*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:08:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Clan Member Limit?  (Read 13637 times)
*AgT*Wolfman

« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2005, 06:17:00 am »

I dont like the idea of the new members jerk..cause im new to {E} and i really want to cb!....so thats my two cents worth..and im done witht this topic...ill let mag take care of it.
jerkasaur

« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2005, 08:17:23 am »

Wolf, you havn't read the whole topic. When (if) this system takes effect, all current clan members in every clan will be be allow to stay in the clan and CB with them, it will only apply to new members after the new rules take effect.

Actually I'm a little dissapointed, you and the rest of the XL guys gave up before the season and you (you) went and joined {E}, and don't get me wrong, I like you guys {E}, but they don't need any more members. You did exactly what this entire thread is about stopping, joining a clan with a huge amount of members when you had the opportunity to have your own clan.
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2005, 05:15:26 pm »

Dear {E}357mag,
I think the highest level issue is not how or even if to split up clans. It's about the level of competition on the DBL. I would vote for clans to have 100 players each if we there were that many people playing GhR (and I know RvS has player issues too), but the fact is, as I pointed out previously somewhere but don't have the time now to dig up the link, the community is shrinking.

Each season there are fewer teams playing competatively. In the recently completed pre-XI we had to CB cO. more than the limit of 8 because there weren't any clans on who would CB us. It's because of this that the idea of player caps came up. This thread was not started as a witch hunt on {E}, it's cry from the community to keep it alive. However, since you have the biggest clan on the DBL, people are going to focus on you.

I personally feel (and I know others do too) that your actions of gobbling up every player that comes along is hurting the community. You have 3 teams within your team. That's 3 teams the rest of us can't CB. I also feel you're hurting the community by regularly locking your room and keeping non {E} guys out. Again, 12 or 13 good players the rest of us can't play against.

Nobody wants to force you or anyone else to boot friends off their teams. You've done a great job of pulling some fine players together. However, I think you need to look at the dynamic your bloated team has created within the DBL. I think you need to think about the good of the community. I think you need to consider how you want DBL to live on over the next few seasons.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
theweakspot
BL Staff
Forum Whore

the first mexican-american idol

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2005, 10:09:17 pm »

Well said, T.  Mags- I really hope you were in someway being facetious.  Look back at my first post.... the point of this is to improve comepetion, and specifically, numbers of oppenents which will increase activity.

I don't think anyone want {E} clan to break up or fold- BUT- I really liked the idea of letting you guys compete as subclans.

I know you guys are usually pretty game when it comes to playing against us, but we can only do it 8 times...  If {E} registered in three parts, then we might be able to play 24 times against your clan instead of 8.

Does that make sense?  I mean, I'm strictly looking at it from a competiton point of view.

{E} Ive

« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2005, 10:26:43 pm »

why not just remove the cap an ask diff es to cb eahc time? play 4 new guys a night for a week
Macuber

"GUSTATUS SIMILIS PULLUS"

« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2005, 10:43:49 pm »

However, since you have the biggest clan on the DBL, people are going to focus on you.

I personally feel (and I know others do too) that your actions of gobbling up every player that comes along is hurting the community. You have 3 teams within your team. That's 3 teams the rest of us can't CB. I also feel you're hurting the community by regularly locking your room and keeping non {E} guys out.

I think you need to think about the good of the community. I think you need to consider how you want DBL to live on over the next few seasons.

The "Focus" on 357's E Group needs to be re-focused on their own team. According to the "Current" Events seems some other clans have been stocking up themselves. I've got to know 357Mag for awhile and the members of his group. As Mag has stated he started "E" as a collection of players that fully enjoys his hosting and the fun of playing GHR. No pressure to "Have" to play CB type of games, just the norm..seige and such. Your going to have to face it. No new people like the "Mindsets" of some of the Clans. Go to each other's Clan Websites and read the qualifications.
1. You need to have Prem or NF or iChat or 2 cans and string.
2. You need to be from the country/area of clanmembers
3. You need to be "tested"
4. You need to be a certain age

All to do to join E's group is:
1. Good gamesmanship
2. Good social behavior
3. And have been playing with Mag's group for a while.

Sounds pretty darn sensible to me.

New people enjoy having more than 1 spawn. New people enjoy seige, co-op, assasination. They've observed the attitude of some clanmembers bullying tactics whenever (Gameplay/Maps). And simply said,
why on earth would they allow themselves to be downgraded or humiliated? They're on GameRanger and Ghost Recon to have fun. One of the clans I highly respect are the cO's. They've been through crap, but they've picked themselves up..dusted off and are ready for action. They bring something into GHR that a clan needs to learn:
1.Trustworthiness
2.Respect
3.Fairness

357's shows all those and wanted a group to show that as well. He has that.
*nRg is about 1-2 players shy of having a CB Team which if we don't get em.. I'll prolly release my Clanleader title, and move on.

So again if your having those troubling thoughts that there are not enough clans to battle.. look within.
You've turned alot of people off from wanting to do CB's.

"Is it true that cannibals won't eat clowns because they taste funny?"
*AgT*Wolfman

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2005, 01:03:51 am »

well jerk...lets see.... i have my reasons for leaving ĞXLğ....

1. I was offered a membership in {E} becuase most of my friends are in there and ive tried to get in before and they said no...i wanted to be with the remaining *AG* members who went over to {E}

2.PuN is just plain an asshole...nothing more...nothing less....

3.Participation in the clan was way down low....brandon was hardly on for a whole week.... pun would just put up a chatroom and sit there and do nothing ( he thinks hes soo good that he doesnt need to go and do practice)

4. we were turned down by Ee. Executor when he was clanless and that was a sign that we sucked as a group...

5. CHECKsix was never on either....so...

6. and Pun is a horrible leader....not much participation...cant make up his mind ect....

so you see i have my reasons....so dont bag on me for leaving a crappy clan that wasnt going to even make it into the season...i would love for a couple of new clans to show up and cb against....so im not against new clans or anything either....thats it for me...bye!
RoeM

« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2005, 02:27:33 am »

Would be nice to see some more clans, but I'm not sure a member limit would solve the problem. I think that as soon as the season starts (it's been a while!) many newer clanmembers will come to the realization that the cb'ing they were hoping for isn't occuring due to rank, experience, and frankly favouratism. This will cauze some to leave and start their own clan, in hope of some cb action. Unfortunately the season will allready have started and they will have to wait untill next season. But by the start of the next season they will have gotten bored with waiting and joined their old buddies again only to go through the same cycle again.

Maybe having smaller time gaps between seasons will motivate more clan forming???

Just a thougt, shoot me down if ya want

RoeM
{E} 357mag

"Just try and control me"

« Reply #128 on: September 01, 2005, 02:41:23 am »

maybe all these great players in other clans should spin off and start there own clan just as i have done? now theres an idea! alot of my clan brothers were newbies, whos to say you cant build a rookie team into a real power house cbing group? if we really need more cb teams then im sure some of you great leaders or top players could step forward and do this?, any one in my clan are free to go and start there own clan if they want to so....maybe no one in other clans would have objections to some of there players leaving and doing this? i have a a nomination, maybe weakspot, "you" could spin off and do this?(you would be a great leader) make your own clan? MR T is the leader of special forces right? maybe you could do this too jerk!, now there is an idea! dont give me the crap that there is no players or talent to choose from cause i get asked everytime i get on gr by someone if they could be in {E}, this is a wonderful idea, you know you all are bitching about the fact that there are not enough clans.....so do something about it, take your great leadership skills and get to work! start a clan today ! hell maybe ill start another clan and appoint a leader from my clan to manage it ! (that is if i see some response that other clan player/leaders spin off and do this)...."maybe we could meet in the middle"? the problem here is not clan size....it is haveing great leaders , someone appealing that people are drawn to as a leader...so step forward leaders, lets make some new clans.
Malign

Kill or be Killed!!

« Reply #129 on: September 01, 2005, 02:57:54 am »

why not just remove the cap an ask diff es to cb eahc time? play 4 new guys a night for a week

sounds *DAMN good for me, and to keep from having ppl play noob clans to take all there sheep just limit that idead to he larger clans. just a thought clapping hands clapping hands clapping hands

fixed quotes
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 03:05:09 am by spike » Logged
+OnlyOne+

« Reply #130 on: September 01, 2005, 03:10:12 am »

WEll said Mag....."Checkmate"
jerkasaur

« Reply #131 on: September 01, 2005, 03:26:15 am »

Mag, I understand what your trying to say, and in all fairness to you'll I'll address the issue that has been brought up. I joined [:] because I felt it was a good group of guys that I could get along with and have some good games with. When I joined, the [:] roster was hurting. They had lost several members and they rarely had even 3 people on. I'll admit to wanting to recruit more active plays, and because of that commitment, we now have 9, count them... 9 players on the ghr ladder, with several that are rarely online. The only reason we ever seem to have a large roster is because all our active members, are very, very active. Still, we have often have trouble finding enough of us online to to even do a 4v4 CB. Right now, I think our clan size is perfect, considering the amount of active players that we have, and it's just enough that we can CB on a regular basis. Now, I don't think 9 players is too many, and I think everyone here would agree with that.

I would like to start my own clan mag, but unfortunately, I already have enough previous experience in that field to know that I don't either have the time, patience, or energy to do so. I think you bring up a good point about there not being enough people with good leadership skills on gameranger (least so you assume) but I don't think that that's the problem that we are facing right now.

I guess I havn't been clear enough in my pervious comments about my idea of a cap system. It would NOT force clans to downsize, EVER. What it would do is put a cap on new recruiting to prevent medium size or larger clans from becoming larger then they need to be. This would not prevent someone from joining your clan just to have fun and play some games with his/her friends, but if that person wants to compete in the DBL, they would be out of luck. If that ruin's your fun, too bad, because at least in this league, the needs of the many seem to outway the needs of the few.

Wolfman, I didn't know about PuN's lack of leadership skills, and I'm sorry not only for you, but for everyone else that was looking forward to cbing with some new clans this season.
*AgT*Wolfman

« Reply #132 on: September 01, 2005, 03:29:27 am »

w00t w00t!!!!!!  yeah Mag...tell 'em strait!!!! clapping hands Sniper
*AgT*Wolfman

« Reply #133 on: September 01, 2005, 03:34:42 am »

i still think putting a stop on recruiting for cbing is gay as hell but hey....and i still think mag is right and your wrong..nothing personal..please dont let this subject affect they way we are arround eachother on GR..cya
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 03:39:03 am by {E} Wolfman » Logged
{E} Orion

« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2005, 03:36:09 am »

Mysterio, or Punisher, whoever the hell you are...STFU you chickenshit.
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2005, 03:38:26 am »

take your great leadership skills and get to work!

been there, done that... it was called cO. and we're probably one of the most active clans on GR these days with a wopping 10 members!

• Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1 •
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
[:] Narauko

the Germans call this BEER?!?

« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2005, 04:06:23 am »

Well, heres to another season of sitting around for hours waiting to never cb.

nark?

War is a hobby, one Fucked Up Beyound All Recognition game.
[/color]
[:] Mr. T

STFU

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2005, 04:36:50 am »

maybe all these great players in other clans should spin off and start there own clan just as i have done? now theres an idea!

I did that already, dude... I left *nRg to start [:] because we got too big and bloated. I felt the community need a new, competative team and I knew it wasn't going to happen there. I have 9 expert player who are on weekly if not daily. Don't tell me what to do.

But back to the bigger issue... In your rants you're avoiding them. We all know how you feel about your team, but I'm talking about the community. Do you not see what's happening? The presence of one or two large teams on the DBL is like what happens when WalMart moves into a small town. Before WalMart, there's a nice little collection of mom and pop shops that work together to support a finely balanced community. After, with the balance disrupted, the community collapses.

(The only good thing about WalMart is that they hire all the local retards, but that analogy doesn't apply in the this situation.)

I think there's a collapse coming in the near future. Look at the numbers... in season X there were only 8 teams that were "competative"... and by that I mean, played more than 10 CBs. Then, if you look at the XI preseason, there are only 7* clans that played that many. One of them was [?] which imploded (again) so that wipes out a good team effectively bringing the number to 6. I know new teams have started up, but who knows what's going to happen with them.

Don't you care about the community? Don't you want to see more activity? Have more clans to CB? If you could think about the DBL beyond your little feifdom we might be able to keep the games going.

Shit, BE like WalMart and open a fucking franchise. Start up 2 or 3 smaller teams under the {E} brand.

*Footnote: I couldn't find the final results in the forums, but that was data I took from near the end for another posting I made.

[:] Special Forces Clan [:] http://www.specialforcesclan.org
Kangaroo

« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2005, 04:45:42 am »

Well, heres to another season of sitting around for hours waiting to never cb.

nark?

Well you could sit around waiting to cb or you could do a cb and sit around in the room waiting on people which is all that happens in cbs. Last season during cbs i have had to wait while the opposition has a "10 minute smoke" or "walks there dog" or "getting something to eat" so a cb can turn into a 2+ hour ordeal. Fix this and you will go a long way to fixing the lack on activity.
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2005, 05:20:34 am »

Well some of thoes can wait - but people do have lives.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads