*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:01:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why Finals must be held.  (Read 5900 times)
Archon MkIV

f00.

« on: September 30, 2005, 10:07:33 am »

Stripes told me a week back that there would be no finals this season. I just laughed - figured
it was some sick kind of joke. Now that I've learned that it is in fact the truth, I must say it's
quite the dumbest decision I've ever seen made in any Ghost Recon league in my time.

By having no finals, you're assuring that we, being in the highest-ranked clan for the past seasons, will
not win the current ladder. Sure, it makes sense to let someone else win for a change, but it isn't
any fair whatsoever. Why?

As I'm sure you have all noticed, The Animals currently reside at the top of the ladder with an amazing
7 CBs. We can only dream of doing that many CBs in a season, let alone by this time, because most of our
requests to CB are turned down. Moreover, being ranked second, we'll need to battle [a] a number of times
to get more points than them, and I daresay this is rather hard when they're always refusing to face us.

There is no way we could or can achieve more points than [a] has for this season unless we covertly
rename our clan to "NSF". Normally, this would be fine, as we'd have a good chance of catching up in the
finals, but *cough* seeing as how there are no finals this season...

Without finals, the results of this season will make no sense, and I, for one, will certainly lose a lot
of my belief in the *DAMN Battle League.

I like the idea of a Tournament to come after the Season, but I don't think you should sacrifice the Season's Finals because of it.

z][t-Vermin.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 10:09:18 am by Archon MkIV » Logged
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 10:14:23 am »

Here are already a few arguments put together why there won't be finals anymore, and that we will hold tournaments seperately instead of finals: http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9331.0

And 7 cbs are nothing, - in the end of the season you will have played hopefully more cbs, as you did in the past. However this is obviously a clan intern issue.

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Archon MkIV

f00.

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 10:39:41 am »

Here are already a few arguments put together why there won't be finals anymore, and that we will hold tournaments seperately instead of finals: http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9331.0

And 7 cbs are nothing, - in the end of the season you will have played hopefully more cbs, as you did in the past. However this is obviously a clan intern issue.

7 CBs is a lot for us these days, trust me. >.<
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 12:09:33 pm »

Sad to hear that!

since 13th June 2000
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 05:13:50 pm »

So i guess there will be no way to bring back finals?

Else you should call your league - " Who's best to find cb's"

Hope the admins will discuss this over, to bring the Finals back to the main season + we could have the tournaments.

But it's ofcourse your decision, at least we could try to make a poll? - Let's make folk post their opinion, i know there is an old thread.

So what ya say? ..

z][t-Stripes

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:42:21 pm »

No not for this or next season.

Further it has nothing to do with who's best to find cbs. In the past you never had big issues finding cbs - also in the preseason you played the most cbs. May something outside my knowledge happened wihin z][t, but at all as explained in the other thread with the shorter season intervals the Superfinals would consume too much time compared to the mainseason, and although they have worked out very well, there are also enough disadvantages with the finals(stopping to cbing once you are qualified). I don't want to roll out all pro and contra again.

There have been a few reasons to do so, further right now you have already played a few cbs and are even on par with the animals in the GhR Advanced ladder.

In the future with the release of the *DBL 2.0 you may will see a comeback of the finals, but only in addition with a minimum played amount of cbs requirement. Well this will be discussed shortly before the *DBL 2.0 development hits the beta stage.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 05:50:12 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 05:45:14 pm »

There have already been a few threads about this ( here in particular). If you wanted to change the rules you should have put in some input when we were in the process of changing them, it's a little late to come around now and ask for them to be changed.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 05:50:34 pm »

Rgr - it's sad, very sad. But not your fault we can't find cb's.

Hopefully tonight we'll bug people to death if they don't cb us ;-).

Just kidding, Keep in mind - if anyone is interested in a GhR/RvS cb, then contact me or another z][t member in any way. We are up for everything... Mostly Wink

z][t-Stripes  Cool

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 05:52:48 pm »

waooo i see 19 cbs played in the last 15 days !!!

no comment !
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 10:35:31 pm »

down with finals! they're a bitch for the admins to take care of, uh huh... Finals just end up being a big, VERY BIG waste of time for the admins and the clans partcipating.

the season should just determine your spot in the tourneys, that's the best alternative for finals.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Archon MkIV

f00.

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 11:56:21 pm »

No not for this or next season.

Further it has nothing to do with who's best to find cbs. In the past you never had big issues finding cbs - also in the preseason you played the most cbs. May something outside my knowledge happened wihin z][t, but at all as explained in the other thread with the shorter season intervals the Superfinals would consume too much time compared to the mainseason, and although they have worked out very well, there are also enough disadvantages with the finals(stopping to cbing once you are qualified). I don't want to roll out all pro and contra again.

There have been a few reasons to do so, further right now you have already played a few cbs and are even on par with the animals in the GhR Advanced ladder.

In the future with the release of the *DBL 2.0 you may will see a comeback of the finals, but only in addition with a minimum played amount of cbs requirement. Well this will be discussed shortly before the *DBL 2.0 development hits the beta stage.

Sorry, but you're wrong. The current Season has everything do to with who's best at finding CBs, and we've never had any worse problems finding CBs than we are experiencing this season. As for *DBL 2.0, well, I doubt I'd stay around to see that if the "development" of the rules proceed...

verm.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 12:11:24 am »

Again Archon this was debated. If you had been around for the debate you could have let your opinion been known. But you weren't, and the rules were written, and they aren't going to be changed, especially not mid-season.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
z][t-Neo

z][t's Mum

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2005, 06:46:42 am »

And once again I will suggest to z][t not to support the DBL because of inactivity on GhR ladders.
When ppl have problems seeing us winning then talk to us goddamnit. There are solutions ... But not this tricky and bitchy way behind ppls backs and stuff like that.

.::Give every day the chance to be the best in your life::.
  z][t  www.zero-t-clan.com  z][t
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2005, 01:32:49 pm »

Well Vermin,

I think this is also a problem with GameRanger right now - there are much less games overall. So also less cbs.

Neo, the problem of bitching is something, where we, the *DBL admins, can't do much, can we!?

However I hope that you stay, and as said in the beginning of the season, it would be great if bigger clans split up and create subclans so we would have more clans to fight. However as the last big discussion round showed, the bigger clans aren't willing to do so, due various reasons.

However give it a bit time, the seasons aren't that long and season XII will start already a few weeks after season XI, and once clans recognize a common patter there will be hopefully more clans jump aboard, that also hopefully cb.

One thing is unfortunaly that many guys refuse cbs, because they say they need practics, but they don't realize that you can only practice cbing by cbing other clans and at all losing isn't a shame.

It's really a shame, I have tried to get this into the heads of many players for years now, but I failed in this department. We need more clans that are a good role model, and where other clan see that it is all about cbing at first, then comes winning - no matter it is always a rush of adrenaline.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2005, 08:22:12 pm »

And once again I will suggest to z][t not to support the DBL because of inactivity on GhR ladders.
When ppl have problems seeing us winning then talk to us goddamnit. There are solutions ... But not this tricky and bitchy way behind ppls backs and stuff like that.

What are you hoping to achieve by making comments like this?  No one here is worried about z][t winning more than anyone else.  I just looked over the Hall of Fame and I see a variety of clans winning mulitple ladders and such for many months/years now.

You are making your clan look like an ugly, gloating group by saying things like what's written above.  No one else is "name-dropping" about what they've won, it's a total turn-off.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
z][t-Primary

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2005, 08:29:50 pm »

wallbashing   this is not zt's general opinion by the way.
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2005, 08:33:50 pm »

wallbashing   this is not zt's general opinion by the way.

Maybe z][t should break up and then you guys would have another euro clan to cb.  Giving you all the right times to put together so no one has to stay up mad late or wake up too early.

That will get more cbs going for you!

Haha, just kiddin!   Wink

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 09:46:29 pm »

is that flaming co vs zt or are u going discuss normaly!!!
Vermin

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 10:01:09 pm »

... uh... what?
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 11:02:14 pm »

... I never seem to understand what you're talking about... please explain.

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads