*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:07:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: America's Army Ladder - Stay or go?  (Read 3540 times)
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster
God save the Royal Whorealots

« on: August 09, 2004, 11:58:34 am »

Hi gals and guys,

in season VII we had a little activity in the AA ladder, in season VIII 0. So we are thinking to drop the AA ladder for season IX, because of the lack of Mac servers, no GameRanger support, or do you think we should let it on for another season?

Let us know please.

Bye,

Mauti

*DAMN: One Worldwide Gaming Community
since 13th June 2000
www.damnr6.com | army.damnr6.com
10 last played songs - CLICK ME!
Civrock

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 12:03:35 pm »

the clear lack of AA clans is another big problem, i think...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
[a] LYNX

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 12:44:01 pm »

there should be even a yahtzee ladder. what's the deal in not laddering some games that have the potential to be played?

[a] LYNX
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 12:51:44 pm »

The logic is that a game that was offered for 3 or even 4 seasons now and is still not played is unnecessary, so we try to find out if someone wants to play this game or if we can drop the ladder.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
th.Sentinel

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:16:49 pm »

I hope the AA ladder can stay... The main reason why it isn't played that much is because of the high system requirements to run the game. But recently I have noticed many ppl are upgrading their comps (***points @ Mauti). And more and more Mac-ppl are able to play the game. More potential players, mb new clans will be founded...

I agree with Logic, what harm could it do to leave the ladder up? Or is Elandrion rewriting the code?

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 05:29:20 pm »

The chances are 50/50 come the next version of AA mac support will end. I think that will be the doom of the ladder because the only reason I still play AA is to keep updated for when the vehicle mod comes out...if it comes out.....for mac.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 05:53:46 pm »

Im not going to be playing AA untill I get my DP 2.5. Hopefully in a month or so. So its pretty safe to say -a2- wont be competeing on this season ladder. I dont see the harm of keeping the ladder though. With more and more gamers getting new hardware the game may take off. I know Toxic, BTs and Network still have a bunch of guys that still play this game hardcore.

voods

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
Civrock

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 05:57:55 pm »

3-4 clans are not really enough to keep a ladder active respectively to give it a sense to exist, unfortunately...

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 06:56:04 pm »

If those 3-4 clans play just one good cb, then I say that there is plenty of reason to let it stay. What is the harm of letting it stay?

BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 08:00:03 pm »

Magnetic, no that isn't  plenty of a reason. They can play that 1 CB for fun. This is a BL not a little play 1 CB per season thing. 1 CB should never declare a winner. And yes there do have to be winners.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 09:52:25 pm »

The logic is that a game that was offered for 3 or even 4 seasons now and is still not played is unnecessary, so we try to find out if someone wants to play this game or if we can drop the ladder.

Drop it.  Anyone who wants to play can come to the MGL to play America's Army.  It will be available there.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
.vooDoo.
God bless the freaks

.:N|General Billy likes his salad tossed!

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 10:13:33 pm »

Anyone?

.:Voodoo:.
Adult Gamers Alliance
*DAMN Battle League Administrator 2002 - 2004 Retired
Brothers of Chaos - Winners of *DBL Raven Shield Season 8 with 14-0 Record
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 10:17:26 pm »

Anyone?

Stop trying to instigate something...I've been TRYING to be civil towards you lately.

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

GEN BILLY

Go Damn

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 05:42:47 am »

the .::|N|etwork is still playing AA and still has a 20 man server we just need some compitition keep the ladder well use it

GEN BILLY
KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2004, 06:48:54 am »

Anyone?

Stop trying to instigate something...I've been TRYING to be civil towards you lately.

I think the only reason why you consider that instigating is because you know that you shouldnt be posting on another League's website to try and convert people to something else. You wanna have a "mac gaming league" then go ahead, but don't post on the original, and only good *DAMN Gaming community.

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
BTs_GhostSniper

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 07:06:04 am »

Anyone?

I think the only reason why you consider that instigating is because you know that you shouldnt be posting on another League's website to try and convert people to something else. You wanna have a "mac gaming league" then go ahead, but don't post on the original, and only good *DAMN Gaming community.

Civic was a Battle League Admin here, and he is currently a moderator on at least one of the *DAMN Forums, is he not?  He posts links to the *DAMN BL on the MGL Forum, so why can't I mention the MGL on the *DAMN Forum???  Sounds like a double-standard to me, but then I'm not a Kerry Flip-Flopper like most of the people here are.[/size]
« Last Edit: August 12, 2004, 07:07:21 am by BTs_GhostSniper » Logged

Toxic::Joka
Forum Whore

Now available in PC flavour.

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 07:33:51 am »

Oh, I see the vote ended.. . well add one vote to "yes" cause I didn't get to vote.

Mauti, didn't you just make a post about how activity drops to zero on vacations.. . now vacation is over (atleast for me ) then what can we assume will happen now that everyone are getting back to the of so lovely academic world.. .

I really don't see why so many voted for "no". Does it really bother you that much when you load the Battleleague page, its one extra hyperlink, we're talking a few bytes here.

KoS Ultimo
Forum Whore

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2004, 08:26:18 am »

Civic was a Battle League Admin here, and he is currently a moderator on at least one of the *DAMN Forums, is he not?  He posts links to the *DAMN BL on the MGL Forum, so why can't I mention the MGL on the *DAMN Forum???  Sounds like a double-standard to me, but then I'm not a Kerry Flip-Flopper like most of the people here are.[/size]

I'm not saying he is any better then you are. He post links of the *DAMN BL on MGL forums because there is nothing else to go there to talk about. *owned*

Clan +-KoS-+ 6/26/01 - present

*DAMN BL Season 1 & 2 Rouge Spear Champions
*DAMN Mauti
Webmaster

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2004, 09:23:50 am »

Alright thanks guys for all your input and I'll consider your opinions when seaosn IX starts.

Bye,

Mauti

since 13th June 2000
BTs_Mysterio

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2004, 05:59:40 pm »

No GS. You and others from the MGL started posting a ridiculous amount of links to the MGL on DAMN. You are just proving you can't take it when things are thrown back in your face.

John Lennon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads