*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:14:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Minor request from Core  (Read 4094 times)
core.Flies

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 02:41:47 pm »

Update

Its been 2 weeks without any reaction / mail concerning the icons and/or links.

I dont wanna push things if the ppl in question are too busy to give us the stuff needed.
But a little reply from someone would be nice.

Flies
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 02:48:57 pm »

Sure I gonna look for the icons.

About season X icons - I'm not sure: how is it in professional sports like Formula 1, if someone gets disqualified does the sport union keep the pokal and just the points are handed over or both!?

Bye,

Mauti
*Update*: Icons have been sent to you Flies.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 05:51:43 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
core.Flies

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 06:09:59 pm »

Roll Eyes

First of all, thank you for the mail,
including the icons from Season 3 + 5 + 7 + tourney.
All cool.

But.... I dont know why you ask us, or the community, or whoever you ask,
when it comes to the Icons for Season X.

You are the admins - you decide.
We just participated.

I wouldnt in my wildest dreams have thought that there could be the least of discussion on this.
We already discussed this earlier in this topic, so I fear I might be repeating myself.

When I first saw that Core was declared winners, and MP5 was banned for possible ( most likely)
use of cheats during the season, I just gave the OK to Sinister, to finish the lay-out for our new website, with that icon to be included as well.
None of us could find all the icons, so I just promised I would go ask for them, in the hope we got some icons in same format/size.

So - if the *DBL wants to end up with a full season more or less just being kinda vacuumed out of ppls memory because of one clan´s failure to follow basic rules, then by all means do so.
We of course feel its a bit strange to have participated in both open season and finals, and yet just get a feeling that the "hard work" doesnt give us anything else than a shamefull feeling when asking for the results of the verdict made by the admins.

You might wanna rephrase the question to :
" Should we or should we not act like there actually was a Season X ? "

I think there was a Season X.  And I think it would be smart not to let MP5 once again - and this time even "postmortal" - make it all so blurry.

But like said : I just asked for the icons - i didnt ask for miles of discussion.
Wether or not Core ( and C-clan for that matter, in a previous season) should have the icons, is absoultely a question we cant answer for you.

Too biased, sry.
 Wink

Best regards
| ! |  Flies

ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 07:25:45 pm »

lol can i ask for the [tribe] looser icon for season 1 to ....!!! or maybe a participating star

thx mauti

gl & hf
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 07:50:44 pm »

Now when Flies already is asking, and i don't wanna start a new thread about it, i wrote Mauti a pm on the forums without any response. Maybe he forgot to check it - i dunno?

Spike promised some icons for the *DBL Pre-season winner, and a place in the hall of fame?

When will these be sent, i can understand if admins is too busy etc with the new upcoming season, just wanted a clear answer.

z][t-Stripes
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 07:52:41 pm by z][t-Stripes » Logged

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 07:54:56 pm »

In my recolection the pre-season, isnt something thats noted in professional gaming.  I think the hall of fame should be only for season winners, the pre-season wasnt exactly taken seriously by most clans out there.  It was more a time of fun cb's than extreme competition like in the seasons. 

Sure, give em icons, but its a PRE-season right now.  Like in all sports its when the B players play alot and its just a warmup for the regular season.

Dark.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2005, 08:00:52 pm »

LOL

Alright.. Dark, you tell me nobody toke the pre-season serious?

How come we had to end up fighting with Po about the first place, in the last 2 weeks.

it's pathetic of you to say, clans didnt take it that serious, if you would've of say it wasn't as serious as Season 6-7-8-9 and so on.. then i would of have understand you, but people were actually fighting on this ladder. maybe YOU didn't, cause you joined Po when the season was to an end, and you were in MoD who doesn't really play GhR anymore.

but don't gimme that people didn't take Pre-Season seriously, cause z][t and a some clans out there really fighted to the last in these cb's and we gave everything for winning.

and i wasnt really asking about opinions, i was asking an admin about a yes or no.

so for no flaming, or no discussions so please stay out of it Smiley

z][t-Stripes

• - Stripes - •

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 08:09:31 pm »

Point taken stripes. Theres no official decision yet, but I think you'll get icons.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2005, 08:16:56 pm »

Stripes I was in Po while the season was still going on, and not once do I remember them cbing you during those final two weeks, Im probly wrong, but w/e.  It still was called the Pre-Season, so I dont think a place in the hall of fame (For SEASON winners) was earned.

(Stipes BTW I DO think you should get icons (since its a BL sactioned event just like the spring tourney thing) I just dont think it deserves a spot in the hall of fame)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005, 08:20:46 pm by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2005, 08:17:46 pm »

Thanks for understanding..

it's not like i'm gonna go to my bed and cry if i/we don't get an icon for winning the ladders, and i'm sure my guys won't too - would just be nice to our good collection, do you feel me?  Wink

Hope you consider it, or well.. don't forget you said this m8, that we would get icons..

z][t-Stripes

• - Stripes - •

core.Flies

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2005, 08:20:19 pm »

If someone would bother to look, I think you will find a very long discussion on
what records that would call for icons.

Right now I cant recall if it was only a discussion in the admin-forum, or it was a public topic.

However, the conclusion in those days were, that the overall teamladder-winners would get icon.
Some of the ( in those days called ) fun-ladders would get their own minimized icons, since everybody liked to get icons.
This socalled  "pre-season winner" thing was never ment to have an icon. It all started because some would like to have their names in the records, for having done a lot of cbs during the open season.
The season was at that point considered to be a season consisting of an open season and some finals.

So much for that stuff. Just wanted to point out that all this has actually been discussed before.

I am NOT awaiting any special icon.
I only asked for the Raven Shield Team-Ladder icon for Season X.

If ppl wanna discuss what kinky record should deserve an icon, plz do it in another thread.
TY !

:-)

Best regards
| ! |  Flies
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 08:23:26 pm »

But Flies, this isnt a "pre-season" to a tournament, like season X,  its a "preseason" to the season XI.  Therefore, just like the spring tourney, (in which the winners received icons)  The winners of this preseason should rightly get them as well.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2005, 08:23:37 pm »

Dark..

Please stop making a fool out of yourself, check this link

http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=8804.120

check the cb between z][t and Po.

do also check how many cb's Po did in the last few days, i don't wanna discuss this with you, i do already have a lot of trouble, i'm stealing Flies Thread that's already enough.

Sorry Flies..

z][t-Stripes

• - Stripes - •

core.Flies

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2005, 08:29:10 pm »

ouch - point taken Dark.
Sorry for mixing them up.

However - I promised myself that my return here wouldnt end up with me spending a hell much time in forums. I promise -  I really did.
So I made this little "minor request from Core" thread, and hoped it would just be a quick 2 responses - 10 views - end of story.

Heh - nvm.
I have noticed that this preseason thing you talk of has been running at a pretty serious level during summer and all - so the discussion would prolly be a good one.
However - cant you plz plz do it in another thread ?

Sniffle

| ! | Flies
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2005, 08:46:50 pm »

the minor request from core got some good airtime in the admin forum, dont worry flies.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 12:37:09 am »

As said Flies, I gonna look up how it is in Formula one. We are just busy with finishing the Season preparation with the season just a few days away ;-)

I gonna send you all information via mail once it has been decided.

Greetz,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
KoS.frizzle.

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 01:23:18 am »

It all started because some would like to have their names in the records, for having done a lot of cbs during the open season.
The season was at that point considered to be a season consisting of an open season and some finals.

Wow flies....all I asked was if theres some icons for open season winners since its in the hall of fame like i told you already...oh and between...its not just "a lot of cbs" stop being a dick dude..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:41:47 am by dr.frizbee. » Logged
core.Flies

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2005, 02:39:53 am »

Thank you for the Season X icons in your mail, Mauti.
I had kinda hoped you would also announce the decision here, but nvm.
Maybe I am just a bit too fast, and you planned to do so, in due time.
Thank you anyway.

Frizbee,
the discussion i mention was started up by a group of ppl that didnt even include you.
Sry for not thinking of you all the time, when i write stuff here.
Interesting language and mood you got there, btw.

| ! | Flies

P.S. With Mauti sending Core the Season X icons,
I hereby cant see any reason for further discussion in this thread called " Minor request from Core".

« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 02:41:30 am by core.Flies » Logged
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005, 06:19:10 am »

From the prespective of dr, this discussion includes any member of dr quite a lot. Quite a good case could be made that core doesn't deserve the icons, and that dr is next in line. I'm not making that case, just pointing it out.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 06:33:43 am »

Quitters don't deserve the honour after shameful acts.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads