*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:54:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AA for Next season  (Read 4413 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: March 18, 2004, 01:42:42 am »

Hello,

I would first like to spologize to the clans that participated in Season 7 in AA.  We had signed up for AA but got caught up in the other leagues that were going on, so i do apologize for not playing in that league.  It is always a blast to play AA and knowing that the only clans that are in AA are well known in the Mac community, it should be a shitload of fun next season to take on some of the best Mac gamers in the world.  

The Network will be a sight for sore eyes to see in this next season.  Hopefully they will allow us to borrow their server from time to time for CB's.  

Bts I hear has some guys that are pretty good as well.  This should be a treat for us since there arent many people that play AA in Gameranger, and since Bts is always in the top 5 in almost every league it should make things interesting.

A2 of course is the compilation of many different clan members from AA that should as well be interesting cause there is such a diversity of players that are within the clan.  And knowing that they have Typhy with his PC on their team it should be quite interesting =)

Toxic.  Well they have heart, that's for sure, and since they are now considered veterans within the league for AA it should be interesting to see how they do next season.

Again, my apologies from my whole clan on not doing any AA cb's this season.  But I can promise we will for season 8, so practice and be ready everyone, cause I think the AA season is going to take off next season for a lot of us.  

Hopefully enough clans can be online to have a finals for season 8.   Congrats BTs for winning the AA this season.  Well played.

:MoD:Saberian
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 01:43:01 am by :MoD:Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 01:57:58 am »

The .::|N|etwork Server II (AA) is always available for anyone who want to use it for a cb

Just get a hold of any .::|N|etwork member or leave a message on our forum

www.cwdim.com/forum

It is a 16 man server

Wouldnt that be fun to get 8v8 going i am looking forward to it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 02:45:34 am by .::|N| GEN BILLY » Logged

GEN BILLY
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 02:02:52 am »

w00t you know BTs will be there!

I'm looking forward to going to war with u cats...!

Be sure to bring your knives!

We'll have our guns ready and blazing! HooAH!

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 02:50:58 am »

Yeah, our server is up all the time now too 69.25.17.152 it also is 16 person.

Lets make Season VIII a fun one for AA'ers.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2004, 03:48:02 am »

I would be more than happy to kill anyone who wants to play AA with me Smiley

Come one, come all!!!

-GhostSniper patiently waiting.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Saberian 3000

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 06:09:37 am »

Sweet,

I am glad to hear you guys are gung-ho about next season in AA cause I am hoping that it will be much more entertaining then some of the other ladders that have been produced.  Plus, since there is almost no cheating online cause of punkbuster it makes it even more of a blast.  Hope to see you guys on the battlefield.

Stripes
Forum Whore

Zero Tolerance

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 07:15:18 am »

fA][ Has Some Nice AA Players too.. i hope we can get a team 2 cb next season =) -  But That's Ubertako you gotta talk you Smiley -

Since i cant play AA On This Comp, Then i'll stick 2 GhR / RvS

• - Stripes - •

- • www.zero-t-clan.com  • -

z][t - *DAMN Pre-Season Triple [ Winner Of GhR, GhR CQB, RvS Ladder ]
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 05:08:43 pm »

Since the .::|N|etwork's return to the DBL, I would hope we can, AT THE LEAST, keep the AA ladder clean from the following:  BITCHING, FLAMING, AND SHIT TALKING!

Im sure everyone on this ladder will agree that we can work out an problems that may arise.  Also, was it concluded that we can have a select group moderating the AA ladder from each clan?  I think this would be very beneficial.  This moderators have to be playin AA for the clans- I would assume.  

Any thoughts?

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 09:29:13 pm »

Since the .::|N|etwork's return to the DBL, I would hope we can, AT THE LEAST, keep the AA ladder clean from the following:  BITCHING, FLAMING, AND SHIT TALKING!

Sounds fair enough. As for moderators...i think there already are AA moderators. Infact there are moderators to the left and right. No need for new ones... Reduce them i say!

Have you Downloaded the newest AA map D?...The seattle arch  Grin

Noto
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2004, 10:58:37 pm »

Have you Downloaded the newest AA map D?...The seattle arch  Grin

Ouch... Teabagged by a cup shitter...
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2004, 12:12:58 am »

I think there should be 3 or more AA admins.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2004, 12:47:43 am »

Are we talking about totally seperate AA admins from the current admins looking after GhR and RvS?? I beleive there are currently several admins who play AA... but im not sure.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Noto
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2004, 03:25:44 am »

BFG, there are AA Admins actually.  I believe Typhy is/was one of them, and I think Rebel was one last season.  Those two should know.  I think there were only 2 or 3; something like that.  Personally, I think the AA Admins should come from clans who only play AA, or close to it.  It would be difficult to be an Admin for AA if you are playing GhR and RvS, and then play AA a little bit.  I think there are 3 clans who are like that, or pretty much have been like that.

.::|N| Noto
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2004, 04:55:56 am »

The way I feel about it, if your clan participates in the game, and you are an admin, then you have a say in that area.

Typhy is the exception to the rule because he's in a couple clans, Hazard is in the RvS clan with him, and is also an admin here.  

The only goal is to not have one clan influence the league unfairly.  I think we accomplish that right now.

But I don't think we should draw lines saying "ok, you can only comment or vote on things involving Ghost Recon, I can only do the same for RvS".  I think we are much better off not drawing those kinds of lines.  I think most of us are smart enough to know how much effort to put into a ladder our clans aren't playing on.  For example, while I can make a suggestion about points in AA, or scheduling, or other matters, I would not involve myself with talks of maps, glitches, etc, because I don't play it enough to give a valid opinion.  Unlike with Ghost Recon where I used to play it, and unless it's a new map, I feel comfortable that my opinion is still valid.

So, please, let's not draw the distinctions.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Saberian 3000

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2004, 04:53:09 am »

Most of what I think Bucc says I can agree with.  Although i do agree with Noto in that only clans that have admins that are also participating in AA should be  allowed to have admins to control the AA parts of the ladder.  AA really need people that play the game to help decide what is going on with it.  It's like haivng a GM tachnician work on a Ford.  It can be done but dosent make sense.  So I do believe that only admins that have clans that are signed up for BL and actually play should have admins that can speak for AA since AA is so much different then Rvs or GR.  I do know they share the same gaming engine, but that is where the similarity ends.  So it would be hard for any admin that dosent play AA regularly to be able to determine a specific situation within the game to reasonably.  AA is a completely different style of gameplay comaratively and should be treated that way.  I am sure most of the people here can agree with that.

I am not saying  that the admins that dont play AA cant handle it mentally.  I am just saying that to be able to make a true judgement call for AA you really have to play AA on a regular basis.  So for now only clans that were signed up for AA this season weather they played or not should be able to have their admins judge for next season, as long as they sign up to play for next season.   The only time an admin should respond to an AA issue that wasnt on the list for last season should at least play 5 cb's this upcoming season to participate in the cb admin status.  I think something like that would be fair.  

It is true that only 6 games were played last season and because of that is why I thought that it should be every clan that signed up for BL AA last season to make it more diverse until other clans there were not on the BL list can cb 5 times, then there admin can be added to the lineup accordingly.  Anyway, it's just an idea.

Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2004, 10:23:48 pm »

Typhy is the exception to the rule because he's in a couple clans, Hazard is in the RvS clan with him, and is also an admin here.  

Correction:

Hazard left MP5 a while ago.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2004, 03:09:14 am »

Umm just so u guys know...we at a2 are think bout workin on our own ladder. Based off a challange system where all clans register then for example Eight goes onto our league and click a2 and clicks challange. When i log into the league i will have a thing say that ive been challanged. I then either accept, or wait 24 hours and the challange goes away. When i accept the challange i will choose 2 dates for the match to possibly be played. Then when eight logs on again he will see that i accepted and he will get to choose the final date out of the two. Once he picks the time, his page will refresh with the match info saying the time and on that page a map will have been randomly chosen using the a2 map randomizer that will be built into the site. This way there is no advantage for anyone and skill we be proven without advantages. Sound good? Throw ur input here.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2004, 03:36:16 am »

I like everything except the map generator and the 24 hour limit.

I don't like the map thing, because what if it picks an ?ber crappy map like recon? Can you decide what maps are randomized?

As for the 24 hour limit, I don't like that because what happens if you want to consult your clan members first for a time that's good for them?

Just things to consider.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2004, 03:40:27 am »

I don't like the map thing, because what if it picks an ?ber crappy map like recon? Can you decide what maps are randomized?

Just things to consider.

Yes you can, you just need to take out the maps that wont be allowed to be played on.

As for the 24 hour limit, I don't like that because what happens if you want to consult your clan members first for a time that's good for them?

Thats why you have 2 days, not to mension plenty of members to choose from. This is the norm. for PC ladders like TWL.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2004, 03:58:22 am »

The whole point of the 24 hours is to prevent clans from ignoring stronger clans challanges. This way, if the #1 clan challanges the #2 clan, but the 2 clan is afraid and doesnt wanna war, they wont be able to war a weaker clan until 24 hours from then. This way people are warring the weaker clans to get points. The point system will also be changed to prevent clans who only war the weak from getting high on the ladder.

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads