*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:25:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Core will not take this sitting down...  (Read 3695 times)
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 06:29:57 am »

Flies, no one understands what the hell you are talking about. I didn't move your posts, or delete them, or modify your text. Why are you so paranoid?

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2005, 09:48:18 am »

having fun deleting all your posts on this forum, Flies? and why? you already trashed over 200 of 'em... and going on...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 10:44:16 am by z][t-Civic™ » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2005, 10:51:53 am »

well.... If i could actualy see what flies posted.. it would be nice........ but where did his post go?Huh??

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Civrock

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2005, 11:02:42 am »

to the spam sewage... with the other, so far, over 200 posts of him which he deleted himself. he's still at it, probably planning to delete all of his posts for whatever ridiculous reason. only about 650 or so more to go... Roll Eyes

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2005, 02:32:19 pm »

I can't and won't speak for Flies but I guess we are getting too old for this shit.

Don't get me wrong. WHEN we finally played the games were good. No camping, nice rushes.
It's just all the bs in front of the cb's that kills it for a lot of us. Like spending an hour waiting till someone shows up for a scheduled cb. Or people bluntly refusing to play on an Euro host because "they always lag".

But mb the most important reason for me to quit participating in this league is the regular season. We have tried over and over and over to get some cb's going but it just didn't happen. Were clans setup against us? Were they angry with us? Afraid? Tired? i have no clue. But if you spent more time online asking for cb's than actually getting cb's then there must be something wrong. And it's definately not the way we ask.

Don't get me wrong, I am not writing this down because we became 2nd in the SuperFinals. If we had won I would still have the same feelings.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 02:36:33 pm by l ! l Dutchman » Logged

One day I fly away
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2005, 03:34:11 pm »

Don't get me wrong. WHEN we finally played the games were good. No camping, nice rushes.

How do you think we felt? We played our CB against BBs just like we were supposed to, starting right around 9:20 and ending about 30 minutes later.

You're trying to play the role of the victim here. You guys forced DR to play much of the CB down a man, and the first 3 games on Flies' host, as "punishment" for being late. You won this CB 3-1 because of fucked up rules in the *DBL. Had you been the slightest bit reasonable and shown a little sportsmanship by dropping a player, making it 3v3, all of that bullshit could've been avoided. I haven't really heard any complaints about our CB, only that it was way late because you took forever with DR.

t happen. Were clans setup against us? Were they angry with us?

Yes and yes. I'll talk to you about that on GR.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2005, 03:54:25 pm »

t happen. Were clans setup against us? Were they angry with us?

Yes and yes. I'll talk to you about that on GR.

...  I'm curious to hear about that too..

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2005, 04:38:12 pm »

You guys forced DR to play much of the CB down a man, and the first 3 games on Flies' host, as "punishment" for being late.

Last time I reply to you Typhy. You claim to have only probs with Flies but yet you keep flaming Core and it's members. I am getting sick of it.

Last night you pm me to kiss my ass and saying you "only got probs with Flies and i respect you" and now you backstab me and the core clan by spreading lies about the cb against Dr.?

We waited a fucking hour for the cb to start without any complains from our side. The ADMINS (not us) forced us to play on Flies host and luckily for Dr. a 4th player showed up. After splitting the host (2-1 for us) 1 angry player left, forcing DR. to play the last map of the cb 1 man short. Thats 1 map out of 4 Typhy. i know you can't count properly but that's definately NOT "much of the cb" as you claim.

Watch it. And for the record, the player was only angry because his mother forced him off the computer
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 04:54:12 pm by dr.spike » Logged

One day I fly away
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2005, 04:52:46 pm »

Actually time wise spent dealing with that round it was the majority of the CB. The fact is it was the most important. A honourable thing to do would have been to drop a man. Imagine that.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2005, 04:56:32 pm »

Watch the flames, keep this on topic(whatever the hell that is)

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2005, 04:57:47 pm »

Lies? The only reason that DR would have to "stall" is beacuse they only had 3 players on and didn't want to start the CB down a man. Had you dropped a player that all could've been avoided.

The word "much" is defined as "great in quantity". 3 games were played with DR having a full team. The other 2 were to be played with DR down a man. Thus, 2/5ths of the CB. I would consider this "much" of the CB.

That said, regardless of how much time they played down a man, there is the simple fact that you made them do that. That showed a complete lack of sportsmanship. When we played you, it wasn't about us winning, it was about you losing. That was mostly because of the way you treated DR.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
l ! l Dutchman
*DAMN Supporter

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005, 05:23:12 pm »

Watch the flames, keep this on topic(whatever the hell that is)

i am just responding to the flames, not making them.

We are getting accused of mistreating the Dr.clan during the superfinals. If you would ask the admins from last night (Krush, Tigah and Static) together with the 4 players from the Dr. clan you will know the real situation.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 05:26:05 pm by l ! l Dutchman » Logged

One day I fly away
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2005, 05:28:57 pm »

I was in the admin room the entire time, and I was talking to the DR members everytime there was sa break in the CB.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2005, 05:52:07 pm »

I have had discussions with several drs in that CB. Their reaction was of course not very happy. The players were forced to play on your host for the majority of the CB and then when they get to their host, you refuse to drop a player so it becomes 3vs3. I fail to see where the discussion arises about the level of sportsmanship here.

The topic of this thread is core leaving DAMN. I suggest you do like you have decided and leave, lest this season be tarnished by your refusal to accept defeat and move on.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2005, 06:20:44 pm »

I was away the weekend and it seems I have missed something.

Typhy and Myst ethic isn't up for discussion here. Further following the admin reports so far - Core did everything right as did Po)| last weekend. Penalties were given out because the other clan missed to follow the rules. And I would say sportmanships starts with the point that you follow the rules. The beautiful thing on rules are that these aren't up for discussion.

So both stop your flames here, you are hereby warned. May you wanna discuss sportmanship in general in a seperate thread. For this thread it has no meaning.

The point of interest for the *DBL administration is, and may Dutchman you can answer this, why or what pissed Core off that much. Did the *DBL administration break a rule!? You gave us an indication why Core leaves the league but not what justifies Flies post and reaction.

If the clans can't agree on a host the normal setup is that the *DBL administration enforces a neutral host, with the best compromise for everyone. This procedure is the normal way and was already used for a few cbs so far, also in the last *DBL tournament.

So please enlighten us on Flies post - what doesn't Core accept!?Huh?

Regards,

Mauti
ps: a report about the dr. vs. Core round will follow asap. I just want to give all admins from yesterday the possibility to respond first. Static already wrote a basic summary.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2005, 06:22:42 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2005, 06:28:40 pm »

Thank you mauti for that. However I didn't see my posts as being anything but patient with Flies and his level of rudeness. But again thanks for dealing with the issue.

John Lennon
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2005, 09:17:38 pm »

Thanks Mauti for making things more clearer than ever  clapping hands

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2005, 11:26:01 pm »

Summary of the dr. vs Core round and penalty:

Written by Static - updated by Mauti, including Krush's informations:
I was present when the decision was made to move the host from the dr. server to the core server.  Krush and my self disussed many options including the one Mauti used last weekend.  The fact is core had all 4 players ready to compete at 1330 EST. dr. only had 3.  Core agreed to give dr. 10 minutes to get a 4th player ready to go, no one showed up.  At approx. 1345 krush and myself told dr. they would have to play short handed or forfiet the match.  At 1352 dr. opened the host and all players entered for a 4v3.  The room never started the lagtest or rounds till 1400.  For the next 20 minutes dr. messed around NOT doing lagtest and saying they where having KDX issues.  At this time krush and myself decided that dr. was stalling inorder to give the 4th player time to get on.  As a result of this behavior krush and myself gave core the option to open a room and host the first half of the cb and also imposed a penelty of giving core the first 3 matches instead of teh normal 2.  Core agreed and opened the room.  dr. was told the penalty and they agreed.  Upon the cb starting and the because lack of time remaining (about 50 minutes), krush and myself also discussed a further penalty to dr. of if the match ended in a tie at the end of the alotted time frame, 1530 EST,  that core would be the victors.  For some reason dr. was never told this further penalty. A mistake from the *DBL admins, so the clanbattle was completely played out, and ended 3 - 1 - 0 Core winning.

The final round was Core vs. MP5

Written by Krush - modified by Mauti
Alright, after the dr. cb it was nearly 9:46pm CET.  Core asked if they could possibly play the final game tomorrow, MP5 coutered by saying that they cannot be on tommorow because of work.  We agreed that we cannot change the time schedule now, since clans sometimes schedule ahead of time to be on a certain day and time.  Core had no complaints but then requested that the cb be played on split hosts, first two matches on MP5's server and last 3 on cores server.  We tested all of the servers, MP5 got 350+ ping on Flies server (I had 492) and core received pings from 250 on down on MP5's east coast server.  No host could be decided on and Aramarth showed up in perfect timing both clans agreed on this server. A standard procedure if clans can't agree on a host as written down in the *DBL rules.

The game ended 3 - 0 - 0. Then this thread was started. The *DBL administration still stumbles in the dark what would justify Flies reaction. The *DBL administration is here to guarantee that everyone follows the rules and can play in a protected and agreed environment. This task was successfully fullfilled in both SuperFinals. However we can't regulate emotions, so may we fight on lost ground here.

Regards,

*DAMN Mauti

since 13th June 2000
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2005, 03:13:25 am »

I apologize to the community for letting my emotions get in the way of my reason. I congratulate Mp5 on their success and I hope core finds success and much killing at whatever league they go on to.

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2005, 09:01:20 am »

Alright the *DBL administration received a long and detailed email from Flies. With this email we take this case itself as closed. All winners will be announced later today and the *DBL admin team is starting preparations for the upcoming season.

Regards,

*DAMN Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads