*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:47:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Stubbs The Zombie
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stubbs The Zombie  (Read 2233 times)
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« on: December 03, 2005, 10:11:21 am »

So, now that it is out for the Mac (& PC), and some of you will be getting it shortly, tell me what you think, I'm actually very curious to hear what your reactions to it.  So, once you've got it, post your thoughts!

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_GhostSniper
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

SUA SPONTE

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 03:09:43 pm »

My first thought is...

Did Lone-Wolf really waste all that valuable time at Aspyr on a freaky zombie game?  lol

"On the fields of friendly strife are sown the seeds that on other days and other fields will bear the fruits of victory."

-General of the Army Douglas MacArthur
BTs_hooks

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 10:08:38 pm »

i got the game today, my first reaction was damn this is running pretty smooth, but as teh game goes on and u get a larger army of zombies and u get more enimies attack u at the same time it get some slow downs but its pretty fun kind of repetive but its nothing to stop someone from buying it.

i give it a B-

hooks

im running a 1.8 G5 with 2 gigs ram
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 12:12:51 am »

It's pretty funny (and very sick and disturbing at times, hehe), just finished the first level. The graphics on highest settings didn't really impress me, though... Dual 2.3Ghz G5 with 3.75GB RAM and ATi X800XT. I'm gonna try if ATi Displays makes a difference with some FSAA and AF. Physics are not good compared to other titles, character models pretty bad also... that's definitely a minus. I like the idea and the gameplay, though.

One problem I noticed right away, though... my Logitech Dual Action USB gamepad doesn't get recognized by the game. The menu for it stays greyed out although the OS and several other games recognize it. Bleh, such games suck with keyboard and mouse. I hope this will be fixed.

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 07:53:41 pm »

Yes GS, I did spend much of my summer working on that game, and all I can say is that now i have a really kickass reference on my resume, despite wanting to stab myself in the face every time i think about that game. 

and i reject it.

c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 06:20:35 am »

So it's been a while, who else has played the game?

Im curious to hear what you thought were the good and bad aspects of the game.

And good god, I've almost been tempted to open up the free copy I got for working on it...but fortunately I bought Oblivion for my PC, and it's come to my rescue.

and i reject it.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 09:20:23 am »

It was a good XBOX rental...that's about it. It wasn't great, but not bad. Good concept in theory, just got too tedious sometimes or flat out frustrating for a game that is usually ridiculously easy. Oblivion on the other hand is brilliant.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
IGnome™

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 10:12:35 am »

It was a good XBOX rental...that's about it. It wasn't great, but not bad. Good concept in theory, just got too tedious sometimes or flat out frustrating for a game that is usually ridiculously easy. Oblivion on the other hand is brilliant.

I doubt that going through 18-20 (don't remember the number) of Oblivion Gates that are "randomly generated" is the word to describe Oblivion, but the quests are fun. for cerial jumping 20 feet in the air (no hax) and killing people in one hit is fun ha.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads