow it to run its course over one season.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2005, 11:10:10 pm »

We used the sheep system last season too.

Civrock

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2005, 11:14:40 pm »

I liked the old system...beat a top clan and jump a few spots... gave the bottom feeders incentive to battle the higher up guys....

YES! Cell knows what he's talking about.

that's pretty much exactly what the FyS-System would improve the scoring to. Smiley

The only reason we would wait is because it goes against everything that we promised not to do...that is...changing shit when seasons are going, and I know the season hasn't been going from long but it doesn't matter.

what would it hurt? it's not like a totally new Mappack mid-season that everybody would have to adapt to... that's why the *DBL "promised" not to change something during a season anymore.

though in this case, only the scoring would simply get improved to a more skill-based one (not a total over-haul)... no reason to wait.[/color]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:16:25 pm by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2005, 11:26:25 pm »

why wait?! state some reasonable reasons why we should wait until Season XI. in fact, there's nothing against it except the general and, in this case, reason-less "we don't want changes during the season"... which is only a bad excuse, in my opinion.

Civic,
I have a completely reasonable and valid reason for voting to wait. I don't like the idea.

Just because you don't like/understand the "NO" voters decisions doesn't mean they are unreasonable and "reason-less". Please show some respect.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2005, 11:28:17 pm »

As voting stands right now, it looks like many clans are changing their original vote from yes to NO !

Yes - 7     NO - 9

Keep changing guys ! We still have time.... As for the reasons to change, they are there - just some are too blind to wanna see them !
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:30:04 pm by TiroFino » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads