*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:07:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DFA - MP cheattest  (Read 3502 times)
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« on: June 19, 2003, 04:05:17 am »

We had a CB with |DFA| about an hour ago. At the start of the game, we talked of a cheat test but decided to not do the test immediately. However, we asked if we could reserve the right to a cheat test later and they consented. It was tied 1-1 and Shasta was complaining about his 'x' button not working. He asked to leave, and though we were somewhat skeptical we allowed it. After the next two games, both of them wins by |DFA|, we were concerned about cheating. We asked for a cheat test, which we proceeded to do without any problems. |DFA| went on to win by a score of 4-2-1. After the game, both Alaric and I sent our emails to SAR. We received an email from SAR, however at this moment we have not received anything from Shasta. As you can see from the BL Drop Box thread, the CB ended around 6:26 PST. It is currently 7:03 PST.

Given that Shasta failed to email us the screenshots, we have reason to believe that he was cheating. Under BL rules, he has 5 minutes to send us the email. We have given him ample time. We demand that the CB be ruled a forfeit on account of the actions of Shasta.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
SAR(VoLaTile)

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 04:26:36 am »

i dont know what happened.. shasta told me he was sent the ss's.
btw, he can still send them. whats the big deal.
i sent mine.. and i hd that problem with HE||. i couldnt lay down with the "x" button either.
and how do we know u never got it? maybe u are lying? He told me he sent them.
also....when shasta left did he not come back after 1 second?
i dont see how its a forfeit. Maybe he typoed when he wrote down the email adress. He should still have tim eto send them to you.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 04:44:19 am by SAR » Logged

No pics in your sig pls - Your Forum moderators
|DFA| shasta
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2003, 05:32:36 am »

i sent those god damn pictures, i did it now, but i honestly don't see why i should be punished for someithng i didn't do, i sent them, my email said i did, WHAT THE FUCK ELSE DO YOU WANT ME TO DO??!!
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 05:38:57 am »

i dunno if im too late but here are links, i put them on our web directory....

copy and paste the text of these links, do not click the link itself...

http://www34.brinkster.com/dfaghr/Screen%20Shots/Snapshot%2010.jpg

http://www34.brinkster.com/dfaghr/Screen%20Shots/Snapshot%2011.jpg
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 02:12:29 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 05:43:19 am »

I get a broken link.

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 06:03:57 am »

1 hour 55 mins too late according to the rules.
You have to send the screenshot within 5minutes after you have left the host. If you don't do so admins will judge about the cb and you as you would have cheated.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 06:06:51 am by Jeb » Logged

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 06:18:34 am »

see what you meanies don't understand is that ace left without confirming that my ss were good, and i did send them, it just didn't make the server, and as you see here i clearly did not cheat, so if i get punished for ace leaving and leaveing me clueless as to if it arrived or not, then you people can just screw off.

sorry i edited this when i realized what i said, i took out the bad words.... Smiley
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 02:08:13 pm by Shasta » Logged

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Unfortunately, most of them go hand in hand.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 09:12:18 am »

Hi,

alright guys first off rules are there to be followed and not to be ignored for 1hour and 50mins. This is simply to prevent that you don't have time to modify your pics.

The MP email server log doesn't show that you have tried to send your email earlier further when you tried it a second time the ss was immediatley received.

Shasta could you please send me your screenshots in the original resolution to damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com. Thanks. Further you could do a screenshot of your email outgoing messages. I would like to see on ONE screenshot a list of all sent messages from your first try until your last one that MP received. You say it was sent through so your mail will be appear on this list.

MP5 doesn't have to wait by rules but I gonna add this so you get an immediate confirmation if the other team received the screenshots.

That's it for the moment.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Ace
Resident Ass
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 09:24:46 am »

Hmm, I thought that I put this in the Problem thread. Mods, mind leaving a msg if you fork so I don't lose my mind. ;)

Anyways, back to the point. There are two issues: timeliness of sending the screenshots and the integrity of the screenshots. Unfortunately for Shasta, he has failed at both

We finally received the screenshots at 8:31 PST. In fact, we received two emails. One is ostensibly dated by the sender at 6:21 PST, while the other seems to be accurately dated by the sender at 8:30 PST. However, according to the mail server, the first sender dating is a forgery. And just in case you are wondering, it took 4 minutes on average to send a mail from Hotmail (once of the more notoriously slow servers) to Macclans.

However, the more pressing matter is that the screenshots that he sent were doctored. We were looking at the screenshots of all 4 players and a high-res example from Bucc (as both Alaric and I can't handle high-res on our machines), and it became painfully obvious that his screens looked out of the ordinary. For example, his night vision is extremely choppy around the edges, not smooth like in a normal setup. Also, the font is a blurred attempt to copy the normal in-game font. After doing some research, we confirmed that these have in fact been doctored by Photoshop.

Mauti, I urge you to declare this CB a forfeit on account on Shasta's misdeeds. He has broken multiple Battle League rules in an attempt to disguise his actions.

There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 09:35:10 am »

Of course they have been edited because nobody plays that grainy. To change resolutions and file size you need to edit them with a tool like photoshop.

Well sometimes mails need a long time to get through(mail server of his isp could be overloaded) so what makes you think that the first mail date is a fake beside the bizarre facts.

However I would like to see the original unmodified screenshots and email log at his side.

BYe,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2003, 09:45:46 am »

well i didn't know i couldn't reduce the quality, my stupid email doesn't like bigger files, i don't see that shit anywhere in the rules, and it hasn't caused a problem so far. i don't know how i can get the files back but it saved over the original copy, (since i didn't think it was wrong), i am out of DFA now, but i wanna save them grief by trying a different solution.

i can however get a screen shot saying that i sent the email.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 09:49:15 am by |DFA| Shasta |CO| » Logged

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2003, 10:07:09 am »

Yep pls send me the email chatlog ss.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2003, 10:57:47 am »

If Shasta is using  stuffs like Hotmail, caramal etc
those free mail services sux and taaaake time to send a damm ss, specially with an file enclosed with it
and i will understand that he doesnt want that a professional email used for gaming shit

Mauti i think u should extend time to 5m ->15 m

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2003, 11:14:40 am »

also indicate that in rules using a ftp is allowed to share cheat screenshoots ? or a caracho serv what ever

mb it will be less messed up if by example clan leader put his team' SS on a ftp,server etc  (grab all SS from the cb in 1 shoot ?)

i think asking the leader or the guy in "charge" for a cb of each clan to collect ss of his own clan and then send it; will avoid  lost,forgot,lagged screen shots, full email box etc

Oh well just some ideas....

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2003, 11:49:07 am »

At first Some compression artifacts were aparent on the screenshot (the mozaic chunks around the edges, and the scraggly artifacts around the letters). However on furter inspection the mozaics don't  fit with the typical look. The JPG compression will strip as much color as posible from the image, without effecting the detail to heavely. Meaning that similar colors next to each other show up as blocks when zoomed in.  The problem with shasta's screenshot is that it looks like some grain was thrown in and it was compressed, because there is no distinction between the solid textures and the  detailed textures.  

This does not happen on a virgin high res GHR screenshot after a heavy compression. This only happens when noise is thrown into a image.

And about email headers, they are a relatively easy thing to fool. If anyone wants proof give me a name, email adress, and date and you'll send you a email that meets your requirements.
-jeb

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2003, 12:24:01 pm »

Jeb I know that you can simply fake headers and times but how do you want to know that Shasta did so!?

I for myself have often experienced that emails got stuck at my isp's email server and were sent later. Well nevertheless I would like to see the ss from Shasta before I fell my decision.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2003, 01:56:33 pm »

well given that i emailed *DAMN with a screenshot of my screen(entourage) it is my sent folder, 2 to MP@macclans.com, and the other is a different cb, which is irrelavent in this case, and the fact that by 9:21 a doctored up user-put in text simply isn't possible, all i did was reduce the quality, i bet if it had made the server the first time like it should have, they would have believed me in the first place, and as i said before, ace didn't respond to me asking if i was ok on the cheat test, and im not waiting around all day to find out.

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2003, 02:01:12 pm »

Thanks for the mail Shasta.

Jeb about headers and daters what you can't fake is the email source code. The email source code shows the times when the different isp mail server received the email! Please check the dates and times(whoever of you received the screenshots) and you know if Shasta really immediatley sent the mail or not and I can finally fell a decision.

Bye,

Mauti

Here is an example of a source code:

Code:
Received: from [207.38.1.58] by ntmail.gamespy.com (NTMail 7.00.0022/AX0191.00.1ce0e1da) with ESMTP id wnvgcsaa for damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com; Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:35:03 -0700
Received: from swan.mail.pas.earthlink.net (swan.mail.pas.earthlink.net [207.217.120.123])
???by mail3.gamespy.com (8.12.9/8.12.9) with ESMTP id h5IIZ1qJ021411
???for <damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com>; Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:35:01 -0700
Received: from pool0691.cvx28-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net ([209.179.130.181] helo=earthlink.net)
???by swan.mail.pas.earthlink.net with esmtp (Exim 3.33 #1)
???id 19Shlq-0003YF-00
???for damnr6@planetrainbowsix.com; Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:34:59 -0700
Message-ID: <3EF0B16A.4010407@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 11:37:30 -0700
the only problem is that not all ISPs have such a complete mail log...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 02:09:43 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

since 13th June 2000
crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2003, 02:05:36 pm »

Thanks for the mail Shasta.

Jeb about headers and daters what you can't fake is the email source code. The email source code shows the times when the different isp mail server received the email! Please check the dates and times(whoever of you received the screenshots) and you know if Shasta really immediatley sent the mail or not and I can finally fell a decision.

Bye,

Mauti

NO PROBLEM MAN, i wanna walk out of here knowing that i didn't leave DFA on a bad note. anyway, ill be looking for clans come next season!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 02:12:12 pm by Shasta » Logged

crypt
God bless the freaks

Do or Die

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2003, 07:24:29 pm »

one more thing to add...

i use the highest quality resolution, and it runs fine on my computer, so why not use it, well the ss of in game come out to be about 1.5 mb each, and 3 mb to send in email takes more than 5 minutes, possibly 20-30, so i don't see why im punished for having a better computer than you.....heheh jk

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads