*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:13:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BL Finals - Rematch without battling two other clans?  (Read 6772 times)
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2003, 05:58:28 pm »

yup for me a final mean U HAVE TO FIGHT Angry
again there is  HOLES in rules
Seriously a final mean u have to play

i think best way is to remove clans that avoid cb by a simple rule; u have to fight all top 6 clans at least 1 time or be removed from finals (so no pain for mauti to update scores)

so we can have a final by example with 4 or 5 clans instead 6
ok so its bring us to: how to proove that some1 is avoiding  a cb for final ?
well use forum to make a scheduled cb and lets both team talk about it ( with an account on forum no bs)

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2003, 06:34:31 pm »

scheduling the CB in the forums is a good idea.  Keeps everything in the open, and would show who is avoiding a CB.  I'm sure some issues would arise, ranodm people that have no connection to anything love to butt in and start flame wars, but so far posting it in the forums sounds like the best idea to me.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2003, 07:09:33 pm »

I can only assume Splinter, that your talking about AgT. I can tell you this. We have been turned down just as many times as we have turned down Clan Battles. If you gonna talk about my clan have the nuts to talk openly.

With that  said... My rule purposal:

I think that once the final 6 are choosen that the points for those 6 clans should be reset. With eveyone at "0",  the pressure will be put on clans to stay in the "mix". With clans that battle more often then others I dont think there is a way to tell who actually is the best. I agree with flies, that the "mass" cb'ing isnt the way to go. More to come, have to go now

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2003, 07:19:48 pm »

Well, just like Lothario a few months back, I have to say sorry to Rabid, Mattster, and others who I have called a dumbass, because I now know what a true dumbass is.

Let's just go straight down your post, shall we, dumbass?

61290 is your account # NOOB if you had another you would use it I bet!

Using one of my older accounts isn't exacly an option. My first account in the 200s was lost due to getting a new computer, and a cable modem. ( some crap at pit.net is what I had on 56k, on cable, I have alaska.com ). My second account, 9551, belongs to a dead email adress, and I lost the password.

who the fuck is the AK clan lol?

Well done. Congratulations. You've raised the bar on the dumbass meter to a new high! What you're doing would be like me going into a Ghost Recon game ( a game which I know almost nothing about, 'cause I hate it ), and calling them noobs because they didn't used to play Dark Castle in black and white, on a 4mhz mac classic. If you don't know who AK is, you obviously know nothing about this current community. Oh wait, I forgot, you "really  know", I'm sure that you would "really know" all of this, and are just pretending to be a dumbass. I want to congratulate you on that front too. - Great imitation.

Ok, now let me try and post like  GladHeateher.

OMG u nothing know. rofl its funny how you think your such a vet you rs noob! rofl! keep it up! its so funny to watch you noobs!

The truth of that 'post':

Please keep fighting. It gives me the option to call you noobs, an option that I don't often get, seeing as I am one myself.

I saw this forum back in the R6 days, back in the days of POD Wrath making posts that read "Smiley",  and getting into giant fights with *DAMN Bander over a certian CB.

Rabid, I'd like you to meet GladHeateher here, I think you two will get along well, you seem to have lots in common. He will even be able to teach you a few things, since he's "god of the dumbasses".   [/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
GladHeator
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2003, 07:29:10 pm »

ROFL typhy you are the funnist i ever seen you were never in the R6 days and if you read anything about that it. must of been the back pages of the old site you have no idea moron!! so just shut your noob mouth hahahah

ROFL  you such a poor kid

please talk more I can get more happy u ultra noob hahaha! Grin
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2003, 07:50:23 pm »

Wow, I didn't think it was possible. . . But, dare I say it. . . I think he's getting even dumber! Yes folks, I'm sure that most of us thought that he'd reached a level which no one could pass, but the master strikes again, and puts the bar one click higher on the "Dumbass 'o meter". Congratulations!  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2003, 08:02:26 pm »

I think that once the final 6 are choosen that the points for those 6 clans should be reset. With eveyone at "0",  the pressure will be put on clans to stay in the "mix".

thats a good idea

i also think that Finals should be extend now for 1 or 2 weeks more, with new rules added (my sugestions and the nice idea from Voodoo)

should give us a decent final

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2003, 08:09:48 pm »

Voodoo,

Relax man.  Infact I wasn't talking about AgT.  When I've talked to you about CBing, you've been open and cool about it.  You've answered me when I've PMed, we've talked about scheduling CBs, so I have no problem with you or your clan.  I'm talking about the clans that i've sent emails to requesting CBs, and never getting any response back.  I'm talking about all the BS that seems to be going on in the RS ladder.  My comments are about addressing the situation as a whole for all clans on all ladders, not about any gripes I have with any specific clan.  I don't bitch about specific clans in the forums because all it does is create flame wars, and never solves anything.

So please voodoo, don't assume things from my comments.  Take them at face value...all i'm talking about is getting a better system in place.

AK_Rap1d
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2003, 08:57:26 pm »

Rapid, you act as if you've been challenging everyone and it's a huge letdown for no one to accept your imaginary challenges. As far as I know, you guys haven't challenged KotA, FiRE, and I'm not sure about MP5. Stop your talking in the Forums, get on GameRanger, challenge us and if we turn it down, then complain. Not until then should you be complaining about a lack of cb's.

P?t, why must you act as if you know it all? Shocked Angry

Do you think I would be sitting here claiming this if it didn't actually happen, ass?

I asked Rancid and Zak to CB us dumbass. (Sry, had to call you that after you piss me off going on and on doubting me.  Damn little kid Angry ) and they said "Not in the mood"

I asked Haztard, iMat, and Casper for a CB and they all said "No" with their excuses.

I asked Typhy to CB us when ?? was on.  When ?? came on, he logged off, and went to play MoH instead.  Angry

So there, I have done what I said!  Now don't ever question me again. Angry

*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2003, 09:28:59 pm »

Hi guys,

the finals won't be extended but you can do now a rematch after playing only one different clan in between.

Point reset and shedule things(so you have to battle) like this will happen in season 4 but for season 3 I won't redo everything that would also be unfair for clans that fought hard to become the #1.

Bye and thanks for your inputs,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2003, 09:41:03 pm »

Hi Mauti.  Can you pls extend the RS Finals one week perhaps?

At least you've gotten to see the problems we ran into while trying to CB. Sad

An extra week would encourage the "sleeper clans" to CB like they're supposed to.   Thanks.  -Rapid- Cool

Typhy

Woot

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2003, 09:42:38 pm »

Rapid, as I said before; clans came into these finals knowing what they had to do to win. I can tell you this, had I known it was going to be 22 days instead of 15, I would've done things differently. We just need to accept that there were problems with the finals setup, and try and correct them for the next season.

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2003, 09:53:57 pm »

They Should Be the Way they are for this seasons Finals cause it already started and people would have done things differently like Typhy said. But For next Seasons Finals We could have a tourny like NFL Champoinship mb?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2003, 09:54:38 pm by Casper » Logged

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2003, 10:08:51 pm »

Hi Mauti.  Can you pls extend the RS Finals one week perhaps?

At least you've gotten to see the problems we ran into while trying to CB. Sad

An extra week would encourage the "sleeper clans" to CB like they're supposed to.   Thanks.  -Rapid- Cool

Rapid, Mauti answers your question in the above statement...

Awesome Mauti, I think that the point reset for the final 6 in season 4 will help out a whole bunch. Not to mention a no recruiting rule for the finals.

Splinter, sorry to jump to any conclusions but I know that AgT hasnt cb'ed at all these finals and its hard for us with members at full time work, school and Universtiy. I just thought you were talking about us and had to defend us. Ive played with all c|'s and have nothing bad to say about you guys. I apologize. Group hug?  Grin

plz stay on topic yall.

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
[d]-[p a t]

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2003, 10:30:50 pm »

Rapid, until you are perfect in accepting CB's don't start flame wars with people about how they aren't accepting your challenges. BTW, you fucked up my name  Wink  it's not P?t with the AK'd a.. but P?T biznatch
peace

"Raped with class."
[deific]-[divine, godlike]
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2003, 10:31:25 pm »

lol voodoo,

hug accepted Wink

†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2003, 01:02:26 am »

I think if you reset the points a 6 ranked clan with maybe 90 points is now equal with the number 1 ranked clan that had 400 points.  If you wish to reset the points, I'd definatley suggest playoffs.  The top 6 clans on any battle league should definately have the activity to do this, no problem at all.  The fairness would be that 1 plays 6, 2 plays 5 and 3 plays 4, which is what they've earned by coming into their respected positions on the ladder.

Now as for Absalon:

@ Mauti: i think clans that not cb in finals should loose  points something like 50 points per cb not played
A final mean u have to play not save points

Absalon, we have played when we felt like it, obviously some members played Typhy's clan and defeated them, although he still insists that we are the biggest cb dodgers ever we played him.  I think we deserve a little more respect Typhy, especially after beating you, I'd think you'd finally be able to understand that we aren't dodging, we just don't feel the urge to play.

ik ga je godvergeten pik doormidden snijden hoerenjoch!

All I see is a lot of accusing of people turning down cbs, I think Rapid has the right idea.  Let's get playing.  Obviously all of us have turned down cb's at different times and are now bringing it up now.  Some may have been to dodge but I believe most of you did it for the right reason, even if it being not the right member on.  So let's start playing.

I've talked to Hazard and although you know we hate scheduling our lives around a video game we are going to try to start playing Rogue Spear and get prepared to cb this weekend.  We are going to warm ourselves up, even though we have much school work and studies and get ready for a cb.  I'm going to get my clan together and practice, hopefully you guys will be able to play this last weekend.

As to Rapid's challege which finally sounds like a good idea, the bigger the better for us Rapid.  I don't like 2v2's as much, they show less team work and their is greater chance for upset/mistake.  
[/color]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2003, 01:10:42 am by St. Patrick » Logged

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2003, 01:08:20 am »

Cool, I'll play with as many members I have on! Wink

(Now I hope My teamates log on and are in the mood and have time to CB!)

Grin
BTs_eight

Ka-BoOM!

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2003, 11:23:55 pm »

Point reset huh?

I'll remember that for next season when i'll just tell my boys not try so hard to get so many points and cb less.... Just get enough to make the finals...

I don't think the point reset would be cool....

You think that Virus or DEA has a huge lead over everyone in the GhR ladder?

Well ask us or Virus when they started cbing.... I am sure we will both tell you we have been cb'ing since the very begining and kept going none stop... (well except for us in the finals....)

*DAMN VOODOO GOT CAUGHT!
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2003, 12:37:40 pm »

You can do so eight. If there wouldn't be a point reset the finals wouldn't make sense at all except to prevent that you play against noob clans.

The finals in season 4 will be a mixture of skillpoint system and classical playoffs. The rank will nevertheless be rewarded in one or two ways. So it makes sense to also become the number one of the mainseason.

Contrary I think a point reset would encourage many clans to cb more because now they don't have to fear to lose important points for the finals. But more about the new finals when season 4 starts.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads