*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:08:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bts & N can't stand being killed  (Read 4556 times)
Jeb
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

i heart ghostsniper's austrian wife

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2003, 03:43:42 am »

It's just like how Diesel got pissed at Ace for banning 4rcher in |n| from playing on the MP server.  He might have been messing around with Ace when he was saying that he was trying to hack into the MP server but Ace didnt take it as such cause there was someone trying to mess with his server so he banned him.  Instead of Diesel trying to reasonably talk to him he just throws a serious fit and bitches saying that if 4rcher is banned then ya might as well bann him too lol.  All he had to do was calmly discuss with Ace what was up but he couldnt stop himself from looking like a complete ass.

Heh, i actually remember this, i was the one who banned 4rcher, but i can't remember the reason (i think it might have had to do with glitching someone was complaining about). Then the other |n|s who were on the server started to say things like "fuck you MP, you suck don't ban him."  they weren't banned for that, however after 2 minutes of them continuing to curse at us while being the only ones to not ready up merited a nice ban.
For everyone to know, no one who runs or admins a dedicated server cares about who they ban. Its better to ban an occasional innocent, than let faggots ruin everyones gaming experience. If you've been banned and you think its was a mistake just tell or email us politely and we will look into unbanning you.

No sig pics please! - Mauti
Next time you get a ban, Jeb.
|?K|*R@p1d*: i mean, i'm like the worst rs player ever
Saberian 3000

The victory is not to be a target, but to win

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 05:26:02 am »

I am writing this to say that our clan will not actively participate in a war with |n| over the forums or in Gameranger any longer.  |n| noto and myself have squashed our differences within our clans and from this point onward will not start flame wars between our clans.  It really was taking the fun out of the game, and in the both teams realised that fighting besides in the game is not getting us anywhere for our clans.  So this feud between our clans will end as of now, and i hope everything is now settled between our clans with our personal issues.

+MOD+Saberian.CBl

In the end, it's about what is fair for the whoie
Noto
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 05:31:19 am »

To Saberian, members of +MOD+, and others who have been affected by any and all posts, and or comments made by myself or any other member of |n|`The Network,

I appreciate the way in which Saberian handled this situation.  We talked tonight and sorted out a ton of +MOD+/|n| issues.  What was said is now said and done, and there is no reason to post the contents of our conversation here, but only to post the fact that these two clans do respect one another.  I know that all of the members of |n| will "keep their houses clean" before reacting to other's posts and comments.  Furthermore, I apologize for any actions, comments, and posts that were not received well, which were made by any and all members of |n|`The Network.

Happy gaming to all, and remember, it's just a game.

---|n|`Noto
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don't make me smack you.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2003, 09:52:47 am »

Look, If any of you guys know anything about snipers then you know that a sniper finds a place and stays there. Thats a part of fighting. He become a part of the suroundings and "camps".  It is not cheeting and I think that it is rude to ban someone for fighting fairly. Thats just my 2 cents.         Roll Eyes

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2003, 11:50:37 am »

only gonna say one thing... really should be working... But....

One problem seems to arrise when people complain that you lie down to get a better shot... So say you see someone on the map. Lie down and wait a few seconds for their noggin to pop up and get shot off... U then get told off for camping.. thats not right.

As for sniper guns.. well what the hell. of couse you gotta lie down. but when its games of LMS etc on big maps then repetitivly lying in the corner of the map waiting for someone to run past is just pretty crap... It spoils the game for everyone esle, and whatever you may belive getting a few kills like that in my oppionion is no sign of any skill worth bothering about.

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 07:23:47 pm »

rgr that... I can be called a camper sometimes if you watch my movements. But I might be waiting in one spot for guys to come rushing by. And no its not at the spawn point. I move to a location predetermined and wait. If i dont see anyone, I relocate, and if im the last guy on LMS or there is only a couple of guys on the other team.. Well look out here i come Tongue I dont like the guys that always stay close to the spawn point and wait.. Or drop a sensor and run and hide in a corner saying "mommy".. BOOOOO. And if you are on a server that I have some pull with and you are doing the same thing over and over.. were your the last guy left and you are still camping it out. I will ask you to stop, if you dont i will request a boot. No this does not happen too often, most people stop if you ask them. But if you start talking trash, well you know, I ask for the size 13 to come out and play.

Remember, this is a game, you are suppose to have fun, and so are the other people playing with you.....

BTs_Fusion.......
I'm a BombTech if you see me running try and keep up..
 Tongue

oops..........
Narauko

NARK!

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 09:22:20 pm »

Ghost Recon is a simulation i thought...

So say i was wondering through the gulf and i got snipered are the rest of my fireteam going to start hurling abuse at the sniper saying "YOU ******* CAMPER".

If you get shot by a sniper its your own fault, the fact that they picked a spot to snipe from and you didn't see them shows skill on their part (not alot but some). Since most snipers on GR tend to run around like they have a an assault rifle or they just snipe from a obvious location...there aren't too many decent sniper spots, the ones that are decent are well known and only noobs go there...so really if you get sniped it was by a noob because you weren't looking both ways.

I just wish you people would stop bitching about it, what if i had my oicw and i was on the otherside of the map and i happen to lie down and find you in my sights...your dead...you got sniped by a oicw...does that mean i can't use my rifle?

I can't say i have a problem with snipers, I'm rarely snipered, im not saying that im the best dam player im just saying i take care in my movements across the map knowing where possible sniper locations are.

Being aware of your surroundings goes along way to not being killed by a sniper.

nark.

"The Revolution will be no re-run, baby, the revolution will be live!"
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 01:32:22 pm »

You guys need to read the books, "Marine Sniper, 93 confirmed kills" , " Silent Warrior" , "Navy Seals Special Warfare Teams" , and Tom Clancy's "Shadow Warriors". Then you can talk about what a sniper/camper is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In real warfare you dont just run around w/ guns blazing, as a sniper you place your shots well (one shot one kill) and to do that you have to have a good hide to shoot from. Most of you guys call this camping because you are ignorant! Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Djing isn't realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it's about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ's:they love it, they live for it.
flip wilson
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 01:54:12 pm »

ya know i've been in at least six cb games with BT and |n| that they would easily have won but didn't,  just because they wouldn't lay down a life for the team.  that's beyond immature and well into the territory known as Dumb.  on the other hand, i'm sure it's not everyone in the clan (not to name names or anything).

and what's wrong with camping anyhow?  part of the game.  sometimes you can't avoid it, too.  so, if you don't like it, then voice your opinion in the direction of the game makers instead of creaking like an old door and disturbing the fragile sanity of the rest of us.

ps: whiners and pains-in-the-neck ought to expect to be banned.  you don't have to be a dick to be a respected competitor.

Tongue
Saberian 3000

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 06:06:52 pm »

I think they're defense is that they didnt want campers in their MP games, not so much their cb's, which I am sure they dont want as well.  It has been obvious that they dont appreciate camping because I think they want the game to go as quickly as possible.  I know that BTs Nova has a strict hatred for it and am sure many teams including my own dont particularly like it all the time.
     In the case of a sniper I do agree that the sniper has to camp, unfortuantely because of all the bitching about camping that is going on, that is why the sniper is never really used in a cb.  It's too bad really cause I do believe that it would make the cb's mor einteresting to see some snipers in the game.  
     I am not sure why so many people compare this game to like Quake II in there minds as of camping goes. Lee Harvey is absolutely right in saying that a sniper in camping takes one shot, one kill.  Not just running around the game  being a target, because if you play sniper, all  u are good for if you are running around is a target.

mainmanmanman
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2003, 04:13:49 pm »

Getting falsly accused with no proof shows supream dumbass'ness. Now u know how i feel with MP.
Ghoul
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2003, 08:26:35 pm »

Ive been silent and have decided to no longer air grievences on the boards, but let me just clarify one thing.

The camping I was accused of was this.
It was a seige game, my team started on on of the hilltops in Battlefield.

I ran to the edge, shot sombody, ran to another spot, laid a sensor down. Nobody came my way. Hilltop was surrounded. Ran to the other edge where I saw 2-3 enemy..I dropped next to a rock and waited for a shot..I got 2 of the 3.

I dont think thats camping. I woulda been a fool to go running down the hill with my dick in my hand.
Saberian 3000

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2003, 05:03:10 am »

In my book that isnt camping.

Ghoul
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2003, 08:57:34 am »

Come to think of it...I think it was LMS. All the same.
Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2003, 11:58:55 pm »

Please be truthful, we dont kick someone for camping 1 game. If you are camping and dragging the games out the full 10 mins for several games, well thats another story. If you are making people leave cause they dont want to wait for you to see an enemy cross in front of u in the back section of a map then you will get booted. We definitely warn people first.

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
Supernatural Pie
Useless Post-Count Whore
God bless the freaks

"Don't run, you'll only die tired."

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2003, 02:31:56 am »

I'm definitely tired of people giving snipers a bad name. If you claim to be a sniper, don't use an assault rifle, and don't go to the corner of a map. That's just weak.

If you're a true sniper, you'll be able to use your map to find key locations to snipe from that will be most effective for the particular scenario.

For example, the other day I was playing in a big game, and coss was observing through me. The map was the airport, and it was siege, i believe. I had a 7.62 sniper rifle.

For the first couple minutes of the game, i grab a spot under the plane picking off people as they came around the corner of the south west building.

Soon, I ran towards the center of the map while everyone else on my team was distracting them. I got a place smack in the middle of the map, but it was against a wall of a building, but I had a view of about 120 degrees. People that were rushing our based, and no one on my team could get them, i was able to get. People rushing out from the side of the building, I was able to get. 7 kills within the last 30 seconds. No spawn camps at all. Just good ol' sniping.

So you see, sniping is not about spawn camping, and it's not about hiding in a corner waiting for the game to end so that you don't die.

Ghost Recon sniping is an art, and you have to know what you're doing to be able to accomplish it well. But please, for the love of god, don't give snipers a bad reputation by doing the things that you do (going out to all noobs that take OICW's and hide in the corner of Battlefield COUGH COUGH.

Snipers are a part of the game, and I will never relinquish my rifle because some idiot newb started a stereotype about snipers, and for that they all get booted from games. Angry

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee.
Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2003, 12:57:21 pm »

Thank you agent Snipe.... thats my point exactly.

But you can snipe with the OICW in small maps. It is highly long distance accurate on single shot mode.

Being good at sniping on GhR is a skill that most people hate (the ones getting killed bye the sniper) so they just call us campers........... all I have to say is "IGNORANT"

one shot one kill!

Fusion

I am coming for you!

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2003, 09:46:06 pm »

I dont mind getting sniped.. I dont like getting camped..

BTs_Fusion.......
 Tongue

oops..........
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2003, 12:21:43 pm »

yea, but how do you tell the snipers from the campers. I get called a camper all the time when I'm sniping. Embarrassed

BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2003, 04:42:08 pm »

When u move 5 meters from your spawn point and sit there for 10 minutes waiting for an enemy to pass by thats a camper... I have seen very good snipers run around get into position... change position becuase enemy is somewhere else... shoot, change position etc... Once a sniper shoots he is giving up his position.... SO MOVE!

i love going up against snipers... Somehow i end up right next to them holding a OICW or a quick SA-80.... nothing they can do when holding their pistols/sniper rifle....

Camper is also someone that is down on guys... lets say i have 3 guys on my team an their is one sniper left... In the past we have gone up against great snipers in this situation..... That's when we wait for him to come out of his hole... and get shot...
What? You want me to run in on him? I would rather camp out the camper especially when the game is in my favor.

You know how pissed campers get when u out camp them an win?

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads