*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:14:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Acri's discovery of the glitches in Dedust  (Read 4801 times)
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2004, 06:51:44 am »

Sure, why not. May as well post a replay file demonstrating all the glitches. Then everyone can abuse them in public games, but at least no one will have a leg to stand on in this thread.

The wOOt is your friend. Trust the wOOt.

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
I own the former VT supercomputer node 177 wOOt! http://www.tcf.vt.edu/
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2004, 03:55:26 pm »

Sure, why not. May as well post a replay file demonstrating all the glitches. Then everyone can abuse them in public games, but at least no one will have a leg to stand on in this thread.

YOU don't have a leg to stand on in this thread.  Please Leave.

Thank-you.

-GhostSniper Out.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2004, 05:28:45 pm »

Thats almost hilarious GS. Let me give you a hint as to why. I do not bother to type anything on this forum unless I am pretty darn sure about what I am talking about. These glitches have the potential to destroy gameplay. You cannot dispute this with any reasoning to the contrary, but for some unexplained reason, you would like the map to stick around so that people have the option to glitch. Where I come from, giving people the choice to do wrong when it can be prevented is called liberal. I thought you were strongly conservative? Why don't you do everyone the favor of leaving yourself, since the most productive thing you have said in this ENTIRE thread is no better than "I SAID SO JUST DO IT."

The worst part of being an admin is trying to remember to color your text every time... Wink
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2004, 05:58:30 pm »

What's wrong with I SAID SO JUST DO IT!?

I kinda like the way that sounds...so authoritative Smiley

But anywho....

There is a glitch as bad as the ones you are talking about on the Day Castle Map and the Small River Map.  Just as bad.  You can go right into a wall and shoot anyone on the map from there.  So if you are going to ban de_dust, you better get ready to ban Day Castle and Small River right along with it.  By the way, these are just two examples, there are several others as well.

Now, are you prepared to start banning every map with a major glitch on it???

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2004, 07:39:12 pm »

Dust is not a single major glitch, but several. Not only that, it is an add-on map. While I do not see the originals changing, the stuff that we did change is our responsibility to test and fix. If it was up to me, yes. Castle would be gone. However, it is a part of the game, and that is something Dust can never claim.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2004, 08:18:16 pm »

Dust is not a single major glitch, but several. Not only that, it is an add-on map. While I do not see the originals changing, the stuff that we did change is our responsibility to test and fix. If it was up to me, yes. Castle would be gone. However, it is a part of the game, and that is something Dust can never claim.

Okay, here is my FINAL thought on this matter (well, maybe...lol...we'll see....):

You can ban de_dust.....but only if you go ahead and remove both map packs from the ladder.  So no more Mappack 1.5 or Mappack 2.0.  We will just start over with only the original Ghost Recon Maps.  That is the ONLY way I would agree to getting rid of de_dust.  Hell, I don't glitch on any map, have never been accused of cheating IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, and don't plan on starting.  But I really do like playing on these new maps, especially de_dust....it is one of my favorites for faced-pased fun.

So what will it be?  You either ban ALL of the new maps, or just shut the fuck up about de_dust.

Have a nice day. Smiley

-GhostSniper Out.

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2004, 09:01:13 pm »

Ah, we return to you being king. Thankfully for the world, you dont get to make the call. Wink

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2004, 09:42:36 pm »

Ah, we return to you being king. Thankfully for the world, you dont get to make the call. Wink

DAMN!  I hate it when the Universe doesn't revolve around me!  bah!

Aramarth
Forum Whore

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2004, 09:55:08 pm »

Shame this is off-topic, but you remind me of my sister GS.

BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2004, 11:19:10 pm »

You try hanging around with my 4-year-old daughter and see how your thinking changes!

Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2004, 03:46:01 am »

To be honest GS I can agree with ure conclusion there.  If I had it my way i would ban both 1.5 and 2.0 maps.  I was only trying to resolve the situation with those who wanted the added maps in to only ban the ones that were a serious glitching issue, but I do agree that they should all be banned.  It's not that I dont like the maps.  Dedust goes back a long way to my RS days and I have always had an attachment to that map, but I cant let my personal likes and dislikes get into the way when it comes to deciding weather a map is fair or not, because the whole idea of a fair decision is based off of being non-biased.  So I do persoanally agree to having all of the 1.5 and 2.0 maps banned.  Also to be straight about this you dont see any other ladders adding mappacks into the game.  We didnt do it for RS even though we could have, we didnt do it for RvS, even though I am sure they will be tempted to.  So I just dont think that we should for GR.  It is just adding too many variables to the already unstable game issue that is presently aparrent to all of us.  And the more variables there are the more issues we will have.  So if it were up to me then I would say take them all out.  But, of course it isnt.  And that is fine so I must deal with what is reasonable for the other clans to deal with as well.  That is why I proposed that we take out many of the maps.  Either that or modify them so that they cannot be used for certain gameplay's.  But at heart I do agree with what you say there GS about taking them all out.  

But as for taking certain maps out, well, ir should be done.  Either take them out of the mappacks for DAMN BL or just take them out all together.  Allowing them to be used in a cb-style game is futile if there is just too many bugs within the maps and the gameplay to make them fair.  Of course not every map will be perfectly fair for both sides, but at least give it a point of making it possbile to win off of skill, not off of who can get away with more in the CB.  By letting these maps play as they are, it is allowing that to happen.  And as admins for this game, you should all be concerned with how this is going to affect how you deal with these situations.  I have stated how I felt about this, but it is left up to the admins to decide the fate of how these maps are going to be played out in the League.

:MoD:Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Noto
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2004, 05:27:00 am »

The hippie HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?  Well... I don't know about GS's sexual preference, but I've got this feeling he's no hippie.

.::|N| Noto

Wink

Noto! Bug off my baby sister!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 06:24:47 am by Aramarth » Logged
Acri

I swat flies with a hammer. Redundant?

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2004, 11:52:29 am »

How about we lock this thread?

And further more... what the... Oh my god! You sunk Portugal!
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2004, 06:47:46 pm »

Last time i checked we had good admins who were capable of making decissions like this on their own.. .  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads