*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:17:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  *DAMN Battle League(*DBL) (Moderators: BTs_Mysterio, *DAMN Hazard, BFG, Civrock, BTs_GhostSniper, ~Po~ TiroFino, [a] LYNX, Phara, mesa)
| | |-+  No cb.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No cb.  (Read 4413 times)
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« on: February 15, 2005, 12:00:18 pm »

After trying for 14 days to get a cb, we only managed to play 3 cbs against new clans. Not good enough. We have had rooms open requesting cbs, we have asked everyone, then we asked everyone again.

The only clan willing to cb whenever they have guys online has been [?], and I thank you for that. That’s the way it should be. This league is damaged by a way to overcalculated style of play. No clans are willing to risk anything. (Eg. -ViP-PUNISHER: We have no reason to play.). The point of the sheep system is that you can bet 1 sheep if you don’t think you have a good chance of winning. I don’t care about playing 1 sheep cbs...I just want to play.

Every clan is allowed to cb other clans 8 times, as far as i remember. So maybe we could play some games without you having your A-team or in between your homework or the very frequent meals you eat.

I know I’m a bitch, but I just want to enjoy the game we all love, and play some good cbs.

Please tell me I’m wrong.

Mags
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:32:44 pm by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 03:12:37 pm »

If you really just want to play, then come on in to one of my FFA rooms!  Every night I get on and absolutely BEG everyone I see online to come play an FFA Ladder Game.  I love it.  I just love to play Ghost Recon in a competitive environment without all the bullshit that goes along with a Team CB (nothing against team gaming, but all the lag tests, host swaps, rule challenges, etc, really annoy me...lol).

So, if you want to play in a competitive environment, come to me!

You know you want it....it's smooth, creamy, and delicious....IT'S FFA!  w00t!

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 03:29:39 pm »

Thanks for adding those extra comments Flies. True all of them.

Good to hear that you’re always rdy to play GS...I will see what i can do.  clapping hands
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:35:16 pm by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

cO.Vickedson

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 04:13:46 pm »

Well said Mags...esp the part about why the superfinals are so important and necessary.....  I have no doubt we will find out in the end who the best Ghr/RVS clans are and that is all due to the superfinals setup.

Back to the topic...I and all my clanmates want to get something going with z][t asap.  Unfortunately all that's really been available so far has been cqb's but let's shoot for this weekend for a team cb.

My mom is coming on Saturday to go see those stupid gates in Central Park, haha.....so let's try for later in the day on Sunday.....5 EST or so?  I'll talk to the rest of my crew.

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:39:53 pm »

your too sexy to cb mags,
our clans are on at completly different times.. (we being the late night US clan)

is it 2008 yet?
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 11:36:42 pm »

I know I’m a bitch, but I just want to enjoy the game we all love, and play some good cbs.

I don't know about you guys but I have so much more fun just us :MoD: guys fucking around in multiplayer games.  Maybe we're just weird but I've never laughed so hard in some of our AS games with support only.  Maybe I'm just not competitive enough but cb's just aren't fun anymore.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 12:11:18 am »

Nice idea Shade, next time we are 3 *DAMNs online let's do a AS CTE cb with support only  lol

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 02:11:08 am »

sounds good mauti - perhaps even we could try a 3 way CTE ?  couple of us werre tlaking about trying to organise a 4 way GhR team Cb tonight if thats possible - suggested kit restrictions would be removing all GL's from the match etc to avoid massive spawn nading fests - and a probably some map restrictions to keep them big and fair - but if any clans are interested give us a shout and we'll see if we can get something organized!!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 09:03:21 am »

Maybe I'm just not competitive enough but cb's just aren't fun anymore.

Sad.

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 08:01:29 pm »

I have 2 ideas around the original issue:

CB MINIMUMS:
Install a system where teams have to complete a certain number of CBs by the half way point in the season. Teams that do not complete the minimum are dropped from competition... or at the very least, restricted from playing in the finals.

TEAM SIZE LIMIT:
This idea may start a rediculous thread of negative responses, but what about putting a cap on team sizes. More team of good players would, hopefully, create more teams willing to CB. I think the newer teams are intimidated by the whole sheep system.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 09:12:39 pm »

I think there already has been a thread discussing clan limits. Do a forum search.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 10:37:51 pm »

Sad.

That's your own personal opinion Mags, I was just stating what I belive and I know a few people in our clan who can back me up with this.

[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2005, 02:34:57 am »

I started, I think three threads all discussing the possible changes that could affect clan activity during mid season but only recieved negative responses...where were you guys?!?

nark?

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]
Ein

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2005, 03:40:26 am »

I have 2 ideas around the original issue:

CB MINIMUMS:
Install a system where teams have to complete a certain number of CBs by the half way point in the season. Teams that do not complete the minimum are dropped from competition... or at the very least, restricted from playing in the finals.

TEAM SIZE LIMIT:
This idea may start a rediculous thread of negative responses, but what about putting a cap on team sizes. More team of good players would, hopefully, create more teams willing to CB. I think the newer teams are intimidated by the whole sheep system.

OMG both great ideas... I remember suggesting something similar in another tread with nark and being shot down with such remarks as "stupid idea," and "I dont need to trouble myself because the admins will shoot it down deffinately."  As nark said, where were you guys?

Ein
Ein

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2005, 03:42:23 am »

and for those looking for that thread... here ya go. http://www.damnr6.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=7749.0
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 09:51:14 pm »

Sorry to hear that.... I know this season has seen [:] participate in some fantastic and friendly cbs with some great tactical gaming.

I must say that this year has been very enjoyable to cb clans have been very agreeable, for the most part.

I agree with T:  A player cap would create more clans, in theory.  But how can we bust up established clans with 15+ members?  I just wish that more players would make the decision to begin new clans and sustain them rather than joining established clans that have no need for the 11th and 12th players in order to cb.

[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 11:24:10 pm »

Ein,
Sorry...  I missed your thread before.

One of (the many) reasons I left *nrg was that the team was too big and we had a lot of hangers on. I was tired of busting my balls to bring the * up in rank and then seeing some guy who haddn't been on in weeks or, sometimes months wearing my tag. Or even worse, CBing and stupidly loosing the points (sheep) that I just won. Drove me nuts.

I see the same things happening with the other big clans. They have guys in their roster who are good, but aren't even in the same league their top 5 guys.

I think an 8 - 10 man cap would be a great new framework for the DBL. This would boost the number of good clans and make things more competetive. It's this type of thinking that I think DAMN should be considering when trying to build the competition level. They should not making up some overly complex sheep scoring system.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2005, 02:25:01 am »

Sorry to hear that.... I know this season has seen [:] participate in some fantastic and friendly cbs with some great tactical gaming.

Don't feel sorry, I guess it's just the way :MoD: is.. Wink

NiKLoT

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 01:14:04 pm »

No - I am not the one to say you are wrong - Welcome to reality Mag.
At least reality like it has been for ViRuS, and then later Core.

What you dont mention, but I would like to add, is also the hours and hours you spend on GR, in the desperate ffort to get a cb going. Your gaming nights fall apart - a good nights fun is slowly being replaced by endless chats with people dodging the option for a CB.

Since you end up talking more than game, you are really cold-starting, when someone suddenly say "yes" to cb (...but it has to start now, because my brothers mothers uncles little sister needs help in eating her ice cream, and i promised to help her....) and all in all, the situation you are describing mirrors pretty much what Core felt in the last half year or so, when we participated on the Ghost Recon ladder.

If you tried to make a scheduled cb, they just said :
"Sry, we dont do scheduled CBs".
If you tried to go for the cb right off, they said: "Sry, we dont have the right ppl online".
But in short:

No clan wanted to CB.

Unfortunately this pattern seem to have somewhat "infected"
the Raven Shield and AS team ladder as well.

Best regards
| ! |  Flies

well dear flies we r a clan of a / age of about 17 years! so most of us r still living at parents house!  + we have to follow the plans of our parents. i dont know what im doing 3 days later maybe im out or anything..

and could i remember u that it took about 40 min untill we could cb even if 4 cores were online  Grin anyway hope to cya in cb soon and win again Grin
NiKLoT

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 05:25:00 am »

lol flies that wasnt an offense =) god dont take so siriously Sniper
planning is cool but not already now. Planning is something for the adults wallbashing im living the day as he comes  Grin

C: Same Members same hosts but not same bet =)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 01:26:25 pm by BBs|NiKLoT » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads