*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:58:24 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Registered Players and 50pts for new clans  (Read 4708 times)
Magnetic
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2003, 09:55:01 am »

Guys....

It?s a game...please play the game in stead of playing lawyers.
This "Rule-inspection" takes up more time than the games.

Out.
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2003, 11:10:13 am »

ID: 1075 BTs v GhRa 8:0:0      - um why continue after 5:0 when GhRa had no way of winning? if u play the full 8 games even though a clan has won, dosnt this just give you more points?

RULE 10 in the Ghost Recon Rules

By default you have to play 8games(4 on each host). In the case of a tie you continue to play on the current host until one clan leads with 1 won game.

We take that as playing all 8 games. no matter what the score. If this is incorrect please clarify BL Admins

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2003, 11:58:39 am »

First off as the BL rules state you can modify each rule if you both agree to it. If some clans haven't registered all members and agree to play. - It's fine. If you say that after 5 games the other clan can't win anymore you can stop if you both agree to it.

The rules are dynamical they just should point you into one direction but nevertheless you can choose to go on the left or right site of the street. They aren't created to tell you how to breathe and start a game. Just some basic rules if you can't agree with the other clan how to play the cb.

In the case it comes to the finals may this will have consequences because they can only play with members registered at the BL so you could force them to play only with registered players but that's it.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Civrock

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2003, 02:17:42 pm »

ID: 1036   [one] v [nbk]  6:4:2  - now my maths has never been good. but dosn't 6 plus 4 plus 2 make 12?...... 12? what happend to 8 games and one sudden death should a draw occur? That much have got a lot of points that game... oh yeah it did... 160 points to be precise

hey BFG,
it was early in season and both clans didnt know that we could play best of 8... we both agreed to play best of 7 like last season... is that a problem? does it matter how much games u play in a cb? there?s nothing about that in the new combat point system where it says u get more points for more won games in one cb...

[one] Civic.xo

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
FahQ2
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2003, 03:19:04 pm »

For us,

We are under the impression all 8 games have to be played no matter what.  The first few of our CB's were played the mathematical way, but we noticed all other clans were playing all 8 no matter what the results were.  So do to this, we now play all the games in which we believe are required by the rules.

Hope this helps, or at least helps you understand what we are doing.
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2003, 03:59:00 pm »

ok Mauti, so basically you are saying that registering is pointless and a waste of time till the end of the season, gotcha, I wish you would have said that before this, but fair enough, I can accept that.  It just seemed very odd that most clans had all there members registered, and now you are saying it is meaningless till the end of the season.  I am glad this was explained beforehand because most of us were under the impression that you could not even cb another clan unless the clan members from that clan were registered.  Thanks for clarifying on that beforehand.
   Fridge, now see that wasnt too bad, in the end you got what you wanted, so all ure shit talking was totally unnecessary, but it's nice to know that thruout the whole mess you are completely mature about it lol.  In either event Mauti has basically said that registration dosent mean shit until the end of the season.  So now you can grow the fuck up and stop harassing my players because you are too immature to deal with waiting for a decision.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 04:19:58 pm by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
.::|N| DIESEL

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 04:28:27 pm »

This is an interesting thread.  I think that Sab has a very good point about clans not registering members to compete on the BL.  What is the point of having cb's with clans that dont have the members listed.  So is it possible to have a clan that has the tag registered but no member registered and cb them?  If this is the case, I can see someone representing 2 clans with 2 different names and essentiall playing a cb that is fraud.  Please correct me if im wrong, im sure it can be done.  

I gather from this post from Mauti that we HAD to register all players:  http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=4796

This also helps to verify who was in the cb.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 05:10:56 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
"I'm #1 so why try harder."
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2003, 04:30:19 pm »

Sab I never said it is meaningless - I said it is ok if both clans agree to it to play with unregistered players. All in all there is a reason why we have players/clan and further I suggest to play only against players that are registered. First for the stats and second it will be important and necessary if the 1vs1 and FFA ladders are coming and third to prevent clan hopping/switching for cbs.

About the 50pts: the reason why you get so "much"(a 1/6 of the first rank) points if you play a clan that has never played before is that you don't know how good or bad the clan is and may get a high penalty. Further it should encourage to involve all registered clans.

Greetings,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Saberian 3000

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2003, 05:37:31 pm »

Damn good point Diesel.  That was what I had gathered when I signed up my guys for the ladder.  I thought the whole reason for this was to prevent others from playing on 2 teams at once, this way they would have to claim a clan and therefore be subjected to that clan only.  But if this is allowed to happen with clans playing with non-registered members, it kinda defeats the whole point of registration.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 05:43:17 pm by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

Noto
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2003, 06:18:14 pm »

I just want to address a few points here...

First off...

Hey look, it's another issue including SL~ that has been blown way out of proportion!

Now, I'm not a math major in college, but I do believe that SL~ has mathematically seized control of a disproportionate amount of issues.  Why has this occurred?  Why so many issues with the same clan over and over again.  Is there a leader, or at least an educated spokesperson, for this clan who can post in a logically articulate format?  It's killing me to read posts from every SL~ member on certain issues, which all seem to bring in different information to the subject anyway.  Also, SL~ members, why are you so defensive?  I would figure that after all of the shenanagins and tomfoolery that has transpired would have tipped you guys off to perhaps watching your step a little more.  It's almost as if you seek out confrontation.  And really, you guys need to lighten up in your replys.  You always seem so angry.  It seems that anytime there is an issue with SL~, it is reminiscent of the Chicago slums of the 1930's.  "Oh yeah, you wanna fight? Meet you behind the deli in the alley at 3:00pm, or else!"

Second point...

"It?s a game...please play the game in stead of playing lawyers.
This "Rule-inspection" takes up more time than the games."

Magnetic,

Explain as to how we can simply play the game without any regard to following the rules as closely as we can?  If we just played games without regard, then matters of glitching wouldn't be as big of a deal.  You have to watch you back in games now because younever know what or who has altered game files, or is using a cheat to further themselves as players or further their clan.  Unfortunately, we have to be lawyers at times so as to play a fair game and avoid being taken advantage of.  If anything, these rules are helping the newer clans progress and be a part of the BL.  Without strict adherence to the rules, top clans, or at least members of clans who are dinosaurs, can easily manipulate newer players without any consequence.  If you don't think this is possible, think back to Season 2 and 3 when there were far more rules added.  Games back then were pretty reckless.  There was a plethera of tomfoolery, but there weren't practically no specific rules to prohibit or avoid it.  I'm not bashing you Magnetic, I'm just pointing out that this season will basically be ruled by the rules, and there is nothing we can do about that.

Last point...

I halfway agree with Saberian, in that some action should be taken in matters of CB including unregistered players.  I feel that SL~ should not be held responsible for another clan not registering.  I also feel that the CB should be voided since unregistered players were involved.  If I remember correctly, players are not allowed to CB for a period of 2 weeks if the change clans more than once in a season.  I'm not sure if this is still a rule, but I do remember that any CB's with that invalid player were voided.  Wouldn't be the same thing now?  Both aspects deal with players who should not be CBing, therefore both results should end the same; Voided.  Yeha it sucks that SL~'s time was taken up by playing a CB that will potentially be voided, but if they were concerned about matters such as this, then they should have checked online to see who was eligible and who was not.  Both parties involved are partially to blame since both clans could have checked to see if the CB would have been able to be played or not.  If anything, the clan with the unregistered members should be held responsible if any action is to be taken place.  It is the clan leader's responsibility to make sure their members are registered.  Isn't this one of the reasons for having a designated, registered clan leader?

In closing, I think the idea of having a council makes more sense now.  It would have been able to keep clan leaders and their clans updated on all info and also to keep them in check.  I know the idea of a council was pretty much shot down due to its complex design, but I still feel that the members of this BL should be able to have more say in situations that we experience everyday, rather than being limited to posting our opinion, which is many times overlooked by admins, which the majority do not actively participate in the ladder.  This always reminds me of American politics.  Government vs. the People.  Federally ruled, or State ruled.  State ruled, or County ruled.  County ruled, or City ruled.  City ruled, or Neighborhood ruled.

.::|N| Noto
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 06:53:42 pm by .::|N| Noto » Logged

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2003, 07:37:29 pm »

I'll drink to that Noto!   Grin

Do we get cheap beer and prostitutes?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 07:38:12 pm by .::|N| DIESEL » Logged

_D
Noto- "I'm sorry The .::|N|etwork isn't there to pump up the season like we have in the past.  You'll just have to wait for your shot next season."
*DAMN Elandrion
Global Moderator
Forum Whore

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2003, 08:26:58 pm »

in addition to what mauti said, every registered player has access to the Matchlist, and can search/see all data on every match played. I think that counts something.

*DAMN Elandrion

*DAMN Elandrion - another *DAMN Austrian!
Saberian 3000

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2003, 08:47:07 pm »

That is a nice feature Elandrion, I am not in any way disputing that point, but what I am referring to is mainly what Mauti all wrote on the discussion that .:N Diesel was so kind to point out.  This was posted by Mauti:

To reactivate your clan please post the clanname and the clanleader name so the BL admins can give you full clan editing rights. Note that the clanleader needs an account at the BL site as well as all clanmembers that want to participate in cbs.

If you never signed up with your clan/or after season 4 was already over please sign up directly at the BL page.

Only one clanleader can be chosen. Once the leader for a clan has been set the related entry will be deleted and when you visit the BL page next time more clan managment controls will be visible for the clan leader as well as waradmins.

Thanks,

Mauti

I bolded the specific line wrote by Mauti on the subject of having the clan leader be accountable for the people that wanted to cb this season for their clan.  This statement made it pretty clear that for any member of a clan to participate in this seasons BL they had to be registered in DAMN BL as a CB player.  This is how many people took this statement, as well as myself.

+MOD+Saberian

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2003, 09:06:53 pm »

The only reason why i referenced that link is because i seriously thought ALL members and clans had to be registered on the BL Ladder.  I, honestly dont think *DAMN Elandrion understands the exampled that i previously posted.  

_D
Vectorman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2003, 09:07:47 pm »

I just want to address a few points here...

First off...

Hey look, it's another issue including SL~ that has been blown way out of proportion!

Now, I'm not a math major in college, but I do believe that SL~ has mathematically seized control of a disproportionate amount of issues.  Why has this occurred?  Why so many issues with the same clan over and over again.  Is there a leader, or at least an educated spokesperson, for this clan who can post in a logically articulate format?  It's killing me to read posts from every SL~ member on certain issues, which all seem to bring in different information to the subject anyway.  Also, SL~ members, why are you so defensive?  I would figure that after all of the shenanagins and tomfoolery that has transpired would have tipped you guys off to perhaps watching your step a little more.  It's almost as if you seek out confrontation.  And really, you guys need to lighten up in your replys.  You always seem so angry.  It seems that anytime there is an issue with SL~, it is reminiscent of the Chicago slums of the 1930's.  "Oh yeah, you wanna fight? Meet you behind the deli in the alley at 3:00pm, or else!"

Second point...

"It?s a game...please play the game in stead of playing lawyers.
This "Rule-inspection" takes up more time than the games."

Magnetic,

Explain as to how we can simply play the game without any regard to following the rules as closely as we can?  If we just played games without regard, then matters of glitching wouldn't be as big of a deal.  You have to watch you back in games now because younever know what or who has altered game files, or is using a cheat to further themselves as players or further their clan.  Unfortunately, we have to be lawyers at times so as to play a fair game and avoid being taken advantage of.  If anything, these rules are helping the newer clans progress and be a part of the BL.  Without strict adherence to the rules, top clans, or at least members of clans who are dinosaurs, can easily manipulate newer players without any consequence.  If you don't think this is possible, think back to Season 2 and 3 when there were far more rules added.  Games back then were pretty reckless.  There was a plethera of tomfoolery, but there weren't practically no specific rules to prohibit or avoid it.  I'm not bashing you Magnetic, I'm just pointing out that this season will basically be ruled by the rules, and there is nothing we can do about that.

Last point...

I halfway agree with Saberian, in that some action should be taken in matters of CB including unregistered players.  I feel that SL~ should not be held responsible for another clan not registering.  I also feel that the CB should be voided since unregistered players were involved.  If I remember correctly, players are not allowed to CB for a period of 2 weeks if the change clans more than once in a season.  I'm not sure if this is still a rule, but I do remember that any CB's with that invalid player were voided.  Wouldn't be the same thing now?  Both aspects deal with players who should not be CBing, therefore both results should end the same; Voided.  Yeha it sucks that SL~'s time was taken up by playing a CB that will potentially be voided, but if they were concerned about matters such as this, then they should have checked online to see who was eligible and who was not.  Both parties involved are partially to blame since both clans could have checked to see if the CB would have been able to be played or not.  If anything, the clan with the unregistered members should be held responsible if any action is to be taken place.  It is the clan leader's responsibility to make sure their members are registered.  Isn't this one of the reasons for having a designated, registered clan leader?

In closing, I think the idea of having a council makes more sense now.  It would have been able to keep clan leaders and their clans updated on all info and also to keep them in check.  I know the idea of a council was pretty much shot down due to its complex design, but I still feel that the members of this BL should be able to have more say in situations that we experience everyday, rather than being limited to posting our opinion, which is many times overlooked by admins, which the majority do not actively participate in the ladder.  This always reminds me of American politics.  Government vs. the People.  Federally ruled, or State ruled.  State ruled, or County ruled.  County ruled, or City ruled.  City ruled, or Neighborhood ruled.

.::|N| Noto

I agree with most of everything you have said.  SL~ is still rather new, and has stuff to work out so that's my explanation for the unoraganization.  I will work try to work on it.

Now, on to the voiding cb's topic.  Yes, you have good point with voiding cbs.  But in both of the cb's we had with unregisterd opponents, we agreed with the other team to change the rules.  Just as mauti said was allowed.  My feelings on the subject are that we shouldn't be punished on these occasions.  But I do believe that the rules should be changed to not allow unregistered players on the BL, from here on out.  Just as everyone else, I don't want any cheating taking place.

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2003, 09:24:55 pm »

Now all of a sudden Mauti posts and you decided that you changed the rules??!  You should have screenshots incase of these situations.  Can we see the screen shots of both teams agreeing to the rule change since you changed your answer?

_D
[one] Revolution.ceo
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2003, 10:18:03 pm »

Ah yes..the smell of napalm and gunsmoke..wait all summer (*DAMN-less) for the league to start and when it does, we have clan drama already. It's like everyone wants to win but no one can face a loss...I hate to admit it but we sound like a bunch of "bitches" arguein over details. Last year it was DFA and [a] moley now we have SL~ and Fridgerator.

I know we are not all perfect, hell we suck as much as you  reading this post. But I know this and any [one] who has cb'd against us knows as well. When we lose....That's it we lost!! We congratulate the victor, watch replays, see our mistakes and move on... "Glitch this, glitch that"..I know this when clans like c| , BTs, [V], |N| come at you, dont wait in a ditch, cause if i remeber correctly from last season from thos eclans and others like em...Skill will beat a glitch!!!.... Next game, learn from your mistakes, keep your head high!!. You win some, you lose some.....sh@t happens. Hate to be cheesy, but take our motto.....

"To win with humility, to lose with dignity. Strive to be the best, yet admit when we have been defeated. Only then can you understand what it means to be [one]"

I usually dont even reply to these fire breathing forums, but I just want us to live with the cards that are dealt...I hope I did not offend anyone here..Just call it like I see it!!!...Mauti and Elan have worked hard at bringing us a great league....Lets not give em turmoil cause a clan glitchs or cheats or gets the best of ya!!. It's not there fault....In the end its our own!! Mistakes is what loss you the game...BTs last season were always in 2nd or 3rd just under some of the top clans...BUT THERE SKILL IS WHAT WON THEM THE TITLE!!!...THEY OVERCAME OBSTACLES AND PREVAILED!!....

If you think a clan is cheating, SIMPLE!!, Don't cb them!!
Let the dust settle and the true soilders will survive....

Don't hate, participate!!!

Hope I did not offend anyone...If I did shoot me!!..on the battlefield. Cause [one] dont fight with flame wars....I use a M-136 or a claymore!!

All haile the Mac Gamming Community!! Tom Clancy for Governer of California!! Not Terminator!! There is my 2 cents!! Enjoy!!

OK Im startin to sound like a school counselor.....I'll Stop!!
In closing I quote the great one......

"Therefore the clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him."
-SunTzu- The Art Of War -

Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Oh Yeah .....Think Different!!

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2003, 10:29:37 pm »

Rev I appreciate the post but this matter we moved into on this thread is actually very relative and important for the BL.  If you read everything then im sure you may agree.  I dont feel this thread is meaningless bitching for once.

_D
Saberian 3000

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2003, 10:33:21 pm »

As well to add to Diesel's point, how come you are speaking for this issue when it was Dark Doom that was the one that posted the disputed CB's.  Plus isnt Dark Doom ure leader in this clan?  Shouldnt he be the one defending ure scenario instead of a member of SL~ that isnt even a higher ranking member within their clan, nor wasnt even part of the cb's in question?  I only say that mainly because Dark Doom is not only the leader of SL~ but he is also the one that posted both of those cb's in question.

Now if they were to count your cb's and not anyone elses from here on, it would be pointless to do so because you have just gotten away with not following the rules, which in turn would be pointless.  I might have been harsh on my first few posts about banning the clans and whatnot but I do believe that the cb's should not count for the rules that were stated by Mauti in his post were not followed.  It is the responsability of the clan leader to make sure that the rules are adheared to, and if the clan leader is the one that makes the problem, then the only logical option is to eliminate the problem, therefore in this case taking out the cb's in question because of lack of research that was done by the leader and members of SL~ and the participating clans within those cb's in question.  So by letting you guys slide with this issue dosent solve anything, for it has happened, and you were called on it.  Therefore these cb's should not count on the basis that the rules were not followed.  

I know that those 5-1 victories that you got were very very hard for you to do.  So I can understand how you can be upset about cbing someone and not getting the wins.  But the problem is that the proper research from your clan and leader was not followed, and therefore I dont see how you should get these wins if you guys did not follow the simple procedure that every clan was supposed to adhere to from the beginning of season 5.  Even though they were not registered on the other clan, you could have stepped up and asked them to register before you cbed them, but again, this protocol wasnt followed.

So this includes all cb's that were not played with registered players.  I am not just stepping on SL~ but also the other cb's that SL~ Fridge was so clear to point out as well, which in fact, are listed in the above posts.  Except for the few that were already dealt with on the issue those other cb's should be taken out as well from the record.  So SL~ can literally blame me for thier inconsistancies in following thru with their research but I believe it was the right thing to do to point these scenarios out as I have listed above.  

+MOD+Saberian

Saberian 3000

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2003, 10:40:20 pm »

And as for Revolts comment, I also agree with what you say, it makes sense and I wish that we didnt have to deal with that type of stuff, but again this issue isnt on the basis of a game cheat, hence, the reason for BL rules ver 1.8.  This is on the idea of clans not doing their part to ensure that this league stays afloat with minimal problems.  Normally I try to stay clear of most issues, especially when i am not involved, but this one has to be addressed, especially since we are using a new method of scoring for this season.  So i do believe that this topic, as well, has relevance for the safe playing and Cbing in season 5.

+MOD+Saberian

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads