*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:50:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  RvS Graphics glitch?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: RvS Graphics glitch?  (Read 3515 times)
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« on: November 28, 2005, 11:13:31 pm »

Huh  Does anyone else get this wierd graphics glitch when the snow is all red, and no not with blood, all the snow on the map, like peaks, and alpine village?  I just re-installed and it still happens!  wallbashing  If anyone knows how to fix this I would really appreciate it.  Thanks,

CS

Someday Mac Soft will get sick of my emails and make Rogue Spear OSX native.
c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 01:20:36 am »

Yeah I've had similar issues, I've noticed that its pretty sporadic.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 05:25:11 am »

Mine was also. It would go away after a restart but now it seems like it's getting worse, it happens in training too.  Angry  Well I just got done telling Aspyr about it, hopefully someone has an answer...

DarK.
God bless the freaks

Forum's Evil Side

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 05:51:59 am »

if a reinstall didnt fix, maybe its something with iGuard, or something your computer is doing. Maybe try redownloading/reinstalling iGuard.[/size]

Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics... Even if you win, you are still retarded.
NiKLoT

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 03:52:14 pm »

i had those problems way b4 iguard. u have to live with it or stop playing rvs... Cheesy
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 05:50:12 pm »

iGuard won't be a factor here - there is no alteration or anything that iguard does that could have a effect.

Sounds like a shitty bug - i know bomb had a problemo with his NV and some crazy crap color at one point, and i and others have had weird things happen with the snow on several maps - im afraid i think you've got to bit the bullet and live with it... that or do a clean install and hope and pray! Wink

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 09:18:50 pm »

Well here's Aspyr's solution...

"I would suggest checking your video settings and making sure that you have the latest drivers for your card--it sounds like a texture rendering error, and can mostly likely be resolved by turning your graphical settings down a few notches.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks for playing!

Aspyr Support Team"

For more prompt service, please include all previous correspondence in your replies.
www.aspyr.com/support/

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 09:26:00 pm »

... and what did you find? Wink

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 11:37:40 pm »

well that didn't work for me, so I let them know and am waiting for their reply...

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 01:16:24 am »

Ok, hear's what I got...

Aspyr Media Support Response - "I recommend the following troubleshooting steps. Try running the Repair Disk Permissions function of the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities. Also, avoid installing the game to Applications or the Desktop; there are permissions conflicts that can arise when games are installed here. Games work best when they are installed in a separate games folder on the top/root level of your hard drive.
If the game is not currently stored in one of the aforementioned locations then sometimes just moving the game is not enough and it is necessary to reinstall. Reinstalling also gets rid of any game data that may have become corrupt. Be sure to trash the game's preferences files located in Home/Library/Preferences  when you do so. Then just trash the current copy of the game and install a new copy.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for playing Tom Clancy's Rainbow  Six 3: Raven Shield "
------
Aspyr Support Team

For more prompt service, please include all previous correspondence in your replies.
www.aspyr.com/support/
-------------------------------------------

I'm gonna try it now   Wink

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2005, 02:12:48 am »

Angry Angry Angry wallbashing wallbashing wallbashing Nade  need I say more....

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2005, 01:17:56 pm »

heh looks liked you summed things up Wink You've checked you've got the latest drivers for your graphics card etc don'tcha? and your just running a single monitor?

NiKLoT

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2005, 04:30:17 pm »

Well here's Aspyr's solution...

"I would suggest checking your video settings and making sure that you have THE LATEST DRIVERS FOR YOUR CARD--it...

haha! i c they have real expirience with mac.. as far as i know u dont need to dl seperat drivers for the card i mean c'mon... and the other states mand.. no cheap u dont have to say anything else!
BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 04:46:27 pm »

as far as i know u dont need to dl seperat drivers for the card i mean c'mon...

Actually they have in the passed released updates and patches for drivers seperatly - i've done a patch for my 9800 from ATI

7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2005, 04:03:55 am »

Yes BFG, I did check.  I have a stock nvidia fx5200 and there is no updated driver for it, nvidias site sucks actually, but anyway I sent them a question also regarding this issue.  The part I don't understand is that this problem didn't happen to me for like a year, everything was fine.  So I would think that it is either the game, which a clean install should have fixed, or something with the computer itself.  I couldn't find any related issues on apple's support pages, so I'm considering running diskwarrior to rebuild the directory.  I'm picking my brain and tryin to remember if there was a software update around the time this started.  Anyone have any ideas?  Could a firmware update be related? 

Well hopefully we can figure this out, I'll definitly share any email responses I get for those of you that don't want to just deal with it if we don't have to, I sure as hell don't.

c| Spetsnaz.
*DAMN Supporter

American Anarchist.

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2005, 05:12:44 am »

Yeah thats a possibility, I didn't get the tripped out textures for a while after the game came out. And if I recall nade/gun bugs did not exist until after one of the updates.

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
 ~Voltaire

"Politics is the womb in which war develops."
~Carl P. G. von Clausewitz
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 01:39:29 am »

Huh  Well, this is what their latest response was, it sure seems like a duplicate to me...

Aspyr Media Support Response

"You only need this one: http://www.aspyr.com/games.php/mac/raven/support/. I also suggest that you completely reinstall the game. I recommend the following troubleshooting steps. Try running the Repair Disk Permissions function of the Disk Utility located in Applications/Utilities. Also, avoid installing the game to Applications or the Desktop; there are permissions conflicts that can arise when games are installed here. Games work best when they are installed in a separate games folder on the top/root level of your hard drive.
If the game is not currently stored in one of the aforementioned locations then sometimes just moving the game is not enough and it is necessary to reinstall. Reinstalling also gets rid of any game data that may have become corrupt. Be sure to trash the game's preferences files located in  Home/Library/Preferences  when you do so. Then just trash the current copy of the game and install a new copy. Then run the patch again.

I hope this helps."
------
Aspyr Support Team

www.aspyr.com/support/

Ein

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 07:25:34 pm »

*blinks and scrolls up*

Well, I'm glad aspyr suport is actually trying to help with your issues instead of just sending a prewritten email over and over... Oh wait... Word for word... Nvm.

*grmbl*

Ein
Cobra

Slap ma fro!

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2005, 08:59:32 pm »

That glitch shows up for me sporadically, as well.

But lately, I've encountered a graphics bug that pisses me off much, much more, and it is there every single time I run the game.  It started happening after installing 10.4.3.  Lighting on all of the game's dynamic objects (characters, your gun model, doors, etc.) has gotten screwed up.  It's most evident in bright outdoor environments, like the Daytime Airport level.  Instead of the models being lit smoothly, there are no transitions between fully lit and fully shadowed regions on the models, and as they move there's a very noticeable and annoying "popping" between bright and dark.  In bright environments, the models often look like there's no lighting being done at all (or completely ambient light) because there's no shading.

Like here, it looks like there's no lighting being applied to the characters, but on the backs it jumps from fully lit (like this) to black, right down the seams of the polygons.  It looks retarded, and it's annoying as hell, since it jumps around as the model moves.

And doors in the world flash between black and fully lit, seemingly dependent on view angle.

I wrote an email to Aspyr, and I got exactly (word for word) the same response email as the first one you posted.  I've reinstalled Raven Shield, and noticed that the problem only comes up after applying the latest patch.  The lighting glitch isn't there in the 1.0 (CD) version, but comes back after patching it.

Has anyone else seen this, ever?  I'm pretty sure it's a bug that Aspyr needs to fix rather than something I can fix by reinstalling, changing prefs, etc.  Anyone else play Raven Shield with a Geforce 6800?  I'm guessing it's a problem with the OS + video card + latest patch combination.

Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 02:50:38 am by Cobra » Logged

If you don't like the way I drive, get off the damn sidewalk!
7.Dr.Cheap Shot

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 02:44:30 am »

Wow, that sucks too.  After that last duplicate email they sent I did reply to them and expressed my dissapointment and to my surprise  Shocked , they sent me, what looks like, a genuine reply.  So here it is, I haven't tried it yet so if someone does let us know if it worked.

Aspyr Media Support Response

"The 1.0.2 patch is what you will need, we're not seeing this graphical issue here, so something on your Mac is conflicting with the game. Here is something else you can try: uninstall the game again, move ALL files related to Raven Shield to the trash and empty it. Do a search in your hard drive in Everywhere to make sure that you got everything. Disconnect any peripherals from your computer except for the keyboard and mouse, create a New User account, reboot the computer and log into the new user account, and then reinstall the game. Choose the Mac hard drive as the destination for the install, avoid putting the game in any folders.  After launching leave the game in the default resolution to make sure it runs, and then reinstall the patch."

Jen

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads