*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:02:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BL Finals - Rematch without battling two other clans?  (Read 6771 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: March 24, 2003, 12:57:11 pm »

I observed the other threads about this rule but I wanted to wait for the first weekend what happens. Virus has done 3 cbs against 3 different clans as it was supposed to be. But other clans especially Rogue Spear clans seem to have problems to get cbs done or did you all gave up!? RnT, AK, Mp5(cbed twice)?

Same goes out to DEA: in the main season you played almost all clans no matter if they were europeans or american clans and now only one cb against c!

I think the rule has few advantages, like you almost can't void clans, but may the majority of you thinks different.

Or is the time to short? - I could extend the finals for one week!?

Bye,

Mauti
*Update*: I worry a bit about season 4. If most of you are unable to play other clans without shedule/bracket how will finals season 4 work with a bracket best of 3cbs system(grand final best of 5)...?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 01:07:08 pm by *DAMN Mauti » Logged

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 03:58:41 pm »

Hi Mauti,

Well this rule is not so bad,

the only prob is to match USA clans, working good wit c and dea coz they r okay for scheduled cbs, but with clan like agt is pretty hard coz voodoo doesnt like sheduled cb and usa clan r most played week ends when u r a euro clan, still waiting from SM a clear schedule also

so yes we need extend time for finals i think

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
c| Splinter

[the_co||ective]

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 05:50:28 pm »

In my opinion it would be nice if the must battle 2 clans in between rule would be set aside.  I think the logic behind it was good, in theory it would make it hard to avoid a certian clan, but the problem that is seeming to arise is that there are some clans that just don't want to CB.  So not only are they avoiding CBs, but they're making it impossible for the clans that want to CB, to CB again.  I know DEA and c| would have probably finished all 3 CBs within the first few days if we possibly could, but now it looks like we'd be lucky to get one more in before the end of the finals.  In addition with the USA clans battling the European clans, it would  have been nice to have some quick rematches on the same day, or the day after the original match.  It's so hard to get both clans online because of the time difference that when it does happen, its a rare oppurtunity that should be taken advantage of.

As for extending the finals, I say leave them as they are.  2 weeks was the original plan, and we'll just take this as a learning experience how the finals should work for next season.

So here's my idea for the finals for season 4, off the top of my head.  Since there will be 3 rounds, maybe make the finals portion 3 weeks long.  Make the time allowed for each round 1 week.  Both clans must battle within this time period.  Now if one clan avoids the battle, then have some sort of system set up that if the clan that wants to fight can prove that they've put their effort in to schedule and set up the CB, and the other clan has been dodging it, then the dodging clan gets dropped from that round.  That probably would mean a lot more work and headaches for good ole Mauti here Wink being our judge, jury, and executioner, but it's the only way I can think of for now.

"oh no, here's come's the death."
TRIBE_Horda

www.tribeclan.fr.st

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 06:06:35 pm »

well nice sugestion from Flies here:
"Mb it could be minimized to only 1 clan in between, I dunno. And I dont think it should be taken away completely"

Anyway Finals need 1 week more i think

And question at Mauti: doesnt all clans MUST play their cbs in finals? or they just can sit on their ass. i saw some post about Rogues games about clans avoiding cbs and not playing  cbs in finals.
It should be not have inactivity in a FINAL
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 06:08:26 pm by TRIBE_Horda » Logged

----[TRIBE]Clan----
http://www.tribeclan.fr.st
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 11:00:47 pm »

Yeah, this is getting pathetic...

We've had members ready to CB ALL WEEK, and these clans have done nothing but hide, give excuses, and simply DENY EVERY CB challenge from us!

WTF!  It's the FINALS!!!  YOU HAVE TO CB DUMBASSES!

Mauti, are you going to let for example, FiRE go on and winning the BL, without accepting our CB challenges with excuses of "being sick" and "not in the mood" when I ask, but turn around and CB MP5?  This BS has to stop.   We're here to CB and so should ANY TOP6 CLAN.  If you plan on declining EVERY CB CHALLENGE |?K| gives you, then you should FORFEIT right then and there with no more questions.  It's bad enough I don't have a lot of active members, but to have other clans decline our Challenge to CB THE WHOLE DAY while we have a CB ready team, and turn around and CB other clans they feel they have a bigger chance against...   Pure BS Angry

MP5 knows how inactive we are(Typhy keeps pointing it out in EVERY FINALS THREAD), yet when we have our members online ready to CB them, Typhy goes off to play MoH instead, and comes back saying "sorry, but I knew I'd lose if I cb'ed you today after playing so much MoH".  BULLSHIT!  If we're online and challenging you to CB, don't fucking log off and go play another game!  That's PURE COWARDNESS!!!

KotA wants certain members to be in the "CB", but when those members are online, they are "not in the mood"!!!   WTF!

RnT is the same as KotA, "we want bamm and absalon", but when they're both on, they "can't cb at the moment"...    gggrrrrrr Angry

FiRE is the worst.  They always have BOTH OF THE LEADERS ON, but they DECLINE EVERY CB CHALLENGE!  --->"We're sick, can't CB"  YOU HAVE A WHOLE CLAN WITH MEMBERS THAT CAN CB!!!!  (but when we go into games to play, you go and CB MP5!  gggrrrrr) Angry

FrEaK simply says "no", but I know if HappyJack logs on, he'll be down to do it right away.  But that doesn't help when HappyJack hasn't logged on for over a week! Shocked

All in all, I think you should consider taking our SS's of clans answers to CB challenges, and then judge for yourself whether their "decline" is justifiable.  Those that aren't, should be penalized and made an example out of.   Damn cheap bastards, trying to use "avoidance" strategy to keep their current position on the BL....  Angry  Angry  Angry

At least have a rule saying, that if you don't CB in the finals vs all clans at least once, you'll get 100 points deducted or something harsh like that to MAKE THEM CB!

Something needs to be done and quickly...

Yes, you will need to extend the finals, since all these clans are playing the "avoid CB's to keep our current points"  strategy(which shouldn't be tolerated anyways)

*sigh*

†FiRE Infection
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Cold, calculated and brutal as greatness requires.

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 11:55:29 pm »

Rapid, I haven't talked to you in over a month so don't lie or I'll delete all the flame war starting bullshit you post.  You've never asked me for a cb before.  You always try to do it behind my back.  Hazard is sick and no we don't feel like playing Rogue Spear all the time, although it's hard to explain to idiots over the internet that always think it's time to play just because we signed onto Gameranger.  Rapid, there is not 1 clan in the top 6 that is afraid of you, they don't play you because they don't like you, you're not fun and you post and talk way too much bullshit.  Go fuck yourself, I'll never cb you because you always act like this.  You have never ever asked me to my face on Gameranger to a clan battle.  I haven't even seen you or another member on recently, let alone at the same time.  I don't play you because I don't like you, I play for fun and good hosts.  Not whining babies that run to Mauti because someone didn't green up or we didn't agree on an amount of games or a crash happened that doesn't effect anything just because you are losing.  Clan have a right not to cb you, if it wasn't a good reason their reputations and feelings from other would be hurt and people would want to push them to cb, but not playing because you don't feel like it or you don't like someone is a great reason, let the people be the judge fine, but their will never be a penalty unless their was something blatantly bullshit about not cbing in which case people would get on the clan saying no and making fun of them like always just when DEA was avoiding Virus (just an example)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 12:00:06 am by St. Patrick » Logged

Evill: Infection, Hazard, take your duo act back to the Bar & Grill.
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2003, 04:00:08 am »

Enough Said!

(Perfect Example, ty)

You're welcome.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 04:41:53 am by St. Patrick » Logged
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2003, 11:10:05 am »

To start, I'd like to say that I am confident that both AK vs MP5 and RnT vs MP5 can happen this season, and as always, I look forward to those matches.

One of my goals as a clan is not to be bothered by losses. When you lose a CB in MP5, you go win it back, you don't dwell on what can't be corrected.

Part of that, is that we don't turn down CBs, unless we have an extremely good reason. We'll never say "I need this special team on for this CB".

I'm not dumb, I'm not going to CB after playing 2 hours of MOH. I want a bit of RS warm up first, and at the time that I turned down the CB from you, I wouldn't have had time to warm up, then CB.

Since FiRE did step up and CB us, I'm not really in a posistion to comment on the issue of FiRE turning down CBs. But, me being who I am, I will anyway.

I've heard from a certian FiRE member who will remain nameless that FiRE is indeed turning down challenges and hoping at their lead can hold for the rest of the season.

As I said in another thread, winning the battle league is about the respect. If FiRE wins it cheaply, they simply get no respect.

I think it's obvious that there are problems with the finals system, but I think that such problems should be discussed after this season, not during it.  

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
GladHeateher
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2003, 03:43:18 pm »

Man oh Man all thease NOOB RS clans bickering over nothing this game is actually dead, all the good clans are gone and there is really not point in battling in my eyes!! hehe

So just keep yelling at each other only Noob clans left and they have not had enough of yelling yet I see no older guy or CLAN (cause there is no older clans left) fighting

You guys are just funny! But by all means    keep it up makes for good noob intertainment Grin
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2003, 03:47:42 pm »

God Rapid how much of a dumbass can you be? I said to you after you asked for a cb "I dunno depends who comes on I personnally won't cb." I have been sick for almost a week now(since friday) and I haven't played RS in weeks and you want me to cb you. Go cry some more. Your so pathetic.

I can't wait for your reply (size 69 font gay color) "YOUR JUST AFRAID CAUSE WE OWN YOU 0wn3d (random smiley) FiRE is afraid (random smiley) 0wn3d time to make up a conspiracy that doesn't exist 0wn3d (random smiley)."

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
GladheateHer
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2003, 03:48:34 pm »

I mean No older clans that still play RS exept for maybe  Virus or *Damn but I am not sure if they still Play that game, doesent look like it
 ROFL
Absalon - RnT
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2003, 03:55:52 pm »

I mean No older clans that still play RS exept for maybe  Virus or *Damn but I am not sure if they still Play that game, doesent look like it
 ROFL

u know how old RnT is? and, show ur name, makes u look a bit more non-noob. calling us noobs....zzzzzzzzz Roll Eyes
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2003, 04:33:58 pm »

I nor Infection has told the clan that "we will not cb in order to win." That's bullshit and you know it. Just because we cb whenever you snap your fingers and say im ready, doesn't mean we won't cb.

To Rapid: We cbed MP5 because 2 members approached me and said " I wanna cb." I said ok and told them to warm up. They cbed. Why the hell would we be afraid of you? Basically MP5 is just the better of AK.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 08:28:41 pm by ?Hazard » Logged

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2003, 07:34:32 pm »

Man oh Man all thease NOOB RS clans bickering over nothing this game is actually dead, all the good clans are gone and there is really not point in battling in my eyes!! hehe

So just keep yelling at each other only Noob clans left and they have not had enough of yelling yet I see no older guy or CLAN (cause there is no older clans left) fighting

You guys are just funny! But by all means    keep it up makes for good noob intertainment Grin

Ok, you dumbass. Let's take a look at the Rogue Spear Clans in the top 6:

AK: Started in September of 2001.

FiRE: Not sure when they're founded; about a year old.

RnT: About a year old.

KotA: Origonaly founded by PsYcO breakoffs, over a year ago.

Freak: Founded by HappyJack as a joke/fun clan, about 6 months ago.

MP5: Founded by Typhy, the origonal founder of AK, and the person in this community who has done the most CBs.

Hmm, noobs? You're the noob, so fuck off.

I mean No older clans that still play RS exept for maybe? Virus or *Damn but I am not sure if they still Play that game, doesent look like it
 ROFL  

Clans over a year old who have done RS CBs this season: FiRE, AK, RnT, KoS, Virus, DAF, KotA, AgT, *NADS, and FBI. - That's 10.

Now, let's take a look at the GHR ladder: Virus, AgT, FiRE, *DAMN, EUR. That's 5.

Ok, I am assuming this is Casper because he is probably the only one dumb enough to assume this.

Hazard, it's sad how poorly you treat your own members. Calling them dumb in a public forum, in a non joking manner. That's just sad.

One last comment about the issue of potentialy extending the BL for about 15 days. I don't think that's fair. Clans came into these finals knowing what they had to do to win. I know that I would've done things differently had I known there were 30 days in the finals, instead of 15. I think that we just have to accept that there were some problems with the finals, and correct the problems for the next season.
[/color]

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
KotA PaT (School)
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2003, 07:36:59 pm »

whoa whoa whoa rapid calm down we have challenged AK to cb many many times... since when have you challenged US?!?!?!!? Where are you coming up with this BS? I have asked you and Stealth Sniper while you were both in my game to cb and you left because you had lunch or something. I'm not accusing you of lying then but right now you certainly are. We have challenged EVERY CLAN IN THE FINALS to cb MULTIPLE TIMES.
-MP5- and KotA were in the process of warming up when they backed out... no one else has accepted our multiple challenges. Rapid, you are full of shit, like Infect said.
Typhy

Woot

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2003, 08:19:07 pm »

Pat, I take a great ammount of pleasure in watching you guys not find CBs. I didn't really want it to come to this, but I guess it has to. I will not CB against you, and or Rancid, because of the shit you pulled in the earlier CB.

The reason I "backed out" during warmup, is because when I play you guys, I know that I have to be playing perfectly, since you're very likely to grab some C4, and go find a corner. Secondly, there was no "warm up", I said that I wanted to warm up and then I would tell you wether or not I would CB, depending on how well I was playing. We went over to your host ( which had a 350 ping, and was laggy as hell ), played a few games, and it became obvious to me that I wasn't going to be able to beat you if you pulled a cheap stunt like you did in the last CB. Simple as that.  

AK_Rap1d
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 09:55:17 pm »

Man...  How bout you fools GET OVER YOUR EXCUSES, and actually CB!

All you're doing here, is carrying on with the excuses! Shocked

What's going on in here, is the PERFECT reason to accept SS's of CB Challenges, and the responses of opposing clans.  That will CLEAR out all questions. Shocked

It's obvious a handfull of people here are full of excuses.  I think it's time to drop the excuses, and GET TO BATTLING!

(Guys, don't worry bout the alias n00b talking out his ass.  It's obvious it's a jealous fool talking trash because he isn't in the position we're in.  DUH!)

Casper
Forum Whore

Shut it

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2003, 12:31:40 am »

Rapid Can you Really Be that dumb? you havent Challagned people and you say you have?

The marines are so good they took a jeep into some Iraq village trying to get ambushed, they refueled 6 times and did everything they could to get ambushed. and didn't!
Then the same people take in a army jeep and try not to get ambushed and they do. but the marines kill them all and go home.
Mattster

I have Retired.

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2003, 12:37:26 am »

I see there are 3 clans who want to cb here. Why dont you three cb each other?

Retired Mac RS Player.
bronto
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 12:39:40 am »

its probably one of those no name ghost recon players that swarmed from the construct over to the b&g and *DAMN.

anyway, typhy, i just want to say dont ask me to cb again, just because i cant accept without permission of the leader, so you might as well ask one of them. i know youve heard it before, but to other clans that keep asking me, FiRE has rules (as its been said before) so ask the leaders, not me.

infect, i havnt played rs or even been on the comp in a long time, so try to find me on aim sometime so we can play.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads