*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 03:51:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan -fA- Banned from Season VIII  (Read 6546 times)
Noto
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2004, 07:16:16 pm »

oh and btw when we used sar he was allowed 2 cb from Toxic:: we got an agreement from em.

Stripes, I'll try to make this clear.

*DAMN Battle League Rules v2.5, General Game Rules, Rule 28: Rules concerning TIME LIMIT and DEFAULT NUMBER OF GAMES can be modified if both clans agree to it.

There are also other rules that state they can be altered if clans reach an agreement to alter that particular rule.

*DAMN Battle League Rules v2.5, General Game Rules, Rule 2: Only members of the clans involved may participate in a CB. A player cannot be a member of two clans that are registered on the same ladder. Furthermore, a player has to be in a clan for at least one week before he or she can play in a CB. During the finals, you can only CB with players that you have recruited during the main season. All players must register with the Battle League and must be added to the clan by their clan leader.

This rule, as with many others, are not able to be altered by a simple agreement between clans.  This is very clear as well.  It has never been "okay" to do this since the rule was specifically written to prevent "clan jumpers" from clan battling one day with one tag, then battling the next day with a different, and so on.  The week long ban for those new members has been in the rules for many, many seasons now and has always been enforced when found to be breached by a clan.

I know it seems like a harsh penalty to be banned for something so simple, but the circumstances surrounding your clan and its warning points were made clear at the beginning of the season.  At the least, you could have consulted an Admin before going to any CB with an ineligible player.

In regards to the remarks about cheating, these final warning points had nothing to do with cheating by -fA- sar of -fA- Doc.  These two players were ineligible from playing in CB's with the -fA- clan for a period of one week.  These players, however, did play in a CB (two for -fA- sar) during this week long period and with full knowledge of the clan's leader, which is responsible for the actions of their clan as stated in the *DAMN Battle League Rules v2.5, General Game Rules, Rule 23: The clan?s leader is responsible for the acts of the clan?s members. If a CB is played without the leaders consent it will still be counted. Also, on individual violations, it is the responsibility of the clan leader to punish his clan members for misdeeds. If sufficient punishment is not given the clan will be held responsible for the act.

In closing:

*DAMN Battle League Rules v2.5, General Game Rules, Rule 21: *DAMN reserves the right to remove or ban any clan or player.

.::|N| Noto
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2004, 07:52:12 pm »

No he wasn't allowed. It is an non optional rule whether you or toxic minded or not. A player Must be a clan member for at least a week before being allowed to cb for that clan.

Didn't know that, I'll remember that in the future.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2004, 08:14:35 pm »

ok guys, we'll ok i got the msg - nothing 2 do just thx for your time and the games you all..

oh and joka not your fault my and fA's fault - i just though there was a rule about this but fuck it  gl all in future cya.

Stripes

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
th.Sentinel

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2004, 10:30:42 pm »

oh and btw when we used sar he was allowed 2 cb from Toxic:: we got an agreement from em.

After you said: No Sar, No CB... We don't need the points, you do.

Sounds more like a blackmail then an agreement.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2004, 10:56:58 pm »

This is not a thread for spam. If there is nothing constructive to be added by any party the thread can be closed. - BFG

If you find a post that is missing, it was likely not deleted, but just moved to our spam section to keep this thread on topic - Alaric
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:04:32 am by alaric » Logged

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2004, 11:14:02 pm »

but dude sent the thing is you agreed, but that doesn't count anymore i guess..

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2004, 11:25:17 pm »

oh and btw when we used sar he was allowed 2 cb from Toxic:: we got an agreeme

No he wasn't allowed. It is an non optional rule whether you or toxic minded or not. A player Must be a clan member for at least a week before being allowed to cb for that clan.

I don't understand why this rule is applied. If one clan agrees that a player can play, then why not? If a clan thinks that a member joined for just one clan battle to give the clan a win...then they can refuse to let him play. I think people are smart enough to know for themselves if someone is trying to pull somethign or not, without the help of admins. I just feel like this rule should be looked over, I think its rediculous (just my opinion), but carry on.

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2004, 12:30:29 am »

I don't see why they should be informed about it. They should have known that I just joined the clan, otherwise what difference does it make. If they thought I was in for a week, then they technically have no problem cbing with me. We did not inform then that I was only in the clan for 2 days because we figured, if they didn't ask, I guess they know. It's their duty to know what is going on...elsewise they dont have a problem with me.

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2004, 12:37:40 am »

Its the Clan leaders job to know the rules and not break them....

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 12:45:21 am »

We did not inform then that I was only in the clan for 2 days because we figured, if they didn't ask, I guess they know. It's their duty to know what is going on

Sar Sorry but that makes no sense. You cannot expect every other clan leader to know how long another clan member has been in that clan. regarding toxic, they could not be expected to keep a tab on the massive turn over of -fa- members so they could tell who was elegible to play or not.

As a member of the BL You should know that you are not allowed to cb instantly when clan hopping - and your clan leader is also responsible for your actions.

Why should they know or care that you are clan hopping? they cannot keep a tab off every player - its simply inpossible.

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2004, 01:22:34 am »

Yes BFG, but I'm making a point that if the other clan does not bring it up, they technically agree. If they don't know too bad..why do we have to tell them? They asked for the cb, and they saw me, so I guess they were fine with me playing.

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2004, 01:25:58 am »

I applaud the efforts by the Admins to keep this on the up and up: the clarity and disclosure has really lent insight into what went on.

It's especially nice to hear how patient you guys where.

Thanks

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2004, 01:45:31 am »

If they don't know too bad..why do we have to tell them

Because you were a member of -fa- and your clan leader is responsible for your actions. They were not the clan with the player who was not elegible to play - you guys were. To use your logic i believe would be to claime that say that one clan is responsible if another clan breaks the rules?

But aside from this it wasn't a matter of asking if it was ok or not. It is made very clear in the rules that in order to play in a cb you must have been registered with the clan for a week or more. Whether the other clan knows or not, agree's or not is irrelevant as the rule is not open to options - its simply non negotionable for a very good reason - to stop exactly what you did; jump from one clan to another and cb under that clan straight away.

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2004, 01:50:56 am »

I personally don't agree with this rule.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2004, 01:51:47 am »

BFG, that's all true, but it's not liek we were tryign to sneak anythign by them. We assumed they knew, maybe that's our fault...but lets say we told them I havent been in for a week...would they say "no...you cant play?" I doubt it. The only explenation I see for that is, no sar...is too good, or he is an asshole. Other then that there would have been no reason for them to say no.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2004, 01:54:27 am »

Sure i expect they wouldn' thave minded much. however my point is it wasn't their choice. Clans do not have the option to agree to it - the rules clearly state that the player must have been a member for a week - it isn't one of the rules that can be 'agreed on' by the two clans.

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2004, 02:06:33 am »

Weird...
I am not sure myself why you are discussing all this Sar/Toxic-business.
Sure i expect they wouldn' thave minded much. however my point is it wasn't their choice. Clans do not have the option to agree to it - the rules clearly state that the player must have been a member for a week - it isn't one of the rules that can be 'agreed on' by the two clans.

So according to flies, the toxic cb was ok because both clans agree, and BFG says you cant even agree about this between 2 clans.
Hmm...

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2004, 02:09:32 am »

Info-service:

CB number 2708:
cqb *Energy versus FA.

Noone from Energy-clan was informed by any FA-member, of the cqb being played with members not legally rdy to cb yet.
And thus - noone could either agree or disagree to put aside the rules in a common understanding in between the two clans.

Fault: FA-clan.

DAMN Battle League has always left room for gentleman-agreements, up to the point where both clans are aware, and agree, upon any circumstances that are in the out-skirts of the rules.
Should this agreement not work out - the clan who crossed the rules will of course be the clan who has to pay.
To avoid chaos, of course all rules will officially have to be obeyed.

- - - - - -

Best regards
| ! | Flies

Again...so Toxic cb was fine, both clans agreed...
But *nrg cb is not ok because *nrg didn't agree
But according to BFG they cant agree to this
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 02:10:40 am by SAR(VoLaTile) » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2004, 02:12:27 am »

Again...so Toxic cb was fine, both clans agreed...
But *nrg cb is not ok because *nrg didn't agree

You have me confused. where has someone said that he cb was fine with toxic becasue they agreed?

SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2004, 02:22:41 am »

Well first of all flies said, he is no concerned about the toxic cb...it is the *nrg cb.

Also he was bringing all the attention the the *nrg cb...meanwhile the toxic cb was played first.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads