*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:43:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Registered Players and 50pts for new clans  (Read 4709 times)
SL~Fridge
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2003, 10:54:55 pm »

jesus christ, play the game guys, this is a minor deal, you spend more time on forums trying to take points with words than you do in gr trying to earn points by playing, wake up saberian, you're such a loser.
[one] Revolt
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2003, 10:59:44 pm »

Yo...friends of the DAMN BL ladder!!
Sorry if it sounded like i was disregarding the topic.
I just started readin some posts and this one got the
Sunday Mornin Sermon from the Reverand...

Im sure the point is valid, no offense in those who write novels here....
but if any of you ditch glitch me!!....or if SL~ shoots me from across the map!!

I'll simply gouge out there eyes and skull f#@k em!!

Then Ill have a beer and forget it happened!!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2003, 12:43:16 am »

ok firstly, [one] appologies if it appeard that i was inplying or suggesting somthing from my post. It was purly and simpy a qustion due to to lack of knowlege on my part. In no way was i trying to suggest that you had maniupulated etc or othewise taken advantage of the rules. Please accept appology if it appeared so however.

I do find it however, rather diffiuclt how the rules seem to be so ridged at times, and yet so flexible. Had MOD known that ... "ah well it don't really matter if your regestered right now" then we would have approached things differently. If some rule are going to be so transparent.. how are clans going to differentiate betweent those that are flexiblea nd those that are riged?
I would just like to ask DAMN to clarify that the rules that they have posted are actually the rules, and that if clans find issues' with a lack of participation within the rules guidlines, then the "oh well it don't really matter" ideology will be not used.

u put the rules there for a reason i guess.. why can't people actually play by them? IF people are going to be allowed to bend the rules so blatenly what is the point in u wasting your time writing them in the first place?

I love the way people say "oh man its just a game etc" lol of course it is. we arn't stupid (well i dunno about some guys") of course its a freaking game. But incase people havn't realised DAMN (as far as im aware) put rules in place for a reason. If Clan leaders can't be assed to read the rules and be aware of the constraints and guidlines in which they are able to participate within the DAMN Bl then as far as im concered they can go **** play somwhere else rather than talk shite on the bl forum about people who acutally pick up when BLATELY BL RULES HAVE BEEN IGNORED. Do people really think that the DAMN guy constructed the BL rules just for fun, for a laugh, to waste some time? For christs sake.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
SL~Fridge
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2003, 12:49:17 am »

RULE 30: All rules can be modified if both clans agree to it.

And since both of the clans agreed to modify RULE 2 of the battleleage, no rules were broken in accordance with rule 30.  
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2003, 01:23:41 am »

See here we go again, Fridge with his I dont care, it's just a game policy, then he pulls something out of his arse like this rule 30.  The point is fridge, that this particular rule was to be done before any cbing started when it comes to registration.  Not in, or during a game.  As for BL rules, well, that is fine, but as for the idea of making sure the clans are registered BEFORE you start the cb.  Well, again that is another issue.  It seems that you Fridge, with your it's just a game attitude, seem to be missing the point of this.  Ya see, this wasnt something you guys just agreed to before the game, and if you are going with that premise, then I got some nice saved copies of the conversation you had earlier saying that you knew it was wrong and it was a mistake for you to do that.  Of course I did tell your buddy Vectorman that I was gonna save this conversation with you and him last night just in case there was any mis-representation to be said in here.  Well, the whole point of this is that you knew it was wrong, yet you still did it anyway.  And since you brought up the other CB's to try and thwart our supposed cause to extradite you from BL we have also mentioned that in the act of fairness, that those games should be taken off as well.  I am sure exceptions can be made for certain situations, but in your case this has gone way farther then just posting it without realising that you might be breaking a rule.

Now, how about we hear from that fearless leader of yours instead of your whiny ass.  Cause unless you have something to back up your claim, and since you only participated in one of the cb's mentioned, I suggest you sit, have a coke, smile, and STFU.

It's nice to know that you have a freaking 12 year old running the clan, and at the same time he cant even post his own thoughts here.  And if you are doing the thinking for him, then we can all say this puppet show should end.

+MOD+Saberian

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Fridge!

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2003, 01:40:10 am »

First off as the BL rules state you can modify each rule if you both agree to it. If some clans haven't registered all members and agree to play. - It's fine. If you say that after 5 games the other clan can't win anymore you can stop if you both agree to it.

The rules are dynamical they just should point you into one direction but nevertheless you can choose to go on the left or right site of the street. They aren't created to tell you how to breathe and start a game. Just some basic rules if you can't agree with the other clan how to play the cb.

In the case it comes to the finals may this will have consequences because they can only play with members registered at the BL so you could force them to play only with registered players but that's it.

Bye,

Mauti

Saberian, I have nothing to back me up eh? Well actually, that's where you're wrong dipshit, I have Mauti's ruling on this issue on my side on this one, who agreed that any rule including that one could be over ridden so drop the issue, YOU LOSE.

As for yesterday when I said it was wrong it was a move to make you shut the fuck up, I wasn't even in the DIK cb and not present on gr, I just found out today that they agreed before the game as well.

"Fridge killing all 3 of us 6 games in a row and his other players pretty much blew ass... it was dodgy because we did have some of our best players in that mock cb, and for us to lose not really to their team but fridge alone was quite odd, us, being some of the best players of last season."
Saberian 3000

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2003, 01:49:14 am »

Fridge, u are like talking to a man with no head and two fat man's asses.  It seems the only thing that comes out of ure face is ass air.  You just dont get it, do ya.  You seem to contradict yourself more then anyone that I know, but again, it just shows how completely retarded you are.  In either event my issue is with your leader, not some peon of a 12 year old.  LOL

+MOD+Saberian

Vectorman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2003, 02:01:24 am »

At this point in time, I am so sick of this BS, that I could care less if we get losses I don't think we deserve.  And no diesel, I attempted discussing the changing the rules topic with sab last night, before mauti made the post.  But as I said, it's gone beyond me caring.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2003, 02:01:49 am »

Rev I appreciate the post but this matter we moved into on this thread is actually very relative and important for the BL.  If you read everything then im sure you may agree.  I dont feel this thread is meaningless bitching for once.

Diesel what are you talking about!? I never changed any statement or rule. It is up to the community to follow and enforce the registered players only rule. If you agree with another clan to change it I won't do something against it as I never did since the begin of the BL in the year 2000. I really don't understand your problems Sab, Noto, Diesel and others.

Could you please enlighten me whats your problem and your concerns!??

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Saberian 3000

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2003, 02:10:54 am »

Well Mauti, I think the issue is that when you made this statement before that Diesel mentioned, we all took it as you cannot cb unless all the members of your team were to be added and registered as well.  The whole idea when we talked about it in the forums was on the basis that this registration was being done, not just for the finals but thruout the entire season.  Otherwise there really is no particular point to why you would have made that statement otherwise.  Maybe the post should be gone over because all of the clans from last season mainly got the idea that you had to have all of your guys registered before you can play.  At least you made it sound that way with this sentence:

Note that the clanleader needs an account at the BL site as well as all clanmembers that want to participate in cbs

That is where this whole problem came up.  Another thing is that why even have registration and ask us all this personal stuff about our GRid# and whatnot if it wasnt meant to keep people from clan jumping.  I thought that was originally why this whole mess started.  In either event I am definitely not the first and only person that thought that all members that were to participate in this seasons CB season had to have been registered, otherwise what is the point of even registering?

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 02:16:12 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

Noto
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2003, 03:38:51 am »

"...It is up to the community to follow and enforce the registered players only rule. If you agree with another clan to change it I won't do something against it as I never did since the begin of the BL in the year 2000. I really don't understand your problems Sab, Noto, Diesel and others."

I think the "problem", Mauti, is that we do not understand the reason for registering on the BL if it doesn't matter.  If it is up to the community to follow and enforce the registered players only rule, then I vote to disregard the registered players rule altogether.  Rules are only rules if they are enforced by the person or persons making the rules.  I think a lot of the issues folks have been having, including myself, is that many of the rules are merely guidelines.  Can you clarify which rules are actual rules; rules that cannot be changed, even with both clans agreeing?  Can you also clarify which rules are guidelines; 'rules' that can be changed as long as both clans agree on them?  I could agree all day with another clan that Assassination is okay for our CB, but does that mean we can play Assassination?  I remember all of the issues this summer about introducing Warzone.  I really don't see what the big deal was now because it seems that all along we could have played it, as long as both clans agreed to it.

I don't want to give off the impression that I, or anyone else here, is ungrateful for what you have given us Mauti, but if you say something is a rule, but then say people can break it as long as they agree to it, members of this BL are going to have a problem with that.  My personal view is that there is too much grey (gray for the western US folks) area.  I think I can vouch for everyone here that is registered, and unregisterd, that we want something concrete; black & white.

So, Mauti, hopefully you now understand my problem.

.::|N| Noto
Saberian 3000

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2003, 04:01:57 am »

Very well put Noto,

That is definitely the main issue here is what is a rule and what isnt.   You do state the issue very very well.  Thank you for making that point cause I would not have thought of the words to make it so understandable.

+MOD+Saberian

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2003, 11:09:54 am »

Alright and I can only say it was meant to be a rule even for the mainseason - and yes all clanmembers should(must) register in my opinion but if you Noto or Sab challenge another clan and look if all of their players are registered and see that they aren't and you nevertheless play the cb because you say it doesn't matter I won't penalty you - that's my point. Most clans play with registered players and that's fine simply because of some security(GR-ID and I have a valid email address that I could access in issues).

I won't play against unregistered clan members and so should every clan but may I'm gonna change rule 30 to "only game specific rules can be changed if both clans agree to it" to make this more clear.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Noto
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2003, 04:14:03 pm »

Thanks for the clarification Mauti.  I don't mean to be a pain in the ass... much. Wink

.::|N| Noto
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads