*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:08:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ?KotA is trying to force a forfeit vs us!  (Read 6285 times)
AK_Rap1d
« on: March 27, 2003, 01:05:33 am »

In the CB, we started out me and StealthSniper vs pat and yoshida.  Yoshida had to go, so we waited for a sub of theirs.  He got Pun.  We started, then SS had to go, so I went and got Monk.  While I was getting Monk, Pun left.  Now pat's saying his clan wins, because he can't get another member to log on.  Pun left, and now that no KotA will sign on, he wants to post a win by forfeit!   Come on now!  Our guys are here! Yours aren't! Shocked

StealthSniper left, and we got Monk.  Then Pun left, and we been waiting for another KotA to sign on! Shocked

Now Pat wants to leave, but post a quick forfeit, since another KotA hasn't logged on!  I don't think so bud.  Doesn't work that easy.  

If anything, we been waiting for a sub for pun for over 45 minutes, and since none came, we would claim forfeit from you guys.  I don't want that.  I rather play out the games!  But if you're going to try and claim a forfeit, we're the ones that would deserve that forfeit.  

Onec again Pat, you DON'T know it all and you are wrong to think you are entitled a win because you couldn't get another member and you were ahead. Shocked

I understand you feel as if you should win since none of your members would log on like you wanted and you were ahead in the game.  But you knew ?? would have to go and I would have to get a sub.  I'm not about to just let you say "Cool, ?? left, so we win".   Sorry bud.  And being that I got a sub 5 minutes after, and you haven't gotten one in 45 minutes...    Mauti.  Let us know pls.

[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2003, 01:18:53 am »

First off.
  • Yoshi left in warmups. The cb had never started and it just so happened that pun was right there to START the cb.
  • We switched host, and a few games into Stealth's host, we're up 5-2 and SS has to leave.
  • Pun assumes that the cb is over because that is how most people play... if you're up by 5-2 and the other team leaves in the middle of the cb... there has been an unspoken rule that you win. By forfeit or not.
  • I said that if us both could produce enough members to continue the CB in the 30 minutes I had left to play, that it would be continued
  • I had b3sk8r and Rapid refused to cb against him.
  • I had to go during Rapid and Monk's session of calling me a noob and a pussy for not having a member online... and I posted.
I wasn't entitled to wait 30 minutes for us both to get members online and continue the cb, right? At one point, for about 15 minutes, it was only Rapid and I chatting about things and then Monk signed on. At 30 minutes no ?KotA's were on and I had to go. They managed to keep me 15 minuets later than I wanted and still no ?KotA's were to be seen except b3sk8r, whom Rapid turned down. 'I don't cb PC'ers,' or something to that extent was Rapid's reply.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 01:20:20 am by ?KotA P?T? » Logged

"Raped with class."
[deific]-[divine, godlike]
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2003, 01:27:39 am »

man pat...

I warned you not to try this BS.   These are the FINALS

We waited for you to get your sub.  Why would you not wait for our sub, and then go saying you win?   Sorry.  Doesn't work that way.

You knew ?? had to leave, and I would have to get a sub.  Not my fault pun decided to leave as well.

In fact, I said I'll be happy to wait for your complete team to come back to finish.

Somehow, that's not good enough, and you rather try and win by forfeit.  

Too bad we didn't forfeit.  Our player had to leave.  I had to get a sub.  I got one in 5 minutes.  You said you'd wait 30 minutes.  You waited 45 and had none of your members log on.  Not our fault we're ready to continue, and you're not.  

Rule #16 Clans are allowed to substitute new teammates in for the battle only between host sessions(R6 and RS) or to replace a player who crashed. In Ghost Recon you can only replace a player if someone crashed. If someone has to leave midgame you have to continue the cb with the current players except you can replace the player within 5 minutes.  

I got Monk within 5 minutes, and while I did that, pun left.   We then proceeded to wait 45 minutes for another KotA to log on to replace Pun.  There you go.
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2003, 01:33:53 am »

I see, I see. Hmmm from your stories both would get the win.

Rapid could you please comment this:

I had b3sk8r and Rapid refused to cb against him

However Pat 5-2 doesn't mean you would have won. I have seen many cbs where the other team has managed a turnaround and won.

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2003, 01:37:19 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! Rapid, you didn't get monk within 5 minutes!! rofl. If you ask me, it was closer to 20. But don't worry, once I find "|?K| Monk has joined the room" I'll show you that it was way more than 5 minutes. I have also seen that pun is 25+ names below than SS and Monk is even farther. Pun was on GR for at least 5 minutes before he left.

"Raped with class."
AK_Rap1d
Ok.
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2003, 01:41:08 am »

Before the CB started, Pat asked me to cb him and b3.  I told him I rather not play vs PC'ers(due to their cheats and all) and because at the top of the bl page it says ?Mac only? on one of your icons.  But that was before the CB started.  He then managed to get yoshida, and then Pun(2 Mac Gamers that were on GR).  When we were waiting afterwards, b3 wasn't available as I asked him to sub him in, since no other KotA would log on.  
0 Kilz:M:

Sancho!

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2003, 01:43:33 am »

well I have one question: Mauti, it says on that icon in your BL title page  ?Mac only league? if thats the case than why are pc players alowwed to cb?
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2003, 02:02:30 am »

In the BL rules you will find a definition:

"*DAMN Battle League: clanladder only for MAC(Apple Macintosh) clans operating in GameRanger. Other platform players are allowed in clanbattles as long as the majority is using Macs. Only clanbattles set up through GameRanger are counted;"

That's why it says Mac only.

Bye,

Mauti
ps: I'm to tired to decide about this issue yet... good night...

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2003, 02:08:48 am »

Approximately 68 users logged in between Stealth/Monk entering GameRanger and 49 had entered between the time Pun left and Monk joined

"Raped with class."
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2003, 02:14:52 am »

New Update
I just IP'ed SS's game with Grape where he and Rapid were having a private session of some sort and asked Rapid to finish the CB. He turned us down and said to leave the decision to Mauti....
By the way... I ss'd Rapid turning me down.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 02:24:34 am by kota | p?t? » Logged

"Raped with class."
(SEALs) one

I am and always will be Agent #1

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2003, 02:15:52 am »

lmao pat

Just go for a rematch is my suggestion.

I am and always will be Agent #1
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2003, 02:32:48 am »

Well, i think its in Rapids best interest to continue the cb then leave it up to Mauti. Mauti will probably just rule this a forfeit win for Kota becasue b3 was an exceptable sub with the cb should have continued with.

Rapid, plz dont write a long drawn out reply as to how the mods are against you. this decision is my interpretation of the rules.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 02:36:44 am by *AgT*.:VooDoo:. » Logged

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2003, 02:40:48 am »

I hate to say it, but Rapid is 100% correct, if I understand the facts correctly.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to turn down a PC sub. If they can get on GR and play through a mac, then you need to let them play, if not, then it's completly fair for you to turn down their sub.

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2003, 03:06:33 am »

The only 'sub' that I had was b3sk8r. And it wasn't even a sub, Rapid was the one who needed to find a sub within 5 minutes of the stoppage of play. Rapid found a sub after 69 ( Shocked ) members logged into the Bar & Grill, which should prove that it took at least 5+ minutes to find a sub.
The time had passed for Rapid to get a sub, as his member was the one to leave the CB and thus stop it. Punisher stayed online for 10-15 minutes (21 or so users logged in between the time SS got off and Pun logged out).
BTW, these aren't BS results. I hadn't logged out of GR so I just had to find the spots in the Main Chat where users logged in/out.

"Raped with class."
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2003, 03:17:12 am »

BS typh. You're comepletely wrong....100%

I can't believe it. Every single issue Rap argues in, you butt in and side with him. Sometimes you might make a few harsh comments to him, but then you later go back on them...We'll talk later.

And as for you rap, just cause you write long drawn out speaches, in which you constantly repeat youself with your goofy lil grey font...mind you it is very anoying to read...

The only reason I am insult you and your stupid pointless 100% false arguement is:
                               1. You start this topic with a flame war in               mind (Try to act more mature in BL matters Wink more like me)
                               2. You repeat yourself constantly and mock the admins...tisk tisk
                               3. You lie
                               4. You turned down the challenge to continue the CB dispite your challenge here.
      sidenote          (5). I get the feeling you be stealing my typhoe
SLUT!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 04:07:18 am by kota | p?t? » Logged

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2003, 04:00:46 am »

I can?t believe it. Every single issue Rap argues in, you but in and side with him

Well Myst, considering that this is the first issue over a CB since I left AK. . .

Onto your ?points,? Myst.

1. You start this topic with a flame war in? ? ? ? ? ? ?  mind (Try to act more mature in BL matters more like me)  

Start a flame war? What choice did he have other than to ?start a flame war?? KotA was trying to count a BS CB, so he came in and explained what had really happened.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  2. You repeat yourself constantly and mock the admins...tisk tisk  

What? Don?t we all?

3. You lie

That?s one thing I liked about being in AK, Rapid is very honest, and would never lie.

4. You turned down the challenge to continue the CB dispite your challenge here.  

There is more to each turndown than you can see from the outside. Perhaps one of them needed to leave, or wouldn?t have time?

(5). I get the feeling you be stealing my typhoe  

Oh, hell no. Even if Rapid were to invite me back to AK and offer me a co leadership spot, I wouldn?t come.

Pat: Cut out the bullshit stats, and give us a figure that makes a little bit of sense. Tell me how long you were waiting, not ?how many users logged in and out,? to me, that sounds like the delay was probably only a couple minutes, so you?re throwing in stats like that to try and make it seem like longer.

Here is a timeline of the CB, tell me if it?s correct:

Event 1: CB starts, during warmups/tests, Yoshida has to leave, Punisher comes in as a sub for him.

Event 2: KotA takes a 5-2 lead.

Event 3: StealthSniper has to leave.

Event 4: Punisher leaves due to ?assuming that the CB is over?.
Event 5: Rapid gets a teammate on, and KotA are unable to complete the CB.

If that is correct, and I were Rapid ( god forbid it ), then I would be arguing that the CB should be counted in AK?s favor, since KotA was unable to complete it.

Although, I think in a CB with this much confusion, also considering the fact that KotA was ahead, it should simply be dropped.

Just a bit of advice to you, Pat, sometimes it?s best not to argue something, even if you think it?s a bit unfair, in order to keep good relations with other members of the community. Most likely the top 6 clans will be the same next season too, and if you keep this up, both AK and MP5 won?t CB you, so your CBs will me limited to 3 clans, which will make it very tough for you.

Just a suggestion,
Typhy[/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
|?K|*Monk*
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2003, 04:02:10 am »

Ok, here's the deal.  Rapid paged me, and told me to please log on and help him finish a CB vs KoTA.  I was able to log on 3 minutes later.  When I logged on, Pun was already gone.  We then proceeded to wait respectably, for another KotA member to log on.  No member ever showed up.  Then pat had to leave, and started saying he was going to post the win.  We were like, "why?, we're here ready and waiting."  He then rambled on how he's a BL mod and knows the rules better.  I don't see how he can say we forfeit, when we were there ready.

Also, Rapid asked pat to get b3, since no other KotA's would log on, but pat said b3 was afk also.  Time passed on(about 45 minutes) and then pat had to leave.  

We offered him to finish the CB later when both teams had available teams(Because we didn't want a cheap forfeit win).  Instead, the little rat tried to forfeit this CB against us!  Now I don't feel so bad to ask for a forfeit against them.

Is that the only way for you to win CB's pat?  Damn noob.

Mysterio, you obviously know nothing, ranting on and on in your stereotypical way.
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2003, 04:24:17 am »

didn't sign on for a good 15 minutes after SS left. Pun signed off about 5 minutes before MOnk got on. So, no Typhy, this isn't a BS cb. The reason I didn't say how many minutes because I figured that Rapid would just try to contradict me so I busted out the #'s.
And hitting on one of Monk's points... you weren't waiting for 45 minutes Monk, Rapid and I were. You were there for 30 minutes tops.
Oh, and Monk, when you come to comment on a situation. Please don't come here with a completely biased speech. Not once did I mention that my admin powers exalted me from the norm about rules... rules weren't even mentioned. It was just a rant from you and Rapid about how I'm a noob and how I won't cb you because I'm a pussy... when I had NO MEMBER and NO TIME to cb with. Plus, Rapid never accepted b3 to play. He even admitted to me that he didn't accept him.
If that is correct, and I were Rapid ( god forbid it ), then I would be arguing that the CB should be counted in AK?s favor, since KotA was unable to complete it.
Typhy, we weren't the ones who needed to find a sub. Rapid's sub came about 10-15 minutes after SS closed the game and left. There is no way in hell that us not finding a 'sub' should count against .. ahh us. Wink. The rule says that the clan whose player leaves must come up with a sub within 5 minutes. Rapid's sub came 10-15 minutes later and I had agreed to wait 30 minutes to see if both of us could get a sub (after pun had left me) and if not, I would go eat my birthday dinner after posting. AK found their sub, just 5-10 minutes late, technically speaking, and my 'sub' wasn't allowed to play because he is an evil 'PC'er'
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 04:53:46 am by kota | p?t? » Logged

"Raped with class."
PsYcO sNiPeR

Oh! How wonderful!

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2003, 04:52:42 am »

Seeing as it's impossible to really get the truth behind this debacle (whatever either side says would be hearsay), both sides might as well just continue the CB where they left off. It would have/will save more time than bickering about it in the forums, stop the starting of more flame arguements, and probably be the fairest decision for both sides.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 04:56:34 am by PsYcO sNiPeR » Logged

Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02

PsYcO relived, visit to see some old PsYcO stuff:
http://www.hostultra.com/~psycosite/
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2003, 05:08:01 am »

yep, i agree. With each post my mind changes as to what clan i believe. So I think that AK is being the bigger clan here by saying they will let bygones be bygones and continue the cb. (with original players of course) Just finish the cb and save us all the headace please. And stop being immature babies.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads