*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:02:58 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Doom 3 Ships.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doom 3 Ships.  (Read 3998 times)
Typhy
God save the Royal Whorealots

Woot

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2005, 10:26:18 am »

Question for you all. . .

Back near the start, when you're supposed to transmit the message to earth for reinforcements. . . Did you do it?

"Work is punishment for failing to procrastinate effectively." - National Association of Procrastinators<br /><br />Kerry & Edwards in 04' <br />Knowles for US Senate
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

Frog blast the vent core!

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2005, 10:35:29 am »

Yes.  Though when I go back through on my G5 i dont intend to.  Though from what ive read it does not change the storyline at all.

Quote from: (SiX)Sheixhundt
Air is a mechanism of control.
and i reject it.

They cant hit me from all the way over the-
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 01:28:33 pm »

I really do find a lot was destroyed by them not including destructible environments.... even in a minor way.

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
Mysterio is a registered trademark of Myster
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2005, 12:47:40 am »

That dissapointed me as well, considering how common, almost standard, it is to find such a minor but asthetically pleasing thing in a game. 

and i reject it.

BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 10:03:13 pm »

All who haven't google Unreal Engine 3 and watch the newer video clips on some site... err this one:

http://www.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138759

All on a NVIDIA 6600 GT. This came will pwn quake 4 (doom 3).

"There's room at the top they are telling you still. But first you must learn how to smile as you kill"
John Lennon
Only suits they'll be wearing are body bags. • Your trial will be held at the city morgue. • I'll return your gun, one bullet at a time.
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2005, 02:19:24 am »

Ok, having played through the entire game again on my Dual 2.5, Nvidia 6800 Ultra DDL, i set it to Ultra settings, and the game ran without a hitch.  There was the occasional split second of lag when I first loaded a level, but that is about it. 

However, this doesnt mean that Doom 3's replay value has gone up at all.  I seriously doubt I will ever touch the game again, until I get my own apartment at college and have cable running into my apartment. (instead of the crap they call a connection here in the dorms)

So, random question for everobody, what was your favorite weapon in Doom 3? (Excluding the BFG9000 and SoulCube) 

My pick would be the machine gun, runners up being the pistol and shotgun (the shotgun shot spread -way- too quickly, at point black some of the shot still missed my target...)

and i reject it.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2005, 08:39:14 pm »

didn't think this needed a whole new thread... but take a look at http://www.quake4game.com/   - Quake4 running of a version of the Doom3 engine, and looking pretty inpressive!

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2005, 11:45:41 pm »

Looking impressive, but only running at it's best on the macs with the 2 year life spans.

John Lennon
c| Lone-Wolf
*DAMN Staff
Forum Whore

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2005, 08:59:59 am »

Much sexyness BFG. 

I dont have time to explore what Q4 will or will not have, or what has been announced, but here is what I hope it has over Doom 3:

-Interaction with friendly AI.  One clip looked like you had marines (?) running around with you, so that is heartening. 

-An actual storyline.  Plot, while not known to be iD's strong suit (most recently shown by D3), I think would do this game very well.  Those graphics + a few shreds of storyline, would really put it up there.

-Destructible environments.  I've got my fingers crossed that somehow, someone in iD realizes that the more you can blow up, deface, or generally interact with, the more fun the game is.

And here's to hoping that the vehicles you can run around in are good too.  The one clip with one running almost face-on to the camera, looked an awfully lot like a MadDog/Timberwolf hybrid from Mechwarrior 2.  Oh well, if it was a Timberwolf, it works for me! (That mech kicked serious ass, back in it's day).

and i reject it.

BFG
Global Moderator
Emperor of Spamness

Mr.Chuckles the Nipple Monkey

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 11:10:10 am »

Hmmm destructive environments... Now the last game that claimed to have those was "red faction" wasn't it? I must say i looked at the screen shots of that game back in the day and i never went near it... I just really didn't tickle my fancy. I've not heard anything  about Destructive Environments in Q4 mate but Your just a low down and dirty psychopathic demolition demon arn't you Wink

Definatly there are other soldiers you team up and work / fight / kill with - i read a review somewhere errr ... yes somewhere anyway there was a lot of reassurance that this was a move right away from Q3 and a return to a plot storyline and some decent play with AI 

Mechwarrior passed me by as well damnit Sad hmm jeeps and all sorts look fun, and im certainly not going to complain about the graphics! Smiley

"You cant fight in here gentlemen, this is the war room!"
AA:MoD
BTs_Mysterio
BL Staff

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2005, 01:23:34 pm »

BFG, I think may would be satisfied if bullets even sparked or left a dot when they hit a wall.or loose objects didn't just stay in the way.

UE3 has the AI edge, with voice command systems. Also advanced recognition of unique orders.

John Lennon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads