*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 03:09:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  General Gossip (Moderators: Grifter, cookie, *DAMN Hazard, c| Lone-Wolf, BTs_GhostSniper)
| | |-+  Iraqi Prisoners Shown Humiliated
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Iraqi Prisoners Shown Humiliated  (Read 8331 times)
tasty
Special Forces
Forum Whore

we hate it when our friends become successful

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2004, 10:53:07 pm »

I think we should all keep in mind how much of this goes on in war (on both sides) that isn't caught on film. Only a tiny minority of abusers are ever stupid enough to document their crimes on tape.

Patriots always talk of dying for their country and never of killing for their country.? -Bertrand Russell
abe 2.0
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 03:15:25 pm »

This whole affair really makes me sick and i am ashamed at the way some members of our armed forces are behaving in Iraq. I have a feeling that this goes further than a few "bad apples" in a reserve MP regiment.....
you should all read the seymour hersh article in the new yorker if you havent already:
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040510fa_fact
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2004, 10:01:43 am »

Jesus H. Christ......

Shit like this happens in every war....

I don't see you bitching about how American POW's were treated in Vietnam...or how American Pilots were brutalized, raped, murdered, and then had their body parts dragged through Somalian streets....or how those same Iraqi prisoners in those pictures tortured American soldiers during the 1st Gulf War...

Hey here's a thought...

I heard someone recently bitching about how the military is full of a bunch of ass-sucking conservatives always ready to rape someone else's culture....To be honest...I'm glad...

If the military were left for a bunch of bleeding heart liberals...we'd all have british accents and eating fucking creme brulet....

(uNt 2001-2003 Long live the memories.

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2004, 11:24:14 am »

don't see you bitching about how American POW's were treated in Vietnam...or how American Pilots were brutalized, raped, murdered, and then had their body parts dragged through Somalian streets....or how those same Iraqi prisoners in those pictures tortured American soldiers during the 1st Gulf War...

Yes they did. Yes they do. So does the fact its happend before justify it happening now? people should shut up and say 'well they did it to us so we are going to do it to them'.... and then u try take the high moral ground?? I would have thought if nothing more the Israel/palestine conflict had proven beyond doubt that retaliation does not work, it simply fuels the fire.

To say its the same prisoners in the pictures who tortured american soldiers during the 1st gulf war is mad, ok there is a very very remote chance, but to be honest, it just sounds like an attempt to justify the actions of those soldiers. There is NO justification for those actions.

If the military were left for a bunch of bleeding heart liberals...we'd all have british accents and eating fucking creme brulet....

Oi watch it Wink nothing wrong with a british accent... whichever one u pick that is (minus welsh, shudder)
oh and i'll pass on the creme brulet thanks, my steak and chips are almost ready

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 01:45:47 pm »

1. I'm not endorsing the actions these idiots took in torturing Iraqi prisoners...

2. Sorry about knocking on the british accent...I had just seen The Patriot and you know how inspiring Mel Gibson can be  Wink   EDIT: I meant French accent.......yea....

My main point is that I'm tired of hearing people complain about these things. War is war...it ain't a fuckin tea party...shit like that happens...but what the fuck are you gonna do about it thousands of miles away sitting at your desk typing on a keyboard...How would you respond if you were carrying a gun in your hands and someone started killing your friends around you...Would you throw it to the ground and start singing Koombaya? Honestly....think about it...

"|MP|Cringe.jNu.X.3: no smoke, us white people dont eat dog"- This quote brought to you by Assmasters Anonymous.
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 01:56:17 pm »

lol no worries. we sound rather funny i no my dear chap, wot wot. tally ho Wink

People complain becasue they are not happy. To not complain would suggest that you are happy with war. ok thats rather simplistic i know. People want to voice their discontent about what is going on, and that is great.

if you were carrying a gun in your hands and someone started killing your friends around you.... Would you throw it to the ground and start singing Koombaya? Honestly....

No, i would shoot back, without question. However that is not what has happend. These are prisoners, they were completely at the mercy of their captors - if there had been a prison riot and the iraqs were shooting the prison guards, i would not blame the prison guards for shooting back. howeved If i were a part of the occupying force that has 'liberated' iraq from a dictator, who murdered and tortured his own people... i would not do the same. i wouldn't do it full stop. end of story.

None of this is acceptable. And for people to speak up about how they are unhappy with it is great. Admitedly its not doing a whole lot of good here, but the more things like this are kept in peoples minds, the more people might stop and think about what is going on.... And for just one person to change the way they think about what is happening in the world right now makes it worth it.

KoS PY.nq.ict
Forum Whore

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 02:01:28 pm »

I guess what I was getting at was the emotions you feel during war. Your friends are dead so you want to exact revenge against the pigs who killed them. Same goes for how the Iraqis feel...It's the way war works.

P.S. It'd make my day if you'd type..."Indubitably...Now won't you join me for some tea and crumpets ol chap?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 02:03:49 pm by KoS PY.nq.ict » Logged

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 02:10:10 pm »

Yeah, and that can be one of the most dangerouse things. People are blinded by hatred and/or the need to feel they can exact revenge to deal with their loss .... well in some extream cases. But in this case i don't think that was the case. In some of them it just seemed a big joke - lets make them all pile up naked and laugh etc... the more seriose stuff for instance the psychologica torture well, it is horribly calucated and cold - its not a quick kicking or somthing - its prolonged and extreamly disturbing.

ps... well just for you Wink
Jolly fine idea my old chap. indubitably. oh i say, wont you join me for some tea and crumpets my dear chap? Jeeves is just bring them now wot wot

cO.gabe

<< Auto Away Message >>

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 07:10:45 pm »

You know what is quite enjoyable? Auto-erotic asphyxiation.  Yes...quite, quite.  

** paddle paddle **

"The day I tried to live, I wallowed in the blood and mud with all the other pigs... And I learned that I was a liar, just like you."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 08:41:00 pm »

This is the worst public humilation of the armed forces in my lifetime.

Rumsfield should be fired.
The General and attendant officers in the chain of command leading directly to those soldiers who commited these acts should be investigated, and if found willfully complicit or willfully ignorant, then courtmartialed as well.
The President should offer a public, humble appology to the world and to the Iraqi people.

Nothing else will be satisfactory.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:32:52 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2004, 09:02:35 pm »

Sometimes I think it's good to put things in perspective.

As much as I dispise what has gone on in Iraq, it's nothing compared to 911.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 09:03:33 pm by "Sixhits" » Logged

"Perhaps, the most important thing to remember about that which we are faced with: Fascism, at its core, is a fraud. It promises the triumphal resurrection of the nation, and delivers only devastation. Strength without wisdom is a chimera, resolve without competence a travesty."
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2004, 12:08:20 am »

Yeah totally Sixhits. Your absolutly right....

That is if you regard those members of the US Army To be fundamentalist terrorists... of course its far worse than a bit of torture.

But there was i thinking that the US and the Coalition were helping Iraq be liberated, from an evil dictator who murdered and tortured his people.

911 - terrorists fly two planes into the World trade towers killing thousands..

iraq - Pictures show US soldiers Torturing prisoners, degrading them in specific ways that apply to their religion including sexual acts, beside reports of sevear beatings and rape and buggery.

Hell if we want to put all this 'into perspective'  How about we talk about AIDS?

"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2004, 12:32:11 am »

What's terrible about the rash of torture in Iraq is that no one expected to find that Americans would be so brutal. No one, except the terrorists. Which makes these actions of terror our boys and girls did so treasonous. They've undercut the legitamacy of our occupation and everything America stands for.

These actions have left us bare, revealing us to be as evil as any Iraqi local or militant Islamist can imagine.

The tenuous thread of legitamacy behind our endeavour was the ONLY thing the US had in Iraq. Remember hearts and minds? These soldiers, their commanders, the Sec of Def, and the President have pissed it away.

It gives comfort to the enemy in the most direct form: by driving those people we came to save into the arms of our enemies.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 12:37:40 am by "Sixhits" » Logged

the oNe
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2004, 01:20:46 am »

this shit would have never happened if the european crusades didn't charge into the middle east and initiated jihad.

Religions start wars, not countries.

though, not all wars are started by religions...there is always some sort of religion involved such as World War 2.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 01:23:05 am by <o:n:e » Logged
Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2004, 01:53:51 am »

1.  its prolly some BS pictures to make the US all shitty
2.  if its not those fucking iraqis deserve it.  we should torture/rape/kill every iraqi captive per American death, that way those fucking bastards wont hide in buildings and wear street clothes like pussy's.  they deserve every second of torture, dont fuck with the US.
"Sixhits"
*DAMN Supporter
Forum Whore

Monkey see, monkey do

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2004, 02:13:14 am »

1.  its prolly some BS pictures to make the US all shitty
2.  if its not those fucking iraqis deserve it.  we should torture/rape/kill every iraqi captive per American death, that way those fucking bastards wont hide in buildings and wear street clothes like pussy's.  they deserve every second of torture, dont fuck with the US.

And such tatics have had incredible success historically, right? It's a pity modern civilizations have to suffer fools like you so gladdly.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2004, 03:14:43 am »

if its not those fucking iraqis deserve it.? we should torture/rape/kill every iraqi captive per American death, that way those fucking bastards wont hide in buildings and wear street clothes like pussy's.? they deserve every second of torture, dont fuck with the US.

Your one very fucked up kid. Go get some counseling

Cow

The better you are the luckier you get

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 03:27:30 am »

mac gaming made me this way
Cossack
Special Forces
God bless the freaks

SEMPER TRANSFUEGA

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 03:43:00 am »

Cow you gotta be joking.

BREAD LAND AND PEACE!
R.I.P Grifter
BTs_GhostSniper
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2004, 04:27:17 am »

Wow, I'm a militant right-wing Republican and cow even scared me with that.

lol....well, a little.  Wink

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads