*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:19:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DFA - MP cheattest  (Read 3499 times)
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2003, 07:54:27 pm »

and, all i did was save using the wrong thing, in a minute ill show you some images i just took of my nv and non nv, and i saved those the right way........

(images comin soon...)

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Ghoul
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2003, 09:20:08 pm »

Wow, Shasta seems to get a lot of bad breaks.....

Question I ask is.....were there any night games and did DFA win those?
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2003, 09:33:37 pm »

lets see we did castle 2 times, training 2 times, ghost town 2 times, and river once, no night maps.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2003, 11:19:37 pm »

Shasta the nv mod helps remove fog...it helps on days maps, snipers...

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"
|MP|Buccaneer
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2003, 11:49:48 pm »

one more thing to add...

i use the highest quality resolution, and it runs fine on my computer, so why not use it, well the ss of in game come out to be about 1.5 mb each, and 3 mb to send in email takes more than 5 minutes, possibly 20-30, so i don't see why im punished for having a better computer than you.....heheh jk

Shasta, I also use very high res, and yes, the screen shots that GhR takes are 1.4MB each or so, but they got across country in 2 minutes with both images (from the .mac account to the mp account and from a canadian account to the mp accout).  Please don't be blaming the mail server, especially when I have the smtp logs that show what time each message reached the servers.

As for saving the wrong thing, you shouldn't be saving anything, just pressing f4.  

Another really funny thing is when I took screen shots (again, high res like you) and lowered the quality to take them down to 100kb (the size of your files) but kept them the large format like you did, they were still not pixilated like yours at all.  No artifacts, no blocks, text still legible and lines still meeting.  Why did yours look so bad?  Here, i'll put them all on a page to compare at http://www.macclans.com/shasta.html  

And Ghoul, full screen NV also eleminates Haze on day maps, and is great at letting you see people farther away.  It's great for maps like Castle and Ghost Town, just FYI.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Screw the pussy isolationists and their shortsightedness - Buccaneer
Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2003, 11:59:08 pm »

bucc he used photoshop to "save for web" using jpg with a quality of 0 brings out the complaints that Ace described.

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2003, 12:30:53 am »

well i guess the only thing to do is wait for mauti's decision, if you see ace tell him im sorry, but for him to say i cheated and automatically rule out that i sent the email is unsportsmanlike, if you look at it from my perspective, i don't know exactly what i saved it as, all i know is my charter.net is screwy and doesn't like huge files, so i don't see how i can be punished.

and from MP's point of view, mine do look very choppy, but that isn't to say i saved mine differently than you, so i think this is a crisis that can only be resolved by a decision, hell, right now, i don't care, everyone thinks i cheat now, i hope you guys had a good time ruining my reputation.

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 12:54:33 am »

I too did this cheat test thingy.... Using a 1.5 meg nv file... and yes i agree with nara, if you "save for web" and set the settings to 0 you'll get the same exact file as Shasta.

I'm not for either side I just wanted to contribute my own fndings...

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2003, 02:04:52 am »

did you not read my post on jpgs eight?
A high jpg compression will not make things as grainy as shasta's screenshot, the best word to describe jpg compression is "chunky." If a grain texture was put on top of a screenshot like that, then compressed heavly the same look happens since is more noise and shapes to compress.  Not to mention the fact that in his screenshot there is the charicteristic pixels of noise surounding a corner or edge which happens on a normal ghr screenshot thats highly compressed.

The reason its so suspicious is because we got the screenshot 2 hours late, it looks doctored, and shasta convienently deleted his original copies.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2003, 02:27:12 am »

Just look at your email source please and post what you see.

That's all I need,

Thanks,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2003, 06:07:58 am »

did you not read my post on jpgs eight?
A high jpg compression will not make things as grainy as shasta's screenshot, the best word to describe jpg compression is "chunky." If a grain texture was put on top of a screenshot like that, then compressed heavly the same look happens since is more noise and shapes to compress.  Not to mention the fact that in his screenshot there is the charicteristic pixels of noise surounding a corner or edge which happens on a normal ghr screenshot thats highly compressed.

The reason its so suspicious is because we got the screenshot 2 hours late, it looks doctored, and shasta convienently deleted his original copies.

well it saved over it, and mauti has a ss that you don't, and would clearly end this stupid arguement.

TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2003, 09:42:00 am »

Shasta i advice u to put ur ss online on a web page next time so screw slow mail servers ( mail the ss' + upload it on a web page, also send u urself the mail at same time  when u mail the ss at the other clan, u ll should be fine then !)

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Ghoul
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2003, 09:53:27 am »

Bucc...good point about daytime nv
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2003, 05:47:43 pm »

Since MP fails to look at the email source code, which could prove when the emails were sent, I'll take Shasta's word that he sent the ss at the right time. Obviously they got stucked at some of the mail servers.

About the quality of the ss: there is nothing about it in the rules that you can't change file size(will be added now).

CB can be posted.

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
alaric
Forum Whore

What good is life if you don't have freedom?

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2003, 07:20:08 pm »

Wait wait wait Mauti. We thought you were talking to shasta asking HIM to post his email source code. Sorry for the confusion. I'm at work right now so I don't have access to it but I'll see if I can find someone who can get it up ASAP.

"I would rather have incompetence and abuse of power than a group of people who want to bow down to the French and the United Nations." - BTs Ghostsniper, June 17, 2004, 01:44:16 PM
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2003, 08:23:45 pm »

I got the email outgoing messages log from Shasta but that can be faked so I would like to have seen the email source code where the different receiving times from each email server are shown.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2003, 09:03:04 pm »

well, if mine can be faked couldn't they fake it and say the server didn't log  it, meaning there was no email?Huh

Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2003, 10:20:37 pm »

i remember bucc saying the logs show when both emails came onto the macclans servers 2hours later than they shoulda been. And you did not make it clear who needed to send the source, i'll tell bucc to send you all the necessaries.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 10:23:47 pm by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2003, 11:22:07 pm »

i think you should just drop it MP, mauti already said it could be posted, so just stop this non sense.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2003, 01:25:17 am »

Jeb, the completed(the sent) email source can only be viewed by the recipient so I thought it was clear.

Shasta all in all you are as long right until someone proves the contrary. Your screenshot is a good point to start with but the email source is the most objective proof and it needs only a few seconds to look at. So I was asking for it.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads