*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 04:42:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  World of Warcraft Chars.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft Chars.  (Read 4450 times)
Phara
BL Staff

*DAMN Battle League Admin

« on: May 21, 2006, 07:15:12 pm »

What is your best char and what realm you playing on? I got a 48 rogue on Dentarg (euro servers)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 07:30:18 pm by Phara » Logged
Ein

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:29:04 pm »

56 druid on Emeral Dream.
Civrock
*DAMN Supporter ][ *DAMN Staff
God save the Royal Whorealots

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:15:17 pm »

Level 60 Warrior on Garithos (US).

~Formerly known as "Civic"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/civrock
NiKLoT

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 02:04:02 am »

i had fve 60s but i stopped playing WoW. heureca  clapping hands clapping hands
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 10:15:28 pm »

I stopped Playing Wow as well..I was working on a warrior. Never could really get into it, although I see how you could get lost in it. Nixon is a lvl 60 and he spends his time terrorizing Euro servers...Gems a lvl 60 warrior as well...

And despite Civics attempt at not 'allowing' me to post in sections he moderates, Ill reiterate..
In friendly jest...

Yer all soooo gay, it makes richard Simmons Look macho...lol..and yes Im hoping one of my clanmembers gets to see it...buncha wow playin monkeys.

this is Richard Simmons. http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=904

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
Civrock

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 01:35:37 am »

And despite Civics attempt at not 'allowing' me to post in sections he moderates, Ill reiterate..
In friendly jest...

Eh? What?

z][t-Magnetic

www.transistor6.net

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 09:41:52 am »

WoW is the perfect example of a game for lemmings. The only thing you need here to be good is TIME. No skill required. The guys with the most time on their hands to play are the winners. They will have time to
attend 5 hour instance raids every day to get the perfect epic set of gear. Cool thing is that Blizzard just makes a new instance every now and then with slightly better, or even cooler looking gear, so they keep the lemmings playing and paying for the months to come...sad. Get over it.

Civrock

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 10:28:39 am »

/agree

spike
*DAMN Supporter
God bless the freaks

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 03:43:22 pm »

then why do you have a lvl 60 char civic? and i recall a thread awhile ago where you bashed wow, said you couldnt get into it.

<<Evill is now known as Evill.aHa!>>

Let the Hump never die...

Retired into WoW:
- noripcord 60 warrior -
- server stormrage -
NiKLoT

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 07:39:44 pm »

wow is like cocain! first u think it sux, then u get addicted and then it depens on ur own character and rl. 1 possiblity is u wont get away from it, or something happens in rl b4 that makes u think about ur time that u spend for WoW. my example: i played more then 5000h (+-) i stopped rowing and my school marks got worse. Then we went one week away of sivilization with the class, and i realised that theres so many things that are better then WoW and one day or another ull have to stopp WoW, even if its when server r shutting down cuz blizzard dies or any crap like that and then?Huh? u have  3 60s with T3 equip but u think u can impress some1 with that.. like if a friend asks u that u havent seen for a while: hi dude what have u done in the last 2 years, :oh well i played wow, :nice and what else?, :hmm nothing..., :oh nice, and he walks away!! TO ALL WoW ADDICTED stopp playin it its bad!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 02:19:08 pm by x|p.NiKLoT » Logged
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 10:37:46 pm »

wow is like cocain! first u think it sux, then u get addicted and then it depens on ur own character and rl. 1 possiblity is u wont get away for it, or something happens in rl b4 that makes u think about ur time that u spend for WoW. my example: i played more then 5000h (+-) i stopped rowing and my school marks got worse. Then we went one week away of sivilization with the class, and i realised that theres so many things that are better then WoW and one day or another ull have to stopp WoW, even if its when server r shutting down cuz blizzard dies or any crap like that and then?Huh? u have  3 60s with T3 equip but u think u can impress some1 with that.. like if a friend asks u that u havent seen for a while: hi dude what have u done in the last 2 years, :oh well i played wow, :nice and what else?, :hmm nothing..., :oh nice, and u walks away!! TO ALL WoW ADDICTED stopp playin it its bad!!

I hate the game too but is it really that bad when it comes to kids getting addicted?... that's sorta sickening.

Unit iX • America's Army • [iX^]tox!c^1
• *nRg • Ghost Recon • *cO.krush •
(SiX)Sheixhundt
Forum Whore

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 11:06:19 pm »

Yes.

Everyone I know that plays or has played says the EXACT same thing. Almost verbatim.
And i dont mean close, i mean its like they are all speaking thru a common mouth or something.
Every single one of my clanmates got stuck in it..and that includes a Doctor, a Touring Metal band dude, guitar teacher and two college kids, and a choreographer. They all explained it just like Nik. Spooky shit.
and 5000 hours would be sitting in front of your computer and not moving for 28.76 weeks STRAIGHT. with NO breaks, no shitting or eating..

I heard that this was one of the first video games to be written FIRST around a Formal Motivational schemata involving thousands of hours of psychological profiling and technical shit like that before it ever even went to the storyboarders. They KNEw they were going to have to addict the players to get them to pay the fees. That qualifies it in my eyes as pure fucking evil. Its no longer a game, its a mechanism of premeditated addiction. Brilliant plan, but pure evil.

I discovered why the buddha laughs.
The truth is so horrifying, it's funny.
:V: Stripes

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2006, 11:25:38 pm »

Thank god i never paid for that game.

Not my style anyway Wink

--------------------------------
Stripes (ViRuS Clan Predator)
stripes@virus-clan.com
--------------------------------
GeT iNfEcTeD!!!
http://www.virus-clan.com
http://www.virus-clan.org
http://www.team-virus.org
:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 03:17:56 am »

It is pretty sad just how many people are addicted, to the point where they might need professional help.

I still have great respect for Blizzard though because I love their Starcraft and Warcraft strategy series.  Starcraft is still my favorite strategy game.

Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 07:35:45 am »

I have to correct myself... I said kids are addicted... but there's probably just as many adults as kids addicted to the game.

:MoD:Shade
God bless the freaks

Mojo-Jojo!

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 10:24:06 pm »

Warcrafters Anonymous?

*DAMN Hazard
God bless the freaks

Where is the knowledge we lost with information?

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 01:48:35 am »

Or maybe its just easier to hide behind a heroic character from a magical place with cool powers than face the real world. Then again the World of Warcraft and the storyline actually is intriguing and I actually played a lot of them. It could just be that the game is that damn good or maybe we should be harboring concerns that it's too damn good.

Then again I've never played the game and can't comment on its addiction status.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
~ Einstein
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 03:07:36 pm »

We say that about WarCraft but i think there's an element of addition in AA as well - its this whole 'honor points' or 'frag rate' thing makes players spend longer and longer addicted to just trying to do a little better... its dangerous!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
Ein

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2006, 09:44:42 pm »

WoW is no more addictive than any other game(or at least IMO). Sure I can spend hours playing online in an instance but I have also spent hours playing ghr online or RvS. GhR, think of how much time is spent practicing with a clan so that the clan will be good enough to cb their way to the finals. When I played ghr the most, I would spend night of 3-5 hours playing ghr with my clan. Sometimes we wouldn't even be playing... Just trying to fin a cb(which in my oppinipon is worse than playing the game cause instead of playing, your staring at a chat screen with nothing being accomplished).

At least with Wow though, you see improvement and there are things to work towards. With Ghr or RvS... There's nothing. Win a round or match... Then start all over just like you started the previous match.

Wow, you gain lvls, find better items, explore new areas... Much more entertaining that playing a match that gives you nothing win or lose but eats your time either way.

Ein
Croosch
God bless the freaks

Absolute Lunacy

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2006, 11:50:03 pm »

Looking at the 300+ kids at school that play WoW on a daily basis I would say it's getting pretty bad.  I have classes with a bunch of them and that's just about all I hear... guild, money, stores, level 60 or whatever it may be characters.  And from the sounds of it that's just about all they do all weekend and weekdays when they aren't working on homework.  You know it's getting bad when 1/10th of the school has no tan this time of year because of a game. Roll Eyes It seems some of these kids need a rude awakening to get back into reality.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads