*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 09:20:39 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ?KotA is trying to force a forfeit vs us!  (Read 6284 times)
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2003, 05:10:41 am »

lick my nuts voodoo Wink. we already asked AK to finish the CB while they were in game practicing! we IP'd their game and asked to continue. they refused..... so much for continuing. Saying that AK was being the bigger clan is completely wrong because we took the first step and asked to continue the cb. Rapid first screamed boot, heard me, then refused to continue.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 05:13:45 am by kota | p?t? » Logged

"Raped with class."
[deific]-[divine, godlike]
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2003, 05:14:04 am »

well, if your willing to continue, and rapid is willing to continue, wtf is stoping that from happening?

get it on bro.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
PsYcO sNiPeR

Oh! How wonderful!

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2003, 05:19:35 am »

well, if your willing to continue, and rapid is willing to continue, wtf is stoping that from happening?

get it on bro.

Yes, both Pat and Rapid (or other representatives of either clan) should post here their intentions to continue the CB (for written proof, to stop potential bitching) and get on with it. If one side refuses, they should just get the loss.

Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02

PsYcO relived, visit to see some old PsYcO stuff:
http://www.hostultra.com/~psycosite/
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2003, 05:20:15 am »

I can't continue when he says that he's not willing to continue because he wants to leave the decision up to Mauti, bro. (owned, vd Wink )

"Raped with class."
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2003, 06:55:57 am »

Typhy to break down your post
Well Myst, considering that this is the first issue over a CB since I left AK. . .
your Point Being... This is the first cb since you left

Start a flame war? What choice did he have other than to ?start a flame war?? KotA was trying to count a BS CB, so he came in and explained what had really happened.
Yeah well he should have post it in the Problem Drop box

What? Don?t we all?
I really hope your joking
That?s one thing I liked about being in AK, Rapid is very honest, and would never lie.
Haha What about that Bs about asking every clan to cb which he did not

Dont care bout last part Smiley
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 11:04:33 am by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2003, 09:01:57 am »

Oh well I came to a decision. It is impossible for me to see who is right here.

As a consequence you have to continue the best of ten cb(or whatever it was) at the last score(5-2). You aren't allowed to cb until you finished this cb. If you have a chance to play against another clan, because KoTa or AK isn't online, your results won't be posted except it is a loss. So it is in your both interest to finish this cb as soon as possible!

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2003, 10:01:51 am »

In the end, WE HAD A READY TO GO TEAM, and KotA couldn't get a team there or finish solo.  But we weren't the ones that tried to come in here and post it!  Remember that!  They tried to count the forfeit(as if they deserved it), and it was because they knew they would be the ones qualifying to lose by forfeit since they couldn't get a team together  Shocked   We gave him the choice to finish solo, but he said "No, I will post we win instead".  That's what's wrong here.   His WRONG ACTIONS taken.  Angry

If anything, we would've been the ones qualified to post a "Forfeit win over KotA" for not getting a team ready(after over 30 minutes) and not finishing solo.  But we didn't want that type of win.  We wanted an honorable win.  Which is why we gave pat the choice to finish later.  When pat tried to count it as a forfeit against us, is when we were offended, and threw out us being nice guys about the ordeal.  We had a team that was ready, they didn't, meaning we would win by forfeit.   And since he knew he couldn't take us both out, he ran in here to post he won "because ?? had to leave". Shocked  So did Pun! Shocked  Very dishonorable attempt at gaining a cheap win. Angry  

Man...

The treatment...

I was down to keep going all along.  Remember that next time you go thinking against me.  Pat was the one that ran in here posting a "win" he didn't deserve. Shocked  

If you truely want me to finish now Mauti, after pat tried to pull that, then I will.   Just let me know.  We were on our host, first to 10, switching host every 5 games.  

(Absalon's flames need to be deleted Angry )

« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 10:42:02 am by |?K|*Rapid* » Logged
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2003, 10:14:52 am »

Well, in my opinion, AK would still have a very good case for trying to have that counted as a forfit in their favor. I think that in this case, the smart thing to do for AK would've been to post it.

On the subject of Pat as a moderator: I think it was a mistake, because of his lack of forum experience. One thing that I like about him is that he's willing to take a look at the facts, and doesn't form an early opinion that he's not willing to change once shown the facts. However, I think his lack of forum knowledge and skills work against him. I don't quite know how to discribe him. . . Perhaps as "not neutral enough". Things such as his modify to his post in the Drop Box of <waits for rapid's bs> or something like that is unacceptable for a moderator.

Anyway, Rapid, I don't recommend arguing this any further, since I understand that this is a first to 10 CB, just get out there, play your best, and you'll come out on top.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2003, 11:05:40 am »

Just stating rule 16 Clans are allowed to substitute new teammates in for the battle only between host sessions(R6 and RS) or to replace a player who crashed. In Ghost Recon you can only replace a player if someone crashed. If someone has to leave midgame you have to continue the cb with the current players except you can replace the player within 5 minutes. They only had to wait 5 mins O well this works out better Smiley

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2003, 11:32:01 am »

The bitching continues...I propose something that I forced clans to do all the time when Ult and I were the only BL mods:

Each side post 5 acceptable times to continue the cb...both sides agree on ONE set time and finish the cb, no questions asked (Failure to show up for this agreed upon time would result in forfeiture for the team that fails to show - so before setting up times, you MUST make sure that you can definitely have clan members online).

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2003, 01:04:19 pm »

This is BS. I already challenged rapid to continue... and he said he wouldn't. Bad call.

"Raped with class."
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2003, 01:34:52 pm »

well where from is coming this "rule" wait for 30 m in rs rules? i dont c anything

Again this rule is not realy clear:
1--Clans are allowed to substitute new teammates in for the battle only between host sessions(R6 and RS) or to replace a player who crashed. In Ghost Recon you can only replace a player if someone crashed. If someone has to leave midgame you have to continue the cb with the current players except you can replace the player within 5 minutes.

1-In Ghost Recon you can only replace a player if someone crashed.
2-If someone has to leave midgame you have to continue the cb with the current players except you can replace the player within 5 minutes.

Is 2 part of GhR rules or it is inside the rule 16, i dont c a ; or : after part 1
so it lez me think general rule speak about u have  5 m to sub a player and also than now in 1.64 u can sub only a player in ghost recon if some1 crashed and nothing else
again the best should be to have  RS rules and GHR rules, not merged..

well big mess coz the rules
So far from what i have read i think Rapid is right and can ask a forfeit

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2003, 03:12:49 pm »

Horda the rules are more than clear about this.

But Pat can't say how long Monkey really needed and Rapid also doesn't have a proof so they should continue and everything is fine!

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2003, 03:13:24 pm »

The bitching continues...I propose something that I forced clans to do all the time when Ult and I were the only BL mods:

Each side post 5 acceptable times to continue the cb...both sides agree on ONE set time and finish the cb, no questions asked (Failure to show up for this agreed upon time would result in forfeiture for the team that fails to show - so before setting up times, you MUST make sure that you can definitely have clan members online).

I think Muati's answer to this issue works in the same way. If they dont continue the cb none of there other cb's will be counted in the finals.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BAmm - RnT

4 all our wars R merry & all our songs R sad

EU
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2003, 03:36:06 pm »

...finish it fellas, or there only b 4 clans left to cb if we get one at all.... ;( grrrrr..

fire is sitting there comfortably Wink , at last we get to cb as much as we want ---> well lets get out there and fight

im missing the sportsmanship

Rnt r the men that god made mad,
4 all our wars r meryy and all our songs r sad!!! Roll Eyes

" RnT R the men that god made mad, 4 all their wars R merry & all their songs R sad "
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2003, 04:01:01 pm »

Horda the rules are more than clear about this.

But Pat can't say how long Monkey really needed and Rapid also doesn't have a proof so they should continue and everything is fine!

Mauti
So in ghost recon we can sub only if some1 crash and not If someone has to leave midgame

thats it ?

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2003, 04:29:45 pm »

Mauti, I disagree with your decision for several reasons.  It's not that I don't want to play |AK| again, I have no qualms in facing them off.  I believe that this CB should be squared away as a KotA victory and the next time we face |AK| is with a 0-0 score in a whole new CB.  
The Facts.
  • KotA has a 5-2 lead when Stealth Sniper leaves.
  • Due to BattleLeague Rules, Rapid has five minutes to find a sub.
  • Pun leaves about 15 minutes after Stealth signed off.
  • Monk signs on about 5 minutes after Pun left or approximately 15 minutes after SS had to go.
  • When Monk got there, the CB was already over, due to Rule #16 of the BL. I agreed to Rapid that if I could get another member onn, before I had to go, that we could continue the CB.
Stepping back for a second... Forgive me if I am wrong, but the CB was technically over as a KotA win. My agreeing to wait was just an "honorable" gesture, which unfortunately failed.  Back to the facts.
  • While in MOnk's waiting room, I said that the only member I had was b3sk8r, and Rapid admitted that he wouldn't accept playing a PC'er.
  • I had to leave approximately 45 minutes after SS did, and I returned to GR about an hour later.
  • When I signed on, Mr. Grape was online and I saw that Rapid and Stealth were in a 2 player game on Stealth's host. "What a perfect opportunity," thought I, "to clear up this whole mess."
  • Grape and I IP joined their game only to have our challenge turned down by Rapid. (I have SS's of this).
As you can see, |AK| has turned down our challenges two times. By Battle League Rules, we weren't forced to try to continue the CB. THey turned down our attempts at continuation by not accepting on of our players and a simple "no," in game.
Clearly, this is a forfeit by |AK| because of rule #16 alone. NOt to mention, our two attempts at continuing the CB.
And Typhy, of course my opinion on this issue isn't perfectly neutral. It's about my own clan! I haven't been biased on other areas when the parties involved don't concern me. I'm also trying my hardest to be 'neutral' on this issue by stating facts! Unlike Rapid, who is making long, drawn out speeches where he calls me a 'n00b' several times and repeats himself even more.
Mauti, I think that proof enough that it took 5+ minutes for Monk to get on was that 69 users logged in or out to the Bar and Grill between the time that Stealth and Monk logged on/off. 69 users logging in or out takes at least 5 minutes in The Construct! Much less the Bar & Grill!
Another thing, Monk says that Rapid paged him and 3 minutes later he logged on. We got out of the game at around 5:55 pm eastern US time... (I looked at the clock) and Rapid said that Monk gets to leave his day job at 6:00. Monk got on at around 6:10. I am getting these times from variously looking at the top right of my mac.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 06:58:14 pm by kota | p?t? » Logged

"Raped with class."
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2003, 07:01:19 pm »

I am mystified as to how you can still dispute the facts I have stated and not give the game to KotA! If you read everything above, it seems more than conclusive

"Raped with class."
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2003, 08:02:12 pm »

First in response to Horda where does it says that if you have to leave midgame counts only for RS???

Pat first if Rapid says the truth and it needed less than 5 minutes AK would get the win. If you are right you would get the win but obviously you both can't provide proofs how long it needed. As it says in the rules we are only interested in finished cbs. Finish it and everything is fine. You were leading 5-2 and if you played a best of ten you only need one win - shouldn't be that difficult.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2003, 09:40:38 pm »

It's first to 10.  That's what was agreed when we started and that's what we're going to follow thru.

Mauti, I have no problem finishing the CB.  I had no problem waiting for his teamate the first time, let alone the second time!  I even offered we finish it later, when he did have a teamate on.  My problem was him running here to the forums, posting his clan had won that CB, because not ONE of his teamates were available at the time, and he didn't want to finish it solo.  Monk has already stated b3sk8r wasn't available when he was waiting.  I stated that also.  It's Pat's claims that his team automatically wins, because none of his members would log on when he wanted.  That's what's wrong here.  Does he not understand that the minute he agreed to wait for my teamate to log on, and his teamate logged off, that was not my fault.  I was able to get a team ready in 5 minutes.  His teamate left within 5 minutes of StealthSniper leaving.  Just because his teamate left, that doesn't mean he automatically wins because they were ahead and he didn't have a teamate to continue, or want to finish solo!(When he said he was going to post his clan won, I immediately said, "We're here and ready, and you can finish solo by BL rules.  You can't just go post a win because you couldn't get a member to log on!  Sorry, but that's not how the rules work.   That's when he said, "You lost when ?? left!".  Please set your "BL Mod" straight, please! Shocked )
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads