*DAMN R6
.:Navigation:| Home | Battle League | Forum | Mac Downloads | PC Downloads | Cocobolo Mods |:.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:26:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
One Worldwide Gaming Community since 13th June 2000
132954 Posts in 8693 Topics by 2294 Members
Latest Member: xoclipse2020
* Home Help Search Login Register
 Ads
+  *DAMN R6 Forum
|-+  *DAMN R6 Community
| |-+  Gaming (All your Gaming needs are here!) (Moderator: *DAMN Hazard)
| | |-+  Ghost Recon Update 1.0.2 Beta
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghost Recon Update 1.0.2 Beta  (Read 3734 times)
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2003, 01:10:56 am »

Yo All,

Still havent fixed mine either, but Meat wagon, u can fix that hand wit a pencil thing by rebuilding the desktop (hold option and alt keys at startup) this will sort all ur icons out u should do it evry now and again anyway.........

I dunno if evill reads this board, but mb if more of us email him, he'll un-make 1.02b a required update?

C o k e
AK_Rap1d
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2003, 07:27:17 am »

UPDATE: Still Nothing here.  Still can't join GhR games on GR Sad  

DAMN @#$%^&(I ASPYR and their  #@$%&* Patches! Angry
Socrates
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2003, 03:54:33 pm »

I've hybridized the varoius solutions suggested here. I can now play via ip-join by using the new appl created in my ghr1.0.2b1>contents>macos folder. That appl works fine, is very stable, etc. But gameranger wont recognize this appl.

I also trashed my 1.0.1 ghr appl, and replaced it with a copy of the above 1.0.2b version. Gameranger will recognize the appl in that location, which is HD>Games>ghost recon desert siege.

So, on gameranger i can join rooms and ask the host for the ip address. Then i have to leave the room, run the appl from the macos folder, ip join, and play.

It's better than nothing until the patch is fixed or gameranger accepts 1.0.1 again.
Scott_Kevill

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2003, 05:45:19 am »

It's hardly surprising it doesn't work when you do a hack job without having the slightest idea what you're doing.

If you're going to copy the app into the old install, copy the info.plist as well (to Contents/, not MacOS/).

Scott.

GameRanger - the multiplayer online gaming service
PsYcO aSsAsSiN
*DAMN Staff
God bless the freaks

A blast from the past...

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2003, 09:18:21 am »

The reason for a mandatory patch is to accomplish a couple things...

1) To weed out the pirates who weren't smart enough to burn the installer on to a CD.

2) To increase the testing pool since it is a public beta - teh more people that play it, the higher the chances that an error will be found.

For those of you old enough (and by looking at the replies in this thread, a lot of you aren't), Rogue Spear underwent the same public testing of a patch that took way too damn long for them to release.

Rainbow 6/Rogue Spear/Ghost Recon/Raven Shield/America's Army/XBOX 360: Mighty Bruin

-retired- (MIA 6/17/02)
Hasta la vista, baby!  Embarrassed
Co-Leader, clan PsYcO.

Clan PsYcO - 11/01/00 - 02/08/02
R.I.P. Grifter
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2003, 06:50:00 pm »

Scott,

Thx 4 the tip with the info.plist file, but where exactly do i put it?

Can anyone give me a step by step explanation from start 2 finish pls?

Forgive my nOOb-ness, but this shit is not my area.

C o k e Tongue
Captain Snorp

New, me? No, I just suck.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2003, 08:18:37 pm »

Meatwagon -
Sounds like you got the same system as me, least as far as the basics go (256 RAM & RAGE 128pd here) ...  wonder if you are having similar results here...

Since I ran the 1.0.2b patch, been having all sorts of slowdown problems (especially in IT). At least I think it's since the patch.  

Are you noticing that IT runs pretty chuggishly (with or without the patch?)  I've also suddenly noticed a lot of slowdown on other mods when high-rate-of fire weapons are being used (not even including fixed or tank guns).

I guess if I can decide whether the patch is involved or not would be really helpful. Wink

thanks-
CS

[TRIBE]Meatwagon

How does it feel to be DONKEY PUNCHED?

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2003, 10:54:36 pm »

hey Captain, funny you say that, yeah we have the same system pretty muc, and mods run really slowfor me, so now i dont even use the. trashed them out of my mods folder. even when i play GHR or desert seige i run between 15 and 30 frame rates. need to get a better video card. but as for IT havent loaded it yet. so i cant answer you on that yet. sorry.
Captain Snorp

New, me? No, I just suck.

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2003, 02:49:10 am »

yeah, thinking of adding maybe an ATI 8500 AGP and some RAM here in the near future, would like to be able to handle IT a little better.

I zapped my PRAM last night, rebuilt the desktop while I was at it, seemed to have helped the overall frames for GR, but maybe that's just my wishful thinking, heh.

|SM| Socrates
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2003, 04:11:31 pm »

info.plist....

umm...it's already in the contents folder. Where do you want us to copy it to?

Nice to drop in and make demeaning remarks without fixing a damn thing.

Test data? You're kidding, right? From the very first hours of this patch I've been emailing gameranger and aspyr. If the fix is so easy as Evill suggests, why not share it with us? If there is no easy fix, then tell me that I'm being left in the cold.

And continuing to make the patch mandatory at this point is ridiculous. We know it doesn't work AT ALL for some people. Everyone who plays regularly has already run the patch. That's all the data you're going to get. You're looking for data from someone who's playing on gameranger for the first time this week, I guess? Those are the only new problems you're going to discover at this point. And guess what? Those people either won't understand the problem, or won't tell you about it anyway.

And I really don't care who thinks whom is smart/old/experienced enough to understand this problem. I have yet to hear anyone offer a real working solution.

Apologies for coming across as pissed off in this post. I just can't believe people think they know how to fix this and won't share it.
core.C o k e

Spanker 1st Class

« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2003, 10:00:08 pm »

I feel so freakin dumb!

Finally got GhR 2 work, I was ...erm.... using OS 9.0.4 so Ive updated to 9.2.2, reinstalled everything and i can join GR  fine and its all cool.
So I suggest anyone with probs has a look 2 see what version of OS they have.

Saying that, a week with no GhR has done wonders for me and my girl lol Grin

C o k e
|SM| Socrates
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2003, 03:41:44 pm »

thanks Coke. I'll try that. I am on 9.0.4 as well. Looks like a three step upgrade, so I'll have to find the time for that, plus the reinstall of ghr and all its addendums.

in the meantime, I have discovered that if I try to join via gameranger (using the relocated 1.0.2b app I moved from macos into the ghr folder) I end up at the main menu screen of ghr. If I click multiplayer, nothing happens. BUT, if I quit and immediately start the 1.0.2b app in the macos folder, it puts me into the game I was trying to join. Why? Who knows or cares....it works.
|SM| Socrates
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2003, 06:17:21 pm »

Finally got an informative response from aspyr---

> When I install the update, it creates a new folder called 'Ghost Recon 1.0.2b1' and the new ghr app is in that folder, in 'Contents > MacOs'. That new version of the game runs perfectly. I can ip join from the game. It's just that gameranger will not recognize the ghr app in that location. It only sees the app when I copy it to the 'Ghost Recon - Desert Siege' folder. Problem is, when I run that copy, it won't join the games, and it won't let me ip join either, as the multiplayer button on the main menu does not work. When I try to join using gameranger (which is pointing to the copy of the beta app), ghr starts up and then dumps me to the ghr main manu screen.
> On the Damn forum it has been revealed that this might be a problem only for people with mac os 9.0.4, which I am running. Other users with my same problem report that when the updated their os to 9.2.2 and then reinstalled ghr, the problem went away.

Okay, yes, you should update to Mac OS 9.1.  We recommend that as a minimum version to anyone running Mac OS 9.x.  This game application is actually a package, and 9.0.4 may not recognize it correctly.  I missed the fact you were using that OS.

Update to 9.1 or later, and you should be fine.  You shouldn?t have to go on to 9.2 if you don't want to (for whatever reason).

John
--
John Phelps
jphelps@aspyr.com
Tech support guru, game player, Macintosh loyalist.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Ads