*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:55:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheating witch hunt  (Read 5711 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 08:11:42 pm »

fyi I believe fridge was banned for having over 100 gr accounts

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Jamo

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 08:31:34 pm »

...the spam that followed Liberates post isn't constructive...

Wow. I'm sure if we all pmmed all our spam to the admins we'd be noticed. Since when our we not allowed to have a peaceful protest on these forums? And I spent over a hour creating that banner. I consider that very constructive, TY.
jerkasaur

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2005, 09:00:53 pm »

well if some guys lag or wapr they should stop playing , some just use this lags in there advantage !!! some also provoc lags using other apps in background to shoot before u see them !!!

Ghost, what you are saying here is PURE NONSENSE.  Lag is bad, it is never a helpful thing.  It hurts the player who is LAGGING.  Someone who is lagging will not be able to shoot someone else before they can see them, the lag would be laggin their own computer not the person whom they are shooting.  In Rabbits case (not taking sides) had that been warp/lag he would never have known(until his comp recovered from the lag), he may have been shooting at people that were on his screen, but were not actually there.  I have had times where I see people and shoot them, but I notice that there are no bullet ricochets, then I know that I am in big lag.  Rabbit could have been in this same perdicament.  (Although I seem to remember bullets ricocheting with rabbit) 
       The whole point I am trying to make is that when someone lags, their computer sees something totally different than what the host computer does.  In a replay, you dont see someone warping around, because the game doesnt know that they are, its the lag that causes warp.

Overall, there is no way that lag can be advantage to the person who is lagging.  Cmon Ghost you know this stuff.  Quit your damn cheating witch hunt and play the game.  No one bs'd about cheaters 3 years ago when I first started playing this game, and everything was good.  No one blamed c| or BTs of cheating.  There was the one issue of "fridge" and he got a perma ban from GR and the DBL for it (the gr ban might not have been the ghr glitching, but if anyone gets permabanned from GR there is usually a good reason)  Cheating might happen, but if someone wins because they cheated, I hope it helps them sleep at night to know that they probly wouldnt have been able to do that if they hadnt.  And anyone who cheats to win, even at monopoly or something bigger, inevitably feels regret because of the fact that they did cheat.  So to all you cheaters out there, Sleep well knowing that most of us dont give a flying fuck that you can shoot us with your ubedh4x.  We are just here to play a fucking game.

GET OVER IT

Wrong wrong wrong dark. Having played on a 56k for over a year (250+ ping constantly), I can tell you will all certaintly that lag can in some cases be helpful. If you hit someone, that hit is registered on the client side (i.e. the lagger who was shooting) and that information is sent to the server which registers the kill on the other person's computer. What this means, is that if i'm lagging and i get a spike, I won't imediately know it, and when I shoot someone, it registers on my end that they've been hit, though there is a delay in time between my computer sendign the information that the hit is registered, and the hit being registered on the other players side. So, here's a real life, in game example =

I was playing battlefield on murds server when for some reason everyone hit a huge lag spike. At the time,  I didn't realize we we lagging and I fired at kiwi several times. He didn't die imediately and I realized that we or I was lagging. 30 secodns latter, I warped to the other side of the map, and kiwi was dead where I shot him at. Despite the lag, the hit hard reigstered on my side and kiwi had died because that information was sent to the server.

The same thing works on a smaller scale for an individual, instead of the whoel server. I could be in a small lag spike, peak around a rock and shoo soemone, without them even knowing I was there because they died before the information of me moveing reached them. Thus, the lagger in some cases has an advantage. The hit is registered on the shooter's side regardless of whether the movement was registered. When that information finally gets sent out due to lag delay the other person could easily be already dead before even knowing that you were there.
{E} Ive

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2005, 10:05:55 pm »

I agree when I went from the g3 to my new g4 bout 6 mounths ago my kills dropped for quite some time. I think its an advantage at some times an a disadvantage at others
cO.twist

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2005, 11:07:22 pm »

I was playing battlefield on murds server when for some reason everyone hit a huge lag spike. At the time,  I didn't realize we we lagging and I fired at kiwi several times. He didn't die imediately and I realized that we or I was lagging. 30 secodns latter, I warped to the other side of the map, and kiwi was dead where I shot him at. Despite the lag, the hit hard reigstered on my side and kiwi had died because that information was sent to the server.

This can go both ways though - if a server times out for a bit...You could be shooting at someone looking the other way (so you think) and when the server catches up, you're dead. 

And weak, i know you've been around this game for a long time, and i agree, i haven't seen anything like Rabbit's situation.  BUT - after talking with a bunch of people that are familiar with modding GhR, its impossible to shoot through walls...especially when you are on someone elses host.  It would be one thing if you went into your GhR folder and fucked everything up, and tried it on your own host.....but when you're playing on someone else's host, it goes by their (the hosts) files. 

Honestly, have you ever seen someone straight up shoot through walls in ghost recon in a regular game, or in a cb??  I haven't.  Lag can do some crazy ass shit...ESPECIALLY in this game.  The other day we were playing on aztec, and [a]Python XL lagged WAY up on some ledge by the wz about 20 feet in the air.  I have no idea what that wouldve looked like in a replay, but im sure if someone just posted that on here and said they had "jump hacks" or something gay like that, half of you would believe it.

I know i've been sticking up for this dude for a while....I'm not personal friends with rabbit, but i do know that he is one of the better players out there.  I've watched him for a while, esp after all of this bullshit.  He's good, and doesn't cheat....and i really think you guys are making a mistake. 
Jamo

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2005, 11:19:44 pm »

[a] PythonXL has also been known to lag through the broken bridge in Embassy and die from the fall.
Hunter

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 12:40:49 am »

I think The DBL should really rethink the rabbit situation.

OR

Posting a simple replay of the cheat/hax that Admins claimed to have duplicated would be and easy answer to all this drama.

A replay would NOT teach anyone how to cheat and would prove that he indeed cheated.

Then the community wouldnt feel like you guys are punishing innocent players.

Guilty till proven innocent? or wasnt it the other way around?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:44:06 am by Hunter » Logged
Liberate

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 01:22:10 am »

well if some guys lag or wapr they should stop playing , some just use this lags in there advantage !!! some also provoc lags using other apps in background to shoot before u see them !!!
Shut the fuck up to be honest. Are you fucking retarded? You have fucking euros and aussies hosting/playing in the league with 400+ ping yet you want Rabbit out because he's in the US with 120~ ping and shitty DSL? BAN THE EUROS AND AUSSIE THEN TALK SHIT ABOUT LOCALS. How retarded can you get? Jesus christ...

By the way Brutha, its =US= DeUmRaBbiT. There's a space in there buddy.

guess im the noob your looking for liberate. I recently bought myself a 1.25 emac 512 ram but have played ghr for quite some time on a 700 mhz g3 256 ati 128 56k
Rabbit says "We don't really care."

Brutha just because you're an admin now, doesn't mean you have to act like a dick all the time.  Rabbit got screwed, and you guys won't do anything about it.  We're stating our opinions on here, which we are entitled to do.  Rabbit should be freed, he didn't do anything wrong...

Honestly, if you think about it - if it were someone like Red Tigah that had a lag problem like this, it would've been reviewed, and discussed about 100x more than what Rabbit got.  He lagged out, and now he's getting fucked for it.
A-fucking-men.

theweakspot. Idiot. IF YOU WATCH THE REPLAY, HE LAGS (he can't move, turn, shoot or anything ACCURATELY) FOR ABOUT 5 SECONDS. WHEN HE STOPS LAGGING, HE WARPS INTO THE GLITCH. Honestly, you all have experienced lag in GHR before, you teleport all over the fucking place. Rabbit has said it countless times and if you want more demos to prove it happens all the time JUST SAY SOMETHING.

But it's not lag.
Says he who doesn't use our DSL in our town. Come here to Cali and try our DSL. You'll change your mind and shut your mouth if you do.

fyi I believe fridge was banned for having over 100 gr accounts
100% true.

And I spent over a hour creating that banner. I consider that very constructive, TY.
<indian accent>
OD MY GOD YEAH JAMO!
</indian accent>(yeah, that was me on voice a couple days ago lawl)

I could be in a small lag spike, peak around a rock and shoo soemone, without them even knowing I was there because they died before the information of me moveing reached them.
If it's lagging, the packets containing the info on the bullets you fire would take forever to get to the server. TRANSLATION INTO JERKASAURANESE? THE GUY WOULDN'T DIE BECAUSE HE WOULD NEVER GET SHOT BY BULLETS THAT THE SERVER NEVER REGISTERED THE GUY FIRING. Seriously, learn how computers/the internet work, then come back with your pseudo-intelligence.

Honestly, have you ever seen someone straight up shoot through walls in ghost recon in a regular game, or in a cb??  I haven't.
You know why you havn't seen it? Because its... oh wait for it here it comes... IMPOSSIBLE! w00t! You CANNOT CHANGE THE GAME'S PHYSICS DURING A GAME FROM A CLIENT. That is all kthx.

A replay would NOT teach anyone how to cheat and would prove that he indeed cheated.
Negative. You're 100% wrong. They cant post a demo that proves Rabbit was hacking because no such demo exists. Why? He doesn't hack, it's a simple as that. Not only do you have my word, you have Rabbits. If need be, I'll make a copy of his goddam hard drive and ship it to you. It's not about him being innocent or guilty. It's about you guys being completely wrong, then defending your decision at the expense of US's season. Not only do you owe Rabbit a formal apology, you owe one to US too. They all deserve to hear "Yeah, we were wrong. I'm sorry." from you guys. The fact that you can't seem to find the right key combination to type that is beyond me.

Send me the name of the wall hack he used, or send me a link to where I can download it. Oh wait what? You can't/won't? Then why is he banned? You cannot prove he hacks, therefore you have no grounds to ban him.

The fact that the entire competative community is screaming for Rabbit to be unbanned means nothing to you guys does it? Rabbit knows he didn't hack more than anybody here. I come in second and everybody else that plays in the DAMN BL comes in third. You all come in fourth (last AND least) because you refuse to believe me, rabbit, and everybody else. He should have been unbanned the second an admin read my last post. The fact that he's still banned means first and foremost that whoever is in charge of managing bans is a complete fucking idiot. I don't care if it's the fucking DAMN BL owner himself. I could care less what happens to this account. I'd be glad if you perma ban my IP because you can't handle the truth. All it would mean to me is I never have to read this sorry shit again. The PC gaming world is bad enough, and I never thought I'd see shit this lame from Mac users. Good job morons.

~Lib

That took me 25 minutes to make. Me > Jamo tbh  Wink
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:31:14 am by Liberate » Logged
cO.libre

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 01:37:49 am »

liberate , thanks for the posts and your great effort to bring rabbit out of his undeserving ban ..

i just want to know .. who are you ?

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 01:40:35 am »

Rabbit, fire this Liberate fella' and rehire Punisher.  At least he wasnt a loudmouth.

cO.libre

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 01:51:39 am »

if liberate is banned or looked down upon by any of you ,  i laugh at you fools .. you can't handle the truth .

Rabbit, fire this Liberate fella' and rehire Punisher.  At least he wasnt a loudmouth.

weak , please read liberate's full posts and think about what he is saying before you move onto more rabbit - bashing .

Honestly, if you think about it - if it were someone like Red Tigah that had a lag problem like this, it would've been reviewed, and discussed about 100x more than what Rabbit got.  He lagged out, and now he's getting fucked for it.

that would be very interesting , indeed .

cO.leen
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 01:53:30 am by cO.leen » Logged

cO.libre - The Chosen Ones<br />www.thechosenones.us
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 01:56:01 am »

Jerk, I have never ever ever seen it work that way, and I have never heard stories of someone being able to kill someone in lag... so until you show me a replay of it, or some other proof, I just cant beleive what you are saying.

(BTW the server registers all shots and movements then relays them back to your comp's visual... like lib says, learn how the game works, you dont send the server anything but where you wanna go and where you wanna shoot, to know that that guy was there, the server had to send you that info, and therefore because he didnt see you, its most likely that he was laggin not you)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 02:09:47 am »

You all need to calm down, especially Liberate. You can argue without sarcasm anger or swearing. got it?

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Liberate

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 02:12:32 am »

I used to play GHR on game ranger before I got a PC. I was a total nub about 2 years ago. It's completely different now. I know more about hacking than most of you ever will. Why? People ask my opinoin in a ban request. What do I do? I go out for 2 days and download all the hacks I can find. I load up a single player game and hack until I'm bored. Why? Because I'm not going to give my opinion if I don't know what I'm talking about.

I no longer play GHR on gameranger, nor do I even own a Mac. No, I didn't convert to Pee Cee-ism. Rabbit can vouch for me flaming bill gates and windows constantly. My mac broke, and I thought I could fix it. I popped open my laptop and it turned out the motherboard failed; that was something I couldn't fix. They have a mobo swap program for it, but I had already opened the laptop and they won't replace it now. I'm too lazy/poor to buy another one.

After reading what you people have said, I can tell that none of you even know what GHR hacks are out there. You havn't used them for research. You havn't had any experience at all with hacking and therefore have no grounds to flame me or Rabbit. I know more about it than you, if you don't like what I'm saying, then it sucks to be you.

I have every right to be a loud mouth. They ban Rabbit for no reason and then decide it's okay to defend their decision instead of unbanning him even when they've been proven wrong countless times. If the DAMN BL players want him unbanned, what right do you have to keep him banned? What is the DAMN BL without the clans and people that participate in it? Wasted money and webpsace, that's what.

theweakspot, I may be a loud mouth, but at least I'm correct and well-informed which is much more than I can say for you, as sad as it may seem.

As for Rabbit, I'm a friend of his so to speak. Yeah, I know him in real life and I've used his comp countless times. I'll put it this way. His comp is such a piece of shit it couldn't even run GHR and a hack at the same time. It'd crash. It's like when he tries to screenshot and it crashes GHR. He may only be 14, but at least he acts more mature than most of you. He may not be able to afford a G5, but at least he's good at GHR on a shitty comp with shitty internet without cheating.

In response to leen: Rabbit wasn't given the same consideration as someone else would because everybody hate's him for being in Gz. They can't grasp the concept that everyone in Gz didn't hack. They also hate him because they too (Po and such) banned him from their servers JUST for being in Gz a while back and they don't want to admit they were wrong. The proof? When have they apologized to Rabbit for it?

Honestly, go learn some CISCO networking. Go get A++ certified. Go program multiplayer games and write your own net code. Maybe then you'll understand what you're talking about.

sipke, did you read what you typed? I can't be mad or sarcastic? What are you guys, the emotion police? I'm pretty sure everyone here is old enough to handle the language. I tend to flame when I'm pissed. Maybe if you unbanned Rabbit I wouldn't have a reason to be mad or flame.... Hmm what a concept. Unbanning the guy that doesn't hack. Oh whoops I forgot to type </sarcasm> before my post. I forgot to close the tag and some sarcasm leaked in.

~Lib
theone

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 02:14:50 am »

Well I guess it's my turn. Be the host of the game in question. I going to tell u want I saw in game. After my last death in this game I moved over to the view of Destroyer using in game voice I told him where I thought rabbit was. He moved and from thru and nade. At the wrong corner. I told to go inside and get him. As he came around the corner and shot it looked to me as if rabbit was shooting through the wall. Destroyer fired and killed rabbit. I then ask destroyer if he was shooting thought (in game voice) the wall he said yes I then ended the game. Before I did rabbit left the game (he heard what I asked).

That is what I saw destroyer and me are family and I will let him say what he saw. But I know what I saw.

As for the ban. I realize there is room for error in the replay and in fact I may have seen what I think I did. I feel the one season ban is a fair one (he may not be guilty) it sends a message to all the cheater that u can be caught and dealt with.

My opinion

I feel rabbit has a hack of some type. I don’t base this on one replay I have a few where rabbit makes a shot that at best would a very hard shot (BUT CAN BE DONE). I base my opinion on what I saw and heard f rom others. The fact that over 15 people Imed for the link to download the replay in min of me saying I had this. And over 50 download in one day over 100 now.  Says to me that im not alone (rabbit is REALLY this good or he’s a cheater).  I can what to see rabbit game play now that this is out there. Is he going to be this good or not?

that is what is said last time this came up http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=9130.0
and i stand by what i said. i know what i saw and there was no lag!!!!!!!!

liberate GO the fuck back 2 your fucking PC world and keep your thoughts to yourself!!!!!! clapping hands
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 02:20:26 am »

To theone

Host replay doesnt show player-side lag views

To liberate

were you known as LiberateMe on GR? 

By the way liberate, hunter of Po is on rabbits side (he is the leader) I cant speak for the rest of us, but he isnt bannned from mine, hunters, or viva's server.

My 2 Cents

dark.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 02:23:53 am by DarK. » Logged

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 02:23:27 am »

I just meant chill out with the flaming, I don't see how thats an un-reasonable request.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 02:27:46 am »

I just meant chill out with the flaming, I don't see how thats an un-reasonable request.

and while you're at it mr. liberate... we don't allow pictures in signatures here.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
jerkasaur

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 02:34:24 am »

If it's lagging, the packets containing the info on the bullets you fire would take forever to get to the server. TRANSLATION INTO JERKASAURANESE? THE GUY WOULDN'T DIE BECAUSE HE WOULD NEVER GET SHOT BY BULLETS THAT THE SERVER NEVER REGISTERED THE GUY FIRING. Seriously, learn how computers/the internet work, then come back with your pseudo-intelligence.

I'm only speaking from over two years of ghost recon experience playing with the shittiest of ping and the information given to me by community members that I know and trust. If you'd like to explain in greater detail how it works, by all means, fucking enlighten us. I'm sorry I don't have you're extensive expereince with cysco networking. Until you care to explain it, I'm going to go by what I know and what I've experienced. Maybe I'm not rabbit's best friend, but thoughout this whole situtation, I've tried to be as objective as I can with the knowlage that I've had. Now I'm taking my time to post here to try and explain, at least with my severely limited amout of knowlage how rabbit could be innocent, yet I'm the fucking enemy? Get your priorities strait.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 02:38:20 am »

I would like to respectfully request that the admins recreate (again) and post their proof (in multiple views) that rabbit was actually cheating in the form of a replay with AnonADMIN as the player name.
Had we been asked on Typhys hack we could and would have done so to avoid the doubt of our accusations.

Prudence at this point Demands it.

This will not in anyway encourage it, matter of fact it will show that it can be spotted in replay, and then we'll all know for CERTAIN either way if the ban was righteous.

Its only FAIR, and its the RIGHT thing do do considering the volume of protest.
Witholding this critical peice will only encourage the suspicion,
and not end it, as Im sure the admins would like.

I guarantee that will absolutely shut the debate down.
Becuase this debate here, is accomplishing nothing,
and the naysayers  are making what sound to me like legit points.

And I bet, to a person, on being shown multiple view reproductions of the supposed hack woud cause the naysayers to immediately withdraw their Rabbit Appeals..and perhaps apologize to the admin staff for the anger on the issue.

In the intrest of Justic, please post some admin replays.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads