*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:26:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Registered Players and 50pts for new clans  (Read 4711 times)
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« on: October 01, 2003, 01:02:15 am »

Srry, dont mean to be a pain in the ass, but how the hell can /GSF/ play a cb let alone lose one to ~SL if they only have one guy registered in their clan to be able to CB on DAMN BL?  Plz explain this.  Cause from what I remember you cannot cb a clan with one guy on the GR ladder and also they have to be registered otherwise you cannot cb until they are.  If this is the case then plz erase the ~SL cb against /GSF/ cause in a legalities of the rules it should not count.  Thanks.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 02:54:29 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Saberian 3000

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 02:48:12 am »

Another question, I thought as well that all clans that have 0 and you fought were worth 50.  I am probably wrong on this but could you plz explain how this works.  Is this just the clans that havent played are worth 50, or all clans that have 0 are worth 50.  Plz explain.  Thanks

+MOD+Saberian

Saberian 3000

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 03:03:24 am »

OK, now I am starting to get annoyed!  There is another CB that it seems that SL~ had with |DIK| that was 5-1-0 win.  I mean look at this freaking post?!?  Dark Doom, Nuke and Elite against |DIK| General Blaster.  Srry but that just dosent cut it guys.  They are supposed to be even matched games with the same amount of people.  This is the 2nd cb I have found that ~SL has posted without any listing of other players played cause |DIK| is not even registered.   And since this has been the 2nd time this has happened and the second time this was posted without no checking whatsoever, then I believe that this is a forfieture of a clan from the CB season.  Ya see, they had to know that it wasnt going to count from the beginning when they posted it and only one clan members name came up, but they posted it nevertheless, without any regard for the rules that were stated of all clans since the beginning of this season.  For that they should be disqualified for attempting to get wins without proper verification from the other team.  Srry, but the rules are the rules, and that one was known by all clan members.  Plus I believe that 2 clans that were also involved should be disqualified as well.
Fix this plz and take care of this cb.  Thanks.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 03:24:20 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 03:28:40 am »

Sab,

My bet is that it was a full 3v3 but 2 of the other teams players have yet to register for the BL.  I doubt SL did a 3v1.  

On another note, only the unranked clans are worth 50pts.  Even if you have no wins, you still have rank, and you'll get those points from that rank.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
Saberian 3000

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 03:36:02 am »

Well, the rules state that all members participating in the cb's MUST be registered with DAMN.  So therefore they tried to post CB's with the knowledge that the other clan did not yet sign up for BL completely.  i mean what the hell is the point for all my members to sign up if they can play anyway without being registered to DAMN.  That was part of the rules, as far as I know.  Weather or not it was a 3 vs 3 was not the point.  SL~ did not do their homework, and on top of it SL~ tried to cover the CB up with a lie knowing that the other clans members were not registered.  So that being the case they should at least be taken out as counted cb's cause they were not official.  I am only going by what the rules were about all members participating in cb's had to register for the DAMN BL.   The part that get's to me is that they had to know when they were posting it that those clans couldnt cb until they had more clan members registered.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 03:40:21 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

Saberian 3000

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 03:37:22 am »

thanks for clearing up the points thing splinter

+MOD+Saberian

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 03:42:19 am »

Uhh yeah he sorta has a point...

Why did i send out mass emails and bug the hellout of my members if i could just cb with them not being registered?

in that case i have been wasting my time looking for clans that are already signed up into the league... going through each info file... making sure they are all signed up... even helping other clan leaders with signup issues....

and by the way fridge... you should check who your fighting before it happends.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 03:44:50 am by BTs_eight » Logged

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
SL~Fridge
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 03:43:14 am »

Okay, I really don't think that you should revoke the cb because of their fault, I didn't play in the cb, so I'm not sure if we may have come to an agreement to override the rules and let their members, but no matter the circumstance, it was not our fault, if they played 2 non registered members without telling us that is their fault, don't take our earned points for that, it wasn't an unfair cb, just non registered members must have played in it.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 03:50:12 am »

Well Fridge,

the problem is that you guys had to know they wearnt registered.  Instead of doing the right thing by helping them register you just posted it knowing that it was against the rules.  So that is why I hold you guys accountable.  If it was just a mistake then that would be one thing, but you knew that it was illigal for you to post those games when the other clans were not registered with their players.  And also no one would have really checked because we would have accepted it as a legal game cause no one thought that you could get away with that.  The simple fact is that you guys didnt even tell an admin about it, you just posted it.  Knowing that if you did tell an admin, they would have most likely told you to climb a tree and check before you cb, and they definitely would not have counted the cb's in the first place.  I am not posting this to go after SL~, but I am posting it cause it is the fair thing and should be recognized as an issue that needs to be dealt with.  As you can see I have agreed with SL~ on certain issues and havent on others.  But in this case it is a fact that they knew what they were doing when they posted these results, so therefore because of the issue that it is a fact that they knew, then something should be done about this because of the obvious violation o.f DAMN rules of registration.  There is no way SL~ couldnt have known about this when they posted it.  So that is why because of deliberately withholding information about a cb that was played they should be penalized for this to prevent further events that would allow a clan to be dishonest with their postings.  the honor code is the only thing that binds us to our word, and in this case the honor code WAS NOT followed!

Oh, and it wasnt just one cb that was a problem like with |DIK|, there is also another cb with the same issue, it was /GSF/ as well, earning SL~ a combined total of 100 pts.  Which if taken off should put them at least in 3rd place behind BTs.

Srry bro, but it is my responsability as leader of a DAMN BL clan to act in a responsible manner in reporting any incidents that might be deemed as cheating, and this unfortunately is one of them.  It wasnt cheating in the game, but these cb's by any rights should AT LEAST not be counted.  For if you guys had earned them then you should have done the research like all other clans have to do.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 04:13:58 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

Vectorman

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 06:56:50 am »

Hey look, it's another issue including SL~ that has been blown way out of proportion!
SL~Fridge
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 06:58:43 am »

Ok man, shit happens, I dont' know the details because I didn't confirm either cb or play in the DIK cb, but look:

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1021

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1025

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1042

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1049

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1055

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1057

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~damnr6/clanladder/index.php?module=showcb&cbID=1074

now saberian, isn't it your duty as self appointed enforcer of the fundamental rules and rights of all of the BL ladder to post in outrage against all these cb's and seeking swift immediate action against all clans involved in the above posted links.

Bottom line, shit happens, it's not isolated to us, why is everybody on SL~ so hardcore these days
Saberian 3000

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 07:10:56 am »

I just replied to what I saw, I didnt go thru all those, but since you did you have done the job.  So these should be dismissed as well.  I agree to that.  But are you saying cause others did it that it was ure right to do it as well?  so they should be taken off cause the rules were not followed.  If you guys cant follow simple rules then you shouldnt play.  All these people are responsible for signing up.  It's not like nobody knew about it.  All the clans were well aware of what they needed to do.  But if you take offense to what I have done when I saw you guys did it, well, you shouldnt have done it.  You guys, especially the clans leaders should know what needs to be done to register your clan.  If I am right I believe Mauti emailed to all clan leaders what needs to be done to enter your clan into BL.  It wasnt followed, therefore shouldnt count, adn clans posting these results should be dealt with accordingly.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 07:16:06 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

SL~Fridge
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2003, 07:18:41 am »

A follow up on my previous post, okay now, that about 9 cb's with 2 clans in each cb, now almost all of those clans cb'd following those cb's and gained points based on those cb's which determined how many points were gained in other cb's and lost in cb's which then went off to play other ppl with points that were decided by these cb's, don't you see, it's a huge mess, it pretty much effects everybody in the ladder to change them or nullfy them and would have other cb's taken place had those not taken place, say clan a cb'd clan b because clan b had so many points, they worked hard to get them, but clan a received points from one of those many messed up cb's, then clan a no longer had those many points that clan b fought for etc. etc. etc.  It's not a matter that's hurting anybody really so why do we have to get so involved in it when there are so many complications and reprecussions of approaching it as sab wishes.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2003, 07:33:00 am »

Fridge, the point is these clans didnt follow up on their shit before they cbed.  It is a fact that all these clans should have had the ample players on before they agreed to a cb of such magnitude.  And if they didnt have their guys online to register then it shouldnt count, period.  people need to follow rules, but you are getting so personally butt-hurt about this.  You did post it knowing it was wrong yet you did so without even batting an eye cause you knew that if you told an afmin they would not count it.  Now, why didnt you talk to an admin if you knew it was wrong.  Yeah, i thought so.  End of story.

+MOD+Saberian

Saberian 3000

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2003, 07:58:57 am »

GM vs. Agt clanladder id #1021 = well fridge if you read the psot on here you would realise that they already dealt with this issue of the one member not registering.

Devil Vs. Oz clanladder id #1025 = Well your right on this one, shit, no one signed up on either team

Ghra vs |3ID| clanladder id # 1042= Another cb where no one signed up.  Should not count

[A] vs NBK clanladder id # 1049= As well another clan battle where no one signed up

|NBK| vs |3ID| clanladder id # 1055= yet another game where the clans did not sign up properly

[one] vs |3ID| clanladder id # 1057= another game where no one followed procedure and should not count for this game either.

[one] vs VP clanladder id # 1074 = Yet another game where the opposing clan was not checked out before the cb was cast.

these clans should have followed procedure before cbing a clan that didnt have registered people yet online.  The idea of registration from what I gathered is to make sure that people were supposed to be recorded for the right clan and to make sure of others trying to be in 2 clans at once.  That is why they ask for all the info when you sign in.  If you dont sign in then there is no way to track these issues.  So therefore these cb's shouldnt count either in all fairness, or should be dealt with accordingly.

If these games are allowed to be played as normal then it defeats the purpose of the whole idea of registering.  you might as well not do it, or therefore I shouldnt have spent a Friday getting all my guys setup in registration if we could have played anyway.

+MOD+Saberian
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 08:03:02 am by +MOD+Saberian » Logged

SL~Fridge
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2003, 08:08:59 am »

First off, stop using the word, "you" As "I" did not confirm the cb's, secondly yes I am aware of the fact that the clans should have registered, however the magnitude of the problem which would be caused by approaching it as you see fit, seems to outweight the magnitude of the problems with letting them stand.  I'm not just stating this because of SL~ 's involvement in this issue as this will essentially effect almost if not every clans points, and I think these clans that selected a clan to cb based on their rank, and received a hardfought win along with the points to show, only to learn later that the clan they defeated was not truly in the position they thought they were after the modifications and their choice was different from how they would have chosen had they known the result of the modifications beforehand, will be slightly pissed off.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2003, 08:26:26 am »

Well, my tact is a bit lacking when it comes to saying my point but my point still stands.  You were saying basically that you did not know till after the cb.  Well, the simple fact is that is why all this info is available for you to use.  So you can check out the clan real quick before you cb them, which was obviously not done.  In either even there are a lot of cb's that were played with non-registered members:

CB#'s: 1077,1074,1072,1070,1057,1055,1049,1042,1041,1025,1021

Now the simple fact of the matter is that these cb's should have been looked into by any of the two clans that were involved but they were not.  It is true that this will be a serious issue to be dealt with and the easiest thing is to just let it go, but the discision needs to be at least made.  I first noticed this issue with SL~ and went off cause I was pissed that many other clans were looking hard, and SL~ was avoiding the issue of one of their cb's being tainted and just said fuck it and posted it anyway.  Well, it seems that mainly 3 clans also had this issue as well with reporting CB's with non-registered members and they should be dealt with as well.  Should people that follow the rules be placed in a situation where they watch people that dont get away with wins that were not even with registered members?  Well,  again, that is up to BL admins to decide that.  I can see how you get pissed about me pointing the finger at you guys, but then again you were the guys that I caught doing it.  That's all, and if you hadnt refused the cb we asked for in the first place earlier today I would have never even looked in the first place, nor been the wiser, but I did, and there it was.  So I had to by right say something about it.  And if they didnt want to do anything about it then I will know.  But it is my right to point out anything that seems suspicious, for I am a player as well in this league, and I have to set an example for the others in my clan that following the rules and not cheating is the only way to play a game.  If others cant handle that then i am sorry, but I am very stern when I say that.  I act on my convictions, and only regret when nothing is learned from it.

+MOD+Saberian

+MOD+

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2003, 09:38:48 am »

I find all this somewhat confusing. If there are clans that have broken the BL rules when carrying out cb's the the problems were not rectified or clarified with BL admins... Why the hell should they count? One rule for some of us and another for everyone else?

Why should eight in BTs, or us in MOD or the other clans have to sort out our members, get them regestered, make sure they have regesterd correctly, make sure they are familiar with changes to and modifications to the BL rules.... IF SOME CLANS are just going to ignore it???

Just annoys me a tad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2003, 09:43:19 am »

CB#'s: 1077,1074,1072,1070,1057,1055,1049,1042,1041,1025,1021

Now the simple fact of the matter is that these cb's should have been looked into by any of the two clans that were involved but they were not.

CB # 1021 was dealt w/. DVS was the non registered member who we caught glitching. He came in as a sub for cassoc.  When the cb started every member of both clans in the cb were registered. I did post in the tread about the glitch that DVS was not registered for the BL. It was dealt w/ already!

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2003, 09:44:53 am »

While we are on the topic of strange irregularities. Can someone enlighten me please. It would apper that differnet clans are playing a different number of games in cb's. for instance:

ID: 1075 BTs v GhRa 8:0:0      - um why continue after 5:0 when GhRa had no way of winning? if u play the full 8 games even though a clan has won, dosnt this just give you more points?

ID: 1036   [one] v [nbk]  6:4:2  - now my maths has never been good. but dosn't 6 plus 4 plus 2 make 12?...... 12? what happend to 8 games and one sudden death should a draw occur? That much have got a lot of points that game... oh yeah it did... 160 points to be precise

Anyone fancy showing me the light please Im somwhat in the dark!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads