*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:50:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Proposal for a limit on Sheep bets.  (Read 3354 times)
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« on: September 25, 2004, 04:17:05 pm »

Well, I don't have a long ass post to submit here, but I think it's necessary, I won't post a poll because that wouldn't be very accurate. Anyway here goes:

Well, my feelings on the situation is that a clan has nothing to worry about losing to the top clans. This is a good thing, but not when the losing clan can get right back to the top by playing some lesser informed and lower skilled clans. I'm not going to mention any names in my proposal, but I think some of you know what I'm talking about.

Say on the last day of the season, team ABC hasn't been doing particularly well during the course of the season, and that same team bets the maximum amount of sheep that the team 123(an inactive or noob clan) has. Obviously this team won't care because it's the last day and all. So team ABC wins, and drops whoever is in 8th place (lets say XYZ) out of the drawing for the finals. Let's assume that the team in 8th place had a pretty soft cushion between them and team ABC, one that is slightly less than the amount of sheep bet in the cb between ABC and 123. Now we all know that this will put ABC in 8th and put the original 8th place team XYZ into 9th. Now the whole season has gone to waste for XYZ.

I also think that it is just plain wrong to be putting the clans without as much renown and skill almost out of the drawing from the start. Come on guys, we're more mature than that. This league is about fair competition, lets keep it that way.

Cheers,
CRYPT

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 05:49:07 pm »

Unfortunately, Crypt, this is the way they wanted it.? They WANTED this to be a possibility from the very start.? I didn't like it either, and I know a whole lot of other people don't like it.? But in a way, it really is a dictatorship here, in that the community hardly ever gets to vote on anything of importance for the Battle League.? This is more like OF the People, and FOR the People....as long as it's what the people in charge want.? Not exactly a democracy.? But then again, the people in Europe who are running this thing don't have much of a grasp for democracy anyway.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 11:41:25 am by :MoD: BFG » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 07:24:55 pm »

I hope ur not talking about us... they proposed that number and who would be silly enough to say no... anyway crypt I see where you are going with that.  Ghost sniper... could u be any more biasd? And since when was a gaming community a democracy... when was the last time we voted on an admin?  This is not for us to decide.  Its not life, its a game.  lets not go near anything saying "america is the best" because we have a democracy.  Cmon Ghost lets try and keep this civil.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 07:40:43 pm »

Democracy is best for the public good. Everyone knows that. Maybe they did ask you, but if there was a limit, this would not happen. Either way, my vote is for a 20 sheep limit per cb, but you would still then just bet 20 sheep for 5 cb's in a row.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
cO.Kuza

because we call blunts bleezies

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2004, 10:04:15 pm »

Crypt i agree, betting 50 sheep on a cb just takes the fun out of the ladder. Most clans are to afraid to bet a large amount of points because they are scared of running out, so it would seem impossible to catch up to the clan in 1st place.

is it 2008 yet?
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2004, 11:43:18 pm »

The fact that .iP. won 100 sheep on a single cb against VIP makes me sick. And then the "clanleader" of VIP leaves right after...I wanna puke.
This system is not a good idea. That must be obvious now to everyone.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 11:55:08 pm by BTs_Magnetic » Logged

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2004, 11:57:26 pm »

the thing is, ViP came to us and wanted to go all 100/100 - we had no problems with it. - and we actually had fun in that siege cb .

i heard ViP did 50 cuz it was their last chance to get in the *DAMN BL, that must be alright if they wanna do what they wanna do!

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2004, 12:18:22 am »

This system would be great if the players in it would respect it and not abuse it like they are.

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 12:18:25 am »

we actually had fun in that siege cb .

LOL...ok if you had fun, then the 100 sheeps are ok. My bad.

BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 01:39:03 am »

the thing is, ViP came to us and wanted to go all 100/100 - we had no problems with it. - and we actually had fun in that siege cb .

i heard ViP did 50 cuz it was their last chance to get in the *DAMN BL, that must be alright if they wanna do what they wanna do!

The thing is, looking at who the clan is, and that Stripes is in it, I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some backroom agreement for a loss.[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2004, 12:05:17 pm »

GS why don't u go blame MoD too ? - stop fucking insulting go ask ViP about if they wanted or not! or w/e ur inulsting about.

and were not only taking points from nOOb clans if it it that u think.

we've won 2 times over BTs_. (example).

• - Stripes - •

pink rat
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2004, 12:10:52 pm »

that's just about abusing the system stripes , and admit that it's kinda what you're doing ...

you'd never bet 100 sheeps vs any other clans
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2004, 12:57:58 pm »

But then again, the people in Europe who are running this thing don't have much of a grasp for democracy anyway.[/size]

Rofl  Grin

On the subject.. .

There will never be a flawless point-system. This has pro's compared to the old system, one of them being that it encourages cb'ing.. . Which in my mind outweighs the con that someone might "abuse" it to get temporarly on the first spot.

When the season ends people will know who earned to be where they are and who didn't.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2004, 04:00:45 pm »

Rat, Joka came to us earlier today and asked us for 100 siege cb. i said yes, we just needed to uber come online.

when uber came online, we was ready but joka had no players to play with.

so, that's a lie rat.

• - Stripes - •

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2004, 04:13:46 pm »

I'd just like to say that it was ViP who came to .iP. and us asking for 50 and 100 sheep cb's.  We did not force them to play it was them who wanted to.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2004, 06:51:16 pm »

:mOD: u mean ?

even we asked VIP if they were sure on it, cuz if we won they would be out of ladder.! ( all ) and then disbanded from playing in season 9.

but ofc if we lost we had our team ladder to work on.

• - Stripes - •

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2004, 07:29:48 pm »

i don't even wanna post here anymore... cuz this leads NO WHERE.

• - Stripes - •

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2004, 11:41:59 pm »

MoD you know for a fact that you would not play a well known clan that might be as good or better than you for that many sheep. It's ridiculous. Same with iP.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2004, 11:51:40 pm »

... and crypt you know for a fact if  ViP came to you aksing for 50  sheep cb you would play them.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2004, 12:42:23 am »

No I don't, I don't like following others footsteps which I don't agree with, I don't care about winning the ladder that much.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads