*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:51:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To the GameRanger "Vets"  (Read 5853 times)
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« on: October 31, 2003, 03:55:39 am »

Do you ever browse through these forums, and just start laughing at all the threads about cheating, flaming, etc?

Sure, back in the day we had Rapid bashing, (and still do  Wink  ) but now it's all, "You cheat! No, you cheat! No, he cheats! BAN BAN BAN HOMO HOMO HOMO BAN BAN BAN YOU'RE GAY NO YOU'RE GAY"

I just find it quite amusing (this amusement was sparked right after reading the thread about Fridge cheating).

Dance, Ghost Recon monkeys, dance!

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 03:58:44 am »

one word,
Yes.
and its been a funny season so far.
Look at every locked thread on the first page of this forum that is a "problem."

Its great to see people try to back up claims they make about cheating, especially when they haven't shown any proof to support themselves.

It reminds me of the scene in monty python & the holy grail where they try to have the witch hung.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 04:10:55 am by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 04:11:27 am »

I haven't posted here in the forums for close to a year. However, I do miss the old rs days where practically everyone got along...except with rapid. Freakin GHR NOOOOOOBS! DIE  Angry

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 05:36:17 am »

Maybe those days will come back with the release of RvS...... Huh  ya right Angry  But one can hope.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 05:55:02 am »

Geeeeeez,

I wish the admins could let a thread live a day at least before they tight-ass lock it--so what if there is a flame here or there that's life--that's free speech.  Sometimes a matter needs to be aired to get things constructively solved, even at the risk of idiotic posts like mine right now, lol!

Flame-wars can be fun AND educational AND diagnoostic AND therapeutic! Roll Eyes

PS-- I would like to see the stats of how many threads each Moderator has locked, lol.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 05:38:23 am by BTs_ST u RM » Logged
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 07:32:13 am »

Snipe, you have more of a sense of humor about it than I do.

Personally, I think it's pitiful. It's reached a point, where when you challenge someone to a GHR CB, you're basically challenging them to a pathedic forum war, and about 36 hours of bullshit. The playing is just extra.

Cheat tests, replays, even CB confirmations; all are signs of just what the GayRecon ladder has come to.

Back at Rogue Spear, when a problem with a CB came up, that would be what the whole forum was centered around for several days. You'd see some good arguments, tons of people would be involved, and the side who had the hard evidence on their side usually came out victorious.

Here in GayRecon, the problem is settled between the members of the given clans, and a moderator. Now, while many of you will say "isn't that how it should be?" I look at it from a different perspective: who has the ability to see through an issue clearly, the members of the clans involved, or bystanders who know the games just as well? This sort of argument puts a lot of preasure on the moderators. Whichever way they go, one group of people will hate them. They have far less support than they used to in the bigger arguments.

Now, onto my next problem with Ga-, err, "Ghost" Recon CB's; the game aspect. If it weren't enough that you have to go through all the rest of this bullshit each time you want to play, the CBs themselves suck. Clans are so concerned about winning, that, honorless as it may be, they'd rather sit on their sorry asses in an untraveled corner of the map with their noobish OICW/GL than actually pull their heads out of their asses and risk dying to actually find a bit enjoyment in these hour long wastes.

Draws: There is no excuse in hell for having a tie game in GHR because of time running out. You're playing 10 minute games. If you really don't have the balls to get off your ass and go kill your oponent during a 10 minute time span, then you should be persuing your future career as a young-sounding tenor.

"Life? What's that?" - If GHR players were honest, this would be a common quote from them. Let's take a look at the GHR ladders: The #1 clan, BTs, as done 110 CBs. 110 CBs in 40 days from a 12 member clan. Hey guys, lives? Girls? Sports? You know, OUTSIDE! No, that doesn't mean unplugging your iBook and sitting in the garage with your airport and the door open - that means closing it up and going for a run, or a date.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 10:46:43 am »

"Life? What's that?" - If GHR players were honest, this would be a common quote from them. Let's take a look at the GHR ladders: The #1 clan, BTs, as done 110 CBs. 110 CBs in 40 days from a 12 member clan. Hey guys, lives? Girls? Sports? You know, OUTSIDE! No, that doesn't mean unplugging your iBook and sitting in the garage with your airport and the door open - that means closing it up and going for a run, or a date.

bah look whos spent 30 mins typing that reply - take some of your own advice lol  Wink Wink
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 12:07:16 pm by onwig » Logged
bronto
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 01:43:39 pm »

i agree with snipe, and somewhat with flies. but besides that, i do remember the days before ghost recon being much more fun. back when clans and cbs were taken a little less critically.
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2003, 03:14:55 pm »

It reminds me of the scene in monty python & the holy grail where they try to have the witch hung.

So if Fridge weighs the same as a duck, he's a cheat? =D

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2003, 04:10:33 pm »

tis true, tis so true. Given up playing much, lack of time etc etc, and just sick of the crap that goes on all the time. It simply takes the fun out of playing

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
.::|N|SOC

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2003, 05:07:04 pm »

typhy- i agree completely. you crack me up.

life...yeah...i was thinking that I don't play as much as I used to, so I must be really "living"

...but then I realized that I'm just toiling away at work or watching the kids, which might be more 'real' but it's a lot less fun

...truth is, 'life' is whatever you are doing so long as you still have a pulse, and although the arguing and temper-tantrums have their ups and downs, they aren't any more or less annoying than traffic, telemarketers, bad clients, changing diapers, or any number of other 'real' annoyances we put up with all day.

yeah, it was more fun when the arguments were less involved.
the upside of flame wars and making the arguments more personal was that it was easier to laugh them off or not feel involved. these glitch and cheat discussions draw people in because they don't want bad precedents set which may come back to haunt future cb's. or something.

let's see...toss fridge in the pond, if he sinks and drowns, he's innocent. if he floats, he's a witch...burn himmmmmmmmm! jk.

and i realize i'm not a 'vet' in the proper sense, but I do have a memory lane of my own, just not as long....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2003, 05:08:06 pm by .::|N|SOC » Logged

"I'm #2... and #1 is waaaaay overrated"

NETWORK :::: http://cwdim.com/forum
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2003, 08:59:14 pm »

Geeeeeez,
 I wish the admins could let a thread live a day at least before they tight-ass lock it

Sturm we let the first Fridge accusation thread live to see what would come of it and to no surprise it did absolutely no good. So when the others came up I simply stated that no cheat accusation threads concerning Fridge will remain open without proof.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2003, 10:14:26 pm »

Roger that HAZ!  I meant in general, not specifically the fridge threads.  I had no desire to post in those or to start any flames anywhere--I merely love reading the give-and-take, back-and forth reparte and banter in some of these threads, lol.
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2003, 11:41:47 pm »

Yeah snipe its funny as hell. All the noobs talkin like theyve been on GR forever. Especially the GhR guys who just joined our little community....they piss me off cause they think they are the shit...kinda remind me of myself....FUCKERS

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2003, 12:04:17 am »

bah look whos spent 30 mins typing that reply - take some of your own advice lol  Wink Wink

It took me 5 minutes to write that - tops. Longest I've ever spent writing a post is 35 minutes ( 3 posts, but all the same topic ); a huge, 3 parter, in an issue back in March, 2002.

SOC, if your "life" is GameRanger and GayRecon, then you seriously need to reconsider, and if this is the best you can do; might I suggest some plastic surgery?

I used to be the first one to step up and say "who gives a shit if they have no life? What's that change within this community?"

I've learned something sense then, though: who's word should I put more stock in? The person who's life is GR, and only cares about winning, or the guy who logs in for 20 minutes or so each day, and plays to have fun? Who is more likely to lie?

Also, who will have better social skills? The kid who sits infront of their machine for 9 hours a day, or the guy who actually goes out and does things?

Oh btw, for Onwig: This post took me :looks at timer:, 94 seconds to write.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2003, 12:10:03 am »

Guys it's Halloween go egg someone or something.  Have a good night Wink.

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
onwig

geeza!

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2003, 12:19:09 am »

All the noobs talkin like theyve been on GR forever. Especially the GhR guys who just joined our little community....

lol... i will remember to say sir next time i see you  Grin Grin

Oh btw, for Onwig: This post took me :looks at timer:, 94 seconds to write.

once again lol.... (+ i know u probably have been around for a long time but : Posts: 2237 yikes)

Grin Grin

look guys b4 u start attacking me i am only havin a bit of fun with ya....

hehe
« Last Edit: November 01, 2003, 12:24:52 am by onwig » Logged
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2003, 12:36:17 am »

typhy, more than half of our cb's have been cqb's which last maybe 10 minutes when you play well.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2003, 05:02:02 am »

Some GhR players are very cool once you get to know them. For example Flies, all of the c| crew I have met so far, majority of the [one]'s and Crypt of course(much wub)

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Ch A oS

Die!! Die!!

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2003, 05:39:34 am »

There Can Be Only One.......Typhy!!!!! Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads