*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 04:51:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: All-Star Games date to be set  (Read 3564 times)
Brutha
Forum Whore

Assumption is the brother of all fuck ups

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2004, 03:35:23 pm »

Looks great, and the teams look like they could get quite even too. Have fun all who get to play that game. Smiley

Act beautifully, not dutyfully!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2004, 03:42:00 pm »

What is  12 CST in GMT?

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2004, 06:26:43 pm »

10 pm gmt

<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2004, 06:29:05 am »

I've thought more about this, and to be honest - is the top 10 clans in the BL a true representation of "All-Stars"? I thought this was supposed to be a game with "individual" star players, not about clans as a whole, which the BL ladder is more of a representation of, rather than individual player abilities. I mean, don't forget about those players who are in clans that are on the bottom of the ladder, but are excellent players -only their "team" as a whole haven't done so well.  Also, there are quite a few players that are stars, but not in clans (i.e. Bootsy)......are we just going to forget about them now? Another thing to think about - Each clan is limited to how many members can participate and some clans have more than 1 or 2 players that are stars.

However, apart from using the BL ladder, I'm not quite sure how we would go about deciding who participates. We definately don't want it to be a popularity contest -I would win hands down!! Grin, lol jk. Perhaps we could have a server that could host more players? or have not just one, but a few All-Star servers! which means we could have more teams. And why don't we just make a big party of it! have an All-Stars night! Ok Ok maybe I'm going over-board. I just imagined the All-Star game to be a lot different.

Another idea just popped into my head -To make things simplier, we could all just meet at the proposed time and maybe a few people that can host well with 12+ servers make themselves available for the occasion. All clan leaders notify their top players with a password and during the week the clan leaders (only) invite non-clan players they feel should participate.  This way there could be no set teams (although clans should play together with their fellow clan members), there won't be a limit to how many clan members can particate, only a limit to 2 per team perhaps.

I dunno if my suggestions will work, but it means there is no obligation for players to be available for the games. If Clan leaders aren't too bias, then we'll have a good representation of the top players in clans and a good selection of non-clan players too. Having more servers, means more teams and lots more fun too! Perhaps I have mentioned this all a bit too late for this All-Star game, but I'll organize another one if I have to! Feedback on my suggestions would be appreciated too.

Tigah  Wink
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 06:53:22 am by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Civrock
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2004, 12:26:08 pm »

as far as i understood... this is about the BL all-stars. that means people who participated in this league... that excludes non-clan players. and about those "excellent" players in clans on the botton of the ladder... why are they in this low clans then? and if they're that excellent... why didn't they help their clans to advance higher? Wink

besides, i think that players in clans are the better ones anyways... simple reason: non-clan player might be good individuals... but palyers who have clan-experience know how to play in team. this is an important factor.

i think it's good as it is.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 12:27:04 pm by z][t-Civic? » Logged

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2004, 12:49:56 pm »

want about that nonclan ffa players that are pritty good

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Civrock

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2004, 12:56:05 pm »

all the high ranked players on the FFA ladder are in clans.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2004, 01:01:33 pm »

True.... but i dont care.. I'm not playing in the all star game anyway.........

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2004, 01:53:12 pm »

as far as i understood... this is about the BL all-stars. that means people who participated in this league... that excludes non-clan players. and about those "excellent" players in clans on the botton of the ladder... why are they in this low clans then? and if they're that excellent... why didn't they help their clans to advance higher? Wink

Read this http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=6951

Where does it say "BL all-stars"? and as far as I understood, non-clanners were supposed to be included -

NEW NOTICE:

Non-Clanners are now allowed to be in
There will be 8 non-clanner nominees
If you are not in a clan and want to be a nominee, post your name and Gameranger number here.
With adding 8 non-clanners, clans may now only submit 7 people from each clan to be on the nominations list.

:MoD:DarK.

As far as excellent players are concerned -there are lots of reasons why some clans are on the bottom of the ladder. Be it bad luck, bad betting, few cb's played because of clan members being inactive etc etc. Not necessarily that they are any worse than some of the top placed clans. And not every clan has been together for a long time, so team work takes time to develop.

Players in clans are not necessarily the better ones - some of the really good non-clanners chose to be non-clanners and I know of some that were clanless because of bad clan experiences etc. It's actually apart of the muliplayer experience to play as part of a team, and i bet some of these non-clanners play just as good, if not better in a team. I just thought this would be more of a Gameranger/Community type game. And as it stands, I believe there will be a lot of true stars that will miss out.

Anyway, if the non-clanners and players in the lower placed clans can't participate, is there anyone that can host for 20 players? that way all 10 clans can have 2 players each.

Tigah  Wink
« Last Edit: October 10, 2004, 01:59:01 pm by [a] Red Tigah » Logged

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2004, 03:25:45 pm »

This whole thing is too concentrated on not stepping on any toes, rather than acctually getting the best players on two teams.

Back in the days BTs_Dragon started a mac clan on a PC ladder, it was called [mac] or something, it wasen't involved in DAMN* in anyway, thus he could invite players from whatever clan he saw fit, AKA. his oppinion of the best players. He only invited Euro players though, so it was a mac euro dream team. And the roster was pretty damn impressive. Only problem was that he haden't informed the guys he "recruited" before adding them  Grin that "clan" never cb'd anyone, but the roster never the less was a dreamteam.

My suggestion is: Europe and USA both vote a captain, that captain picks a team of 7 players, so himself +6. Period. Simple huh.. . Or maybe western hemisphere vs eastern hemisphere. Atleast have something to fight rather than team1 vs team2 Smiley

Ofcourse this would piss off alot of people. Also it could end in that the captain just picks his own clan members and buddies if the captain voted isnt suitable for the job.

Just a thought.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2004, 04:17:14 pm »

lol i'd forgotten about that.... Comedy dragon and his [mac]clan

Dragon:    "oh yeah i made a clan and your in it"
BFG:         "what?"
Dragon:   "Im getting all of the top Euro guys together...."
BFG:         "What? Were you planning on telling us?

Yeah the roster was good, hell if we had got that group of players into one team it would have been quite somthing. Would have helped to ask the players first though...........

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2004, 04:21:15 pm »

True Joka...very true.

In stead of using the season 9 ladder as a guide to who the best is, I say that we make a vote in the forum.
People get nominated and the vote can begin. That way we get to see the top players as voted by the community and not players which have played most cbs in this particular season.

As far as the nomination goes...I don?t know exactly how that should work.
Maybe each clan leader can nominate 3 players from different clans?

Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2004, 05:46:32 pm »

Quote: "as far as i understood... this is about the BL all-stars. that means people who participated in this league... that excludes non-clan players. and about those "excellent" players in clans on the botton of the ladder... why are they in this low clans then? and if they're that excellent... why didn't they help their clans to advance higher? besides, i think that players in clans are the better ones anyways... simple reason: non-clan player might be good individuals... but palyers who have clan-experience know how to play in team. this is an important factor.
i think it's good as it is."

Thats a pretty smug and arrogant statement there Civic. After all.. it is a Team that pulls it's weight.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
Civrock

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2004, 05:57:27 pm »

of course it is "a team that pulls its weight"... but this all-star stuff is about individuals mainly who participate in the *DBL. to the point, it'd be pretty hard and complicated to try to choose the real all-stars... it's easier to simply take the, here, 10 highest ranked clans and let em send their  (2 or 1, in this case) best players. everything else is just unnecessarily complicated, in my opinion. Smiley

well, anyways... i'm not a supporter of nor against this all-star games stuff... i don't really care what happens as long as it's uncomplicated, fun and doesn't lead to flames or similar.

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2004, 02:39:40 am »

We are going to keep the "team one team two" format for this All-Star game, maybe in the future we will change it but for now top four clans send two and the others will send one.  By the way, the clans that are mentioned in my earlier post will send two if they get too and one if they get too, the teams are set and the top fout stated previously will send two no matter what.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
<82ndAB>Tigah
Forum Whore

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2004, 03:03:54 am »

By the way, the clans that are mentioned in my earlier post will send two if they get too and one if they get too, the teams are set and the top fout stated previously will send two no matter what.

Ummm so does that mean if we can get a bigger server, the bottom 6 clans might be able to send 2 players as well? Cheesy

GRRRRRRRRRRRR
cO.Vickedson

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2004, 03:53:38 am »

and about those "excellent" players in clans on the botton of the ladder... why are they in this low clans then? and if they're that excellent... why didn't they help their clans to advance higher? Wink

Maybe it's because some of those clans will cb anyone at anytime regardless of whether or not their "best" players are on or what kind of "pings" they may be getting because playing ghost recon online over the Internet should be more about having a good time and not worrying about winning at all cost at all times...

just a thought.

Wink

"...........dodge this......|wham|!?"
matt_jh
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2004, 05:35:41 am »

If you want to try to avoid pissing off non claners or low ranked clans, why not have a game based on the FFA ladder drawen form people with no clan or a low ranked clan.
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2004, 02:43:55 pm »

If you want to try to avoid pissing off non claners or low ranked clans, why not have a game based on the FFA ladder drawen form people with no clan or a low ranked clan.

Because some choose to avoid the ffa ladder, like myself. I don't get any enjoyment when I do not have a team to fight for. Does this mean I can't be an all-star?

@tigah: as far as I know, they planned on using my server. The number of players is not an issue on the server end. Wink However, the players will be the ones who need to limit the team size. The simple fact is, nf and kdx eat your bandwidth like a fat guy eats french fries. When you hit about 7 people per team, you can lag on any server built by man (b/c it isn't the server!).

Two fixes: better discipline on the voicecoms (which I have failed to get my clan to use, let alone a bunch of people I may or may not know) or a com system with better netcode (GR voice is far better on bandwidth, but it does mean people can't get out of paying some $$).

Result is: smaller game.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
Brutha
Forum Whore

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2004, 08:37:45 pm »

I think that the system we are going with is fair enough. Because, if we go with euro vs americans chosen by one captain from each continent we have a problem. Who decides who the captain is? I smell a lot of burnt forum from that discussion. This is fair enough.

What about non clanners? Why should we bother about them? there's a major difference from skills in CB's and fun games. Do you see any hockey players outside NHL getting a chance in the all star game there?

Opening for 2 players from the last 6 clans? Why? Should not the teams that have been better and even more active get some reward for their job well done? Consider if :MoD: did 3 matches, won them and was at 7th place(as if) and [a] was at top with 20 matches played. Don't you think it would be more fair that they should get to send one more to the all star game? I do, and thats why I think the system that Dark has drafted is more fair.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads