*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 01:35:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Raven Shield Rule Changes  (Read 5293 times)
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 12:05:58 am »

The more bureaucracy and red tape, the more problems that will arise.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2005, 02:10:26 am »

The more bureaucracy and red tape, the more problems that will arise.

True dat spetz

Guys, lets jus keep it simple.  Sin, the reason we dont play meat packing plant is because we dont like it.  The reason we dont play w/ high caps is because it makes the game a little unfair or cheesy.  Yeah, its fun to go in with an aug and shoot 101 shots at a guy and get 2 kills, but in a cb, its supposed to be skill.  The high caps decrease the amount of skill needed for a kill.  Thats why they shouldnt be allowed. 

(Besides they can create bullet lag)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2005, 02:19:22 am »

To defend highcaps:

• Not everyone spams with them, even if you do spam you reduce chance of kill.
• 101 bullets is not far-fetched seeing as they do exist and are used when possible.
• Lag only happens if everyone is spraying machine guns at the same time.

Against highcaps:

• They take away the "reload" sound/aspect of the fight
• Spamming is a problem

Despite my uncreative reasons against high caps, I think they should be banned.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 02:23:30 am »

To Myst

If you mean "darks not lying, the aug does have 101 shots on High caps" ok, and yes

If you mean "people use other guns that naturally have 101 + bullets":  This is true, but uncommon.  (Support is what Im talkin about)

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005, 02:31:20 am »

Actually barrel clips are available for almost ever gun. They are expensive I suppose, but they are used when wanted/needed.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2005, 02:38:23 am »

Are you talking about real life myst... or what? 

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2005, 02:42:51 am »

Banning high-caps? WTF. Were not n00bs im sure everyone thats in the DBL knows how gay spam is. BUT the high-caps serve a massive purpose other than a bit of extra ammo. Id hope as been as your setting the rules that I dont need to explain what that is. Do I?

First off I said that the banning of HI-CAPS was being "looked into", not that it was happening.  Please don't take it as already having been decided.

FYI, I was not the one who brought the idea of banning HI-CAPS to the table.  Obviously the role that Harvey's room plays in the RvS community these days has put a big slant on how the *DBL admins feel the revised rules should head.  So if you are questioning my experience please know that I am not the sole voice bringing any of this to you.

Now, to your point.  You mention that there is a "massive" purpose for High Capacity Magazines other than an extra bit of ammo during each reload.  Can you please explain to us what that purpose is?  I don't want to start having to guess and fill in the blanks to what the Core Clan feels is appropriate for the rule book, I want to know outright.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2005, 02:51:11 am »

Are you talking about real life myst... or what? 

Yes. I was talking in reply to "cheesy". This game is supposed to be about realism.

John Lennon
NiKLoT

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2005, 06:09:35 am »

I've particapted in cbs. Not for a few seasons, but under the same rules that hold now. Are you suggesting our admins are unworthy and should be unseated? I didn't see many people rushing to post when I posted the "You wanna be an admin" topic awhile back. I hate it when people bitch about something but then never try to change it.

to spike and all admins it was no offense as sinister said....
oh and civic i think this is the list of the admins:
z][t-Civic         => never seen playing rvs
BTs_GhostSniper=> plays sometimes
BFG                => long time no seen
Vickedson         => plays sometimes
BTs_static         => maybe the most active rvs admin
[:] Mr. T           => dunno if he even have the game
:MOD:Brutha     => last time i saw him playing was in the time of Eagle-One's server so atleast 6 month ago
[a] Red Tigah    => plays if the other [a] are playing
dr.Spike           => plays from time to time but... hes not even in Lees stats list...

u c civic not really much activity, but i didnt say it was bad or good i just realized it and asked why there are more ghr the rvs admins. it was no WTF WHY IS THERE NO RVS ADMIN. it was no offense or anything... well w/e

oh and to sinister meat packing is so fucking laggy if u go outside the building! and dont tell me we could say its not allowed to go outside.. its simply impossible to host this w/o lagg but the worst thing is: its so fucking easy to glich! u dont even have to do something special when i  1st saw this corner i already knew there were a glich for sure!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 06:40:45 am by BBs|NiKLoT » Logged
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 09:43:14 am »

Niklot, there was a few of weeks this summer I was very active....three weeks ago. But mostly after midnight. However, your six months is a bit too much, since I played the game until long after last season ended. I disapeared just before my last exams, in the end of may.

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 11:40:49 am »

High caps are there to also balance the weapons. The weight of a hi-cap brings most of the lightweight super jumpy, short range weapons to a usable level. They are designed to be used with a hi-cap. The entire system was designed around this. No the stats arnt just there to look pretty. Thats the massive reason. By doing away with hi-caps you are pretty much doing away with half the weapons usability.

Theyve always been allowed theres never been a problem, Ive never witnessed anyone obsesivly spamming in a CB with them.

Plus theres the whole camper debate where no hi-caps totally do away with rushing but thats not really a factor.

Vick it was in no way directed at you personally and my coment on the admins was just me pointing out what Niklot was trying to get across.

As for harveys server well I see the rules are fine yet its down to him how he runs it he didnt ask everyone what the rules should be and im sure no-ones gonna try to oppose them because basicly its pointless for a few casual games. That doesnt make it auto-approved by everyone that joins.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 12:20:28 pm by core.Sinister » Logged
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 02:23:16 pm »

Nik, you also have to realize that its summer time. A good example is BFG. He  has been on vacation for about a month now. When he did come back (for his grandmothers funeral none the less) he was playing on Harvey's server. I haven't been playing because my cd drive has been broken for a few months, I can't install a clean version of RvS. I should be able to soon. Don't worry nik, there are many more RvS admins than we have ever had before, and once season xi, and the school year start, I think you'll be seeing most of them out playing. Even Mauti if we can convince him.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
NiKLoT

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 05:08:24 pm »

c'mon guys i didnt really want to fight about this... spike civic and u all, im sorry about my offense i just realized there are not much extremly active rvs admins.. and as u can c in lees stats list ther're not many admin listed up... well ok w/e lets stop this conversation about active yes or no, rvs admin yes or no... as i said im sure u guys gonna make good rules for the season! and i hope there will be some clans who'll need them cuz as i c the situation there are not many clans playing =(
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 05:08:55 pm »

You raise good points Sinister.

Like I said, this was only a thought by a few in the Admin section and was in no way meant to be perceived as a done-deal.  Statements like yours help greatly in clarifying the rules for our league.

Thank you.

And yes Nik, now that certain, "perstering elements" are no longer involved in the RvS ladder I'm sure you will be seeing alot more activity from the "GHR" clans, especially my own cO. who from what I've noticed almost now split our time between the two games equally....Especially Leen.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 10:07:29 pm »

Highcaps do not increase the speed of the game. When did you last play on Lee's server? Th game quality has increased since highcaps were taken away.

John Lennon
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 10:14:41 pm »

No offense taken Nik, and none meant. I think you'll see a larger number of *DAMN admins on the server report soon.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
c| King.of.Pop

The Thriller

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2005, 12:13:29 am »

Vickedson, i think the proposed rule change of making the cb's best 2 out of 3 matches, each match is best 4 out of 7 rounds is fantastic.  it should make for an overall speedier match.  good stuff

as for the high cap mag thing (and this isnt directed towards you Vickedson, just the community in general), im not so sure they should be banned.  its true that high cap mags actually make guns less stable, this is something that was designed into the game for realism.  so there is a sacrifice for using them.  one of them is that some guns dont have a scope, and if you ad a high cap mag you lose the scope.  its all pretty well designed in my opinion.  high cap mags are real.  what isnt real is heartbeat pucks, heartbeat sensors and jammers.   if you really want to ban anything thats "cheesy" it should be those. 

ive been playing in harvey's room lately, and to tell you the truth i only just realized that high caps were turned off.  and im still having just as much fun.  but i dont think that should really be decided on by DAMN.  If harvey wants it that way, then thats cool.  if you want high cap mags go somewhere else.  its about freedom, lets not take any of that way.  i dont understand how some people can say that certain preferences or style of play is "cheesy".  if you're not diggin the player who uses high cap mags or the way he plays....KILL HIM.  he can just as easily be killed with high cap mags on or off. 

lets not go too far with restrictions guys as far as the season is concerned.  its a video game.  its not social commentary.  and its not right to make people play a certain way just because you dont like thier high cap mags.  everyone has the right to host a public game anyway they want.  but i think restrcting high cap mags in cb's isnt needed.  and its not like the difference between a clan coming out on top or not in a cb was ever decided on by high cap mags.

Grammy award winning killer...
core.Sinister

Check your six!!

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2005, 12:20:53 am »

High-caps do not increase the speed of the game. When did you last play on Lee's server? Th game quality has increased since high-caps were taken away.

Hi-Caps have not been played in casual games for as long as I can remember not to mention harveys host. n00bs join casual games and spam we all know this. Its the reason they-re not there. Yet aside from all the snobbery and egotistical bs i fail to see any reasonable reason for them to be banned. Like I said before, as yet theres not been any cb moments I can think of where a players spammed excessively and the lagg argument is also a week one when youl rarely (if ever) play a CB with more than 8-10 players. So I see no reason for them to be banned.

its true that high cap mags actually make guns less stable, this is something that was designed into the game for realism.

They actually add stability. I guess the science is the extra weight of the mag holds the gun steadier
core.Flies

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2005, 02:34:28 am »

Should the upcoming CB´s end up being " Best 2 out of 3",
I just cant see how the splithosting should be dealt with.
Splithosting has always been an absolute "must" when playing CBs across the Atlantic.

Given this - I only fear it will spoil any chances for US- Euro CBs.

Clans might end up asking for all 3 maps to be played on one host - and the US-clans would prolly end up demanding them to be done on f.ex. Harvey´s host - and the Euro´s ?? I dunno.

Should admins really put this through, they might already prepare two leagues at the same time.
A us-league and a Euro one.

My personal opinion is, that it would be a shame to do.
But introducing this " best 2 out of 3 " thing is in reality doing same.

omg

| ! |  Flies

NiKLoT

« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2005, 03:16:13 pm »

what about we make a list, like in soccer or baseball or as in every sport every clan has to play an other twice,4,6 or w/e so always 1 cb is played in the clan x server and the next cb in clan y server. The list doesnt have to with time, date etc just to make sure every clan plays against all other clans and not that the dbl is decided by "who can win against the noob clans most". i think that would be a good solution oh and btw flies i know core is a euro only clan but bbs for exemple not we have euros and US guys so its not a good idea to make a euro and a US league well that 1 reason and there are tonnes of other too!

NiK
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads