*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:48:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13625 times)
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2005, 05:30:29 am »

I think Mag said it all in this post:
"Dont care what anyone says this is a witch hunt on the {E} clan...yes a witch hunt i call it because....
no1= you have asked that a cap be put on size of clan.
no2= you have asked me to hand pick my favorite cbers.
no3= by doing no2 you will have created conflict in my clan because some of the guys would think i have favorites, and they would think to themselves "im better than that player why did he pick him"?
no4= by downsizeing my clan your trying to make it so we as a clan, have less fun
no5=your asking me to pick and choose my friends.....not going to happen.
no6=you think for one second that im going to anger anyone by telling him that hes not good enough to cb?...not going to happen.
i believe that that everyone in my clan has a equal chance of playing in a cb,not just my so called "best players", ask yourself, is that really fair to anyone who wants to learn to cb?, even if they are new who really cares? this is about fun and everyone who has a great time im glad they did, not for one second is anyone going to tear the fun out of it by telling me how many players i can have, comon kids, lets be grownup here.i feel real sorry for several of you because it seems to me that its all about winning it all in this great game that at the end of the season  will award a million dollars to the top clan. to think i have over 30 members at 50$ a pop for voice, thats alot of cash,you think that were going to let you dictate how we play after spending cash we work hard for??....not
i take a strong stand on this, if i had to toss up between the 2 choices of playing in the damn battleleague or pissing my good friends off by downsizing or telling them they cant cb cause there not experianced enough dbl will lose that one sorry.....no offence dbl, but i love my guys."

Now thats loyalty that you can't get at Walmart. The E members have made their choice on who..what..and where they play. DBL is for all of us and not just for Clans. Mauti and his Crew support ALL.
If it's getting "Old hat" replaying the same clans over and over.. then maybe the active CB clans need to downsize themselves. 357's group just plain makes playing Ghost Recon fun. And Mauti's site and support makes it great having a Center for all to meet and talk about issues. The world doesn't revolve around CB's.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
jerkasaur

« Reply #141 on: September 01, 2005, 05:43:08 am »

Mag may have "said it all" but it doesn't mean he was responding to the right issue at hand. No one was asking him to do any of the things that he said he wouldn't do, so him telling us that he won't do those things means little to the ongoing debate. If member decide to leave and clan, and a "cap" prevents them from joining others (as it does in most sports), then those veteran players are more likely start new clans instead of offering their services to established clans that don't need them. Though I respect that the DBL is about fun, most of the fun for a significant portion of this community is the competetion in the DBL. If it wasn't for the league, I wouldn't be here and I suspect many others feel the same. I like playing ghost recon, but as time goes on, it's the competition that keeps me interested. I guess I'm just not ready to see the ghost recon league die, not because there wern't enough players, but because there wern't enough clans to cb.
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2005, 05:50:27 am »

Then I say to that last post: Let the other clans that are more competive lessen your own clan list!
E members made their choice just like you have . Respect their choice..they've respected yours.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2005, 06:26:19 am »

still no takers on starting new cb teams? in response to MR T, i didnt name you to go start a clan, i said weak or jerk could start a new one (cause i know there pushing for more clans), they would be great leaders,im sure people woud join there clan with no problems at all (i know u have a clan T, im just looking for people out there that would even want to start another clan in general) a talented player that people would respect....i see no one has stepped forward to take on the task yet, if any of my guys want to leave there free to do so, they know ill miss them but thats ok with me.tick tock...no one steps forward yet so the problem is not large clans, its lack of leaders that want to lead them, i know the reason most dont care to lead, cause maybe the bullshit? dont blame the amount of players i have on the reason as to why there are less clans,the real reason is no one wants to lead one*still no takers?
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #144 on: September 01, 2005, 06:52:32 am »

also lets add another note to this "flaming ass thread", what ever happend to alot of the other clans that used to play alot? maybe we could hunt them down and get them to start there clans back up? this would really help the community, in fact i can think of a great clan right now that im sure woud be willing to play, how about "curtain no1", "THE DAMN BATTLE LEAGUE CLAN"!,maybe you could talk to them for us huh MR T?, sence after all your an admin and [:] and others are pushing for more clans, maybe you and [:] guys could get them in the ring with us once agin?(sorry battleleague didnt mean to drag you into this).... cause i know alot of clans like [:] and all the others who have posted may call you on the phone everyday, send you mass emails,ect. to try to get you to come back in and play, LOL (im sure the battle league clan guys are all sitting around and thanking me for this one)....but in fact i really enjoyed playing you people a couple of season ago.... i think i even msg ya after the cb and said to you how your clan was a "class act" hope to see ya there !
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #145 on: September 01, 2005, 07:44:18 am »

I don't think you get the point mag... [:] is already a 9 member clan... which is usually just enough to cb. same with cO and many other clans... 10 members for cO is perfect, as a matter of fact we're downgrading, we just had 12 last week. It makes no sense for sombody in a 9 man clan to break off, that would just lessen that clans activity. BUT, it's a whole new story when it comes to a 22 man clan, you can afford to do this. Just tonight I saw {E} had 11 players online and playing.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing against you guys... and I'm not trying to lay all of this on {E}, but that's what this topic has turned into. Nobody is forcing you to do anything you don't want... just politely asking for your help in increasing the activity in the league.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2005, 08:52:30 am »

I really like all the {E} fellas.  Really really really do... Rob is always a riot and I remember doing training back with Ive and Malign before the beginning of last season.  It was really cool.  You are the only clan i talk to after we cb and really talk about the tough cb's we have.

I've never been a dick to you directly and even though I might not agree with Mags, i've never been rude.

Mag, step away from the other stuff that other people have interjected in those post.  Realize that in my original  post I say that I don't even advocate for al clan limite, but wanted it debated.

RELAX, MAN.  RELAX, BRO!  WE CAN HUG IT OUT.

We know you guys are awesome and was hoping that your large amount of members could the community by registering as 3 teams thus expanding the amount we could CB.  No one is forcing you.  No one is lobbying for it.  We are asking if thats possible.

As for me starting a clan.... I left from *nRg with T because we were bloated and wanted a new clan.  Was I asked to join other existing clan?  YES!  Man, YOU even wanted me to join and then wanted [:] to join WITH {E}.

You run your clan as you see fit as we run our clan as we see fit.  We are debating.  I'm genuinly sorry if you feel atacked or like we are trying to attack you.

CHILL.  WE LOVE YOU MAG!  We need more love

Mags, as well as Macuber... read the the latest idea... no clan would be forced to cut any players at all for any reason ever.  NEW clans would be capped at 'X'.

Besides all of this is just tossing out ideas.  I'm thinking you guys must have my posts blocked because you are making it seem like someone is asking {E} to cut players and start a new clan anf NO ONE is asking that.  We are bringing an issue to light- lack of competition-- and we are hoping to promote the growth and start of more clan... not the break up of established ones.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 09:46:23 am by theweakspot » Logged

Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2005, 12:57:32 pm »

Just tonight I saw {E} had 11 players online and playing.

and if i recall it was kinda hard just to get 7 ppl to  practise cb with ya guys, i was all for a 6v7 cause we all know it was a practise. i think its time for a group hug and let bygones be bygones. they are not or should not force it im sure for this season. LET"S GET IT ON!!!! (main season)sry had celebrity wars stuck in my head

p.s. gg's had fun Wink
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 01:05:42 pm by Malign » Logged
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2005, 03:17:33 pm »

also lets add another note to this "flaming ass thread", what ever happend to alot of the other clans that used to play alot? maybe we could hunt them down and get them to start there clans back up? this would really help the community, in fact i can think of a great clan right now that im sure woud be willing to play, how about "curtain no1", "THE DAMN BATTLE LEAGUE CLAN"!,maybe you could talk to them for us huh MR T?

Why would we want to bring back guys who don't want to/have time to play the game anymore? That's not a logical way to bolster the community -- it's like, hey guys, you don't like this game? Well would you start a team and play competatively in our league? Dumb.

still no takers on starting new cb teams? in response to MR T, i didnt name you to go start a clan, i said weak or jerk could start a new one (cause i know there pushing for more clans), they would be great leaders,im sure people woud join there clan with no problems at all (i know u have a clan T, im just looking for people out there that would even want to start another clan in general) a talented player that people would respect....i see no one has stepped forward to take on the task yet

Again, you're missing the point. I shouldn't have to explain the dynamics of my a team to you, but [:] currently has 9 players. That's the bare minimum it seems to take to have a regular season of CBing. If Weak and Jerk left, [:] wouldn't be able to play competatively. Also, their new clans wouldn't be able to CB because they wouldn't initially have enough guys. It would take at least a season or two to get to CBing strength. That's what it took to get [:] up to size. That would deminish the roster to 5 clans (based on my previous accounting) playing competatively. Again, you're ideas shrink the community.

the problem is not large clans, its lack of leaders that want to lead them, i know the reason most dont care to lead, cause maybe the bullshit? dont blame the amount of players i have on the reason as to why there are less clans,the real reason is no one wants to lead one*still no takers?

Thank you Mag for proving my point. Your comment is the PERFECT arguement for a cap on team size. Sure, why start a clan when you can just join a clan or sit comfortably in the one you're in? It's certainly easier to follow than lead, right? Well, if there was a cap, people interested in CBing would be forced to either fill out the smaller clans or start their own. Right now, they can just join any clan that will take them and the larger clans have the gravatas that draws them.

So, based on your comment above, you'd be for a cap on teams? That would have the effect you're asking for... more leaders to start clans.

And if you ignore eveything in this post like you have in my others, at least read this... You have the largest team in the DBL. You effectively have sway over its future structure. You talk about leadership -- show some and help support it. I've done my part by starting a team that's both right for its players and right for the community. Think about your actions beyond yourself.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
-ViP-PUNiSHER
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2005, 04:30:20 pm »

Isn't there a rule that limits the number of times you can CB a particular clan?  Why not just get rid of the rule so you can CB other clans as many times as you want.  I don't think its fair to flame or force the larger clans to break up.  The smaller clans are the ones that are hardest to setup a CB with.  You need to catch them when their members are all online or able to come online.  I'm talking about clans that only have about 7 members.  Forcing a large clan to break up is only gona worsen the problem because then you will have several small clans that will only be able to CB when all of their members are online.  Then when the postseason arrives, the smaller clans members might not even be able to show up on a particular day for a playoff match and the clan is forced to forfeit.  I started a clan 3 years ago instead of joining an existing clan because I liked the challenge of building a clan from scratch and helping the players around me get better.  This is only my opinion and thoughts, please do not flame me, I am not refering to any particular clan in general with this opinion.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 04:58:24 pm by =US=PUNiSHER » Logged
{E} Ive

« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2005, 06:51:45 pm »

every game ive played the teams that people want to be a part of our the larger clans. Not many of us walked onto gameranger and had a spot in our clans waitin every member community worked for there spot in there respected team. Instead making new rules how bout let the players decide how they want it more cbs start a clan. Pretty soon im gonna be payin taxes to the dbl im here for this community but this is a game
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #151 on: September 01, 2005, 06:54:32 pm »

Isn't there a rule that limits the number of times you can CB a particular clan?  Why not just get rid of the rule so you can CB other clans as many times as you want.
Because with the sheep system we had problems with clans that would keep on playing eachother and basically giving eachother sheep (this could also be done with any other system) purposely lose to give the other clan points/sheep... which is now known as a form of cheating. After this rules was added this decreased quite a bit. People don't really want to waste one of their six cbs with a certain clan just to gain a couple sheep. Every rule is added for a pretty good reason.

I don't think its fair to flame or force the larger clans to break up.
If you're not going to bother to read the previous posts then please don't post at all. GO READ JERKs SOLUTION then come back

for the last time, NOBODY IS ASKING {E} TO SPLIT UP... go read the other posts.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 06:57:47 pm by cO.krush » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #152 on: September 01, 2005, 11:35:24 pm »

Point 1
Mag, by asking us to "Split off from our clans, and form our own clans"
still no takers on starting new cb teams?

You are asking us to disband blatantly,  now you dont want us to start accusing {E} of trying to get all of the clans we are in to downsize.

Point 2
Even if we did start our own clan, {E} gobbles up any newcomer that shows a hint of potential.  Where are we supposed to get members except from existing clans or {E}.

Point 3

Why not ask your guys to start a new cb team, you are so keen on asking us to, but you cant even look in your own backyard for a "leader" to  emerge and form a new clan.

Dont start bitchin that Im asking you to disband, Im just tellin ya that you are being a huge hypocrite buddy

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2005, 12:17:53 am »

Split , add, drop, recruit,cap ,sub clan, oh fuck, this thread is so back and forth its getting sickening, it seems that everyone has had their say, now it seems that its more of a he said this he said that, im wondering when the admins are actually going to put a suggestion out, they are the ones that really matter here. There have been some good ideas come from here, but there have been some not so good ones too. I understand the need for a cap,or something like that, i see what is happening, if anyone out there thinks we dont get it, well your mistaken. This forum started out of concern for the league, and as many of you said, " its not directed at {E}. If you were sitting on our side of the fence you probably would have seem it differently. Comments like " you dont care about the league and you taking all the good players, well that just adds to the tough feelings that some may have because of this. All i really know is that most of the members of {E} are here to play. Everyone on gameranger is here to play. When you first started on gameranger, it was to play and have fun, you didnt know about any battle league, all you knew was that it was a place to go to play your favorite games and have some fun. It has progressed quite far since then. Its become controversial, political, demanding and sometimes very nasty. I know a lot of you guys playing today that were here 4 years ago, arent playing it with the same kind of enjoyment now as you were then, its totally differnt now.
wow have i rambled on here, i guess what im trying to say here people , is that for the most part, we just want to play the game, and almost all of the clan is here to just play the game, not all but most, cbing is an extra thing that just happens. If people want to join the clan because they just want to have a good time with no preasure to cb, why not, what other clan can they join here that wont give them that same preasure. Im not intending to insult anyone here but if PO cO ZT and a few others wer to take on new guys, they would expect them to cb, or they wouldnt take them on, pretty true right guys, and im not faulting you for this either. Its just that on the other hand , we dont have that stipulation when they come to us, if they want to they can, they dont have to be good they just have to want to, or not, no preasure. Get it. Thats why we have so many i guess not because we went looking but because its a relaxed comfortable place to be. Like it use to be. So , again I say. lets see what the admins have to say about all of this, and lets get the season going, there are still some over here that look forward to cbing but not quite as many as a lot of you think.
{E} Ive

« Reply #154 on: September 02, 2005, 12:44:10 am »

guess clan you start with have be more appealing:) Quite few our guys were built from ground up we have learned alot from each other. We give the newer talent a chance to get soem cb experince any {E} member will happly step aside to let another cb. We dont have set cbers
*AgT*Wolfman

« Reply #155 on: September 02, 2005, 12:50:26 am »

would it be any help to you guys if some noobs that come and ask us to join that we say no and recomend some other clans to join...so that maybe it will even things out...we would even recomend some of the new clans that i know you awsome leaders will be starting any time now!!  Wink Sniper
Ein

« Reply #156 on: September 02, 2005, 01:02:37 am »

Ive stayed out of this thread for fear of pissing anyone off but there is something I dont understand. If {E} says they dont want to turn away any of their current members and they are the largest clan and apparently under fire for being so, why did I see a recruiting room open for {E} last night (8/31/05). If the community feels you are too big, you dont like this nor want to turn your current members away, then why continue recruiting? You're already big. Why take more members from the pool especially if you are suggesting that other clans downsize and create other clans. Spread the wealth.

Of course maybe I just didnt understand and it was just a big joke to have a room open for recruiting more {E} but it didnt seem so.

Ein
legendrob

Don't be a DICKHEAD

« Reply #157 on: September 02, 2005, 01:04:05 am »

I missed that one!!!
{E} Ive

« Reply #158 on: September 02, 2005, 01:05:06 am »

lol actually e was chatiin in a locked room with name enlist here. mostly because when we came out we found that "coughs" had formed Tongue although tom from aoe wanted to enlist lol
jerkasaur

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2005, 03:11:29 am »

Yay or nay for what system? Several have been proposed here, so which one do you want us to be voting on? I may not be a clan leader, but I think this matters a great deal.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads