*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:07:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Minor request from Core  (Read 4092 times)
core.Flies

« on: August 16, 2005, 04:21:17 pm »

... I looked for the problem-box, but wasnt really sure if that was the correct place to put
following request to admin-team:

Core is rebuilding clansite + forum these days, and for graphic reasons we would ask if it was possible to get all those glossy winner-icons we won in previous seasons. ( I believe we still have Season 3 + 5 somewhere, but thats about it ).
I am also wondering if there is a link to them, that we can use for DBL-forum use.

Season : 3
Game :  Ghost Recon
Clanname : ViRuS

Season : 5
Game : Ghost Recon
Clanname: Core   | ! | 

Season : 7
Game :  Raven Shield
Clanname: Core   | ! |

Tourney 2004
Game : Raven Shield
Clanname :  Core  | ! |

Season : X
Game :  Raven Shield
Clanname : Core  | ! |

If this request exceed the means of the admin-team right now, due to preseason activities, I guess we could also just make our own versions of the various seasons - but all in all it would be best to use the "official" stuff, I guess.

Best regards
| ! |  Flies

P.S. Good luck to the admin team in Season XI

Edit : all above mentioned wins are related to the "team-ladder"
« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 06:01:05 pm by core.Flies » Logged
KoS.frizzle.

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 07:21:18 pm »

I know its a bit off-topic but...since flies is asking for the season X winners icon, could we have ours also please.

Thanks!  We need more love

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 08:02:44 pm »

and cO's tourney 2005 GhR icons Grin

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 09:11:29 pm »

the icons are more mauti than the admin team.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 09:21:18 pm »

if core got deleted from the *dbl, does this mean that their past season wins are invalid?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
core.Flies

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2005, 09:28:59 pm »

Oh gee - i almost forgot how these forums work.

Roll Eyes

Guys - dont come here trying to fumble your way in on my simple, unpolitical and ( assumed to be) pretty straight forward request. ....grmbl.

Frizbee, what you imply would make cause for discussion. I dont think there was ever thought of giving badges to the clan that had most points in open season.

However...what you think or not think on that matter - plz make your own thread about it.
I am sure it will be interesting.

Spike :  I am addressing the admin-team / Mauti / DBL ...whoever. And I of course hope for a positive answer. If you as admin get in contact with the right person, plz do mention it, will ya ?

The deal is not a super-urgent matter, but sometime within the next 10 days would be great.
We are getting pretty finished with our lay-outs for site and forum.

I would really like to keep a simple request like this free of any fuzz.
But as Krush mentions, it would be nice to get those badges we battled so hard for.
Some of the badges Core might simply have lost somewhere - admitted. But whatever - if its not that big a deal, I would just be glad to get the graphics - and maybe even the links for use in this forum.

Best regards
Flies

Edit :
you dont take any medals back, if the guy that got them is no more.
I am a bit surprised you could even ask such a question Spike.
What would you do with the winners of the the first 2 seasons then ?
Make their old records invalid since they havent signed up for 5 years ?

LOL

« Last Edit: August 16, 2005, 09:31:52 pm by core.Flies » Logged
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2005, 09:42:19 pm »

if core got deleted from the *dbl, does this mean that their past season wins are invalid?

When an athelete retires do they take away His/Her gold medals?

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2005, 09:50:34 pm »

You all didnt retire, you severed ties with the *DBL in quite a forceful and almost insulting way. After doing so I cant think of why you would want the medals from a place that you have claimed to dispise so much. Anyway, I was just curious, and we will get you the icons.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
core.Flies

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005, 10:37:25 pm »

On that note ?

Like I said, I almost forgot how these forums works.
Spike - do you want me to public what reasons Core gave the admins, for checking out of the *DBL ?
It would be a completely wast eof time i guess, but i would gladly do it.

First of all - in this matter you are a  DBL-admin.

Somehow you have now managed to make a completely simple request ending up
as being a superpolitical issue.

You have even made it grow into something that to me looks like what in these forums is called
"bate", by starting to give very personal and subjective indications and remarks.
If I ate your "bate" I would now start to argue with you wehter or not core or the admins did this and that in present time.
And nobody really gives a DAMN about it, you see.

In short Core left for two reasons :

A: We felt something superfishy was going on, in the way MP5 and Typhy got their way around, as well on the CB-field as in the dealing with the admins.

B: We felt the attitude from the admins, and the way they never really couldnt get a simple thing going, by giving consistent and straight rules and answers, were mudding the waters so much that there were no real reason to beleive it would be otherwise in the future. Granted, we knew that it wasnt all admins that did this by purpose. But in the end we didnt care wether it was due to too less training before being admin in superfinals or it was related to personal interests.

Some months passed.

We have now seen that "justice has been done " according to point A : The Typhy-thing.

When that happened, Core started to become active here again.
We thought - stupid us - that it maybe also indicated that point B was getting solved.

It shouldnt surprise anyone if we now take a step backwards again.
A f...cking simple request for something we already have been granted and fought for - the stupid badges - is being put into some personal and almost hatefull perspective.

God knows what will be judged in the upcoming season if this is the way around even before season has started.

And to be specific :
Until now every clan - no matter how many times they have played in the DBL has had to sign up for every new season.

Core - as well as any other clan - is automatically resigned from the ladder in between seasons.
The only difference this time is, that we asked for it to be done ASAP.

* We didnt cheat
* We didnt leave before time ( like other clans have done - in middle of finals)
* We accepted all rulings by admins
* We didnt make any fuzz concerning the whereabouts of other competitors in the semifinals.

In short - I think we earned those badges Spike.

Thats what I have felt every time out of those 5 times we have won the *DBL
- and its pretty offending to be the overall most winning clan on DAMN ever,
and yet have to get a treatment like this.

You are an admin and you speak in open forum.
I therefore take your words as the words from the full admin team.

I will act according to that.

All contacts regarding mailaddresses and links for the badges can be done by contacting me on GameRanger, or let Mauti mail me.

Best regards
Flies

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005, 10:41:55 pm »

Ya we'll take ours too, with an astrix of course.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2005, 10:42:58 pm »

Flies, I was merely curious as to why you would return after your absence, I didn't require a four page post in reply. I am glad that core has returned after the justice that was done (typhy) and I hope you will find the admin team to be more helpful than last time around. Again, the icons are created by Mauti, but  we will do all we can to help you get them. Sorry about the confusion, I didn't mean to cause any ruckus, and I hope to see you on the battlefield in the future (for what would the rvs ladder be without the winnest clan in *DAMN history?Wink )

btw I deleted your post in the problem box because a) you dont precisely have a problem, and b) because you had posted a thread about it. i know there was some confusion about posts being moved/split last time, so I just wanted to explain.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
core.Flies

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2005, 12:29:34 am »

Yeah...hmmm....well...

Damn you Spike. Good answer.

No prob about the deleted post thing.
I just posted there afterwards, to make sure I didnt do something wrong.

If my reply really takes up four pages on your screenresolution, plz make sure you come to see Core for a CB soon. I cant wait to get your corners.

We suck at RvS for the time being - sometimes I almost feel we do too much gay-sex instead of pressing fingers towards plastic-buttons in the hope to get a virtual badge, that noone around us understand a single bit/byte about.

Should the badge come with an " astrix" ... I think it would be a neverending reminder to me, that season X proved its better to walk the walk than talk the talk.

Core already from the start knew we werent "hot" that season. A lot of gamers in daily online life could beat us up pretty bad. But at least we danced. We signed up for the ladder, and we did all those boring, complicated negotiations, that noone remembers as being a tough part of a season as well.

If I should end this up in a more positive tone, I would make my deepest request that in the future gaming you tried to implement regular CB-days. A bit like Buccaneer tried on his ladder, before he went pissed on everybody.

With a weekly CB-time  ( 2 times a week - 3 times a week, I dont care) we would know that when we got online, we werent substituting sex for simple no-can-do excuses all the time.

So Spike, while you wait for Mauti to create/find those icons, plz think if it was worth the effort to discuss with your fellow admins if we should start seasons with scheduled cb-nights.

My clanmembers are so horny I got to have a better excuse to lure them behind their computers, than just a " maybe we have a who-knows deal " with clan X for tonite.

Best regards
| ! |  Flies

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2005, 01:57:21 am »

I've never liked the idea of scheduled cbs. I've always felt that this is an online gaming league, and it shouldn't run your life, or dictate when you get on or off the computer. However, I can see the advantages to it. Less confusion about cbs, more garenteed cbs, and less time wasted looking for a cb.

Scheduled cbs also bring up a whole host of other issues. What if the clan doesnt show, is late, what happens if a clan member has to go etc etc etc. Life doesn't always allow for everything, and we would have to come up with a whole host of new rules governing when cbs can happen, when they cant and the procedure for dealing with. Right now, we have no need of those rules.

But of course, the admin team is always open to any ideas that y'all have. I don't think I quite understood your exact system. Do you mean having two or three cb days a week? Having a few hours yet aside twice a week for cbs? What exactly would be your system?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
KoS.frizzle.

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2005, 02:00:29 am »

Frizbee, what you imply would make cause for discussion. I dont think there was ever thought of giving badges to the clan that had most points in open season.

Well, I just saw that we won regular season in the hall of fame so i thought we must have some icon since the super final winners have one...
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2005, 02:01:00 am »

I've never liked the idea of scheduled cbs. I've always felt that this is an online gaming league, and it shouldn't run your life, or dictate when you get on or off the computer.

That was always my opinion when I was an admin but it all depends on what the clans are willing to do.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
core.Flies

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2005, 01:34:47 pm »

the funny thing is,
that exactly same argument drives me to the conclusion that specific CB-nights would be a better option.

Knowing that you would actually get some CB´s, and not end up with a full gaming-nite spent on various trivial discussions and negotiations, would certainly bring the fun back to me.

I also think thats a very important reason why the finals / superfinals have become so successful.

But its a huge discussion how you would do it - and going into that, would make me feel i walked a path i already stepped so many times before.

Best regards
Flies
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005, 01:48:20 pm »

the funny thing is,
that exactly same argument drives me to the conclusion that specific CB-nights would be a better option.

Knowing that you would actually get some CB´s, and not end up with a full gaming-nite spent on various trivial discussions and negotiations, would certainly bring the fun back to me.

I also think thats a very important reason why the finals / superfinals have become so successful.

But its a huge discussion how you would do it - and going into that, would make me feel i walked a path i already stepped so many times before.

Best regards
Flies

Well setting specific times/days would be problematic and dictating. Better to maybe say each clan must play eachother a minimum of once and set a realistic maximum. It stops the bullshit deals that locked us out 2 seasons running. Works for hmm just about every competition, league, tournament in history. Why not damn.
core.Flies

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2005, 02:06:57 pm »

RgR Sin,

I tried to make a bit more specific suggestion in the
" *DBL Rule Changes for Season XI "

its just a thought on how we could slowly get a bit of a rythm into the cb-ing,
without dictating stuff. 
I know my suggestion doesnt solve all the bs-possibilities, but hey- it maybe a start.

Best regards
| ! |  Flies
Monoman
BL Staff

Oh Canada!!

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2005, 10:51:15 pm »

What about one day a week at some set time similar to the Finals and any clans that cb get some type of bonus. This wouldn't be anything that is required for clans to come to, but hopefully the bonus would encourage them.

Kansas....Like Paris Hilton: White, Flat, and Easy to Enter.  -- Conan O'Brien

Masturbation is like procrastination, they're both great until you realize your screwing yourself.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
core.Flies

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2005, 11:16:24 pm »

Good point Mono

Bonus-cb´s + the back-up from admins at those "default-hours" would make it attractive for clans and clanmembers to be online all togheter, and - perhaps - at same time minimize the forum-grumbling over cb´s that went wrong. all probs will most likely be sorted out during the CB-night.

| ! |  Flies
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads