*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 07:52:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: sheep...not as good as you thought?  (Read 4342 times)
volatile
« on: September 26, 2004, 04:14:47 am »

Well this goes for me...I think this sheep idea is really dumb. First of all people can just bet all their sheep befor ethe season ends cuz they have nothign to lose. .iP. had 1 sheep left on the cqb ladder, somehow they cbed ViP and won 85 sheep, making all of their losses meaningless. Me and crypt are in a 2 person CQB clan (S&C), we are careful in our cbs and work hard to win. We don't bet many sheep because we dont want to lose it all. Maybe thats our fault for playing non-noob clans but thats what we do. We can just as simply play a bad clan nd bet 100 sheep (woohoo we jsut won the season). On the same note .iP. just cbed  ViP in siege also! and guess for how many sheep...uhh 100. People are takign advantage of the sheep idea and I dont know what you say, but in my opinion this idea isnt fair.

On the other hand we look at the point system. You get more points for beating clans higher on the list, which makes sense because the higher they are on the ladder the better they are. Lets say you want to take advantage of a noob clan, you can cb them many times, which will be MUCH more work for you and just a waste of time because you wont earn many points. Thats my opinion don't flame me for this, just wanted to say my share on this
volatile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 04:19:30 am »

Sorry for double post but i just wanted to say that i was in no means pointing anyfingers at .iP. (just giving examples)

This topic was similar to Crypt's, I just noticed, but admins just leave it up, it wont hurt.
BTs_Mysterio
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 05:24:50 am »

Both clans agree on sheep bets. There is no taking advantage when they have to agree. If you are too cowardly to do a larger bet then you can settle for whatever place that puts you. Btw, don't fire back with stuff like "noob clans don't know what they are doing when they bet high" because any clan that signs up for this ladder should know how it works, if they don't that is their fault.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 05:27:36 am by Mysterio » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
volatile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 05:36:00 am »

Both clans agree on sheep bets. There is no taking advantage when they have to agree. If you are too cowardly to do a larger bet then you can settle for whatever place that puts you. Btw, don't fire back with stuff like "noob clans don't know what they are doing when they bet high" because any clan that signs up for this ladder should know how it works, if they don't that is their fault.

Ok, Myst maybe you should take some time to actually read this. First of all who cares if both clans agree, the point is that asshole clans take advantage of noob(NEW) clans. When I say noob I don't mean they dont know the rules. Im not naming anyone here, but lets put it this way...clans that are not good at the game. Both you and I know there are those types of clans, where you feel secure to bet many sheep agaisnt. S&C doesn't take advantage of that shit and we play both godo and bad clans for fair amont of sheep (5-10). See we do all that hard work.....meanwhile another clan can cb one time for 90 sheep agaisnt a clan THEY KNOW, that they will dominate with no problem. That is the point I am tryign to prove. Take some time and put some thought into it.

myst...don't fire back with stuff like "noob clans don't know what they are doing when they bet high"   -  HuhHuh?? I never even said that.
volatile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 05:37:43 am »

the fuck...I didn't post that twice, bug or something..pls delete the first one admins

done
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 11:05:22 pm by :MoD: BFG » Logged
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2004, 05:43:44 am »

Sar, if they know what they are doing, they chose to make that bet. Them being bad at a game has nothing to do with their brain development (most of the time). They can still reject any sheep amount any time they want to. If they want to go up to 100, 150, even 200 and they both agree and understand then so be it, you just have to work harder to get up there. This is the most fun I've had in any season and it's because of the risk factor of sheep.

Either way you can say the same thing you said in the last post re-worded now... the end of my post is your cue right? All this looks like is a S&C complain fest.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 08:23:09 am »

S&C doesn't take advantage of that shit and we play both good and bad clans for fair amont of sheep (5-10).
Sar - Who's to say that 5-10 sheep is the "fair" amount?  Is this a number that you have just pulled out of your hat?  If I said I think 50-70 sheep is the fair amount, it wouldn't be any less valid would it?

This league isn't about being fair, it's about competing.  If you win, you get sheep.  If you don't, you lose sheep - and if you won't accept that then don't cb at all.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 08:24:13 am by Gabe » Logged

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 08:49:15 am »

more on this issue over @ http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=7188

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
[a] LYNX

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 01:29:30 pm »

the 4th thread in one week by an active player about the sheep's cheap tricks. i guess it would be appreciated to at least know an dbl-admin read these complaints.

a not so serious quesition: so, does the dbl support that any serious team holds himself one or more fake teams just for the sake of winning? fun in cb's and winning by the most fake submissions?

[a] LYNX
volatile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 04:38:24 pm »

I'm surprised Gabe, and Myst, ok if you put it that way me and crypt are gonna find a clan that comes on once a week and take 100 sheep from them, cool! we just won the ladder too. I also think its kind of weird how .ip. had 1 sheep and bet 85...
Lets just cb a clan that has 5 sheep left for 100 cuz if they lose they can only lose 5 sheep hmm.

Like i said, my main problem with this is the fact that people can go through this whole cb with a good clan, win say...15 sheep and another clan beats a noob clan and wins 60 sheep. I know the argument for this will be, oh just bet more sheep...but everyone here knows they would not risk many sheep.

Myst, you only play RvS. Not to brag but that game is not hard. Everyone is good at RvS now. Maybe some people are slightly better than others, but many people are at a high level now.
On the other hand Ghost Recon has been out for 3 years or so...and STILL there are mant people that are not good at all. What im saying is those people just make a clan. Now a good clan just challenges them to  a cb knowing they will win. Lets play for 50 sheep. Now the noob clan just wants to cb, and they are not familiar with the DBL, so they say "sure why not"

there you go
volatile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 04:40:31 pm »

S&C doesn't take advantage of that shit and we play both good and bad clans for fair amont of sheep (5-10).
Sar - Who's to say that 5-10 sheep is the "fair" amount?  Is this a number that you have just pulled out of your hat?  If I said I think 50-70 sheep is the fair amount, it wouldn't be any less valid would it?

This league isn't about being fair, it's about competing.  If you win, you get sheep.  If you don't, you lose sheep - and if you won't accept that then don't cb at all.

50-70? well if you want to cbtwice this season, have fun
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 05:40:00 pm »

I'm surprised Gabe, and Myst, ok if you put it that way me and crypt are gonna find a clan that comes on once a week and take 100 sheep from them, cool! we just won the ladder too. I also think its kind of weird how .ip. had 1 sheep and bet 85...

No sar. You are using one example of a weird set of clan battles. MP5 hasn't done any battles above 25 (I don't think even that) and we were the first clan on any ladder to hit 200.

Lets just cb a clan that has 5 sheep left for 100 cuz if they lose they can only lose 5 sheep hmm.

What was that aiming at?

Like i said, my main problem with this is the fact that people can go through this whole cb with a good clan, win say...15 sheep and another clan beats a noob clan and wins 60 sheep. I know the argument for this will be, oh just bet more sheep...but everyone here knows they would not risk many sheep.

Actually sar, we are going to be playing former champions of RvS in a very large sheep clan battle.

Myst, you only play RvS. Not to brag but that game is not hard. Everyone is good at RvS now. Maybe some people are slightly better than others, but many people are at a high level now.

Actually sar, that's just your bias talking and this alone could discredit all your arguments. There are many clans who suck at RvS and less that are good. You think that you say or are you just blinded by making a lame point?

On the other hand Ghost Recon has been out for 3 years or so...and STILL there are mant people that are not good at all. What im saying is those people just make a clan. Now a good clan just challenges them to  a cb knowing they will win. Lets play for 50 sheep. Now the noob clan just wants to cb, and they are not familiar with the DBL, so they say "sure why not"

Point one, see above. Point two, if they don't know what they are doing they deserve what they get.

John Lennon
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 05:42:16 pm »

the 4th thread in one week by an active player about the sheep's cheap tricks. i guess it would be appreciated to at least know an dbl-admin read these complaints.

a not so serious quesition: so, does the dbl support that any serious team holds himself one or more fake teams just for the sake of winning? fun in cb's and winning by the most fake submissions?

Point one, I see 2 threads. Point two, just what are you talking about?

John Lennon
bill
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 05:54:14 pm »

final point being... mysterio is emo and a moron.
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 06:21:25 pm »

final point being... mysterio is emo and a moron.
^You know you're cool when^

John Lennon
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004, 09:19:54 pm »

iP could bet more sheep than they actually had? If so: sux

And guys... Finals are top 8. Let em cb for 1000 sheep... doesn't matter too much. The best clan WILL win in the end.

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004, 09:32:21 pm »

WHEN - did we do that acri?

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
Acri

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 09:34:10 pm »

Mb I just misunderstood sar's post. I heard you had 1 sheep and bet 85? no offence intended. I just hope people CANT bet more than they have.

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 09:35:40 pm »

Odds were 1vs 85.

John Lennon
Acri

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2004, 09:36:04 pm »

[9:35 PM] .iP. Stripes: yeah, we told em we dont got many sheep
[9:35 PM] z][t-Acri: You bet 1 vs 85?
[9:35 PM] .iP. Stripes: even with siege
[9:35 PM] .iP. Stripes: yes.

wow

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads