*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 11:16:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: OZ vs GM Last Replay Issue  (Read 3254 times)
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« on: September 28, 2003, 09:29:47 am »

OK CB GhR team. OZ v GM
 ok the bl rules say  . If one clan asks for a replay the replays must be sent within 10mins after the cb was finished. Notice that on dedicated servers the admin has to be in the game or otherwise you can't save the reply!

We think that they used a glitch in mp castle map. They saved all replays execpt that map. we asked for replays.. they could not produce them.  here is the convo we had about it.

[OZ] Zabe.cb: thanks for playing
|GM|GhostSniper: We want the replay
|GM|Gen.Harvey: last game replay?
<< |GM|Spetsnaz joined the room >>
[OZ] Zabe.cb: shit..
|GM|Spetsnaz: dude we need that replay
[OZ] Zabe.cb: what do i do..
|GM|Gen.Harvey: if we dont have it it make cb our win b/c of forfit due to breaking the BL rules
|GM|Spetsnaz: thats the rules
[OZ] Zabe.cb: thats not fair
|GM|Gen.Harvey: i said replay
|GM|Gen.Harvey: then you quit game
[OZ] Zabe.cb: it was an accedent
[OZ] Zabe.cb: i had already clicked the arrow
|GM|Spetsnaz: this is match play
|GM|Spetsnaz: you have to have replays
[OZ] Jedda.CB: He quit.
[OZ] Jedda.CB: It was an accident
[OZ] Jedda.CB: sorry =P
|GM|Spetsnaz: i understand
|GM|Gen.Harvey: thats rules
[OZ] Jedda.CB: its not
[OZ] Jobe: we are sorry
|GM|Gen.Harvey: thats y i said replay
|GM|Spetsnaz: but the rules say replays are a must
|GM|Gen.Harvey: yes it is
|GM|GhostSniper: Yes, it is the rules
|GM|Gen.Harvey: it was added today
[OZ] Zabe.cb: you said it after i had clicked the arrow
[OZ] Jedda.CB: there is no rule taht says if that happens it is a 6 -0 loss
[OZ] Jedda.CB: no rule
|GM|Gen.Harvey: i will get link for you
[OZ] Jobe: pleaz don't be nasty about this
[OZ] Zabe.cb: come on dudes
[OZ] Zabe.cb: it was an accident
|GM|Spetsnaz: THe is DAMN BL you have to save replays
[OZ] Jedda.CB: Wtf?
[OZ] Zabe.cb: im really sorry
[OZ] Jedda.CB: Im so lost.
[OZ] Jobe: yeh
[OZ] Jedda.CB: Yeah
[OZ] Jobe: we know
[OZ] Jedda.CB: he save all but one
[OZ] Jobe: and we have been
[OZ] Jedda.CB: accident
[OZ] Jedda.CB: hahaha
|GM|Gen.Harvey: ill show you in the rules
[OZ] Jobe: but we always do that on the host
[OZ] Jedda.CB: he saves all but one
[OZ] Jedda.CB: we win
[OZ] Jobe: pleaz pleaz pleaz pleaz
[OZ] Jobe: understand
[OZ] Jedda.CB: he accidentilty clicks wrong aroow   - (if you click ether arrow you cant save replay)
[OZ] Jobe: we are very sorry
|GM|Spetsnaz: Ok well we'll see what mauti says
[OZ] Jedda.CB: we lose?
[OZ] Jedda.CB: thats silly
[OZ] Zabe.cb: who is mauti.
|GM|GhostSniper: We think you glitched on the last game....we aren't sure....but we want to check

I asked for replay as soon as we went into debrief screenREPLAY showed up on the chat.. then the game quit. We think they might have glitched on the last game  (MP castle map) and that is the only replay they did not save. sry about this prob. but i know the rule was just put into effect. seams like another cb another prob.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 10:16:21 am by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2003, 10:22:05 am »

Well I didn't wrote anything about the consequences but OZ clearly broke a rule no matter if they did it with purpose or not.

Well the last game will be nullified and you have 24hours to repeat the last game on a map chosen by GM(can be anyone no matter how often you played it). Same amount of players, on the same host where the last game was played, with the same gamemode and team colors chosen.

If you fail to repeat the game I'll announce the consequences.

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 11:07:29 am »

ok  here is the bl rule
If one clan asks for a replay the replays must be sent within 10mins after the cb was finished or the cb will be nullified or counted as forfeit win

ok we played the game over and they won the last game. they said they saved the replay. I asked them to send me the replays. I gave them the email address to send them to. they never replied to me instead 5 mins l8r they went into another cb w/ GhRa. I never got the replays in the alloted amount of time of 10 min. this is now the second time tonight. I asked him b4 if he wanted the replays from my server and Jedda said no he did not. I did ask for the replays the second time and still have not recived them.

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Zabe
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2003, 11:33:00 am »

Shit sorry, they are sent now. I am the only guy who has the replays and i quit GR as soon as the game finished for dinner. So essentially, no you didnt give us the email address to send the stuff too. But its all OK! I logged back on about 20 mins later and sent the replays and GM is happy.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 11:33:12 am »

Ok they finaly sent me the email after i got intouch w/ them 30 min later.. this is still breaking the new rule.. but i will leave it up to your judgement.

[OZ] Jedda

[Orgasmic Zebra]

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2003, 11:33:42 am »

Damn I feel stupid right now.

Just as the replayed CB finished, i had to go and have dinner, so i have no real idea what occured. I'm extremely pissed that the replays were not sent immediately, and im terribly sorry i didnt reply to your requests, as my headphonbes were plugged in and i was afk.

I realise that we broke a rule, and im completely prepared to lie down and take the consequences.

As to the matter of glitching -

The replay of the castle game was NOT saved due to an accidental quit.

All i can do to assure you of the fact that no unintentional, or intentional glitching occured is to give you my god, darn, honest word. [OZ] has never, and never will participate in intentional gitching during a CB. Fullstop.

Today has pissed me off.

Bugger wee poo damn penis. - J

BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2003, 11:40:19 am »

ok at start of cb i asked for replays to be saved
i said at the end of each game to save replay.

the one map we thought they were glitching on was castle. I was goingt check the first time we played castle ( b4 the one that was in ?) and guess what.. they did not send me that replay. when i asked them.. they said that they did not save it. We played castle 2 times.. they were the replays not saved. one of your clan mates showed me this glitch that i thought might have been used and i wanted to make sure it was not.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 12:29:05 pm by LeeHarveyOzwald » Logged

[OZ] Jedda

[Orgasmic Zebra]

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2003, 12:19:57 pm »

Harvey, i know this seems like a serious matter, but i have no idea what you are talking about..Huh

If there is a glitch that ALL oz members know about, i certainly dont.

I was killed at he begnning of the game, i was alternating between the veiws of both oz players and i didnt see any glitch.

I am just amazed by this whole situaion. What went from a small, easy mistake, has gone to a full accusation of cheating, and that pisses me off.

[OZ] have played over 50 cbs before this, and there has never been a slight problem. Im sure if we were cheating, someone else might have noticed something...

Anyone? The floor is open.

- J

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2003, 12:21:52 pm »

On behalf of |GM| I would like to state the following. The only reason we are contesting this match is that the missing replay in question would have decided the entire match. Not longer than a day or two ago an OZ member whom we will not name( was not present during CB) jokingly showed us a glitch on the castle map, and was said to have been known only by the OZ clan. The usage of this very glitch could have been used during our last match but of course we could never prove this beyond a resonable doubt because the replay was not saved on "accident". Hopefully the rules will see to justice being served.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
th.Sentinel

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2003, 12:29:01 pm »

Another thing is that they didn't save the first game on Castle either. Was this an accident to? 2 times the Castle map weird...

I say one thing: Play by the rules! Or don't play at all!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 12:33:57 pm by |GM|th.Sentinel » Logged

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
Zabe
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2003, 02:09:17 pm »

Ok guys its all resolved. GM and OZ have settled their differnces and now we are all friends!
We didnt cheat, GM knows that and we have all learnt something from this unfortunate incident.
Zabe
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2003, 02:25:12 pm »

Oh and by the way. We did rematch. OZ beat GM with 3 kills on Red Square.
[OZ] Rhino
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2003, 02:29:42 pm »

Not longer than a day or two ago an OZ member whom we will not name( was not present during CB) jokingly showed us a glitch on the castle map, and was said to have been known only by the OZ clan.

I take full responsibility for what I informed GM| of (The Glitch)..... and wasn't jokingly showing it, as a matter of fact I was showing them the glitch as a friend would do. I do agree that it might sound sus that zabe did not save the replay.... but has it happened to you, it has infact happend to me and other friends. I just think this is turning out to be a of a witch hunt.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2003, 03:26:47 pm »

Ok guys its all resolved. GM and OZ have settled their differnces

This issue isn't resolved!

Where is the replay of the first game on the Castle Map?Huh

We didn't get that either!
So as long as we're not getting the replay this issue stays open!

We won't accept the loss! We asked for the replay after every game, how come you lost the replay then? Lost it by accident? You threw it in the bin by accident?

Come on guys give us the replays, stick by the rules.
Download them! Read them! And follow them!

Why are they called rules, if you don't follow them???

I'm a bit dissapointed, you [OZ] guys are a real friendly bunch? How come this is happening?

Well I hope to see you soon, to settle this, because WE WANT THE REPLAY!
NO REPLAY its up to the Admins to discuss!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 03:28:12 pm by |GM|th.Sentinel » Logged

SL~Fridge
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2003, 05:10:37 pm »

if you have record game on, and you forget to save the replay, I'm pretty sure you can close the room and grab the replay still because it saves a default replay of the match which is overwritten I think each game, but if you don't play another game the default replay contains the last game played, so OZ could have just grabbed the default replay and still might be able to.
th.Sentinel

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 06:35:11 pm »

They went straight into another game so the replay was lost a few min after.
Harve asked them to get the replay before they went, but they said they weren't able to get it... Strange...

c| Dr. NO

Co||ective

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 08:30:22 pm »

whole thing looks fishy to me...

GM:  did you lose the matches played on castle?  both times?  and if so, where abouts were the OZ players when you were shot?  you can glitch in to almost all the houses on castle.  i think we all know this already, in fact castle is the one well known map to glitch on.  Not to say that OZ was glitching...cause we cant check that...both times, but it is an easy glitch and you have full view 360? out of the house with out being able to get shot.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 09:27:55 pm by c| Dr. NO » Logged

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.  Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;  forget them as soon as you can.  Tomorrow is a new day.  You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.    - Emerson
GhostSniper
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2003, 09:27:12 pm »

I was in the CB last night against OZ.  The game in question was the tie breaking last match of the CB on day castle.  I was sitting next to the northernmost house at position G6....facing south at the house next to it.  I was kneeling next to the blue water tank on the south side of the house.....so I couldn't be seen well from the east, and my team was on the west side.  I saw someone from OZ run in the direction of the house, so I got into position and layed a sensor.  I could see that on sensors, the person was in the front part of that house near the front door.  Now, I am sitting here waiting for the person to come out of the house.....I couldn't see the front door, I would have just seen someone comming out.....then bam!  A shot comes from out of the SIDE of the house....one well aimed shot, one kill!  Then a second later, a shot fires from out of the same spot on the side of the house and kills my teammate that was up on the castle wall looking down.  Now, I can maybe buy that my vision was bad....but then they couldn't produce the replay so we could be sure.  Then, they also mysteriously lost the replay for the same castle map that we played near the beginning of the CB.  Okay, so they say they forgot to save the last game.....but then LOST the replay from the earlier game on the same map TOO???  Sorry, that is a little hard for me to believe.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2003, 09:58:24 pm »

GM:  did you lose the matches played on castle?  both times?

Yes we did.. no replays were saved for ether of them.

The matter is not settle yet OZ. I still would like a ruling on this matter due to the fact that another replay was missing from the same map. Still seams a little fishy. My point is... Some The replays I wanted are missing.. violating BL rules
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 10:12:51 pm by LeeHarveyOzwald » Logged

.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2003, 10:09:55 pm »

If the replay's were sent like asked in the beginning of the cb there would be no problems here what so ever. I think we all know where the decision is goin here. Mauti, I dont think that the last game should be played at all. The replays were asked for, they should have been given. It seems to me they closed the game as quickly as possible so they could use that excuse. Thoughts?

p.s. On a personal note, and this doent pertain to this cb in general,  there would be no problems if there were no cheaters, and if replays were sent in a timely manner. We can only speculate what happened during those 2 cb's and if we had the replays there would be no speculation. That is why there is a rule in effect fot the replays. Follow it and all will be fine, dont follow it, well this problem is an example of what can happen. Please learn from your mistakes.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2003, 10:14:28 pm by .:VooDoo:. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads