*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:23:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GhR cheat tests in the upcoming season.  (Read 17154 times)
Tin

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2005, 03:39:51 am »

Just do cheat tests randomly with map on with and without apponents in front and it should be ok
and ask for SS not during breifings but after a loaded map

I dont think that will work. If you get a bad spawn, just demand a cheat test.

Besides the cheaters (if there be any) know that these cheat tests are coming this season so i think IF there is any cheaters they will cut down alot if not all of there cheating.

Or they are already workin on new cheats which arn't obviously detectable with this cheat test.

Is it possible to create something like iGuard for Ghr? I have no clue of this stuff.
But if were possible, we should focus on that. If we could create such a program it would solve the whole problem.

Tin
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 04:15:41 pm by Tin » Logged
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2005, 05:13:27 am »

Ey ey ey, No pics in your sigs.

Just do cheat tests randomly with map on with and without apponents in front and it should be ok

I dont think that will work. If you get a bad spawn. Just demand a cheat test.

This is getting far too out of control.  Cheat tests should be done first thing - like say during lagtests - one of the lagtests can be also a cheat test.  It shouldn't be done at random intervals during the game.

Besides the cheaters (if there be any) know that these cheat tests are coming this season so i think IF there is any cheaters they will cut down alot if not all of there cheating.

Or they are already workin on new cheats which arn't obviously detectable with this cheat test.

Is it possible to create something like iGuard for Ghr? I have no clue of those stuff.
But if it possible, we should focus on that. If we could create such a program it would solve the whole problem.

Tin

I guess I would have to see as to how exactly iGuard works.  I know with Punkbuster it makes sure that all the GhR files are there and unmodifyed I believe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 05:20:56 am by •Shade• » Logged

Musk_Melon

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2005, 06:22:44 am »

I dont think that will work. If you get a bad spawn. Just demand a cheat test.

Another good reason not to do it at any time^^^
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 06:26:29 am by Musk_Melon » Logged

Always hold on to thy Musket.
ghost.fr

http://monks.4yu.fr

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2005, 09:05:08 am »

a maximum of one surprise test should be allowed but i think its anoying and asked with care
ghost.fr

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2005, 09:10:53 am »

a maximum of one surprise test should be allowed but i think its anoying and asked with care

and just after start (max 5 secs) maybe with

1/ 3 shots in sky (for replays to prove it was realy a demand of surprise CT)
2/ text message like: "surprise in game CT SS demand" by one team member

what do u guys think?
z][t-Primary

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2005, 02:27:56 pm »

this is getting out of hand. i dont mean that we shouldnt be testing for cheats, but the CB is enough of a hassle as it is. there should def. be a better way, is what im saying. i personally wouldnt want to have to compare SS's after CBs and take them during CBs at random intervals.

what happens if a player crashes during the game, or one leaves to get his buddy back online? do we have to do the cheat test again to make sure that no one is playing with 2 versions of GhR and just faking a crash to join with the other one?

its rediculous.

its hard enough to look for a CB as it is, let alone convince someone to come and go through the whole process just to play a few games.
Musk_Melon

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2005, 02:49:38 pm »

Still doesn't fix the problem with somone demanding it because of a bad spawn.Even if you are only alowed to do it once a cb.Ok say its near the last round of a really tight cb,one of the clans decides to go with chalet (I think you guys all know what im talking about when when i say good spawn is VERY inportant there) Ok, then say you start the game,somone gets the spawn inside the chalet or behind the fence...Ahhhaaa WE WANT A CHEAT TEST! It just shouldn't be alowed.

Always hold on to thy Musket.
Tin

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2005, 04:09:54 pm »

I think we should stop discussing about the SS cheat  test, it gets us nowhere. There are 2 opinions about it and that it is.
Rather we should  try to create an anti cheat program like iGuard. It would be amazing! All servers we would cb on would have to have the program enabled. Nobody would have to worry about cheating anymore. Sounds cool, doesnt it?
Unfortunately I can only make suggestions, cause I dont know how to programme. wallbashing

Tin
ghost.fr

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2005, 06:13:01 pm »

then guys dont choose chalet its a low technic used by low players to unbalance a game, it wont bring u credits

just play fairly without tricks, good players dont need it, plus some maps should be removed ! like this one

and if doind a cheat test is a problem then dont ask for it!! and if u dont want clans to use CT in there advantage, say they should be asked in the first 4 games not after, done early it wont make a problem

And if u think that when a clan has a bad spawn it ask for CT then what do u think about fake crashes that force a restart of game

thats all bad excuses not to do CTs

cottonmouth

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2005, 08:43:45 pm »

I think we need to take a SS of our GHR data folder 30 mins prior to a CB, and another every 5 mins leading up to the CB. 3mins before the CB all SS must be given to the opposing team who must then get them stamped by a notary public and post dated at least one min prior to CB, and mailed to the Damn admins for review. Then you can all lick my balls cause this shit is getting crazy yo!!!!!

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Cell

Emo? Are you kidding?

« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2005, 09:00:23 pm »

Right on Cotton...but I think you missed a few things there.....I would like scans of thumbprints, passports, driver's licenses & birth certificates (original copies only).  Then all those participating in the cb must create a disc image of thier hard drive and email it to:

cheetrsssukballz@paranoiddelusion.net.org

On a serious note.....an iGuard equivalent would be a beutiful thing, but as Tin said:

Unfortunately I can only make suggestions, cause I dont know how to programme.

I would be willing to be the iGuard guinea pig host for Ghost Recon....who woud be the right techy to talk to about something like this?  Also...anybody able to help me with tracking stats for Ghost Recon games....when I host.  I would love to provide the same kind of thing BTs LeeHarvey does on his RvS server.

Feedback requested!! Over & Out_____

Well, I see your hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all kinds of ill shit."
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2005, 09:25:54 pm »

Ghost... you're making this more complicated than it really is

and just after start (max 5 secs) maybe with

I know from working with *DAMN for a while that things need to be kept simple... this is just obsurd.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
ghost.fr

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2005, 11:42:04 pm »

i agree krush but plz come with an other solution

its maybe obsurd but the all cituation is !!

if u want we do a test, u CB me without CT or SS u take replays and then u tell me if i cheated or not and where i did or not!!! if u get me u dont need SS if u dont then anyone on this game can screw u

i bet i can screw u anytime, just take my word
~Po~ TiroFino

« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2005, 12:22:21 am »

Great idea!!!! But... there's always a BUT - Hopefully clans wont use the cheat test as an excuse to get out of a bad spawn in a certain map..... to clarify: If when a team spawns and has a really shitty spawn, they can call CT to get out of it. I'm just hoping that this is not the case, but how to avoid it?

"Ask not what your Mac can do for you, but what you can do for your Mac"
cO.twist

« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2005, 02:08:38 am »

well what we did against ghra...we typed that it was a cheattest as the game was counting down to launch.  and in case they didn't see it (which they would after the game started anyways) we said it on all chat while the map was loading.
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2005, 07:49:20 am »

perfect, CT must be called for during the countdown or while in the loading screen on All chat.  Problem solved of doing a CT with a bad spawn.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2005, 10:00:54 am »

Seriously...how many cheaters do you think there are? I’m pretty sure that no one in the established clans are cheating, cause they don’t need to (except glitching, which someone still do). So are we wasting all this time just because it CAN be done? I have never found any cheats, call me a cheatnoob w/e, but I haven’t found any on any sites I have visited. I don’t think this is as widespread in the community as this thread implies. Sure, there is always the little punk, who is tired of getting shot by clanplayers. Sure there is always the kid with low selfasteem, who needs to cheat in a computergame to feel superior...let’s not give these guys anymore attention. We cb mostly with players that have played for a long time, players who play for fun...it’s a frickin game in a computer! I would rather play against a cheater than put both teams through all this. We might lose the game or we might win anyway, I couldn’t care less.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:02:49 am by z][t-Magnetic » Logged

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2005, 11:02:32 am »

I agree with magnetic 100%

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
ghost.fr

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2005, 12:08:46 pm »

Great idea!!!! But... there's always a BUT - Hopefully clans wont use the cheat test as an excuse to get out of a bad spawn in a certain map..... to clarify: If when a team spawns and has a really shitty spawn, they can call CT to get out of it. I'm just hoping that this is not the case, but how to avoid it?

AND what about if they fake a crash to avoid a bad spawn its the same!! there is nothing u can do against bad players, something u can do like me u stop CBing them on next time they ask
ghost.fr

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2005, 12:19:49 pm »

Seriously...how many cheaters do you think there are? I’m pretty sure that no one in the established clans are cheating, cause they don’t need to (except glitching, which someone still do). So are we wasting all this time just because it CAN be done?

Well mag u know its not cheats like client mods but much more and easy textures swaps
 so all can easely do it, and from what i checked on alot of the last 2 month, alot are using it

also if they dont use them all the time

plus mag look at the last proven cheaters, they where from respected clans, i guess there will
be more Cbs played when the game will be safe

personaly i will always choose who i cb like i did b4, cause i hate behing cheated

and if nothing is done i will play bf like in past 2 month
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads