*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 02:55:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Why one should vote Kerry
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why one should vote Kerry  (Read 4680 times)
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 12:32:22 am »

Well put, Spets. May our back patting continue.

It's shocking to me to see the myth of Bush compared against the reality of Kerry.

It's as if every Bush failure is seen as a moment of moral clarity; a turning point if you will. While every act of honor and heroism on the part of Kerry is an seen as an oppurtunity to attack, slander, and mislead.

It's no secret that Bush is an alcoholic. It's an open secret that he abused drugs. Neither is something I would use to disqualify him from office -- drugs are drugs and ppl overcome dependancy. But, where are the Rightist's slanders on his character? What, finding Jesus absolves you of your past flaws? Finding God excuses all your past evils?

Fuck, what then if Osama found Jesus? Would he be any less guilty?

People forget that Kerry has no scandles on back.

He's been open with America. He fought. He suffered. He then protested. Later, he moved on and up. Where is Kerry's great flaw? His evil? His dark past? WHERE?

What sort of man is Bush next to him? He's a coward. He's irresponsible. He refuses to acknowledge that life is complex, instead relying on a misguided view of Christ and Christianity to fill his empty moral character. Moral clarity does not come from God, it comes from you -- God and faith are just the filters through which your own morals are realized. Again, look at Osama to see a man who is Godly but not Goodly.

Well, I got word for you fundamentalists out there, you Bush appologists -- beleiving in God is not the same as acting for Good. Having Faith is not an excuse for incompetence. Nor is it a get out of jail free card in regards to your flaws or mistakes. We are all human, and Faith doesn't change that. Bad policy, whether you believe it to be good or not is still bad policy. A host of evil visited on our nation, an embarassment of mistakes, a war of agression, Constitutional pandering -- all of this is bad. Godly ppl don't kill. They turn the other cheek, right? Righteous indignation is a sign of a Proud man, not a Humble man who seeks to bring honor to his office. Packing the profiteering corporations with your political allies is not generousity -- it is Greed. Invading a country is not "doing unto others" -- it is wrong.

One cannot lay claim to the moral Right and do these things.

They're faith is hollow.

<<end rant>>

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
KoS.Rebel
Forum Whore

+-Killers on Spree-+

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 04:34:09 am »

Ummm Myst u fail to forget that John Kerry served in Vietnam, but once he arrived he did all he could to get three purple hearts so he could leave ASAP. Reports in magazines such as People and on the news reports about Kerry "Cut his finger and forced his officer to put in a recommendation for the medal". Basically what i just said can be summed up in one word. That word being P U S S Y .

The extent of one's abilities is only limited by the restrictions of one's mind
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2004, 05:07:23 am »

No Rebel, the pussy is the guy who cried so he wouldn't have to go to fight...Bush.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
BTs_Lee.Harvey
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

Evill: Don&#039;t make me smack you.

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2004, 09:11:43 am »

and three Purple Hearts

Did anyone ever look up how he got these.. Its quite funny... It alot less then what its made out to be... Snke bit is one of them, Anothr is a bullet grazing him.. barley breaking the skin. And i know that one was bacialy awadered to himself... Sry for spelling mistkes... im a little high right now.. Green party all the way!!!

Djing isn&#039;t realy about celebrity, or money, or getting laid, it&#039;s about music. Music is what motivates the finest DJ&#039;s:they love it, they live for it.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2004, 02:12:30 pm »

Well if he recieved purple hearts for those . . . that means many other people recieved purple hearts for the same reasons. He was'nt as large then as he is now (obviously) so many of the so they did'nt just hand em' over to him. So let's say we bash all people who got them self a purple heart.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 05:32:01 pm »

and three Purple Hearts

Did anyone ever look up how he got these.. Its quite funny... It alot less then what its made out to be... Snke bit is one of them, Anothr is a bullet grazing him.. barley breaking the skin. And i know that one was bacialy awadered to himself... Sry for spelling mistkes... im a little high right now.. Green party all the way!!!

A vote for the Greens is a vote for George W. Bush.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 07:40:31 pm »

Green party has 8% of the vote in Canada... I will never vote for them.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 10:11:08 pm »

Guys, the issue isn't the purple hearts. Getting shot don't make you a hero.

It's the two other medals -- Silver Star and Bronze Star with Combat V.

"The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The required gallantry, while of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Service Cross, must nevertheless have been performed with marked distinction."

"The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Army of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service"

I think you can't really argue with those two awards.

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 11:49:12 pm »

"The Silver Star is awarded to a person who, while serving in any capacity with the U.S. Army, is cited for gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly foreign forces engaged in armed conflict against an opposing armed force in which the United States is not a belligerent party. The required gallantry, while of a lesser degree than that required for the Distinguished Service Cross, must nevertheless have been performed with marked distinction."

"The Bronze Star Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Army of the United States after 6 December 1941, distinguished himself or herself by heroic or meritorious achievement or service"

What's your point?  Within my family, we have 1 Person awarded the Medal of Honor, 1 Person awarded the Army Distinguished Service Cross, 3 People awarded the Silver Star, 2 People awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, 1 Person awarded the Soldiers Medal (Me), 5 People awarded the Bronze Star, and 8 People awarded the Purple Heart at least once (3 of those were awarded the Purple Heart multiple times).  So what's your point?  Many people have been awarded medals from the armed services of this country.  But do you know what?  Most of them didn't throw their medals away in a war protest (of course Kerry claims that he did, but he didn't, but he did, but he didn't, but they were somebody else's medals, but he didn't, but he did, but his dog ate them, but he never threw them away....etc, etc, etc).  So if John F'ing Kerry wasn't proud of his medals when he came back from Vietnam, why the fuck should anyone give a shit about his medals now, when he only wants to use them for political gain???
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 11:51:18 pm by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 11:49:36 pm »

Im sure the republicans could fabricate some story to explain them.

John Lennon
Mr.Mellow
Official ass-kisser
Forum Whore

m00t!

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2004, 12:08:55 am »

What's your point?  Within my family, we have 1 Person awarded the Medal of Honor, 1 Person awarded the Army Distinguished Service Cross, 3 People awarded the Silver Star, 2 People awarded the Distinguished Flying Cross, 1 Person awarded the Soldiers Medal (Me), 5 People awarded the Bronze Star, and 8 People awarded the Purple Heart at least once (3 of those were awarded the Purple Heart multiple times).  So what's your point?  Many people have been awarded medals from the armed services of this country.  But do you know what?  Most of them didn't throw their medals away in a war protest (of course Kerry claims that he did, but he didn't, but he did, but he didn't, but they were somebody else's medals, but he didn't, but he did, but his dog ate them, but he never threw them away....etc, etc, etc).  So if John F'ing Kerry wasn't proud of his medals when he came back from Vietnam, why the fuck should anyone give a shit about his medals now, when he only wants to use them for political gain???

Heh. What's your point, GS? That your family didn't do shit to earn those medals? You shouldn't be proud of them for receiving them? Or, do they just not mean anything if a democrat was awarded them?

It puts itself on ice...It puts itself on ice, or else it gets the orange juice again!

m00t, I am the Screwer of Squirming Citrus.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2004, 12:09:01 am »

Hmmmm, using War medals that one earned in combat or using Religion for political gain. Im not gunna try to put words in God's mouth, but I think he looks at the latter as more deplorable. John Kerry used his medals to bring incomprehensible atrocities committed by his very country to light, while George W. Bush used his religion to steal the Presidency. The choices are simple this November, we can elect a President that fights for what he believes in or we can re-elect a half wit   who has never had to think for himself, much less fight for a cause.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 12:21:59 am »

I second that mellow, is he trying to say that those medals aren't worth anything. Is he forgetting bush never went to war? What is the deal GS?

John Lennon
seth
Forum Whore

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 12:27:46 am »

When Kerry was talking about war, or against war should i say, he knew what he was talking about. Thats the main difference with Bush. Period.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 12:30:15 am by bobby » Logged

OMG another 4 years !!!
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2004, 01:29:15 am »

I second that mellow, is he trying to say that those medals aren't worth anything. Is he forgetting bush never went to war? What is the deal GS?

No, I am saying that after the Vietnam War, John F'ing Kerry acted ashamed of his medals and threw them away at an anti-war rally.  So why should anybody care about them now, if he didn't respect them then?[/size]

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2004, 01:34:32 am »

You don't understand the symbolism GS.

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2004, 01:37:34 am »

You don't understand the symbolism GS.

No, I understand the symbolism all too well.  You see, I too have been awarded military decorations, both in peace and in war.  You will never convince someone like me that what he did was not the act of a traitor to this country.  And there are MILLIONS of American Veterans that feel the same way about John F'ing Kerry.[/size]

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2004, 01:44:22 am »

No, I am saying that after the Vietnam War, John F'ing Kerry acted ashamed of his medals and threw them away at an anti-war rally.  So why should anybody care about them now, if he didn't respect them then?

It was a symbolic gesture protesting what history would later confirm, that the Vietnam War was a horrific mistake. John Kerry had no respect for the Nixon administration, not the medals. The fact that he used his medals as a tool of protest against an unjust war, does not warrant forgetting about what history has told us.  

~Voltaire

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2004, 01:52:40 am »

I believe he did that because he didn't think he was worthy of medals for such a terrible war.

John Lennon
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2004, 01:56:13 am »

My God!  You people really have been brainwashed!  Get the fuck out of school, drop out of college....all those places are doing is BRAINWASHING YOU!  Unbelievable!  From this day forward, I think I am going to home-school my daughter.  I refuse to let her go to the liberal school system and get brainwashed like this.[/size]

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads