*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 09:43:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Unreal Tournament 2007
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Unreal Tournament 2007  (Read 2989 times)
th.Sentinel

« on: February 27, 2006, 08:17:09 pm »

I recently found a link to a few new screenshots from UT 2007 on a Belgian Mac Gaming site. They look very promissing. It will be the first UT version running on Unreal engine 3.

Screenshots can be found here.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 09:14:20 pm »

looks sweet!

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:16:52 pm »

By far Ut2004 had the best graphics/playability ratio of any game ive ever seen.
ran BEAUTIFUL maxed out and high res on my 1 gig laptop g4.
I certainly hope they maintain the tradition.

(considering they blew it so badly with RVS and the new  AA)
Both games look and Run like shit (on older machines) compared to even the first set of maps released for UT2004....

These look amazing...i just hope we can run it.

Anyone ever hear of proposed system specs for this beast?

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
[a] ferret

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 09:29:19 pm »

Its not UT's fault for those poor poor crappy ports and rapes of their fantastic engine.

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 11:19:05 pm »

I'm diggin that vehicle!

Umm, is it just a coincidence that games ported by Macsoft play better than games ported by Aspyr?

First to Fight ran beautifully on my old iMac, UT2004 runs great, Halo runs great.

th.Sentinel

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 12:29:12 am »

First to fight runs great cause it was made for Mac and ported to pc. But the game sucked on all levels.
UT04 was ported by Ryan Gordon (the same guy that ports AA), its not entirely Ryan's fault that AA runs like this. Its the AA development team that blew the great engine. The only real game that was ported in your list was Halo and it had a lot of bugs as far as I can remember  Wink  Grin.

To get back on topic; no specs available yet, they only just released the screenshots and announced that the game will be released by the end of the year. They didn't even mention on which platforms yet, but like the previous versions they will almost certain port this version to Mac aswell.

+    + +    ++[+] +     ++[+]
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 09:39:32 pm »

Halo does run fantastically well - Macsoft did a brilliant job releasing regular updates and squished all the bugs that it did initially have - and  it does run beautifully. F2F yeah Sents right kinda dosn't count considering it was done for Mac first... pity it was so disappointing in terms of game-play i had my hopes so high for that game Sad

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2006, 09:41:59 pm »

Aspyr is about quantity, Macsoft is quality.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 02:38:35 am »

That vehichle looks exactly like Halo's warthog and with all the rocket based weaponry in UT games it better have some kick ass armor

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2006, 07:36:11 am »

Anyone know if MacSoft is actually dying [Halo warezed ruined them?] or if they are restructuring and strategizing?

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2006, 07:59:04 am »

They're still working on games, not 'dying' at all.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
PandabeaR

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 06:45:20 pm »

Well... I dont know but if UT 2007 is released on mac people with low-cost machines will be truely SCREWED. I think that if you dont have money to buy a g5 with 7800's and a dual core processor than your pretty much fucked on any level with an apple computer any more. All these apps and games are so processor and graphics intensive that if they dont start lowering their prices it seems like its not going to be open to the consumer market anymore... probably not likely... but I am tired of settling for gaming on a PC with WINDOWS because I cant afford to keep upgrading my macintosh computer.... oh well, by next year i'll have dual 7800's and a dual AMD processor for a fraction of the cost that a g5 would cost me...
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 12:24:45 am »

Yes, there there. You are well aware a graphics card at the top of the line costs the same Mac or PC, and sure you may save a few hundred in the end of the day on the whole package, but let's humour the thought a bit.

First point, Dual core processing. You claim you are screwed on Apple dual core wise? Well let's see, the Mac Mini has one, the iMac has them across the line, the MacBooks all have them, and the PowerMac line has been dual CPU since 1998.

Second point, the 7800GT. Not only is it over kill to mention a 7800GT, it's not even the best benchmark and performance wise (See ATI X1900 or X1800 series). Then again, maybe you're just trying to prove a point, which I will deal with in a minute.

Third point, Price. The cheapest 7800 GT I could find on NewEgg that WAS SLI ready costs a fair bit, some calculations below (New Egg [and sale items] used):

$409 X 2 (You need 2 cards for SLI) = $818
          $160 (You need a SLI motherboard with AMD support)
          $550 for a Dualcore 2.0GHz AMD

Wow, without any of those other major components you're already over $1500. Add in a power supply, sound card, and so forth and you'll be at Powermac price level for a CPU that will be a generation or two behind the Intel PowerMac. Did I mention you'll have to buy one of the expensive versions of Vista (or any professional Windows OS) to have full game support... and the ability to play new games once vista is out.

You can't say that Apple's prices are unfair, especially those transitioned to Intel. Upgrading a Windows PC is just as expensive in the long run, and if you spend all your time in Windows, you will run out of virus safety pretty fast.

Unreal Engine 3 is less demanding than even the Quake 4/Doom 3 engine, so I don't know why you chose to rant about this particular game. Unreal will likely run great on any computer over 1.5GHz with 64MB VRAM.

With the Mac Pro (Powermac Intel) specs including Conroe or Woodcrest based chipsets, I don't see how you can claim these computers are better buys, especially if Apple includes socketed CPUs (which it did in the Mac Mini/iMac) as well as SLI GPU support. You can upgrade that as much as any PC you could compare it to, and have the advantage of legal support of Both Apple (OSX) and Microsoft (Windows).

John Lennon
PandabeaR

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 06:51:34 pm »

Point well taken. I still prefer to be able to cheaply accomplish my computing goals in incriments. If I had the money around, you better believe I would be jumping on a G5 macintel. But the fact remains that I dont and I wont go out and buy a whole new system to play new games. I already have amd socket 939 support and sli support on my psu. But if you were starting off from scratch... yeah perhaps a macintel.
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 10:18:48 pm »

Make sure your board isn't one of the cheap ones that claims SLI, but really splits the power of a 16X in two so that each SLI card only gets 8X (it's sort of important compared to the older 4X vs 8X); if it is, yell at the scum who try to sell that lie and get away with it. In the end of the day even buying the low end Mac Pro on release would be a good investment ($1499 [probably single CPU] or $2000 [Dual CPU - note: it will be 2 cores or more per CPU]). I personally would do it most so I had legal support for OSX, I'm sure Apple Legal is working on a way to be able to attack those installing modded OSX onto generic PCs.

John Lennon
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 08:26:14 am »

I think it's about time to disallow guests in all boards Roll Eyes

- rgr croussschh ( Wink ) them bots are getting a tad annoying heh.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:53:46 am by BFG » Logged

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads